Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan (33169 Views)

Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo Wants To Commit Suicide – Timipre Sylva / Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva / David Lyon Visits Bola Tinubu With Timipre Sylva (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by Addme: 5:48am On Nov 19, 2023
Previous Thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7914275/bayelsa-poll-relocated-mother-abuja
Timipre Sylva, candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Bayelsa governorship election, says the comments by former President Goodluck Jonathan on the outcome of the poll is “unfortunate”.

On November 13, Douye Diri, governor of Bayelsa and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), was declared the winner of the November 11 election after he scored 175,196 votes to defeat his close challenger, Sylva.

Sylva, a former minister of state for petroleum resources, polled 110,108 votes.

Diri was reelected for his second term in office.

In his reaction during a visit to Diri after the election, Jonathan said he would have relocated his mother to Abuja, the nation’s capital, if the governor had not been reelected.

The former president, who hails from Bayelsa, said cultism and kidnapping have reduced from the “suffocating level they used to be” during the administration of Diri.

“We should think about the development of the state starting from the issue of peace and security in the state which within this last period, three years plus, there are significant improvements in terms of cultism and kidnapping and so on and so forth,” Jonathan had said.

“I was saying before this election that if Diri loses this election, I would have relocated my mother to Abuja.”

But reacting to Jonathan’s comments, Sylva, in an Instagram post, said he “sincerely” hoped that the former president was misquoted.

“Former President Goodluck Jonathan’s statement is unfortunate,” he wrote.

“I sincerely hope he was misquoted. Let me just quote our respected Wole Soyinka: “you can take the hippopotamus out of the swamp but you cannot take the swamp out of the hippopotamus.”
https://www.thecable.ng/you-cant-take-swamp-out-of-hippopotamus-timipre-sylva-replies-jonathans-comments-on-bayelsa-guber-poll/amp

12 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by Rikze: 5:52am On Nov 19, 2023
shocked

That's their wahala... Just keep the state safe for those of us who do not have security details that follow us around.

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by Manigie: 5:55am On Nov 19, 2023
Whatever it is oga, you can never be half the man Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is...... Go sleep

315 Likes 22 Shares

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by Bobloco: 5:55am On Nov 19, 2023
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by Rikze: 5:57am On Nov 19, 2023
shocked

However, Bayelsa State is relatively safer than many others. The only area of serious concern is the waterways. More needs to be done.

25 Likes

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:59am On Nov 19, 2023
Lack of respect for Goodluck haaa.... He must really be your nightmare and the fact that you lost the gubanitorial election of which you weren't the rightful owner of the ticket in the first place

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by Racoon(m): 6:01am On Nov 19, 2023
A well known criminal like Sylva still making reference to Soyinka's degrading comment of old on a former president. This is to tell you how despicable anyone in the coven of witches and wizards can be.

154 Likes 15 Shares

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by insidelife22(m): 6:01am On Nov 19, 2023
The swamp i know but who is now the hippopotamus?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by IVORY2009(m): 6:10am On Nov 19, 2023
How come Timi is looking like Omo-Agege, facially.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by VinnyBaba: 6:13am On Nov 19, 2023
Inasmuch as Jonathan is a Weak Man, this APC THUG and COCAINE Politician has no Merit to speak of him in this Manner. sad sad

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by naptu2: 6:15am On Nov 19, 2023

3 Likes

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by adesegun121(m): 6:21am On Nov 19, 2023
Wahala
Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by Chekwume16(m): 6:23am On Nov 19, 2023
Jonathan is belittling himself. As a former president he should be a father to all and stay clear of partisan politics. Bayelsa has remained undeveloped today largely due to the inadequacies of his political career.

70 Likes 12 Shares

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by muykem: 6:37am On Nov 19, 2023
This statement pain Timi Sylva no be small but he caused it to himself. David Lyon is a rightful owner of APC ticket in Bayelsa state but greedy moved Sylva

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by ican2020: 6:42am On Nov 19, 2023
Childish talk from someone who takes what does not belong to him

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by BOSSkesh(m): 6:44am On Nov 19, 2023
Jonathan got lucky
Nothing more nothing less
Next 4 years we’ll come back stronger

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by Woodshot: 6:47am On Nov 19, 2023
Mama peace pls come and hit Sylvia with a volcano hot lines... Live to remember her famous words below:

Chai! Chai! There is God o… there ’ s God
in everything we are doing, continue !

Na only you waka come?

Vote UMBLERRA and press your finger for
UMBLERRA.

My husband , Dr Goodluck Jonathan and
Sambo is a quiet people

. At least we all have HIV AIDS except that
some of us are negative and some of us are
positive ( On World AIDS day speech)

History ’ll not be completely without
OJUKWU.

