Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! (27725 Views)

Payment Gateway Integration (interswitch / Mastercard / Visa) / Get A Free Payment Gateway For You Site. / Pls I Need Ng Online Payment Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Frendys(m): 9:51am On Oct 31, 2011
Everyone desiring equity must come with clean hands.

This is Nairaland and once you advertise your product here, you owe the Members the responsibilty of answering their every question. Your idea may be novel and noble but on Nairaland it would be subjected to thorough scrutiny. Everyone should be careful these days, because 'our' brothers who are scammers abroad, are relocating to Naija to further their fleecing business.

The idea of routing my inquiries to an anonymous voice on the other end will not be tolerated. I am satisfied for now with my GTB.

For all those that have asked relevant questions regarding this product here, kudos to you. grin

Poster, if you think the kitchen is too hot then take your product to another platform! tongue
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by abhosts(m): 10:03am On Oct 31, 2011
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Eyowo is simply not Workable. The 1% charge is simply not realistic. Interswitch Charges about 1.5% for every Transaction before Transferring the sum to the Merchant's Bank account. The Bank would also deduct their own 0.5% COT. So what is the Formula of Eyowo to charge less than they would be required to pay?   
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by anonimi: 10:09am On Oct 31, 2011
good idea on the face of it as I am not an IT payment expert.
i hope they will pay the end users/beneficiaries promptly without delay. I remember one airline that ran aground years ago because they were not paying for the wet lease of airplanes to the owners even though they were selling tickets and passengers were stranded at xmas/ new year on the US route. Meanwhile the MD was never dragged to court for damages, inconveniences etc.
I have heard similar stories about phone card companies.
Lawless country!!!
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by astronp8: 10:18am On Oct 31, 2011
I have this question:

1. Do you have one eyowo account for multiple sites?

OR

2. Do you have individual account for your individual sites?
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by ndgfx(m): 11:00am On Oct 31, 2011
Phew.
So for the wait. I'm back online
astronp8:

I have this question:

1. Do you have one eyowo account for multiple sites?

OR

2. Do you have individual account for your individual sites?

Yes you can. Eyowo has feature called Wallets, which allows you to create multiple wallets to receive multiple payments from multiple sites. And it's all under one account.

Cheers
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by felifeli: 11:21am On Oct 31, 2011
donedy:

I actually won't argue with you because I know your type are those who like to hide behind the monitor just to criticize how bad Nigeria is, and how backward it is, while cannot come up with any tangible contribution to society. Just get a life.

What is my "type" ? I am giving your business constructive advice before you stick your neck out too far and your head gets chopped off , and you are saying I am criticizing Nigeria !
Actually it is half baked ideas like this which do Nigeria so much injustice. Instead of trying to equal the standards of models that are working, you are advocating a "ko bad now, sebi this is Nigeria and not Oyinbo country" approach . Again , my advice is to go ask for standards that are required for a website that intends to carry out financial transactions. Look for the most stringent from any part of the world , and TRY TO EQUAL IT , instead of doing something that will leave the public open to fraud and bring the financial system in Nigeria to more disrepute.
Guy I don't hate you or your guy at Eyowo; but the implication of a major fraud in a system like this will set confidence in online purchasing back several years o much that people who eventually do something that is actually good may not find support anymore.
For example if I pay for purchase from a third party through your system and the other party does not deliver my goods, who you gonna call ? Ghostbusters ? I mean who gets my money back for me ?

And by the way anyone can purchase Verisign and it guarantees nothing. You can even get a FREE 30 day trial of Verisign but I am sure your website is not running on that FREE trial subscription smiley
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by databoy: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2011
This is getting interesting. @poster, three things. 1. Please address the issue of security, at least thats why we have slyr0x in the house. 2. The physical address thing goes a long way to instill confidence in your users, so fix that. 3. What system do you have in place to safeguard the funds of payees? E.g. Escrow.com. Also what user verification system are you using to ensure your users cant defraud people.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by ndgfx(m): 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2011
Sorry for the delay.
*databoy:

This is getting interesting. @poster, three things. 1. Please address the issue of security, at least thats why we have slyr0x in the house. 2. The physical address thing goes a long way to instill confidence in your users, so fix that. 3. What system do you have in place to safeguard the funds of payees? E.g. Escrow.com. Also what user verification system are you using to ensure your users cant defraud people.

[list]
[li]Contact details as well as Physical address of Softcom Imagio can be found here: https://www.eyowo.com/support
We are at Suite 303, 56 Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos state, Nigeria [/li]
[li]Regarding security, We've taken steps to ensure the systems integrity. All information exchanged on Eyowo passes through a VeriSign Secure SSL encryption and authentication to protect you and your customers. Also, EYOWO does not accept or store any card information.

