Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children (9692 Views)

FG Confirms Payment Of N5000 Stipend To Unemployed Youth Next Year / Aregbesola Begins Payment Of Osun Workers’ Salaries / Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children by kcjazz(m): 2:30am On Nov 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

₦ 100 a month, in Nigeria will cover the cost of Family lost wages  God have mercy on your dear LYING soul!!! I feel so much pity for you ehn!!! ROFL

When folks reply to you the way you deserve, you get angry and say they are attacking your person. And here you are calling me a lie
I am realistic, folks in the village do not pay rent, service generators or buy water (at least in my village). Do you think the kid that hawks oranges in Owerri makes N100 profit a day? That is the lost family wage I am talking about. The hours he/she spends in the farm (without pay or school) for the family good, thats a lost wage.

Is it enough? No! But it is a start and the government can do it. The idea that money is small and hence should not be used is the core to our problems in Nigeria today. We have no value for small things.
Lunch program + Books + Uniform + 100/month sounds like a good deal for the kids, all they need to do is to tie it to results and maintain continuity.
You don't have to agree with me but there is really poverty in this nation
Re: Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children by Kobojunkie: 5:59am On Nov 07, 2011
BUZZ!!!! Wrong move!! grin grin grin grin grin

Again, the question was how does Naira 100 a month amount to covering of family lost wages? You make it sound as if ALL poor people send their kids out to hawk. ROFL

May God save your LYING soul!
Re: Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children by renewnaija(m): 10:25am On Nov 07, 2011
kcjazz:

When folks reply to you the way you deserve, you get angry and say they are attacking your person. And here you are calling me a lie
I am realistic, folks in the village do not pay rent, service generators or buy water (at least in my village). Do you think the kid that hawks oranges in Owerri makes N100 profit a day? That is the lost family wage I am talking about. The hours he/she spends in the farm (without pay or school) for the family good, thats a lost wage.

Is it enough? No! But it is a start and the government can do it. The idea that money is small and hence should not be used is the core to our problems in Nigeria today. We have no value for small things.
Lunch program + Books + Uniform + 100/month sounds like a good deal for the kids, all they need to do is to tie it to results and maintain continuity.
You don't have to agree with me but there is really poverty in this nation

Well said bro. Just wished the so called literate ppl here can understand all these subtle points. You dont need to shout or insult ppl to get your point across.
Re: Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children by tpia5: 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2011
I'm not sure paying them actual cash is necessary.

What will they use the money for?

It might be better to give them meals and school supplies.

The money could have simply been placed in bank accounts for them to access ongraduation or when they reach a certain age. Or be used towards furthering their education.

Its a good thought but at the same time others might influence them to develop bad spending habits - remember drug dealers are everywhere.

I hope the teachers are also receiving some incentive?
Re: Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children by ndukwejoe(m): 12:24pm On Nov 07, 2011
Will this programme last. Any child who pass through this programme for a very long time will love his country.
More power to rochas you ve my vote come 2015.
Re: Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children by presido1: 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2011
The idea may not sound too ideal but what will happen if Rochas decide to pocket all those funds for himself like others before him did. We will only shout and rain abuses on him while he smile to the bank with our money and believe me nothing will happen to him. As a Nigerian politician the alternative(which we all know) of not giving to Imolites is worse.
Re: Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children by Kobojunkie: 12:30am On Nov 08, 2011
Fine! Ohakim should have spent the money he looted on buying everyone in the state a bar of Chocolate each. That would have been better right?? Instead of stealing, it is better Politicians waste our money instead, huh?   undecided undecided undecided undecided See yeye excuses for pete's sake!
Re: Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children by gists: 6:46am On Nov 08, 2011
presido1:

The idea may not sound too ideal but what will happen if Rochas decide to pocket all those funds for himself like others before him did. We will only shout and rain abuses on him while he smile to the bank with our money and believe me nothing will happen to him. As a Nigerian politician the alternative(which we all know) of not giving to Imolites is worse.

Well I'm sorry ooo, as far as I can understand, state money is for lasting and meaningful developmental purposes be it infrastructural or human. Whatever action a serving governor takes that does not serve the people or even hut them (like this on in the long run) is just as bad no matter how it is polished. We hear he is grading roads and even has a zero-pot-hole team. Such initiative are very much welcome. What stops him from using the money he is dolling out to buy school buses FREE of charge (can even be exclusive for school children). Thereby creating more jobs - Remember people will be employed to drive, maintain and manage those buses. That will be much better and looks more sustaining that doling out N100/month.

