Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply (5938 Views)

How I Almost Gave My Life To Christ On My Way To Have Sex With A Man / Please Help. Is The Condition I Gave My Girlfriend Too Harsh? / "I Have Given Birth"- Lady Tells Man After Surprise Engagement Ring, His Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by 1Alex: 11:57pm On Nov 28, 2023
westlius:
I met this guy 2020 at Calabar, we worked in the same project in Calabar (8miles). After the project I returned back to my base in PH and he was in UYO for another job.
2 months ago he chatted me he is in PH and badly in need of job. Then his calls and messages became constant.
I gave him several job links, this morning he sent me a FB message that one of the job has sent him an invitation, I was happy at least if he gets it he can pay his bills. He then drops his account details that I should send me 1k for transportation which I declined. I bluntly told him I can't look for job for you and give u transportation for the interview.
This evening, as I came back from work I called him to know if he went for the interview, the funny guy send no he didn't go because of no transport fare, I just hang call
you should have given him the money. You don't know what not having money can do to a person

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by vonlogon: 12:08am On Nov 29, 2023
It weakens me to read comments like "you are in position to help", "you are heartless" and stuffs like that. A man that can come back and ask same person that opened a door for him to walk him through is not ready for success, left to me, I won't even come back to ask for anything, there are circumstances that should be encouraging enough for a man to activate preternatural reasoning and find solutions. In my opinion, he's unserious. I've been in this situation before, I trekked, from mile 2 to Ojota. I got the job before calling my contact person.

6 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by vonlogon: 12:11am On Nov 29, 2023
1Alex:
you should have given him the money. You don't know what not having money can do to a person

But what if he too doesn't have enough to spare, that's why people generally leave others with their problems because you solve one, they keep it coming, sometimes they make it feel like you owe them

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by darealez(m): 12:38am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:
I met this guy 2020 at Calabar, we worked in the same project in Calabar (8miles). After the project I returned back to my base in PH and he was in UYO for another job.
2 months ago he chatted me he is in PH and badly in need of job. Then his calls and messages became constant.
I gave him several job links, this morning he sent me a FB message that one of the job has sent him an invitation, I was happy at least if he gets it he can pay his bills. He then drops his account details that I should send me 1k for transportation which I declined. I bluntly told him I can't look for job for you and give u transportation for the interview.
This evening, as I came back from work I called him to know if he went for the interview, the funny guy send no he didn't go because of no transport fare, I just hang call
1k? Just 1k...

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Lifestone(m): 12:54am On Nov 29, 2023
MidasTouch15:

U were in a position to help bt u chose nt to. U feel like a big boy nw ,right? Anyways, its none of my concern bt alwys knw that littl tns mata
Why are you guys this entitled. Shouldn't the guy help his life at all, if he needs to trek to the interview, he should have done that. His family members too couldn't raise 1k? if he had given him money to the interview, he better be ready to be paying transport and feeding money to go to the work otherwise he won't resume and you guys will still blame the OP

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by LikeAking: 1:42am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:

Wetin be on 1k?

Some of you are too stingy..

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by LikeAking: 1:44am On Nov 29, 2023
Lifestone:

Why are you guys this entitled. Shouldn't the guy help his life at all, if he needs to trek to the interview, he should have done that. His family members too couldn't raise 1k? if he had given him money to the interview, he better be ready to be paying transport and feeding money to go to the work otherwise he won't resume and you guys will still blame the OP

Entitled on top 1k?

Guy do the need full.. Learn to touch lives.. That’s the real hustle..

It’s not by savings ohh..

This life deep..

Festus Kayamo no Dey wia him Dey today cos him sabi save money or hustle..

In this life u must pay a sacrifice to achieve.. U are not paying and sacrifice, be wise.

9 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by LikeAking: 1:48am On Nov 29, 2023
Magnoliaa:
So nobody is going to talk about how men are the biggest setbacks to each other's destinies?

Anybody?

Okay.

We are tackling the OP..

Him never understand life..

Him no sabi touch lives and pay dues..