In the event that there is an error in the transaction (say, internet connection trips off), the transaction is cancelled. That means, no money will be removed from your account and the no money will be giving to the merchant.
[/li]

[li]Regarding the funding of merchant accounts, Eyowo settles your bank account for all payments received twice a week: Tuesdays and on Fridays. Merchants can always track transactions via the Transaction history in realtime available on their dashboards.
[/li]

[/list]

Cheers
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by databoy: 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2011
Let me paraphrase a little bit; if i pay for a blackberry on monday, on tuesday you transfer the payment to the seller's bank account and by wednesday i still havent gotten the blackberry, and i discovered i have been scammed. How do i get my money back or how do you track the seller and ensure that to a large extent, my money is safe. Is there a method of user verification that keeps your users in check to avoid such scenarios?
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Timileyin(m): 2:05pm On Oct 31, 2011
Yur service chrage is too expensive, I registerd few months back,
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by DualCore1: 2:10pm On Oct 31, 2011
what databoy seeks to know is: whats your buyer ans seller protection policy?
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by DualCore1: 2:11pm On Oct 31, 2011
what databoy seeks to know is: whats your buyer and seller protection policy?
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by baslone: 2:14pm On Oct 31, 2011
Now this is getting interesting!
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by marocguy(m): 2:27pm On Oct 31, 2011
check www.mypaysolve.com too. They r not switching,bt a Web ios company
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by naijafan(m): 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am a developer on the project and would be glad to answer the questions raised here so far and also allay certain fears expressed.

1. Physical Address. I am indeed surprised availability of this is being made into an issue of some sort as this information is readily available on the site. We are located at Suite 303, 56, Opebi Road. Ikeja, Lagos. No, we do not currently own any office structure of our own. Our RC number is RC901242.

2. Eyowo operates within existing CBN regulations and the various card providers we have made available for use on our gateway are well aware of our business. With Interswitch, we spent weeks waiting for them to draft a separate agreement for us as ours was not the standard WebPay integration - we don't sell any products directly. This is the same reason we are yet to make VISA available for use. There is still a bit of back and forth in fine-tuning terms and modus operandi with the acquiring body for VISA in Nigeria.

3. At the moment, we are working with GTBank to provide a bank guarantee for our Merchants. We currently require our merchants to have corporate GTBank accounts so settlements is done directly with the bank. This happens twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays, and is a fully audited process. Since our Merchants have corporate GTBank accounts, our verification process relies on the bank's KYC procedures.

3. Our Terms and Agreements are still being drafted by our company lawyers. As soon as this is done and ready, we will put it up. Eyowo is yet to be formally launched. This is more like a field test and the response has been great so far.

4. The 1% transaction fee is charged to the merchant. However, the burden of paying Interswitch's transaction fees and that of other gateways have been passed on to the buyer. What this means is if you pass a transaction of N5,000 to Eyowo, Eyowo in turn passes N5,076.14 to Interswitch (after duly informing the buyer) such that when the 1.5% transaction charge is taken off, exactly N5,000 is returned to Eyowo from which we now take out 1% and remit N4,950 to the Merchant's bank account.

I hope this response clarifies most of the questions raised here. I may have missed a couple. Feel free to ask them.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by databoy: 3:14pm On Oct 31, 2011
I like this guy, fair enough.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2011
//
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by DualCore1: 4:50pm On Oct 31, 2011
i agree with my erm. . . mother inlaw. this system like liberty reserve, favors the seller and puts the buyer at risk as transactions cannot be disputed.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 31, 2011
//
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by a01: 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2011
@ chaircover - using reliable courier is still dependent on the kind of product or service you are paying for. I don't expect a recharge site to use DHL to send me airtime. While a typical cakes and cream would rather deliver to my house themselves as they have their own names to protect as well.

Refunds, delivery charges i believe are still reliant on the merchant. If i were Eyowo, would i want to refund someone for a recharge card he has loaded on his phone?

Most of this questions should be for merchants and not eyowo jare… this guys have done a very good job and we should applaud their effort.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by bros12345: 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2011
How do i integrate your service with my web hosting company that uses WHMCS.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2011
//
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by felifeli: 8:09pm On Oct 31, 2011
a01:

@ chaircover - using reliable courier is still dependent on the kind of product or service you are paying for. I don't expect a recharge site to use DHL to send me airtime. While a typical cakes and cream would rather deliver to my house themselves as they have their own names to protect as well.

Refunds, delivery charges i believe are still reliant on the merchant. If i were Eyowo, would i want to refund someone for a recharge card he has loaded on his phone?

