Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,747 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) (26404 Views)

Pictorial Illustration Of How Nigerians Eat Rice / See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs / Reasons Why You Should Eat Dinner Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by nlfpmod: 8:36am On Nov 23, 2023

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Pooldrowning(f): 8:37am On Nov 23, 2023
I remember when I was kid. One day I visited my grandmother in village. She was very kind and wise lady. She asked me to sit beside her and told me a golden statement. She said, daughter one day some people will waste their time reading your comment.

So today is that day 😊

Copied

Back to the topic. Pls me, I still prefer to eat like the second photo wink

It is very comfortable culturally

93 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Jewessgratitud3: 8:40am On Nov 23, 2023
This lady can form unrealistic etiquettes enh? though I love watching her and reading funny comments from her subscribers.

There was a day she showed how to eat one particular snacks ( I can't remember) and one of her fans asked a very valid question. He said... how did you know the "wrong" way this snack is eaten? Meaning you too have done it before. I laughed ehn.... come and see people liking the man's comment.

I don't get it. Except I'm out in the public, like a party gathering, ( not an eatery) I cant observe all those extreme table manners she comes up with every now and then. It's just too uptight.
I like to be free, nothing getting in the way when snacking, eating or going about my normal daily routine.

That was how she showed one about classy ways of walking into a corporate organization. I just laughed. I say this one never jam. Another one that got me was where she showed how to organize your stuff when you return from work. Mehn.. person don taya you come say make i dey look for shoe rack to arrange shoes immediately, look for wig/bag rack and all that, ( anyways I don't use wigs so this one no concern me) to arrange things. Omor na to just fling everything as I dey enter house. Run enter bathroom and freshen up first. Warm food eat and jump on top bed cool off first before I go remember where I keep those things o. Though my shoes must go to their place because I hate shoes getting in my way but not on extreme levels like she portrays.

I just like her sha. Fine and classy lady.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by oluwaseyi0: 8:44am On Nov 23, 2023
Just use your clean hand

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by SoNature(m): 8:44am On Nov 23, 2023
The inferiority complex of the black man is shocking.

Let me establish some facts here:

1. Apart from black Africans, no culture swallows food without chewing it.

2. Our forefathers who taught us how to eat swallow saw spoons and still preferred to use hands.

Therefore, nobody should tell anyone to use cutleries to eat swallow because those you even try to impress don't even know that the food is unique to you.

We should be bold enough to export our culture to the West; don't come here and infiltrate our culture with that nonsense.

If you want to use cutleries to eat swallow, good! But the culturally approved standard of eating swallow (which is only unique to black people) is bare hands!

248 Likes 26 Shares

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:44am On Nov 23, 2023
Dey play, just dey play

13 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by blaquemyc: 8:44am On Nov 23, 2023
This one wan westernize our swallow eating style. Sorry madam, e no go work.

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by SeeWahala: 8:44am On Nov 23, 2023
Hunger never beat this one. Dey use fork and spoon dey swallow akpu undecided

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by yellowgarri2(m): 8:44am On Nov 23, 2023
First is the best

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by clearcrystal: 8:45am On Nov 23, 2023
I've been eating my swallow with fork since 2012 and I love it that way.

You don't need to start looking for soap and water to wash your hand after eating

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by 0taPiaPia(m): 8:45am On Nov 23, 2023
You ain't hungry.

10 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by SalamRushdie: 8:45am On Nov 23, 2023
Well I eat every swallow with cutlery except real pounded yam , that one is sweeter with hand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by realdevil: 8:45am On Nov 23, 2023
Stupid Nonsense

15 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by xxgig(m): 8:45am On Nov 23, 2023
I'll rather not eat swallow than use cutlery.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by IbrahimSkiba(f): 8:45am On Nov 23, 2023
Mtchewwww undecided

7 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by ATEAMS: 8:45am On Nov 23, 2023
Our culture out heritage.