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:33am On Nov 29, 2023
OP from all your comments, you are not matured.its different if you dont have the 1k to give him.But instead you cut call and you are expecting us to clap for you.I have helped many people with jobs,when I get link,even with Tp if I have.why I go dey get angry or even end a call on a fellow guy because of chicken change .highest..bro i no get .simple.who no get today go get tomorrow. I no dey stingy to guys.Na women I dey stingy to

9 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Mathiasa(m): 2:38am On Nov 29, 2023
Humans. And u came here to tell us this.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by CJStarz: 3:51am On Nov 29, 2023
U no be correct friend at all.
What is 1k that u couldn't give him?

westlius:

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Antwan99: 4:21am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:
OP sounds like someone who neither experienced nor understand life. If you wasn't with the 1k, fine. But the reasons you gave, I'm ashamed reading this post.

6 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Intergrated: 4:22am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:

My dear given him a link for job I tried oo.
Apart from me don't he has close relatives.
I have never seen him since 2020 but I still find am job when he called
guy you wicked. Forget stories. Which kind human being you be. Do make we clap for you?

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Kingozymandias(m): 4:45am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:

🤣🤣🤣

Typical kafir... I understand who you are. But know you have broken a fellow kafirs spirit. You will experience it too ,then after that you will know why you should never ever sound the way you are sounding.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Ulunne777(f): 4:50am On Nov 29, 2023
Magnoliaa:
So nobody is going to talk about how men are the biggest setbacks to each other's destinies?

Anybody?

Okay.

Spot on!
Mehn I really feel for that guy.He doesn't even understand what he just did.

What would it have cost this guy to help his fellow man stand?#1k?
Ppl are really hungry,surviving on loans with negative acc balances.Yesterday on NL I saw a thread with so many ppl willing to perform tasks just to be credited 400mb.400mb??Family,neighbours and friends are tired of their calls.Its not entitlement pls change this mindset.At this time,it is Tinibulation.
@Op,if he can still go today,drop his acc no let's give him Tfare.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by lawani: 5:07am On Nov 29, 2023
TrossardT:
There is an adage where I come from, it goes like this "if you give a lazy person cloth, you dye it for the person"

I want you to think about the adage as it applies to the situation and tell me your thought on it

It has two meanings
If you want to help, go the whole way.
It also means help the lazy person and not give him a white cloth which will get dirty often. Dye it for him so that he will wash it less often. Approximately the same meaning but still a bit different

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Antwan99: 5:15am On Nov 29, 2023
Ulunne777:

Spot on!
Mehn I really feel for that guy.He doesn't even understand what he just did.

I remember when I got my job,no Tfare no money to eat self anywhere.My husband's friend owed him huge AMT of money but somehow refused to pay.Even his clique he'd go for help would call him to a bar,pay for so many drinks but #1they wont give him.Chai!
When all avenues to raise money wasnt yielding results,I called his friend and in less than 2 mins,an agreement was reached.

I'm saying it had dragged on for months but in less than 24hrs,the money dropped.
Today,I made sure he severed that friendship.

What would it have cost this guy to help his fellow man stand?#1k?
Ppl are really hungry,surviving on loans with negative acc balances.Family,neighbours and friends are tired of their calls.Its not entitlement pls change this mindset.
@Op,if he can still go today,drop his acc no let's give him Tfare.
More like it
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Maravilla: 5:20am On Nov 29, 2023
Bros, I dey PH like this, abeg if Job dey link me na
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by pendusky(m): 5:30am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:

The job link here wasn't the real help, but the TP you refused to give am. Anyone can copy and send job link bruh.

9 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by 1Alex: 5:46am On Nov 29, 2023
vonlogon:

But what if he too doesn't have enough to spare, that's why people generally leave others with their problems because you solve one, they keep it coming, sometimes they make it feel like you owe them
op did not say he didn't have money to give him. If he said so then it's a different thing. I have been in such situation, I kept supporting the guy even after he got a job, till he started receiving salary.

10 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Jewessgratitud3: 5:51am On Nov 29, 2023
That's wickedness. If you had the 1 k and refused to give him, then you're more wicked than the devil himself. Chai! People wicked o.

For this person to ask you for common 1k means he doesn't have and you're here forming what I don't know. Now he lost the opportunity you're angry at him..for what? Should he have used his teeth to transport himself?