Most of this questions should be for merchants and not eyowo jare… this guys have done a very good job and we should applaud their effort.
Guy your VERY FIRST POST ON NAIRALAND is to praise Eyowo ! grin grin
You could have at least been more tactical by posting a few bits somewhere else so that it won't be so obvious who sent you here.
In any case courier company or not; merchant or not; if too many people complain about losing money through your eyowo it won't take long for your business to be closed down. what we want to know is the names of the directors of your company that will find themselves in court; though I pray not grin grin

Seriously guys; take that website offline and go do your homework properly , or tape "beta-testing; not yet doing business" on it. It could be good business in the future; just don't rush this.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 31, 2011
felifeli:

Guy your VERY FIRST POST ON NAIRALAND  is to praise Eyowo ! grin grin
You could have at least been more tactical by posting a few bits somewhere else so that it won't be so obvious who sent you here.

Seriously guys; take that website offline and go do your homework properly , or tape "beta-testing; not yet doing business" on it.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Good Idea but why the rush? Take your time guys and tighten all the loose bits. As it is now, they are very many and its going to be tougher than you think.

How are deposits in the eWallet going to be protected?

How will you handle chargebacks?
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by databoy: 9:26pm On Oct 31, 2011
@ Eyowo, please study www.escrow.com and try adopting their buyer-seller protection policy or pattern. I dont think it will cost you much to implement such system. Or better still, do a merchant/third party guarantor form signing thing that will be verified so when a merchant absconds with money, you know who to hold responsible. My posts = My views, Lolz.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by DualCore1: 9:47pm On Oct 31, 2011
When a mother in-law asks if i you wonno marry her daughter, don't run! Just smile and have faith.

I just used Eyowo to top up my phone sha. At least no registration required (and that is just awesome). I used to get recharge vouchers from RNG before it died. Good to see its back but my phone hasn't been topped up yet. Its good to see the system worked with my master card and transaction approved.

Guys, these concerns being raised . . . i believe in deploying version 1 now and upgrading later to call i version 1.5. It can't all come in one fell swoop. Even Paypal didnt put up all the features it has now in its first release. Telling them to go shut down and go back to the drawing board is far from encouraging.

Databoy, I no dey use copyright infringement play sha.

P.S: If I no see my credit RNG heads will roll o angry tongue
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by databoy: 11:33pm On Oct 31, 2011
@dualcore, please notify us as soon as your "top up" reflects in your phone. Make we too dey do top ups.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by DualCore1: 11:45pm On Oct 31, 2011
Well the site has this at the top
Customer service is important to us and presently, we do not have 24 hour support. ReloadNG services will only be available between the hours of 7am and 10pm. We apologize for the inconvenience and plead that you bear with us for the time being while we work on providing 24 hour support. Thank you.

And this on the next line

3 easy steps to recharge.
(1) Select your network. (2) Enter phone number and amount. (3) Pay with your debit card and get topped up. Instantly!!!

And me on the next line waiting for my "instant" top up, its been 2 hours.

Oh well, I dey wait. Very patient.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by soloqy: 4:23am On Nov 01, 2011
Watching this thread closely. Very interested in how things pan out.

@Dual Core, can we then say that your transaction from the Eyo end went well but the hitch and delay is only coming from the top up guys?
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by naijafan(m): 8:03am On Nov 01, 2011
*databoy:

@ Eyowo, please study www.escrow.com and try adopting their buyer-seller protection policy or pattern. I dont think it will cost you much to implement such system. Or better still, do a merchant/third party guarantor form signing thing that will be verified so when a merchant absconds with money, you know who to hold responsible. My posts = My views, Lolz.

Like I said, we are riding on GTBank's KYC. The bank already has this information.
Re: Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For! by a01: 8:06am On Nov 01, 2011
@chaircover - as i said, your business still determines the kind of business delivery mode. yes you can insist on delivery company, but is it really about delivery?what about the other aspects of purchasing?

how do you mean loosing money through eyowo? even me i lost some money over the interswitch network during atm fraud, which 1 be shutdown business and directors in court?  shocked eyowo does not process anycard if i am clear by what i tried buying on stylerebirth.com.

@ felifeli - u said i should go to other places to post, ko jor mehn! i do what i like when i like   tonguetongue I expect you know that people can register anywhere of choice at anytime to do whatever they like, tongue so why you dy vex?  grin grin grin grin

@1st citizen!  wink i wanted to pardon you but you no try sha, i am sure your comment is a result of what you have done before here, send people to come post to support you, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

well, i came on nairaland for the 1st time and saw a point on interest, should i not talk becos you are getting emotional about a nice idea?  grin grin free me jor!

@ nd.gfx, pls when is the invoicing service coming? i'd really like to use that service for auto-invoicing on my portal,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network / Enter For All Wapka Codes/get Your Wapka Site's Problems Solved / I Want To Create Front Page In My Smf Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.