Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) (26410 Views)

Pictorial Illustration Of How Nigerians Eat Rice / See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs / Reasons Why You Should Eat Dinner Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by esemes256: 8:49am On Nov 23, 2023
I have tried to eat swallow with fork and knife before but I didn't enjoy the meal. It felt like work!
I prefer using bare hands. All I need to do is make sure I wash my hands thoroughly before and after eating the food.

By the way, is it right to eat swallow and ogbono soup with long finger nails?
You will need to wash your hands and nails with something like pressure washer after eating.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by MrSmithy: 8:50am On Nov 23, 2023
Alot of Nigerians need get schooled on how to eat decently and matured in public places...some eat so annoyingly and irritating to the point that you just need leave that environment for them. Please nobody dey chase ona abeg make we learn how to eat cox its very important
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by shadrach77: 8:50am On Nov 23, 2023
Inferiority complex. So because oyinbo eats with cutlery we should also eat our food with it. Òdè! cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by jkingx(m): 8:50am On Nov 23, 2023
Nonsense and ingredients.
Some idiots go deh form say dem deh use fork.
Some of these yeye girls na because of the Jezebel nails weh them fix deh make impossible to use hand na im dem deh form civilized.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by ipobarecriminals: 8:53am On Nov 23, 2023
grin for urgency, wash ✋️,squeeze/fold em and slide down cool.That folk/spoon can't scoop tongue that soup.

Fast Finger cool

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by zpakln(f): 8:54am On Nov 23, 2023
SoNature:
The inferiority complex of the black man is shocking.

Let me establish some facts here:

1. Apart from black Africans, no culture swallows food without chewing it.

2. Our forefathers who taught us how to eat swallow saw spoons and still preferred to use hands.

Therefore, nobody should tell anyone to use cutleries to eat swallow because those you even try to impress don't even know that the food is unique to you.

We should be bold enough to export our culture to the West, don't come here and infiltrate our culture with that nonsense.

If you want to use cutleries to eat swallow, good! But the culturally approved standard of eating swallow (which is only unique to black people) is bare hands!
Some Indians and Asian people eat swallows without chewing it too

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by AfDapone: 8:54am On Nov 23, 2023
socialmediaman:
Not everyone is proud of their culture

You've already insulted your culture the moment you started eating on western plates rather than traditional calabash.

I work on the PC a lot. I've no time washing of hand drama cos I eat beside my pc.

People claim to cherish culture, yet they are woke to celebrate events in modern event halls. Event halls are usually tiled or at least concreted. Anytime I'm at an event, I'm keen to observe the guests that are served swallow. You see them washing hands on the floor, not because they can't request or be served a wash hand basin, but because traditionally at parties, you know what it means to wash your hands in a basin, and some people come and collect the water, not knowing what they'll do with it.

What a confused culture woke.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 8:55am On Nov 23, 2023
Dobbes:
Absolute nonsense. Your opinion though so, stop intimidating us with your alien culture.

Intimidating?!! Who is she intimidating?!! Lol.

She just dey cap rubbish just for cheap attention.

YouTube has officially become the workshop of most idle youths and housewives. tongue

3 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Cjayboy: 8:55am On Nov 23, 2023
IF I KONK YOUR HEAD EEHHH
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by IPDGP: 8:55am On Nov 23, 2023
clearcrystal:
I've been eating my swallow with fork since 2012 and I love it that way.

You don't need to start looking for soap and water to wash your hand after eating

Exactly bro, i also use spoon and many think say i dey form, but instead i find it more convenient
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Moniya4Real(m): 8:56am On Nov 23, 2023
The second option in the pic below is even a ‘no starter’ for me.

SoNature:

2. Our forefathers who taught us how to eat swallow saw spoons and still preferred to use hands.

Therefore, nobody should tell anyone to use cutleries to eat swallow because those you even try to impress don't even know that the food is unique to you.

We should be bold enough to export our culture to the West; don't come here and infiltrate our culture with that nonsense.

If you want to use cutleries to eat swallow, good! But the culturally approved standard of eating swallow (which is only unique to black people) is bare hands!
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by blackmantis: 8:56am On Nov 23, 2023
Inferiority complex

I don't need anyone's approval to tell me how to eat my food.

4 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by NJV: 8:57am On Nov 23, 2023
And what makes this one think she can tell anyone how to eat swallow? Who made her an authority on swallow matters

If it were whites that use their hands now she'll take it like that! Black women and inferiority complex!