The people sitting before you here were
once a Children

I donate my family on behalf of 20million

My husband and Sambo is a good people.

The President was once a child and the
Senators were once a children .

My fellow widows.

A good mother takes care of his children .

The people sitting before you were once
a children .

Yes we are all happy for the effort, , it is
not easy to carry second in an
International competition like this one ,
(addressing press men after Female
Under -19 FIFA World Cup ).

The bombers who born them? Wasn ’ t it not
a woman ? They were once a children now a
adult now they are bombing women and
children making some children a widow .

My heart feels sorry for these children who
have become widows for loosing their parents
for one reason or another .

We should have love for our fellow
Nigerians irrespective of their NATIONALITY .

Thank God the Doctors and Nurses
are responding to treatment .

I would rather kill myself instead of
committing suicide .

Ojukwu is a great man , he died but
his manhood lives on.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by ecolime(m): 6:47am On Nov 19, 2023
This is so wrong. Sylva is not fit to tie the shoe laces of Jonathan. They are not on the same level.

Na GEJ I blame, if you follow small children play too much dem go surely drag your beards.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by Kurumaru: 6:48am On Nov 19, 2023
THEIR BUSINESS.... I DONT CARE.. THEY ARE ALL PART OF NIGERIA'S PROBLEMS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by Goodvibes007: 6:49am On Nov 19, 2023
Brother's fight. Not my business.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by BXNX: 6:49am On Nov 19, 2023
Hmmm

1 Share

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by Bigchristo: 6:50am On Nov 19, 2023

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by maxiuc(m): 6:51am On Nov 19, 2023
E pain Silva

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by Angelfrost(m): 6:53am On Nov 19, 2023
Manigie:
Whatever it is oga, you can never be half the man Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is...... Go sleep

Truly... He can never be. Not even in 5 lifetimes

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by CHIOMAEZEH: 6:53am On Nov 19, 2023
Don't really understand his point

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by Shezzman: 6:54am On Nov 19, 2023
Making sense...
Chekwume16:
Jonathan is belittling himself. As a former president he should be a father to all and stay clear of partisan politics. Bayelsa has remained undeveloped today largely due to the inadequacies of his political career.

3 Likes

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by NewDea4: 6:55am On Nov 19, 2023

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by KingLennon(m): 6:55am On Nov 19, 2023
Timipre wanted to become governor again? Our politicians don't have conscience at all

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by NewDea4: 6:56am On Nov 19, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Lack of respect for Goodluck haaa.... He must really be your nightmare and the fact that you lost the gubanitorial election of which you weren't the rightful owner of the ticket in the first place

Timipre is a perennial loser

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by bewla(m): 6:59am On Nov 19, 2023
D
Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by Bhella5(m): 7:03am On Nov 19, 2023
grin
Woodshot:
Mama peace pls come and hit Sylvia with a volcano hot lines... Live to remember her famous words below:

Chai! Chai! There is God o… there ’ s God
in everything we are doing, continue !

Na only you waka come?

Vote UMBLERRA and press your finger for
UMBLERRA.

My husband , Dr Goodluck Jonathan and
Sambo is a quiet people

. At least we all have HIV AIDS except that
some of us are negative and some of us are
positive ( On World AIDS day speech)

History ’ll not be completely without
OJUKWU.

The people sitting before you here were
once a Children

I donate my family on behalf of 20million

My husband and Sambo is a good people.

The President was once a child and the
Senators were once a children .

My fellow widows.

A good mother takes care of his children .

The people sitting before you were once
a children .

Yes we are all happy for the effort, , it is
not easy to carry second in an
International competition like this one ,
(addressing press men after Female
Under -19 FIFA World Cup ).

The bombers who born them? Wasn ’ t it not
a woman ? They were once a children now a
adult now they are bombing women and
children making some children a widow .

My heart feels sorry for these children who
have become widows for loosing their parents
for one reason or another .

We should have love for our fellow
Nigerians irrespective of their NATIONALITY .

Thank God the Doctors and Nurses
are responding to treatment .

I would rather kill myself instead of
committing suicide .

Ojukwu is a great man , he died but
his manhood lives on.
grin

4 Likes

Re: ‘You Can’t Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus’ — Timipre Sylva Hits Jonathan by thesicilian: 7:03am On Nov 19, 2023
Truth be told Goodluck Jonathan as an elder statesman should have kept that statement about the safety of the state to himself. His candidate has already won and making such statements openly only invites unnecessary animosity from the opposite camp.

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Attacks Vanguard Newspaper Over Poor Headline "Bad Journalism" / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” / Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.