Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 - Religion (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 (11431 Views)

2020/2021 Prophecies By Child-of-god John-sogbete Princewill / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha / See Who Mocked God: John Lennon (singer): Some Years Ago, During His Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 8:30pm On Dec 10, 2023
oteneaaron:
Dear tctrills,

Don't allow MaxInDHouse to gaslight you.

We know his modus operandi - evidence choke.

He only accuses others of exactly what he does.

Funny enough, this is exactly how the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses operates.

tctrills is familiar with MaxinDHouse well well. I remember the day he was in discussion MaxInDHouse, MaxInDHouse could not advance his lies and manipulations so he decided to blackmail him using his post related to other things on nairaland grin grin grin grin

When MaxInDHouse and his crew are cornered, they start looking every means to project their ways on others grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:48pm On Dec 10, 2023
tctrills:

No one is asking you to rejoice. But it's easy to know when we love or when we don't.
Again are you the light or the darkness?

What are the characteristics of LIGHT? smiley

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:32pm On Dec 10, 2023
@ tctrills
These are the characteristics:

*Where there is darkness as thick as semi liquid light will shine through for everyone to see.

*So from the north, east, west and south all eyes will focus on the light.

*Whoever is with the light will be noticed by all and they will all talk about such one.

*The light bearer will see the stain in the body of all those in darkness so he can tell what is wrong in each of them and because he is holding the light all eyes will be on him but as for those in darkness they can't see one another therefore when you ask them what they're seeing they will all continue talking about the light bearer.

*The colour of his dress, his height, his skin color, his haircut, his shoe and everything else they will see but they won't even see themselves.

*Light attracts all eyes while darkness is not noticed by anyone.

So do you agree with this description or not?

If you agree use that for screening! wink

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 9:44pm On Dec 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

What are the characteristics of LIGHT? smiley

Are you the light or darkness grin grin grin

That's the question before your madness and insanities peddling brains grin

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 9:50pm On Dec 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Of course they are my neighbours so i must love them {Mark 12:31} they're the ones following me from thread to thread as if i'm their enemy yet Jesus commanded me to love them {Luke 6:27-28} what they're worried about is the LOYAL LOVE i have for my fellow believers which Jesus commanded me! John 13:34-35

That's what they're agitating against they don't want such preference whereas it's our Lord, Master and King Christ Jesus that commanded us to have such love among our fellow believers if we want to be his friend! John 15:12-13 wink

As if I am their enemy grin grin grin grin grin

You will assume darkness on people's head in order to look good. Definitely the hatred is embedded deep in your heart the reason for the insult and abuse, name calling and labels grin grin grin grin

Out of the abundance of your heart you speak as if I am their enemy grin grin grin Have I ever call you my enemy? Na so so lies and manipulations full your madness and insanities peddling brains. This thread is Exposing that continuously grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 9:59pm On Dec 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
@ tctrills

*Where there is darkness as thick as semi liquid light will shine through for everyone to see.

*Whoever is with the light will be noticed by all and they will all talk about such one.

*The light bearer will see the stain in the body of all those in darkness so he can tell what is wrong in each of them and because he is holding the light all eyes will be on him but as for those in darkness they can't see one another therefore when you ask them what they're seeing they will all continue talking about the light bearer.

*The colour of his dress, his height, his skin color, his haircut, his shoe and everything else they will see but they won't even see themselves.

Are you the light or the darkness. Keep your characteristics.

Light attracts all eyes while darkness is not noticed by anyone.

Liar and manipulator darkness can be noticed just like light. Add that to your madness and insanities peddling brains grin grin

Let's rephrase..... Good attracts all eyes while evil is not noticed by anyone. grin grin grin grin

The reason I say your name is synonyms for lies on nairaland

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
@ tctrills

Anyone can boast to be in the light and to condemn others to the darkness.
The only way we know who is in the dark is by having these discussions and looking out for who's practices and believes are in line with the scriptures.
If you claim anyone is in the dark, you need to show which of their actions or practices are against the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:55am On Dec 11, 2023
tctrills:

Anyone can boast to be in the light and to condemn others to the darkness.
The only way we know who is in the dark is by having these discussions and looking out for who's practices and believes are in line with the scriptures. If you claim anyone is in the dark, you need to show which of their actions or practices are against the scriptures.

The SYMBOLIC TERM LIGHT is what you want us to figure out don't forget that there is no specific book that we can all agree upon when using such an illustration,
Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Traditionalists, Christendom, Jews and many others have their own books they revere as HOLY SCRIPTURES so we can't use any of their books as yardstick to determine this that's why Jesus of Nazareth used a symbol that's best fitting instead of a yardstick that may lead to unnecessary arguments due to different opinions and books the best thing to do is to use the CHARACTERISTICS of light.

That day Jesus used light as a symbol of truth even people from the east who may not agree with what Jewish prophets penned down in the book Jesus and his Jewish people are using as yardstick will agree with that illustration but they won't take what the Jewish books say as yardstick to determine whose religion is right.

When i mentioned light and darkness note that i never say i am the light neither do i say i am it's bearer so don't give yourself unnecessary headache by quoting books that some of your friends here don't even believe as truth the characteristics of LIGHT is enough for everyone unless you're no longer comfortable using that symbolic term: "LIGHT"

Walahi talahi Jesus is truly the world's most wonderful counselor of all time! Isaiah 9:6 smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 6:03am On Dec 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The SYMBOLIC TERM LIGHT is what you want us to figure out don't forget that there is no specific book that we can all agree upon when using such an illustration,
Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Traditionalists, Christendom, Jews and many others have their own books they revere as HOLY SCRIPTURES so we can't use any of their books as yardstick to determine this that's why Jesus of Nazareth used a symbol that's best fitting instead of a yardstick that may lead to unnecessary arguments due to different opinions and books the best thing to do is to use the CHARACTERISTICS of light.