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by taiwotimitt: 8:57am On Nov 23, 2023
Pooldrowning:
I remember when I was kid. One day I visited my grandmother in village. She was very kind and wise lady. She asked me to sit beside her and told me a golden statement. She said, Son one day some people will waste their time reading your comment.

So today is that day 😊

Ps- I prefer to eat like the second photo wink

why are you not like your grandmother? grin
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 8:57am On Nov 23, 2023
SoNature:

We should be bold enough to export our culture to the West; don't come here and infiltrate our culture with that nonsense.

As if they eat hamburgers with forks...
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Tinymayour: 8:57am On Nov 23, 2023
I will accept this fact only if you can clean your yansh with a fork ?.. If not , keep using your forkx I enjoy my palm.the most. Especially when the stew sabi run go elbow , I go trace and lick am back to my fingers ... Shey oni o stupeed ni
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm5FIC-_NvU
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by MrDoGood(m): 8:57am On Nov 23, 2023
Pooldrowning:
I remember when I was kid. One day I visited my grandmother in village. She was very kind and wise lady. She asked me to sit beside her and told me a golden statement. She said, Son one day some people will waste their time reading your comment.

So today is that day 😊

Nice...

But next time, try and edit what you copied. Ain't you a female?

Or you choose to identify as a male in your comment cool

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by abobote: 8:58am On Nov 23, 2023
The last one is okay, swallow is not sweet when eaten with cutleries

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 8:59am On Nov 23, 2023
esemes256:
I have tried to eat swallow with fork and knife before but I didn't enjoy the meal. It felt like work!
I prefer using bare hands. All I need to do is make sure I wash my hands thoroughly before and after eating the food.

By the way, is it right to eat swallow and ogbono soup with long finger nails?
You will need to wash your hands and nails with something like pressure washer after eating.

Wetin Dem even dey fix those nails for, in the first place?!!

That's how one kept wasting our time at the ATM queue struggling to input her pin due to her fake nails.

Clothes they can't wash, food dem no fit cook or chop, write Dem no fit write...!

I honestly doubt they can thoroughly wipe their own asses after urinating or pooing.

SMH!!!

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by slowice(m): 8:59am On Nov 23, 2023
I bet one woke americanized Chinese probably told them at some point that chop sticks is an archaic method of eating noodles and rice.

If course they disagree with the idiat and made sure Americans ate noodles with same chop sticks.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by osuolale95(m): 8:59am On Nov 23, 2023
Pooldrowning:

So today is that day 😊

Lol 😂
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by flokii: 9:00am On Nov 23, 2023
When dem born this mum.u wey she wan tell us how to eat swallow?.. awon omo ode to kun ta sef.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by SoNature(m): 9:00am On Nov 23, 2023
zpakln:
Some Indians and Asian people eat swallows without chewing it too

If this is true, then it's a result of acculturation (they learnt it from us) because swallow is only unique to African blacks.

In the university, I did several social science courses, and they were taught by an Indian lecturer. You see what I wrote up there, she taught us that herself.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by CHAQUR: 9:00am On Nov 23, 2023
Hope she knows that we prefer & enjoy dipping our bread inside the tea than the bitting and drinking style of the whites. Not all the western ways sooth Africa... OBJ just condemned democracy. Be original..!
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by CHIOMAEZEH: 9:01am On Nov 23, 2023
Chinese people people date, use chopsticks to eat rice ....not even spoon or fork....this mgbeke wan form Woke woman dey disgrace herself

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by victory36(m): 9:02am On Nov 23, 2023
Such inferiority complex! Even the Chinese still use chopsticks despite how useless it is

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by pappy2000: 9:02am On Nov 23, 2023
must everything be westernized
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by superintendents(m): 9:03am On Nov 23, 2023
undecided

Eat with fork together with left hand join..

na that Left hand baffled me pass

grin

Dey play
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Awise09(m): 9:03am On Nov 23, 2023
This Lady is not serious
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 9:04am On Nov 23, 2023
SoNature:

If Asians had the low self-esteem of most Nigerians, Chopsticks would have long been phased out and replaced with forks.

Rather, they have successfully maintained it, and even exported its use globally.

Almost all of our beautiful cultures have been buried in the name of Wokeness... We have imported every rubbish into this nation.

Some Nigerian parents don't even give their kids African names anymore... It's a shame.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by obitrac: 9:04am On Nov 23, 2023
grin

4 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by israelmao(m): 9:05am On Nov 23, 2023
So it is you that will teach me how to eat swallow after how many years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Feeds The Hungry Ones On The Street Of Nnewi,anambra State(photos) / Where To But Cinnamon Sticks Or Grounded One. / Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.