Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,413 members, 7,830,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) (26477 Views)

Pictorial Illustration Of How Nigerians Eat Rice / See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs / Reasons Why You Should Eat Dinner Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by reiddecuti: 11:44am On Nov 23, 2023
Even ontop the wound for my hand i still manage am take swallow eba this afternoon for office.

Then for boarding school, I dey collect beating from seniors unto say I dey use hand chop eba.

Please, no come stress my life with silverware because say I wan take swallow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by spiralwedge(m): 11:47am On Nov 23, 2023
eating swallow and hiding a lump in your palm is the height of primitiveness. The same way they hide some truth and spew rubbish when it comes to politics. smh
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by esemes256: 12:22pm On Nov 23, 2023
Angelfrost:

Wetin Dem even dey fix those nails for, in the first place?!!

That's how one kept wasting our time at the ATM queue struggling to input her pin due to her fake nails.

Clothes they can't wash, food dem no fit cook or chop, write Dem no fit write...!

I honestly doubt they can thoroughly wipe their own asses after urinating or pooing.

SMH!!!

Lol. grin grin grin
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by SSpeter(m): 12:26pm On Nov 23, 2023
SoNature:
The inferiority complex of the black man is shocking.

Let me establish some facts here:

1. Apart from black Africans, no culture swallows food without chewing it.

2. Our forefathers who taught us how to eat swallow saw spoons and still preferred to use hands.

Therefore, nobody should tell anyone to use cutleries to eat swallow because those you even try to impress don't even know that the food is unique to you.

We should be bold enough to export our culture to the West; don't come here and infiltrate our culture with that nonsense.

If you want to use cutleries to eat swallow, good! But the culturally approved standard of eating swallow (which is only unique to black people) is bare hands!
while I appreciate your response, eating with your bare hand is a crude way of living.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by lordimmaogidi(m): 12:41pm On Nov 23, 2023
Crazy idiot 🙄🙄🙄, anyways, she's entitled to her opinion.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 12:48pm On Nov 23, 2023
blaquemyc:
This one wan westernize our swallow eating style. Sorry madam, e no go work.

Lols. That was a valid warning right there
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by boomcity009(m): 1:03pm On Nov 23, 2023
Funny cos IT'S CREATIVE
Ain't lyin
Pooldrowning:
I remember when I was kid. One day I visited my grandmother in village. She was very kind and wise lady. She asked me to sit beside her and told me a golden statement. She said, daughter one day some people will waste their time reading your comment.

So today is that day 😊

Copied

Back to the topic. Pls me, I still prefer to eat like the second photo wink

It is very comfortable culturally
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by LordReed(m): 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2023
Can't stand eating swallow with cutlery.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Blaqputin(m): 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
This lady can form unrealistic etiquettes enh? though I love watching her and reading funny comments from her subscribers.

There was a day she showed how to eat one particular snacks ( I can't remember) and one of her fans asked a very valid question. He said... how did you know the "wrong" way this snack is eaten? Meaning you too have done it before. I laughed ehn.... come and see people liking the man's comment.

I don't get it. Except I'm out in the public, like a party gathering, ( not an eatery) I cant observe all those extreme table manners she comes up with every now and then. It's just too uptight.
I like to be free, nothing getting in the way when snacking, eating or going about my normal daily routine.

That was how she showed one about classy ways of walking into a corporate organization. I just laughed. I say this one never jam. Another one that got me was where she showed how to organize your stuff when you return from work. Mehn.. person don taya you come say make i dey look for shoe rack to arrange shoes immediately, look for wig/bag rack and all that, ( anyways I don't use wigs so this one no concern me) to arrange things. Omor na to just fling everything as I dey enter house. Run enter bathroom and freshen up first. Warm food eat and jump on top bed cool off first before I go remember where I keep those things o. Though my shoes must go to their place because I hate shoes getting in my way but not on extreme levels like she portrays.

I just like her sha. Fine and classy lady.

U talk too much sha
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Dahmayor(m): 2:16pm On Nov 23, 2023
When no one is watch she devour that meal with both bare hands

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Greenfaces: 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

What do you expect from a teacher?
I do talking for a living and it puts food on my table. Oh . You want me to be discreet in conformity with your standard before I can appear perfect? Look I'm not ashamed of my personality/profession and will talk as I wish as long as im not encroaching on any ones space.

How some people think they can or have the right to tell people how to live their lives and use the cyber space baffles me. when no be you dey buy me data, na wa o.

You can notice a talkative but fail to notice your pokenosing attitude or don't you know that not minding your business is a very bad character and a punishable offence?

Abeg do you let me do me.

Na wa oooh
Bros e don do abeg.... sorry
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Dahmayor(m): 2:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
SSpeter:
while I appreciate your response, eating with your bare hand is a crude way of living.

I believe if this was a western culture you wouldn’t see it that way.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by omoadeleye(m): 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2023
She dey craze
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Jewessgratitud3: 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2023
Blaqputin:

U talk too much sha

Mr. Dumb, kpele o. The last time I checked, there's no limit to how many words one can say or type in this forum. I don't know why youre now weighing and calculating my talk/words here.

