Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? (19302 Views)

Nigerian Man Marries With ‘fake’ Genotype, Abandons Wife With ‘sickle Cell’ Kids / Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them / Nigerian Boy Pranks His Parents With A Fake Snake(Hilarious Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Yemike(m): 12:51am On Dec 01, 2023
shoprite:

I just might have some info that will help . . .Give me till tomorrow I will be back here to share once I confirm from my source. Hang in there!
Thank you Sir. I'll be expecting your Info's.
Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Juniorangel(m): 12:56am On Dec 01, 2023
OP the lord is your strength, pls try and find a powerful drug like Jubilin (not sure of the spelling) it is a drug for anaemic patients taken daily with folic acid also make sure they take not less than 3liters of water everyday, good food, fruits and vegetables they should avoid anything stressful or things that triggers their crisis.

1 Like

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 01, 2023
remzytimer:
You can only try your best buy only my God can turn SS to AA let your faith be strong in God. Tell them to attend Shiloh 2023n the God of Shiloh is special in impossibilities. Just come with faith

This one brain done fry..one of the problem will have in this country sad sad
Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by enemyofprogress: 1:20am On Dec 01, 2023
Acidosis:

Your parents are very wicked.
they are more than wicked. Now they are no where to be found to take care of the wahala that they caused

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by enemyofprogress: 1:20am On Dec 01, 2023
remzytimer:
You can only try your best buy only my God can turn SS to AA let your faith be strong in God. Tell them to attend Shiloh 2023n the God of Shiloh is special in impossibilities. Just come with faith
see as God dey tell you to shut up your mouth

1 Like

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Coronavirus1: 1:47am On Dec 01, 2023
Biology says that after sexual intercourse, about 200 to 300 million sperms are deposited by the man, they all begin to swim upwards within the track to meet with the ovum, out of the 200 million that are deposited only 300 to 500 actually reach the site (others get tired on the way because is not an easy race) and of the 300 that manage to reach the ovum (egg), only one fertilised the egg and in this case the winning one is YOU.
Have you ever thought about this? You ran a race without your eyes and your legs you WON, you ran a race without your education and you WON, you ran without certificate and you WON, you ran without help and you WON, what makes you think you will Lose now?
Now that you have both eyes and legs, now that you have the knowledge of God's word, now that you have plans, visions and dreams, beloved you didn't give up on day one, so you can't give up now, giving up now is an insult to your creator.
It doesn't matter what you see now, take it as a challenge and always remember that you WON from womb.
You will win this your present battle in Jesus' name, Amen

3 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by dapova: 1:48am On Dec 01, 2023
Chee59:

Do all this. Your next crisis will wake you up by 2:30am.

No one said there’ll be no Crisis. The question was clear and simple. ‘How to avoid or manage?’

1 Like

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by linearity: 2:19am On Dec 01, 2023
Coronavirus1:
Biology says that after sexual intercourse, about 200 to 300 million sperms are deposited by the man, they all begin to swim upwards within the track to meet with the ovum, out of the 200 million that are deposited only 300 to 500 actually reach the site (others get tired on the way because is not an easy race) and of the 300 that manage to reach the ovum (egg), only one fertilised the egg and in this case the winning one is YOU.
Have you ever thought about this? You ran a race without your eyes and your legs you WON, you ran a race without your education and you WON, you ran without certificate and you WON, you ran without help and you WON, what makes you think you will Lose now?
Now that you have both eyes and legs, now that you have the knowledge of God's word, now that you have plans, visions and dreams, beloved you didn't give up on day one, so you can't give up now, giving up now is an insult to your creator.
It doesn't matter what you see now, take it as a challenge and always remember that you WON from womb.
You will win this your present battle in Jesus' name, Amen

A sperm is not human, it is a mere cell, on its own it is nothing and it is not YOU.

Even a zygote, the resultant of the fusion of a sperm and an ovum is not human and it is not YOU.

If sperm can pass as human, then Oxygen can pass as a body of water as well.

4 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by franugo(m): 2:19am On Dec 01, 2023
money121:

Shiloh will turn SS to AA

DEY PLAY grin

E shock me

2 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by fastseo: 2:19am On Dec 01, 2023
Acidosis:

Your parents are very wicked.