May God help that guy let him never have to ask you for anything again. You sent him a link, so what?

4 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:00am On Nov 29, 2023
He even say he cut the call because of 1k. grin.infact I for like reach the guy mk I send am the tp.Op,we wont clap for you.you no be guy at all

4 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by KingOfAllIgbos: 6:26am On Nov 29, 2023
@ OP....

It is really sad but some people are hellbent on remaining poor.

I have a policy, I don't just bang ladies and give them money for trivial things like makeup, hairdo, transport fare or phone.

I sit you down and try to fix real life issues ; school fees, accommodation, business start up capital.

That's all AFTER I bang you by the way, wouldn't impress you with money.

I met a girl whose father is late, as I was about to take over all her school fees, noticed she was a Juliet Beggar and always asking for money, money, money.

" I slept over in the office - no money for transport", " I couldn't come- cos no 2k for cab fare"

Then imagine a 20 year old who still hasn't passed O Levels , using mercenary for English Language! shocked mind you, previous year, she also used a merc who duped her and still failed.

I just knew this particular gal will bill you for every single thing even after paying her fees -

" I didn't go to school because no t.fare"

" I didn't go to exams, you need to pay for my mercenaries"

" I feel there's no point doing lectures since you didn't pay for textbooks"

She's the type that would drop out at 300 Level of a 4 year course , trying to blackmail you into paying something ridiculous and feel you wouldn't want to waste 3 years of funds. And be unapologetic about it.

She should marry your friend. angry
Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by andyanders: 6:32am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:
Infact, devil is better than you are. Karma will hunt you for ur wickedness and in time to come, u will look 4 favor, no being will help you.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Connected1: 6:32am On Nov 29, 2023
A student friend of mine was always saying he doesn't have money, sometimes I send, but with the consistent begging I thought he might be scamming me and I stopped.

When I saw him, Omo Madman fine pass am, them no tell me before I carry am enter Salon go get clean cut and we later Buka go chew.

1k is nothing and can be sent to any random person talk more of your friend, we do somethings because we have enough not because they helped us before.

6 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by clevybrown(m): 6:37am On Nov 29, 2023
budaatum:

I think they expect you to help him more than he wants to help himself.

After you send him transport money and he gets the job, some will be here telling you to go and do the work for him too so he can get paid.
Let it cost u nothing to help wen u are in a position to.

4 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by LoveJesus87(m): 6:56am On Nov 29, 2023
immortalcrown:
Oga, if you wan help am, help am.

Things are so bad for some people that they can miss wonderful opportunities because of lack of transport fare. Some might show a sign of unseriousness with the demand for transport fare. Some people are serious but cannot afford transport fare, so they beg.
no mind am.. Common 1k tfare he no fit give am

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by LoveJesus87(m): 6:57am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:

My dear given him a link for job I tried oo.
Apart from me don't he has close relatives.
I have never seen him since 2020 but I still find am job when he called
just 1k
Don't u feel STUPID

4 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by UptownVibes(m): 7:00am On Nov 29, 2023
If it was a girl now,he will make it 10k for her to go buy ice cream. But just 1k tfare,you came here forming god,because small thing dey with you today. Wetin man do man abeg?

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by UptownVibes(m): 7:02am On Nov 29, 2023
LoveJesus87:
just 1k
Don't u feel STUPID
Don't mind him. That 1k could have even opened doors of over a million contract for him,but he no wise.. If it was a lady that ask him 1k now,he will send 10k ..

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by LoveJesus87(m): 7:07am On Nov 29, 2023
UptownVibes:
Don't mind him. That 1k could have even opened doors of over a million contract for him,but he no wise.. If it was a lady that ask him 1k now,he will send 10k ..
d guy REALLY disgust me

4 Likes

Re: I Gave My Friend A Job Link But Was Shocked By His Reply by Abolodje: 7:37am On Nov 29, 2023
westlius:
No long talk from me but in reference to your post, you’re just a shitty human trying to justify your shitty actions.
Just remember life comes at people so fast who are on their high horses.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can you really get a sincere girl in Nigeria? / Do You Believe In Falling In Love With Pictures? / Dignity Or Virginity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.