Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. (26712 Views)

It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays / Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by jmoore(m): 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2023
Yes, to Niger republic, Cameroon, etc.
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Benwallt(m): 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2023
cybernaut:
oga, listen carefully and stop unnecessary argue. In benin republic their government provide all the basic amenities for them eg good road,steady metered electricity and steady metered water supply etc which our government denied it from us. Please what else do we need from the government if not the basic amenities. Because u look down on them as a small country but they are better than you that called yourself giant of Africa but ordinary amenities they can't provide for your citizens. Travel and see

Oh boy!
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:44pm On Dec 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Please let us be pragmatic on this topic.
I need seasoned tourists and travel agents to throw more light on this.
Is it possible especially for a common man ?

The question should have been whether #1m would be able to take you from your house to the nearest international airport.

Naira has no value now, courtesy of the City Boy and his Bala Blu economics.

8 Likes

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by DanielsParker(m): 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2023
Lol. I don’t think so.
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by moneyissweet(m): 1:47pm On Dec 10, 2023
Better stay in Nigeria and invest that 1m. Even your 1m can't japa you to Cotonou because when you convert 1 m NGN to CFA you will get 490k CFA which can't even rent you a one room in Benin republic.

11 Likes

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Rejouir: 1:48pm On Dec 10, 2023
To kenya
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by micmond: 1:48pm On Dec 10, 2023
Yes bro. Egypt, Eritrea, south Sudan. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by DanielsParker(m): 1:48pm On Dec 10, 2023
moneyissweet:
Better stay in Nigeria and invest that 1m. Even your 1m can't japa you to Cotonou because when you convert 1 m NGN to CFA you will get 490k CFA which can't even rent you a one room in Benin republic.

For real?

3 Likes

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by BJanta: 1:52pm On Dec 10, 2023
Definitely. But just behind the Nigerian border.
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by nairamaniac: 1:54pm On Dec 10, 2023
Yes 1 Million naira can.do the Job.
Just budget that 1m for feeding, and buying of Pain Killers. Cos you would have occasional legpains while embacking on trecking to the country of your choice from Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Yestogood: 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
It can take you to Ghana with proper planning, sacrifices and cautious spending.

Not at all.
Always assume that you will fend for yourself for a while before you are able to.find something to do. Your small stash will soon be used up.
Remember that CFA franc and just about every other African currency are way more valuable than the naira.
Humble yourself o. Living in someone else's land can be rough.

4 Likes

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by RepoMan007: 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2023
cybernaut:
oga, listen carefully and stop unnecessary argue. In benin republic their government provide all the basic amenities for them eg good road,steady metered electricity and steady metered water supply etc which our government denied it from us. Please what else do we need from the government if not the basic amenities. Because u look down on them as a small country but they are better than you that called yourself giant of Africa but ordinary amenities they can't provide for your citizens. Travel and see
average naija man is willing to accept misery with company. That's why they celebrate giant status in poverty conditions.

6 Likes

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by CoronaVirusPro: 1:57pm On Dec 10, 2023
Yestogood:

Not at all.
Always assume that you will fend for yourself for a while before you are able to.find something to do. Your small stash will soon be used up.
Remember that CFA franc and just about every other African currency are way more valuable than the naira.
Humble yourself o. Living in someone else's land can be rough.

Nigerians will hate you if you tell them to stay back!

In this season, even when you know it will end in doom, you still have to encourage them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Mcslize: 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:

Not at all. Only flight ticket will gulp it. I recently checked flight tickets to my dream country, I saw 1.5 million to 2 million for flight for qatarairways. That 1.5million is if you book 2-3 months ahead.

Even if you consider going to any Africa country, you can't survive on that 1 million.
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by PepeXKermit: 1:59pm On Dec 10, 2023
Unclebayo:
Una go just open mouth waaaaa, If you travel to other African(black) countries, you’ll realize Nigeria is really doing well than those hell.