Be like you wan hear more.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by owunabastard: 2:51pm On Nov 23, 2023
You must be an Igbo man to reason this way. Only tribe that doesnt fake their life, maybe except the women
SoNature:

2. Our forefathers who taught us how to eat swallow saw spoons and still preferred to use hands.

Therefore, nobody should tell anyone to use cutleries to eat swallow because those you even try to impress don't even know that the food is unique to you.

We should be bold enough to export our culture to the West; don't come here and infiltrate our culture with that nonsense.

If you want to use cutleries to eat swallow, good! But the culturally approved standard of eating swallow (which is only unique to black people) is bare hands!
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by sallazlee(m): 3:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
You dey crazy
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by xjiggy: 4:12pm On Nov 23, 2023
SoNature:

True. I've never seen anybody tell the Asians to eat noodles with fork. It's chopsticks or the highway.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Mcslize: 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2023
We4all:
Whatever makes you feel comfortable. I prefer to use fork though.

Using fork to eat swallow come off as appearing fake. That's disgusting. Cut your swallow with your hands, nobody will kill you. You will feel more satisfied than using fork.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Mcslize: 4:59pm On Nov 23, 2023
Lyricalz01:
Our fore fathers who invented swallow never made it to be eaten with cutlery, but your bare hands. Must we incorporate western cultures into our very own African culture? Even the Chinese still preserve their culture till date.

Don't mind them. After forming all these paparazzi, chimkpai no dey their accounts o.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by haphizz57(m): 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2023
Someone who ll forget to wash her hand b4 eating while at home
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by subcbouy: 5:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
No wonder verydarkman fits all their stupidity.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by We4all: 5:35pm On Nov 23, 2023
Mcslize:

Using fork to eat swallow come off as appearing fake. That's disgusting. Cut your swallow with your hands, nobody will kill you. You will feel ore satisfied than using fork.

Read my post again, this time slowly and try to understand it. I said eating swallow with fork makes me comfortable and you think that's fake?

I eat in the comfort of my room and don't eat to impress anyone. If you cannot do what makes you comfortable, then the fake one is you.

There are people who don't eat swallow at all because they don't like it. Would you call them fake because swallow is eaten by majority?

If you choose to use your hands, then continue and allow me use my fork in peace.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by chrisj2(m): 7:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
Once cutleries were invented, there is no need to eat swallow with your hand/fingers: no need to reinvent the wheel... Some culture eat rice and almost everything with the fingers but we dont in Nigeria. How many people eat beans with their fingers?

Access to clean water when eating away from home can be hard. Eating at events where people are all dipping into same water - yuk?

So don't give me culture or borrowed culture from abroad; we develop and move on and the world is a melting pot
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by countryman13: 7:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm5FIC-_NvU
Me n my household, na hand we dey use oooo!
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Sharmeenator(m): 8:42pm On Nov 23, 2023
Humans are constantly evolving. Cultures and traditions also evolve. Because our forefathers use their hands to eat doesn't mean we too must. With the advent of modern technologies and widespread knowledge about health and wellbeing, you and I know that eating with our bare hands is less sanitary than eating with cutleries.

The western cultures adopted the use of cutleries at some points because they found it better and cleaner. I personally don't find it easy and enjoyable eating with fork, but as a society, the onus is on us to develop set of cutleries best for our swallows that promote cleanliness and that we can find more enjoyable.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by wizelink(m): 10:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
Hunger Neva catch you. If hunger wale you, you go even eat with your leg if possible. Enough of all these forming for public. Be who you are, an African woman
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by 1Sharon(f): 12:59am On Nov 24, 2023
finallybusy:
One thing I’ve learned from using the internet is ignorance will always fight back. See the comments posted for example. This woman is doing a good job trying to bring class to average Nigerians. Thank God some sensible fellows exist who will follow suit.

I’ve noticed for a while now that moderators run the affairs of this forum. No wonder the quality dipped. These children don’t know how to handle power without bias.

Yes her and aproko Dr are doing a good job of enlightening Nigerians. But on this occasion, I don't agree with her.

Swallow is traditionally eaten with the hands.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by ashawopikin(m): 4:53am On Nov 24, 2023
Just because you fine, e no mean say you go dey post rubbish
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Microwhy: 5:34am On Nov 24, 2023
Pooldrowning:
I remember when I was kid. One day I visited my grandmother in village. She was very kind and wise lady.
Sheepies of Pastor Noah...
Your grandmother is a nice LADY
I dont know who do this generation.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Pooldrowning(f): 6:55am On Nov 24, 2023
Microwhy:

Sheepies of Pastor Noah...
Your grandmother is a nice LADY
I dont know who do this generation.

Yes she was a nice lady.

Are you primitive that you do not know it's correct to address my grandma as a "lady"

Indomie generation
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by clearcrystal: 11:33am On Nov 24, 2023
newnigerdelta00:

Where you Born 2012? If you not that means you nor wise o

My comment dont give you the right to insult me.
Be warned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? / The Delicious Egg Sauce I Cooked / Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.