That day Jesus used light as a symbol of truth even people from the east who may not agree with what Jewish prophets penned down in the book Jesus and his Jewish people are using as yardstick will agree with that illustration but they won't take what the Jewish books say as yardstick to determine whose religion is right.

When i mentioned light and darkness note that i never say i am the light neither do i say i am it's bearer so don't give yourself unnecessary headache by quoting books that some of your friends here don't even believe as truth the characteristics of LIGHT is enough for everyone unless you're no longer comfortable using that symbolic term: "LIGHT"

Walahi talahi Jesus is truly the world's most wonderful counselor of all time! Isaiah 9:6 smiley
I wish I understand what you are talking about. But from the little I gathered, you have clarified that you are not the light and I agree with you.
The words of Jesus Christ are, 'Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven.'
You want people to see your honesty, consistency, and love.
And you are right, we all don't believe in the same book but still you should be true to your beliefs.
If you believe in the bible, be true to it. You don't only agree when it aligns with your doctrine.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:40am On Dec 11, 2023
tctrills:

I wish I understand what you are talking about. But from the little I gathered, you have clarified that you are not the light and I agree with you.
The words of Jesus Christ are, 'Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven.'
You want people to see your honesty, consistency, and love.
And you are right, we all don't believe in the same book but still you should be true to your beliefs.
If you believe in the bible, be true to it. You don't only agree when it aligns with your doctrine.

You missed the message!

Jesus told his disciples:

You are the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when located on a mountain. People light a lamp and set it, not under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it shines on all those in the house "
In another setting Jesus said:

"Now this is the basis for judgment: that the light has come into the world, but men have loved the darkness rather than the light, for their works were wicked. For whoever practices vile things hates the light and does not come to the light, so that his works may not be reproved. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that his works may be made manifest as having been done in harmony with God" John 3:19-21

All of these will not make any sense if you're trashing the CHARACTERISTICS OF LIGHT.

So my friend honesty will guide you here as you meditate on the characteristics of light to know who are the disciples of this man from Nazareth today?

Jesus is the light that came to the world not his disciples they were also part of the world that's in darkness before he came but as soon as they bear the message of light all eyes were fixed on them and everyone starts expecting them to be perfect.
Why?
Because they're helping honest hearted and sincere individuals to come into the camp of light where all eyes are fixed.
None of Jesus' disciples in the first century meet the standard you're setting with your interpretation of the light but the world of their time singled out that group as different from all others:

“We have not received letters about you from Ju·deʹa, nor have any of the brothers who came from there reported or spoken anything bad about you (Paul) But we think it proper to hear from you what your thoughts are, for truly as regards this sect (group) we know that it is spoken against everywhere. Act 22:28

The above statement was what the honest hearted and sincere Jews said to apostle Paul just as none of your friends here have anything against me as a person but against the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses they're ready to welcome any bad report just to publicize it as if such doesn't happen elsewhere.

So my friend i am just one out of millions that's bearing the light if i stop being a JW today all your friends will like to see me talking against the organization whether it's true or not but as long as i speak for the organization they will not relent in accusing me.

It's well because Jesus has strengthened us with the assurance that we will be hated for bearing the light! Matthew 24:9 wink
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 6:44am On Dec 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You missed the message!

Jesus told his disciples:

You are the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when located on a mountain. People light a lamp and set it, not under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it shines on all those in the house "
In another setting Jesus said:

"Now this is the basis for judgment: that the light has come into the world, but men have loved the darkness rather than the light, for their works were wicked. For whoever practices vile things hates the light and does not come to the light, so that his works may not be reproved. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that his works may be made manifest as having been done in harmony with God" John 3:19-21

All of these will not make any sense if you're trashing the CHARACTERISTICS OF LIGHT.

So my friend honesty will guide you here as you meditate on the characteristics of light to know who are the disciples of this man from Nazareth today?

Jesus is the light that came to the world not his disciples they were also part of the world that's in darkness before he came but as soon as they bear the message of light all eyes were fixed on them and everyone starts expecting them to be perfect.
Why?
Because they're helping honest hearted and sincere individuals to come into the camp of light where all eyes are fixed.
None of Jesus' disciples in the first century meet the standard you're setting with your interpretation of the light but the world of their time singled out that group as different from all others:

“We have not received letters about you from Ju·deʹa, nor have any of the brothers who came from there reported or spoken anything bad about you (Paul) But we think it proper to hear from you what your thoughts are, for truly as regards this sect (group) we know that it is spoken against everywhere. Act 22:28

The above statement was what the honest hearted and sincere Jews said to apostle Paul just as none of your friends here have anything against me as a person but against the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses they're ready to welcome any bad report just to publicize it as if such doesn't happen elsewhere.

So my friend i am just one out of millions that's bearing the light if i stop being a JW today all your friends will like to see me talking against the organization whether it's true or not but as long as i speak for the organization they will not relent in accusing me.

It's well because Jesus has strengthened us with the assurance that we will be hated for bearing the light! Matthew 24:9 wink

Oga you made another false pronouncement. You claim Jesus is the light and not his disciples.
But Jesus Christ told his disciples, You are the light of the world. Who do we believe you or Jesus Christ?

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:57am On Dec 11, 2023
tctrills:

Oga you made another false pronouncement. You claim Jesus is the light and not his disciples. But Jesus Christ told his disciples, You are the light of the world. Who do we believe you or Jesus Christ?

Who is the light that came to the world, Jesus or his disciples who were born sinners? John 3:19 smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

16 "gods" that share the same story with jesus / The Ten Commandments Of Human Relations / Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.