Ask your mom n dad if they did genotype test before marrying. And they should be in their 60s.

In the 70s, 80s and even early 90s most of us don't know what genotype is. Where is the lab to run this test as you can find today. If exist will be expensive.

Even now.. Go to remote villages, they still don't know what genotype is.. We are lucky to have this level of education n leave in city

2 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Blitzking: 2:23am On Dec 01, 2023
Before bedding any woman...ask about genotype...if cade isn't taken jr parents av set u up for lifelong poverty.

1 Like

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by damosade(m): 2:38am On Dec 01, 2023
Don't blame your parent. I asked my mother the same question and she cried that they never know what was genotype in early 80s.. I saw hell managing the pains. I am now 38.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by CHRISTFUCKER: 2:42am On Dec 01, 2023
Just do the needful before you regret you didn't do it sooner than later

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by NiceLegs: 2:45am On Dec 01, 2023
Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Primebuilders(m): 2:48am On Dec 01, 2023
Plz be informed that there is now cure for sickle cell. Many don't know contact me I will show you to a doctor that dies it. I am talking of cure and not bone marrow transplant
Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by NiceLegs: 2:53am On Dec 01, 2023
Things are changing.
Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by adicius: 3:12am On Dec 01, 2023
Life expectancy for men with sickle cell is 44years, for women is 47 years on average. I lost my darling sister in 2020 at the age of 44. She was in and out of hospital for her last 2 years. Sickle cell anemia is a terrible condition. God bless all sufferers. Rest in heavenly 🕊️ my darling sister. You will never be forgotten for as long as we live.🙏🏽

5 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by indoorlove(m): 3:18am On Dec 01, 2023
Yemike:
I need people with experience on how to manage SS Crisis.
Both my parent are AS and we the kids are 5. I'm the first child and I'm lucky to be AA, the 2nd born AS, 3rd, 4th, 5th - SS.
I have 3 SS siblings and right now most of their responsibility and wellbeing is on me as the first born cuz my P-man is old already.
Just last week I have to rush down to my brother's school to bring him home cuz he called me in the middle of the night weeping cuz the pain is just too much and his roommate isn't around.
My question now is how can it be managed? cuz it's really affecting everybody cuz It's affecting their studies, I'm exhausted right now cuz anytime it happens it's ends with me borrowing funds to send to them and lastly it's sucks happiness out of the atmosphere as hearing a teenager weeping and knowing you can't do anything about it is saddening.

I've seen some people asking if they as AS can also marry AS please and please don't try it as you'll just be bringing innocent kids here just to suffer. The trauma of you seeing your kids in pain sef no be here.

How can SS Crisis be avoided/managed?

I'd have loved my write up to be well detailed but the little I wrote up there took up to an hour cuz my phone is bad.

You experience and advice will be well appreciated. Thanks.
It can be managed, but the issue is that we have been conditioned to always look the Orthodox way, rather than leaves and herbs that are sometimes more effective. Do you know that just pineapple juice can cure cataract and glaucoma? Do know that water-leaf mixed with honeys can cure ulcer. There are series of leaf and herbs that can help manage a sickle cell patient, but unfortunately African do not believe in plants ☘️ anymore. It's sad!

1 Like

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by tosyne2much(m): 3:26am On Dec 01, 2023
Acidosis:

Any parent with three AS children in the university is certainly a wicked human being. That includes your parents if they fall within that category.

I understand the fact that the word "parent" makes you needlessly emotional.
Don't call them names bro

The ignorance of genotype incompatibility was top notch in the 50s, 60s, 70s and even in the 80s

Our parents didn't have access to the kind of information we do in our own era

3 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by DARLINGTON869(m): 3:30am On Dec 01, 2023
money121:

Shiloh will turn SS to AA

DEY PLAY grin

You are the one who is actually PLAYING.
Shiloh doesn't change one from SS to AA. It's only God that does, and YES...I have heard of someone whom God gave that testimony to.
Not everyone is faithless
Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Boyooosa(m): 3:38am On Dec 01, 2023
Yemike:

You're on point. Mosquitoes are combated with mosquito net. But @ the bolded part isn't easy for this Tinubu economy but God is good sha.

Na Tinubu still be your problem abi, people wey born five leave four for you to fend for no be problem...

