Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) (26476 Views)

Pictorial Illustration Of How Nigerians Eat Rice / See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs / Reasons Why You Should Eat Dinner Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by israelmao(m): 9:06am On Nov 23, 2023
obitrac:
grin
This your mould of akpu is scary.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by FamTomx2(m): 9:06am On Nov 23, 2023
Pooldrowning:
I remember when I was kid. One day I visited my grandmother in village. She was very kind and wise lady. She asked me to sit beside her and told me a golden statement. She said, Son one day some people will waste their time reading your comment.

So today is that day 😊

Ps- I prefer to eat like the second photo wink

See as God take catch dis one, ur moniker indicated "f" while your grandma said" Son. . . meaning you are a male hiding behind as a female on NL.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by toxtimmy: 9:07am On Nov 23, 2023
Look at her face with the fake wig on her head and fake nails.... I'm sure she never shower the day she dey do this non sense....smelly pig.

The house when she dey no even her own and people when get the house dey eat with their hands.

Very soon she go name her daughter "Bitch" and her son "Nigger' all because she don live or go visit oyinbo land.

Even oyinbo dey eat Nigerian food with their hand but locos like this one dey protest too hard.

nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm5FIC-_NvU
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by toxtimmy: 9:08am On Nov 23, 2023
Did anybody stop you?...

clearcrystal:
I've been eating my swallow with fork since 2012 and I love it that way.

You don't need to start looking for soap and water to wash your hand after eating
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Lomprico2: 9:09am On Nov 23, 2023
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by francis71: 9:12am On Nov 23, 2023
You lie...BIG LIE. Who do you think we are...we are Nigerians and we have our ways of doing things that is working for us. Pls keep that oyibo style far from us in the way we eat out food.

Come to think of it:- does eating with your hands make you inferior in any way to the man who eats with spoon and fork
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Theama(m): 9:13am On Nov 23, 2023
chariisGRACE:
Let me share what my economics teacher told us.

He attended an international conference at Calabar , some years ago. There were Caucasians, Asians etc.

After everything, it was time for Item 7. A buffet was set up. He said, he walked up to the stand, served himself some eba and soup.

He got back to his seat, watched as other Africans were using cutleries to eat swallow, he shook his head in disgust.

He opened the bottled water that was given to him, poured some water on his hands and started digging into the meal. He said, everybody were just looking at him in 'disgust' - "what kind of a local lawyer is this one".

At the close of conference, a journalist walked up to him, and asked him why he ate his meal with his bare hands and not with the cutleries.

His words:

"I am an African man. The meal I served myself is an African dish, and I ate the meal the African way".

So, it is only inferiority complex that would make an African person to eat his local delicacy in a foreign way.

The Indians eat with their bare hands. Because we like copying rubbish, we always want to eat out local delicacy like a certain Mr. Bruce Cornwall who lives somewhere in Surrey, England.

*spits*

Almost Sounds like what mine told me.

Buh hin name na Mr Williams?
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Pootle: 9:17am On Nov 23, 2023
id4sho:

Busted, why female Moniker. Hairy balled fellow

grin we knw them
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Sleekfingers: 9:17am On Nov 23, 2023
😆😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

She is simply talking to our okoro blothers..

Wey their eba and fufu dey strong like olumo rock, and they need their two hands to knead it, before swallowing.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Olaolar(m): 9:19am On Nov 23, 2023
That's how NAVAL OFFICER'S eat in mess right from time
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Calitoscassius(m): 9:20am On Nov 23, 2023
Angelfrost:
Very soon, YouTube go ban Nigerians...!

Anybody go just wake up start channel dey cap nonsense... The worst thing is their fake and irritating accents. embarassed

Next thing is to teach us the proper way to breathe in and to shit.

Once you have a good camera and internet, you suddenly become a renown Expert in everything. undecided
The rubbish has become an epidemic, every lazy and ignorant Naigeriana hss become an expert in everything like you said. if they are not lecturing people on how to move abroad they are lecturing us on how people should live in Europe or lecturing us on how to cook or eat. This one is trying hard to be controversial. I wonder how Naigerians survived before the internet. Even white people she is trying to copy eat with their fingers always

Everyone wants to be social media mogul.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by ImoleNaija: 9:21am On Nov 23, 2023
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 9:22am On Nov 23, 2023
Calitoscassius:
The rubbish has become an epidemic, every lazy and ignorant Naigeriana hss become an expert in everything like you said. if they are not lecturing people on how to move abroad they are lecturing us on how people should live in Europe or lecturing us on how to cook or eat. This one is trying hard to be controversial. I wonder how Naigerians survived before the internet. Even white people she is trying to copy eat with their fingers always

Everyone wants to be social media mogul.