You can tell a Tinubu Ssupporter by how they talk. country wey their currentcy dey do better than yours. Inflation for your country dey more than 100%, you say u dey do better than other places wey dey stable? you must be a joker.

Tell me what you bought this time last year that has not doubled in price? Agabado FC fan

3 Likes

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by jrusky(m): 1:59pm On Dec 10, 2023
Oh you are listening to that fake Tinubu supporter telling youth if you have 1m japa baa? Ok na. No worry with 1m you will reach Seme Border shebi you wan japa? No wahala.
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by BloomingDale(f): 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2023
Peterpanny:
1 million naira is equivalent to $10,000 going by my rough estimation.
I think $10,000 can take you to most European countries.
That money will actually cover the entire cost of your japaism.

I million is roughly $1000.

4 Likes

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by godwon01(m): 2:01pm On Dec 10, 2023
U can use 1 million naira to Cotonue or Portonovoe in Benin republic.
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Dennisochampa: 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2023
When Ipob terrorists finally get their wish of biafra.... From Lagos to biafra.... Before u spend the 1m finish.... U go don reach.... Outside Nigeria??
Flight alone to UK don take like 80 to 90 percent of that 1m.....so think wisely... Invest the 1k into a business and if you're successful, come and ask this question in maybe 3 or 4 years from now!!!
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by sylve11: 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2023
Warmaterial:
is true that you have not traveled out of Nigeria before, when you do your tone go change. Do that mistake by travelling with this your mentality to all this local champions countries Alaye I dey tell you say even to get transport fare run comot from there no easy.

😆 🤣 cool
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by humberjade: 2:03pm On Dec 10, 2023
Yes, but it can only only take you to other African countries, and doubt if it is even enough to transport you via the desert/Mediterranean Sea, the most dangerous japa route.
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Peterpanny: 2:04pm On Dec 10, 2023
BloomingDale:

I million is roughly $1000.
I know am trying to give that nigga high hope.the guy Is still assuming 1m as tangible money.

1 Like

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by BigDawsNet: 2:04pm On Dec 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:

Some Afrcian countries
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Bacteriologist(m): 2:04pm On Dec 10, 2023
Look into Benin Republic. They have 24/7 light, excellent roads, a serene environment and a generally working government, particularly in cotonou.

Nigeria has none of these. The only thing with Cotonou is you need to have an online job cos I don't there are many opportunities there compared to Nigeria.

But the country is massively improving.

You can learn more from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXUxIqGGf98&pp=ygUXQmVuaW4gcmVwdWJsaWMgTmlnZXJpYSA%3D

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by zyphr(m): 2:07pm On Dec 10, 2023
Hoelujohn:

I can guarantee you safe passage to Cotonou via Idiroko boarder.

Please do you leave close to the border? What's the current naira to XOF exchange rate?
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Sonfethopia: 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2023
Peterpanny:
1 million naira is equivalent to $10,000 going by my rough estimation.
I think $10,000 can take you to most European countries.
That money will actually cover the entire cost of your japaism.

10k usd is 10m not 1m
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by 1972xy: 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2023
Yes.
A million can take you to Ghana, Mali, Cameroon Togo
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Bacteriologist(m): 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2023
PepeXKermit:

You can tell a Tinubu Ssupporter by how they talk. country wey their currentcy dey do better than yours. Inflation for your country dey more than 100%, you say u dey do better than other places wey dey stable? you must be a joker.

Tell me what you bought this time last year that has not doubled in price? Agabado FC fan

Many Nigerians have a main character syndrome.

They don't understand many nations have moved ahead of us and some are still moving.

Giant of Africa without 24/7 light.

Maybe Its our population that's deceiving us.

3 Likes

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by eepeepook: 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2023
Short answer: yes.

Long answer: there are Benin Republic, Niger Republic, Togo, Mali, Ghana and a few other African countries you can visit via road.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses / Is It Only Those That Did Science Related Courses That Get Jobs Abroad? / Pictures Of Most Haunted Places In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.