You are the one seeking help, person give you better guides as requested, instead of you to think of how well you can work towards those basic things, u are talking of tinubu again....go to Jonathan regime now, or buhari's own or Obi's own in the future...

Shebi u don dey turn your own post to fun now, Dem go soon come help you turn to skit session now, wait!

2 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by macfish101(m): 3:41am On Dec 01, 2023
I lost a friend like this. Never you marry selfishly for love. Consider the people you will bring into this world. Love is not enough.

2 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Evercurious(f): 3:45am On Dec 01, 2023
EmekaBlue:
sharaap

Who tell u say I dey east?! And again I'm sure u r west....if no be Lagos the no man's land...d rest are super quack

Even the Lagos sef no get better hospital. The health sector in Lagos is nonsense...

2 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by MrHighSea: 3:46am On Dec 01, 2023
Lost my immediate kid bro to that thing.
Saddest, can't even remember his face, we were kids.

There are easily affected by any little shock in the family. One day of cold, mosquito, no enough food, water, no money for drugs will lead to a menacing chain reaction.

Cleanliness should be top notch. Very careful planning of his activities. In school, he should go early and take front seat. That little struggle during late entry into lecture hall can mess him up.

He can't say motor spoil, I sleep for road.
At the party, I endured the smoke.
I had to sip garri 3x a day.

Health first.

My parents are educated. Genotype thing wasn't popular then.

Since primary school, mum rings my genotype to me and who to marry on a steady. I knew genotype very well before blood group.

Second date na for hospital, my babe (wife now) shock die.

I wish him well.

2 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by warlordd(m): 3:49am On Dec 01, 2023
remzytimer:
Story! They are talking of sickle cell, this one dey talk of nonsense Shiloh. Yeye dey smell.

2 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Enculer2: 4:02am On Dec 01, 2023
Yemike:
Both my parent are AS and we the kids are 5. I'm the first child and I'm lucky to be AA, the 2nd born AS, 3rd, 4th, 5th - SS.
I have 3 SS siblings and right now most of their responsibility and wellbeing is on me as the first born cuz my P-man is old already.
Just last week I have to rush down to my brother's school to bring him home cuz he called me in the middle of the night weeping cuz the pain is just too much and his roommate isn't around.
My question now is how can it be managed? cuz it's really affecting everybody cuz It's affecting their studies, I'm exhausted right now cuz anytime it happens it's ends with me borrowing funds to send to them and lastly it's sucks happiness out of the atmosphere as hearing a teenager weeping and knowing you can't do anything about it is saddening.

I've seen some people asking if they as AS can also marry AS please and please don't try it as you'll just be bringing innocent kids here just to suffer. The trauma of you seeing your kids in pain sef no be here.

I'd have loved my write up to be well detailed but the little I wrote up there took up to an hour cuz my phone is bad.

Its is only in Nigeria I hear of this.
Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by spiceadole: 4:13am On Dec 01, 2023
Yemike:

Medical doctors will counsel and advise you people but No..you won't listen because that's not what you want to hear.
Instead,you will come to social media to ask laypeople in order to hear what you want..
Goodluck
Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by michlins(m): 4:19am On Dec 01, 2023
descarado:

Depending on their church. As far back as early 80s, the Catholic church will not wed you. You must bring lab result. I think they still do it.
na lie sir. My parents got married in the 80s and are Catholics without anything like tests done

3 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Emekayoung(m): 4:34am On Dec 01, 2023
Yemike:

How many people are aware of genotype back then?
Don't mind that pig
Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Maj196(m): 4:35am On Dec 01, 2023
The only effective cure for SCD is a complete bone marrow transplant
Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Caseless: 4:37am On Dec 01, 2023
remzytimer:
what's this
Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Caseless: 4:39am On Dec 01, 2023
spiceadole:

Medical doctors will counsel and advise you people but No..you won't listen because that's not what you want to hear.
Instead,you will come to social media to ask laypeople in order to hear what you want..
Goodluck
You heard him saying his parents are old - no one does that genotype test in those days. We were just lucky.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Am Tired Of My Oyinbo Wife / Pastor Joel Obazee & Wife Welcome A Baby After 13 Years Of Waiting (Photos) / My Husband Uses Aboniki, Mentholatum And Powder To Have Sex With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.