Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) (26478 Views)

Pictorial Illustration Of How Nigerians Eat Rice / See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs / Reasons Why You Should Eat Dinner Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Greenfaces: 9:57am On Nov 23, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
This lady can form unrealistic etiquettes enh? though I love watching her and reading funny comments from her subscribers.

There was a day she showed how to eat one particular snacks ( I can't remember) and one of her fans asked a very valid question. He said... how did you know the "wrong" way this snack is eaten? Meaning you too have done it before. I laughed ehn.... come and see people liking the man's comment.

I don't get it. Except I'm out in the public, like a party gathering, ( not an eatery) I cant observe all those extreme table manners she comes up with every now and then. It's just too uptight.
I like to be free, nothing getting in the way when snacking, eating or going about my normal daily routine.

That was how she showed one about classy way of walking into a corporate organization. I just laughed. I say this one never jam. Another one that got me was where she showed how to organize your stuff when you return from work. Mehn.. person don taya you come say make i dey look for shoe rack to arrange shoes immediately, look for wig/bag rack and all that, ( anyways I don't use wigs so this one no concern me) to arrange things. Omor na to just fling everything as I dey enter house. Run enter bathroom and freshen up first. Warm food eat and jump on top bed cool off first before I go remember where I keep those things o. Though my shoes must go to their place because I hate shoes getting in my way but not on extreme levels like she portrays.

I just like her sha. Fine and classy lady.
It's like you're a talkative sha. Haba! Na this small topic com lead to this your 25gb write up

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Segzy19: 10:03am On Nov 23, 2023
Nonsense!

Who is this one?
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:04am On Nov 23, 2023
SoNature:
The inferiority complex of the black man is shocking.

Let me establish some facts here:

1. Apart from black Africans, no culture swallows food without chewing it.

2. Our forefathers who taught us how to eat swallow saw spoons and still preferred to use hands.

Therefore, nobody should tell anyone to use cutleries to eat swallow because those you even try to impress don't even know that the food is unique to you.

We should be bold enough to export our culture to the West; don't come here and infiltrate our culture with that nonsense.

If you want to use cutleries to eat swallow, good! But the culturally approved standard of eating swallow (which is only unique to black people) is bare hands!

Everything isn't about culture

Sometimes it's convenience.

People who eat swallow with their hands probably do it because it's more convenient to do so.

When a thing isn't inherently wrong, I always preach convenience & preference.

For me, having swallow with bare hands is just messy and stressful. Using the cutlery works better for me

But some people prefer their fingers and that's okay.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by jubrilELsudan: 10:06am On Nov 23, 2023
ABEG WHO GET HER CONTACTS CAUSE I FOR LIKE FVCK HER

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Appletek: 10:07am On Nov 23, 2023
She's a poor man's child. That's why she sees using fork to eat swallow as an elitist behaviour. Using cutleries to eat swallow should be a function of convenience, not etiquette.

No matter how beautiful a poor man's child is, don't marry her.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by superCleanworks(m): 10:07am On Nov 23, 2023
Iseoluwani:
na because u never Hungry

Na lie. I love swallow pass anything but use fork & knife if I am at serious work and I want to eat very fast and continue working. My speed is x7.

But if I want to relax and enjoy my food very slowly and with full enjoyment, na hand.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Olahmi05: 10:11am On Nov 23, 2023
My Dear Sister why u no dey use cutleries eat shawarma and pizza grin grin . No be everything u go dey use cutleries.The fun eating with your hand is more than that especially when the swallow is Hot grin shocked cool tongue. Eating with my child Hood friends In the same plate. If u are not fast enough. You no go chop anything cheesy cheesy cheesy. So with dis few points of My. Wash your hands with soap and water before you eat.That why my hand strong cheesy cheesy grin.Gbam.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by InvertedHammer: 10:11am On Nov 23, 2023
/

/

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Justiceleague1: 10:18am On Nov 23, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Just use your clean hand
Shikenan, gaskia grin
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Mrice22: 10:19am On Nov 23, 2023
I can't enjoy it without my hands oo. Na who I de form for..
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Jewessgratitud3: 10:24am On Nov 23, 2023
Greenfaces:

It's like you're a talkative sha. Haba! Na this small topic com lead to this your 25gb write up

What do you expect from a teacher?
I do talking for a living and it puts food on my table. Oh . You want me to be discreet in conformity with your standard before I can appear perfect? Look I'm not ashamed of my personality/profession and will talk as I wish as long as im not encroaching on any ones space.

How some people think they can or have the right to tell people how to live their lives and use the cyber space baffles me. when no be you dey buy me data, na wa o.

You can notice a talkative but fail to notice your pokenosing attitude or don't you know that not minding your business is a very bad character and a punishable offence?

