Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,361 members, 7,829,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! (27724 Views)

Payment Gateway Integration (interswitch / Mastercard / Visa) / Get A Free Payment Gateway For You Site. / Pls I Need Ng Online Payment Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Ufeolorun(m): 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2011
Can it be integrated it into face book page like an app?so people could order from the page using your platform to pay.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 30, 2011
Hello,

I was at one of the merchant site you listed, but I could not find where to enter my VISA card number during check out. Please, do they accept Visa?
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by ndgfx(m): 10:37pm On Oct 30, 2011
Ufeolorun:

Can it be integrated it into face book page like an app?so people could order from the page using your platform to pay.
Yes. And Yes.

Hola back when your FB app is ready! We'd luve to see it!
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by ndgfx(m): 10:38pm On Oct 30, 2011
donedy:

Hello,

I was at one of the merchant site you listed, but I could not find where to enter my VISA card number during check out. Please, do they accept Visa?

Visa integration to our systems is currently in progress, but i can guarantee before end of November, Visa will be fully on board
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 30, 2011
Ok. Thanks.

This is a revolution in Nigeria e-commerce. I'm on my way of launching my own e-commerce sites for Naija with this payment gateway.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by mayoroflag(m): 10:46pm On Oct 30, 2011
Bros

Yours is an awesome concept, but please make the site a lot more attractive, more user friendly and less basic-looking. This is really hot stuff, you can't be inviting customer to a site looking dry like this  angry
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Drlumi: 10:48pm On Oct 30, 2011
I think Eyowo might go very far. There is a post comparing payment gateways (including Eyowo) here:

http://kudizone.com/blog/2011/10/13/how-to-accept-nigerian-cards-on-your-website/
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 30, 2011
i had my bitter experience in 2004 when a company situated in the USA called PaySat, owner of the now non-existent paysat.com
started out very strong. The tasteful finish of their website and their robost API swept me off.
whenever you call in, they answer every of your questions professionally.

Not until i used their website as a medium to accept a $500 payment. I delivered the service to the client and paysat never paid me.
they responded to my emails that new accounts needed to be verified. this went on for 6 month, then after 2 years, the domain expired and no renewal.

I have gone through eyowo.com, seen the extended validation SSL, seen it's a registered company with CAC
unfortunately, it's a lot of money we are talking about here, can you address issues raised by qunleajayi and SGN?

BTW your terms and agreement seems non existent --> https://www.eyowo.com/about/terms
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by shawonlese: 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2011
I asked them to send their questions to the appropriate support personnel that can answer their questions satisfactorily. Is this wrong?

@ Poster,

You advertised the service on here.
Could you answer the questions asked on here for all to learn more rather than avoiding same.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by felifeli: 11:03pm On Oct 30, 2011
Guy , the concept is exciting (for Nigeria at least) bit not quite convincing yet.

1. The registration fee I guess is necessary for a purpose though I don't get it since you still make money on EVERY transaction. It is like kind of asking me to pay money to acquire a debit card. It sucks.

2. I think there are gaping security holes in this thing of yours. Having used paypal for nearly ten years I know what I am talking about. Can't specifically put my finger on it yet but I have a feeling,

3, What recourses are available to users who get burnt in this ?

4. Who are Soft Imagio ? There is no street address . I wouldn't do a financial transaction with an email afdress

5. I am still looking at this

But so far, I say NO THANKS  smiley
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by ndgfx(m): 11:05pm On Oct 30, 2011
webdezzi:

i had my bitter experience in 2004 when a company situated in the USA called PaySat, owner of the now non-existent paysat.com
started out very strong. The tasteful finish of their website and their robost API swept me off.
whenever you call in, they answer every of your questions professionally.

Not until i used their website as a medium to accept a $500 payment. I delivered the service to the client and paysat never paid me.
they responded to my emails that new accounts needed to be verified. this went on for 6 month, then after 2 years, the domain expired and no renewal.

I have gone through eyowo.com, seen the extended validation SSL, seen it's a registered company with CAC
unfortunately, it's a lot of money we are talking about here, can you address issues raised by qunleajayi and SGN?

BTW your terms and agreement seems non existent --> https://www.eyowo.com/about/terms

Sorry about your past experience, @Webdezzi. However, if you read through the thread (incase you missed it) i did refer them to our Support personnel. I'm just one keyboard-happy nerd who works there. Ok, seriously though, get across to support and they'll be glad to lay it out for you.