Na weytin and so them dey eat before then born you .

11 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Iseoluwani: 8:45am On Nov 23, 2023
na because u never Hungry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Onucs(m): 8:45am On Nov 23, 2023
Hands are always better😋😋

Contact us for your project, content or technical writing (Whatsapp: 08120954557)

4 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by We4all: 8:45am On Nov 23, 2023
Whatever makes you feel comfortable. I prefer to use fork though.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Gbadugbakun(m): 8:45am On Nov 23, 2023
De play. Better hunger never hold you that's why you're using fork to eat swallow and pinching the garri like ajebutter. When serious Tinubulation hunger hit you eh, you would finish it with just 3 gulps. undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Slimplush: 8:45am On Nov 23, 2023
Bullshit.... I actually prefer to get my finger dirty for swallow.. The second photo is just denying myself that heavenly taste of the soup by licking my finger thoroughly

15 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Mandela27: 8:46am On Nov 23, 2023
Just dey play

4 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Dobbes(m): 8:46am On Nov 23, 2023
Absolute nonsense. Your opinion though so, stop intimidating us with your alien culture.

5 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by socialmediaman: 8:47am On Nov 23, 2023
Not everyone is proud of their culture

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by mascot87(m): 8:48am On Nov 23, 2023
Na you go tell him how to eat swallow. Shit dey your head

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by tommy589(m): 8:48am On Nov 23, 2023
grin grin cheesy

How about adding chop sticks to also make it posh

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Lyricalz01: 8:48am On Nov 23, 2023
Our fore fathers who invented swallow never made it to be eaten with cutlery, but your bare hands. Must we incorporate western cultures into our very own African culture? Even the Chinese still preserve their culture till date.

8 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Bfly: 8:48am On Nov 23, 2023
Leave the poor girl alone packaging her weak life.

4 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by chariisGRACE(m): 8:48am On Nov 23, 2023
Let me share what my economics teacher told us.

He attended an international conference at Calabar , some years ago. There were Caucasians, Asians etc.

After everything, it was time for Item 7. A buffet was set up. He said, he walked up to the stand, served himself some eba and soup.

He got back to his seat, watched as other Africans were using cutleries to eat swallow, he shook his head in disgust.

He opened the bottled water that was given to him, poured some water on his hands and started digging into the meal. He said, everybody were just looking at him in 'disgust' - "what kind of a local lawyer is this one".

At the close of conference, a journalist walked up to him, and asked him why he ate his meal with his bare hands and not with the cutleries.

His words:

"I am an African man. The meal I served myself is an African dish, and I ate the meal the African way".

So, it is only inferiority complex that would make an African person to eat his local delicacy in a foreign way.

The Indians eat with their bare hands. Because we like copying rubbish, we always want to eat out local delicacy like a certain Mr. Bruce Cornwall who lives somewhere in Surrey, England.

*spits*

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by BigDawsNet: 8:49am On Nov 23, 2023
Like for Yellow garri
Share White garri

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by id4sho(m): 8:49am On Nov 23, 2023
Pooldrowning:
I remember when I was kid. One day I visited my grandmother in village. She was very kind and wise lady. She asked me to sit beside her and told me a golden statement. She said, Son one day some people will waste their time reading your comment.

So today is that day 😊

Ps- I prefer to eat like the second photo wink
Busted, why female Moniker. Hairy balled fellow

5 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 8:49am On Nov 23, 2023
Very soon, YouTube go ban Nigerians...!

Anybody go just wake up start channel dey cap nonsense... The worst thing is their fake and irritating accents. embarassed

Next thing is to teach us the proper way to breathe in and to shit.

Once you have a good camera and internet, you suddenly become a renown Expert in everything. undecided

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Feeds The Hungry Ones On The Street Of Nnewi,anambra State(photos) / Where To But Cinnamon Sticks Or Grounded One. / The Delicious Egg Sauce I Cooked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.