Abeg do you let me do me.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by epainos: 10:24am On Nov 23, 2023
A good reason for not keeping real or artificial long nails is all I see in this video. Though, I use cutleries to eat everything, but I don't mind using my hands cos my nails are short. I guess ladies who keep long nails are trying to normalize usng cutleries to eat swallows. Lol.

If some people dont use their hands to make the swallow form balls, they cannot eat it. Lol. I hate that anyway. How can you keep rolling your food in your palm. Lol. Some will take a big portion, roll it, and then cut a part from it with their mouths and re-roll it. Lol. When it get to a small portion instead of them to swallow that, they wont...but return to the bowl to add to the small portion in their hands. Lol. Very irritating. Lol.

Anyway....life is good. Do what works for you.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by CosmeticChemist(m): 10:25am On Nov 23, 2023
Gbadugbakun:
De play. Better hunger never hold you that's why you're using fork to eat swallow and pinching the garri like ajebutter. When serious Tinubulation hunger hit you eh, you would finish it with just 3 gulps. undecided

Bwahahahahaha..

My belle ooh

I no fit laugh

No be only tinibulation
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by caspapa(m): 10:26am On Nov 23, 2023
God forbid, for what? God I beg o, my hand anytime any day.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by RichAbujaGuy: 10:28am On Nov 23, 2023
Nice vid and super clean kitchen!
Babe is almost as pretty as NL's own Jenny you know who. 😉
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Origin(f): 10:41am On Nov 23, 2023
Etiquette should be eating in a neat and appropriate manner without forsaking yourself your ancestors and your culture.

Fork and knife is never better than hands. Just eat neatly..

Some people will even use fork and knife for finger foods.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by newnigerdelta00: 10:45am On Nov 23, 2023
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Bahamas95(m): 10:45am On Nov 23, 2023
One category of people you should avoid in this life are those that form for a living, avoid them like plague.

Tomorrow she will come up with another rubbish that she doesn't defecate.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Yxxx: 10:45am On Nov 23, 2023
Even when Mark zukerberg visited he used his hand
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by tunjilana: 10:45am On Nov 23, 2023
Nonsense inferiority complex

The wealthy Arab will host an English man and make him sit on a rug and eat rice from a tray with hand.

The Indian will use hand to cut chapatti before filling it with whatever or dipping in in stew.

But na u wan dey use fork chop eba, amala and pounded yam....dey play

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by newnigerdelta00: 10:48am On Nov 23, 2023
clearcrystal:
I've been eating my swallow with fork since 2012 and I love it that way.

You don't need to start looking for soap and water to wash your hand after eating

Where you Born 2012? If you not that means you nor wise o
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Karleb(m): 10:51am On Nov 23, 2023
Very stupid girl.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Bimboscoo: 10:52am On Nov 23, 2023
From this video, the correct way of eating swallow is marked as WRONG and wrong way is marked as RIGHT. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Godmademan(m): 10:57am On Nov 23, 2023
Go to court
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by DrAda(f): 11:03am On Nov 23, 2023
It doesnt taste the same with any form of cutlery

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Aringon(m): 11:04am On Nov 23, 2023
This is absolutely nonsensical, did you grow up to see Africans using fork and knife to eat our local foods or you just want to form nonsense table etiquette.

I use my hand to eat eba, come my house come beat me

nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm5FIC-_NvU
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by finallybusy: 11:18am On Nov 23, 2023
One thing I’ve learned from using the internet is ignorance will always fight back. See the comments posted for example. This woman is doing a good job trying to bring class to average Nigerians. Thank God some sensible fellows exist who will follow suit.

I’ve noticed for a while now that moderators run the affairs of this forum. No wonder the quality dipped. These children don’t know how to handle power without bias.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Die009: 11:28am On Nov 23, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm5FIC-_NvU

No be you go teach me which style I go use chop my Eba
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Tektronics12: 11:30am On Nov 23, 2023
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by FireUpNow(m): 11:30am On Nov 23, 2023
The only truth about her be say she agree say she dey swallow that's why she come out to show how it's done. Many are not normal in the land.
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by obesse: 11:31am On Nov 23, 2023
SoNature:
The inferiority complex of the black man is shocking.

Let me establish some facts here:

1. Apart from black Africans, no culture swallows food without chewing it.

2. Our forefathers who taught us how to eat swallow saw spoons and still preferred to use hands.

Therefore, nobody should tell anyone to use cutleries to eat swallow because those you even try to impress don't even know that the food is unique to you.

We should be bold enough to export our culture to the West; don't come here and infiltrate our culture with that nonsense.

If you want to use cutleries to eat swallow, good! But the culturally approved standard of eating swallow (which is only unique to black people) is bare hands!
Shikenan!
Re: How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) by Pat081: 11:34am On Nov 23, 2023
Nonsense in your own not my way

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? / The Delicious Egg Sauce I Cooked / Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.