And thanks for spotting the error. We'll fix that as soon as tomorrow.

Cheers
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by DualCore1: 11:06pm On Oct 30, 2011
if this project has nothing to do with the owners of dealfish and dead kalahari then im in. lol tht was a joke. meanwhile where is ezra and my proposal or wateva he was to send to me? this is wht happens wen sore love life gets into business. shhhsh tht wz a joke too. . . or not. . .
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by ndgfx(m): 11:13pm On Oct 30, 2011
Dual Core:

if this project has nothing to do with the owners of dealfish and dead kalahari then im in. lol tht was a joke. meanwhile where is ezra and my proposal or wateva he was to send to me? this is wht happens wen sore love life gets into business. shhhsh tht wz a joke too. . . or not. . .

I'll give him a knock on the head for you and make sure Ezra gets across. cheesy
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by ndgfx(m): 11:21pm On Oct 30, 2011
mayoroflag:

Bros

Yours is an awesome concept, but please make the site a lot more attractive, more user friendly and less basic-looking. This is really hot stuff, you can't be inviting customer to a site looking dry like this  angry

Thanx for this. However, the design philosophy behind this was to present to the user a simple, easy to use, accessible website where the content presented would be legible, easy to read and the accompanying presentation of the content would be distracting.

However, since this is an evolving service, we would like to hear your ideas on how to improve the outlook of the site.

Cheers
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by WebSurfer(m): 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2011
was working on starting a currency ex-changer website, i think this might help,,, am i right?
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 31, 2011
felifeli:

Guy , the concept is exciting (for Nigeria at least) bit not quite convincing yet.

1. The registration fee I guess is necessary for a purpose though I don't get it since you still make money on EVERY transaction. It is like kind of asking me to pay money to acquire a debit card. It sucks.

2. I think there are gaping security holes in this thing of yours. Having used paypal for nearly ten years I know what I am talking about. Can't specifically put my finger on it yet but I have a feeling, 

4. Who are Soft Imagio ? There is no street address . I wouldn't do a financial transaction with an email afdress

But so far,  I say NO THANKS  smiley

Some people like you like dropping irrational comments. Name one payment gateway that has not had problem at start-up. Even paypal has been hit with so many fraud lawsuit by customers. We should be supportive of people who have taken time to come-up with something many Nigerians back home are being deprived of. Waiting for people like you to come with a solution will take ages. Always playing devil advocate.

There must be problem on the short run, and company will adjust based on it.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by ndgfx(m): 12:17am On Oct 31, 2011
And Guys, dont forget to follow us on twitter @eyowo or like us on facebook>>https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eyowo/
It's about serving you better awesomely!!!
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by ndgfx(m): 12:20am On Oct 31, 2011
donedy:

felifeli link=topic=792437.msg9448362#msg9448362 date=1320012192:

But so far, I say NO THANKS  smiley
Some people like you like dropping irrational comments. Name one payment gateway that has not had problem at start-up. Even paypal has been hit with so many fraud lawsuit by customers. We should be supportive of people who have taken time to come-up with something many Nigerians back home are being deprived of. Waiting for people like you to come with a solution will take ages. Always playing devil advocate.

Donedy!!! I can almost hug you right now!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by stkris(m): 1:15am On Oct 31, 2011
If this right here is as good as it sounds, it would be the best thing to happen to Nigerian ecommerce.

Adequately insure this system to protect funds, and put in place a "verified merchant" protection policy like paypal and you'll be all set.

by the way, your main logo on the site is missing a home page link. A site's navigation feels broken when there isn't one.

All the best.

Signed, potential customer.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by ndgfx(m): 1:51am On Oct 31, 2011
st-kris:

If this right here is as good as it sounds, it would be the best thing to happen to Nigerian ecommerce.

Adequately insure this system to protect funds, and put in place a "verified merchant" protection policy like paypal and you'll be all set.

by the way, your main logo on the site is missing a home page link. A site's navigation feels broken when there isn't one.

All the best.

Signed, potential customer.

@St-Kris, thanx for the feedback and advice. Hope the Verisign "stamp of Honesty" impressed you though? wink
And thanx for highlighting that small glitch. We'll have it fixed by morning

We look forward to having you as a full time Customer!

Cheers
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by LagBlogger(m): 2:15am On Oct 31, 2011
This sounds interesting.