The thing is irritating as fvck...! undecided
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by RepoMan007: 9:22am On Nov 23, 2023
Pooldrowning:

So today is that day 😊

the cutlery method makes sense because swallos are more manipulatable than yam or rice. Africans just like rationalizing retrogressive ways of doing things as traditional and better.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by socialmediaman: 9:24am On Nov 23, 2023
AfDapone:

You've already insulted your culture the moment you started eating on western plates rather than traditional calabash.

I work on the PC a lot. I've no time washing of hand drama cos I eat beside my pc.

People claim to cherish culture, yet they are woke to celebrate events in modern event halls. Event halls are usually tiled or at least concreted. Anytime I'm at an event, I'm keen to observe the guests that are served swallow. You see them washing hands on the floor, not because they can't request or be served a wash hand basin, but because traditionally at parties, you know what it means to wash your hands in a basin, and some people come and collect the water, not knowing what they'll do with it.

What a confused culture woke.

Traditional calabash or western ceramic plates don’t change the composition of the food. You can even serve the food on plant leaves if you want.

You mentioned that you eat beside your pc and don’t use your hand (preference and choice), do you go about telling people that eating without hands is the right way to do it?

It’s like telling people that western clothing is the right clothing to wear in a traditional marriage ceremony

4 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Coolcat95: 9:27am On Nov 23, 2023
WHO BE DIS EDIOT WEY WAN CHANGE OUR STYLE OF EATING SWALLOW

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Savanahustle: 9:27am On Nov 23, 2023
Who is she?
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Calitoscassius(m): 9:29am On Nov 23, 2023
Angelfrost:

The thing is irritating as fvck...! undecided
And annoying, everytime i go on social media all i see are nonsense, silly advices and lecturing videos posted on social media by Naigerians.

If they used the same energy to hold their corrupt leaders to accounts Naigeria would be one of the best country to live in.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by themanderon: 9:33am On Nov 23, 2023
Rubbish. I hate eating swallow with a fork or spoon. Somehow it's not just satisfying. Nothing beats the good old way we learnt from our ancestors. Eating with your glorious hands. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by SALIMAN(m): 9:35am On Nov 23, 2023
I don’t think these are correct , use ur right hand as expected not to corrupt more to society , so get your stupid ass shit offline
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by nolimitssoldier: 9:40am On Nov 23, 2023
Who made the standard of eating swallow with cutleries?
She's just looking for an excuse to defend ladies with long artificial nails likes hers, who find it hard to eat swallow with long nails.
Rubbish😡!!!!
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by IkemChris(m): 9:41am On Nov 23, 2023
News have finish in Nigeria.. infact baa news
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Ubanz: 9:41am On Nov 23, 2023
This is what we call miseducation.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Caleycash(m): 9:42am On Nov 23, 2023
Forming rubbish!!!, that's why most things on yall are fake!
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Mosba: 9:43am On Nov 23, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm5FIC-_NvU

Before you were born na so we been don dey eat am and so we shall continue. The joy of swallow disappeared once a fork or spoon is inserted in it at the table
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by ElliotP: 9:46am On Nov 23, 2023
She's actually wrong, the right way to eat swallow is with your hand, when you use cutleries you're just imposing the white man's eating etiquette on an African dish, people who created the dish ate it with their hand.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Burgerlomo: 9:46am On Nov 23, 2023
Nothing wey Musa no go see for gate

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by isaaclech: 9:48am On Nov 23, 2023
I wonder if your grandparents that gave birth to you eat like the second picture,
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by ElliotP: 9:48am On Nov 23, 2023
She's actually wrong, the right way to eat swallow is with your hand, when you use cutleries you're just imposing the white man's eating etiquette on an African dish, people who created the dish ate it with their hand, if you prefer eating with cutleries then I gat no qualms, but don't come and tell us eating with our hand is wrong, it's just you trying to adopt the white man's culture

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Lamasta(m): 9:51am On Nov 23, 2023
Don't tell Nigerians how to eat just stand and watch them do justice to there food effortlessly
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by MrBroke(m): 9:54am On Nov 23, 2023
Eba way person suppose mold for hand round first b4 person go dip am for soup swallow na im me go use fork eat. Dey play
It's like you telling me to use knife or fork fetch garri drink. It doesn't matter where I find myself you see eba or fufu na my hand I go use cause that is the correct way to eat it. I no go because of one yeye inferiority complex or white man Bullshit no eat my food well. grin

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Greenfaces: 9:55am On Nov 23, 2023
Pooldrowning:
I remember when I was kid. One day I visited my grandmother in village. She was very kind and wise lady. She asked me to sit beside her and told me a golden statement. She said, Son one day some people will waste their time reading your comment.

So today is that day 😊

are you transgender or your a scammer. Because what male would take the identity of a female

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? / The Delicious Egg Sauce I Cooked / Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.