My question is when our dear fresh air gej finally remove fuel subsidy and the price of everything you can think of goes up, would you people recommend an increase in the 100s of million recurring expenditure in the name N100/month bribe? Presently the bribe comes down to N4.5/day (based on22 school days in a month). By the time the subsidy is removed it will probably be N0.01/day, so you guys will suggest an increment abi?
Re: Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children by jpphilips(m): 1:07pm On Nov 09, 2011
@ Eko-ile

He was elected to be the governor of imo state, he was elected to build schools, hospitals, roads, not to be a philanthropist and give away all the tax payers money without investing in needed capital infrastructures needed to sustain generations to come.

Are the Imolites complaining? did your vote count during his election? till then i wont answer you

We know the best gift remains better and functioning schools and learning environment for kids in any society that kids from generations to generations will benefit from, not some idiotic goody goody free money giveaway that benefits no one, not even the kids.

who are the "WE"? i don't get it who are you referring to as "WE"?

Your peter and Paul nonsense remains your own fabrication.

If the man is not sacrificing infrastructures for free money give away everyday to buy popularity, show us what he has done besides sacking thousands of people and dishing money away like there's no tomorrow.

so after reading this;

Did he tell you that he is robbing peter to pay Paul? how did you come to the above conclusion that the Gov. is sacrificing infrastructures for stipends?

you came up with the above, there is a furrow between reading and understanding, my advise for you, quit Masturbatin.g while reading my post.

You mean only non albino people can see all the infrastructures the man has built?, LMAO. You are even worse that I thought.

Ok, not to worry, Rochas is looking for a special adviser on BINGO matters there your voice will be heard,
see Albino wan pour sand sand for children Garri. what do you know?
Re: Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children by richerdex: 9:01am On Nov 19, 2011
I am enjoying the constructive criticisms on this thread. smiley

If I understand correctly, he is not saying N100 will be enough to keep the students going, but it is an incentive to go to school. It doesn't matter if it gets blown in 1 okada ride, the fact remains that the children will be better of with N100 than without it. And it is a way to make the children get educated rather than sell pure water on the streets and being exposed to all sorts of nonsense from prostitution to ritual killers,

I think it is a great idea and he is not the first to do it. In the western world, in particular france and australia (I am sure of these two) the kids there get stipends and allowances. I do not see why we can't allow our own God given children to enjoy.

I think it is the thought that counts.
Re: Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children by Okijajuju1(m): 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2011
France and Imo State na mate?!

Imo State no get anything!! I repeat!! IMO STATE HAS GOT NOTHING!

Abia Has Ariaria Market, Anambra has got Iweka and Main Market what has Imo State got?!

No road, no industries, nothing!!

Rochas will share all Imo States allocation to everyone and in the end, the state will be poorer than it already is and still remain as bad as it is now!!

I say impeach the lunatic before its too late!! angry
Re: Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children by alexleo(m): 5:01pm On Nov 22, 2011
@Okija_juju,
You should know that the biggest industry in Imo state is EDUCATION so stop saying that Imo has nothing.
Re: Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 22, 2011
Okija_juju:

France and Imo State na mate?!

Imo State no get anything!! I repeat!! IMO STATE HAS GOT NOTHING!

Abia Has Ariaria Market, Anambra has got Iweka and Main Market what has Imo State got?!

No road, no industries, nothing!!

Rochas will share all Imo States allocation to everyone and in the end, the state will be poorer than it already is and still remain as bad as it is now!!

I say impeach the lunatic before its too late!!  angry

Have you been smoking mango leaves?

What sort of nonsense talk is this?
Re: Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2011
alexleo:

@Okija_juju,
You should know that[b] the biggest industry in Imo state is EDUCATION[/b] so stop saying that Imo has nothing.

Re: Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children by Okijajuju1(m): 9:16am On Nov 23, 2011
^^^ My dear follow me laugh o!!

I think I have heard it all on Nairaland!

1 Federal University

1 very rundown State University

and 1 Polytechnique are the industires in IMO State!!! shocked

I laugh !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Congressman In Nigeria To Discuss ISIS & Boko Haram / Dapchi- Freed Schoolgirls Sing The National Anthem As Buhari Receives Them / Aisha Buhari, Sani Baban-Inna N2.5 Billion Scandal: Probe Your Wife - PDP To PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.