Perhaps it could be the much anticipated start of the Nigerian ecommerce revolution we have been dreaming about for years.

But hope you remain consistent and offer quality service delivery?
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Kilode1: 3:25am On Oct 31, 2011
nd.gfx:

Hahahaha, Sorry 'bout that.
The name Eyowo is, well, Yoruba in origin. It's "E yo Owo" which loosely translates to "To bring out Money" (sorry, my Yoruba sucks)

Again, thanx

I totally like the name. Very apt!

But your translation has K-leg tho( your translation is plausible but unusual) I take that to mean you have nothing to do with the naming of this platform.

Eyo owo = Cowrie Shells . The logo actually looks like one.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by kg(f): 4:06am On Oct 31, 2011
Nice one, bold step, we are getting there gradually, wish you success.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by CyberG: 4:51am On Oct 31, 2011
Eyoowo! Why not Owoeyo? That is cowries, right?  grin grin

Just kidding!~
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Nobody: 4:54am On Oct 31, 2011
//
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by DualCore1: 7:06am On Oct 31, 2011
chaircover, every payment gateway has a set of APIs for developers to hook up to when creating payment modules for ahopping carts. so as your developer and your personal trouble maker, you dont have a problem with using this on your shopping sites.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 31, 2011
//
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 31, 2011
1. INSURANCE! who insures customers financial transactions??
2. REGISTRATION! Which of the financial regulatory bodies are you registered with??[CBN, securities & exchange commission, etc]
3. Where are u based? as in where is your office[preferable a structure constructed [not rented] by your organisation Or is it just online[easy to disappear into thin air lipsrsealed]?
3. What are the names of the directors/shareholders of the organisation and where are they based??
4. Tell us in details [if possible paste it in this forum] your legal understanding [terms] with all the other financial platforms your said you affiliate with.
5. Registration N6000, 1% deduction from every transaction[does it mean u deduct 1% from both parties - buyer/saler or just saler?]
6. You should answer peoples questions rite here in this forum stop referring us to whoever. If you cant answer the questions, then what the fvk are u doing here in the first place?
7. SECURITY!! This is a serious money spinning idea [we are talking of millions of dollars about to pass thru the site] WHAT LEVEL OF SECURITY IS YOUR SITE RUNNING ON? Abi na de one wey tomoro we go hear say hackers attacked the site and made away with peoples money!
8. Finally, Eyowo - Yoruba! From various VERY BADDD EXPERIENCES AND DUPING I ENCOUNTERED DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM, THEY WILL BE THE LAST PEOPLE I WILL DO BUSINESS WITH - THEY ARE SO SO CRIMINALLY MINDED Ask any oyibo and he will tell you the same. AM not a tribalist, am just being practical. Sorry no offense and no insult intended.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by felifeli: 8:27am On Oct 31, 2011
donedy:

Hmmn ,  probably the same guy as OP , applauding his own speech . grin
My personal view : Count me out of this; the concept is good but the IMPLEMENTATION  sucks  big time.
Don't you have a street address ; and if you do why is it not VISIBLY displayed on the web site ?
No privacy policy statement either. Any other part of the world your financial website will be closed down in a flash and you'll be in the docks before you know what is happening.

I stick by my irrational comments , and if I were you I'd address the issues I raised else this is not going to fly very far.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by maclatunji: 9:21am On Oct 31, 2011
I think the poster and his crew have a nice concept. However, I think they need the backing of some major financial institution or telecoms company to help improve their security set-up and clout.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2011
@op, Good one, just take the good part of d various criticism here and work on it. Best luck.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 31, 2011
felifeli:

Hmmn ,  probably the same guy as OP , applauding his own speech . grin
My personal view : Count me out of this; the concept is good but the IMPLEMENTATION  sucks  big time.
Don't you have a street address ; and if you do why is it not VISIBLY displayed on the web site ?
No privacy policy statement either. Any other part of the world your financial website will be closed down in a flash and you'll be in the docks before you know what is happening.

I stick by my irrational comments , and if I were you I'd address the issues I raised else this is not going to fly very far.

I actually won't argue with you because I know your type are those who like to hide behind the monitor just to criticize how bad Nigeria is, and how backward it is, while cannot come up with any tangible contribution to society. Just get a life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network / Enter For All Wapka Codes/get Your Wapka Site's Problems Solved / I Want To Create Front Page In My Smf Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.