Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner (11356 Views)

Ubunja is just an insecure man / Are You An Alpha Male Or Just An Insecure Dude? (photo) / "My Insecure Boyfriend Sniffs My Vagina" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by Dense1512v(m): 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
Wakatumbit:
My wife is very insecure and it's making me tired.
She's always suspicious of everything, I can't go out, I can't answer calls.
The worst part is that she will be keeping malice with me cus she's suspecting me, she won't even say anything to me.

If a someone who I don't want to talk to calls me on my phone, and I decline the call, she will take offense. There was a day my mum was calling me and I didn't answer the call on time, she became mad that it was a woman calling and I don't want to answer the call.

If I tell her I'm going to the gym in the evening she will become suspicious. I can't even talk to my clients who are females in her presence because she Will be always jealous.

As I write this, she isn't talking to me cus I went to the gym yesterday evening.

I'm tired. She has never caught me cheating before because it's something I don't do
You are saying one sided super story
Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by KingLennon(m): 10:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
bigpicture001:

u don't get it...this is a norm in a childless marriage...or a brand new marriage...u see the wife complain

1. about husband not coming back home on time

2. not taking her out with him

3. hanging out too much with friends

4. not eating much at home

5. not talking much to her at home

6. always on chat

7. talking to other ladies nd sh is jealous

8. being so lonely

9. not doing enough in bed..

its Normal..as OP, its a new marriage or a childless one

but when sh is busy with a baby and job, trying to balance both...sh wo t even remember u again...u wi b the one begging for her attention
She can be busy with the baby and still be toxic. She can stress you with nagging and you don't have any choice but pity her sad

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by MrJARG(m): 10:54pm On Dec 21, 2023
Antoeni:
Ladies Please interpret this picture. Guys What do you think
This theme of this picture is on ABORTION
Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by VICTOR4LYF(m): 11:03pm On Dec 21, 2023
eazzzy1:
It is your duty to make your partner secure. If she doesn’t want you to go out, insist on her coming with you. When you receive calls from female clients put your phone on speaker and keep the call short and straight to business.

Give her access to your phone and the right to go through it whenever she wants. Let her be able to answer your calls if you aren’t willing or available to answer. She is suspecting you because you have given her a reason to and only you can give her a reason to trust you.

In my opinion, getting angry over a partner’s insecurity is usually proof of guilt. If you were innocent her insecurity will be cute to you.
This is a bad & terrible advice
Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by Caseless: 11:15pm On Dec 21, 2023
eazzzy1:
It is your duty to make your partner secure. If she doesn’t want you to go out, insist on her coming with you. When you receive calls from female clients put your phone on speaker and keep the call short and straight to business.

Give her access to your phone and the right to go through it whenever she wants. Let her be able to answer your calls if you aren’t willing or available to answer. She is suspecting you because you have given her a reason to and only you can give her a reason to trust you.

In my opinion, getting angry over a partner’s insecurity is usually proof of guilt. If you were innocent her insecurity will be cute to you.
Not that easy, bro. It's like being accused of what you didn't do. It'd hurt you and might push you into doing it.
Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by VULCAN(m): 11:24pm On Dec 21, 2023
This is a statement that reeks of ignorance

No trained therapist in the world would make such a callous statement.

People with low self esteem are rarely worth the trouble to marry whether male or female.

Nothing you do will ever satisfy them.

Because they are prisoners of their own negative imagination they will keep on conjuring up scenarios in their head that have NOTHING to do with reality.

They will keep saying and doing things that will eventually lead to the realisation of their expectations.

This is because your life moves in the direction of your dominant thought. If every day you are focused on thoughts of your partner cheating from Sunup to sundown, you will engage in behaviours that will create the very conditions that torment you.

That's what is termed a self fulfilling prophecy.

The woman needs the help of a therapist who has significant experience in dealing with low self esteem bases issues.

eazzzy1:

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by 2packer(m): 2:42am On Dec 22, 2023
Just look within you. Ask your self what you are doing that is fueling her insecurities. Then make necessary adjustments. Better communication, reassuring her of your love always and being super plain and straight forward could just do the majic
Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by Munzy14(m): 5:41am On Dec 22, 2023
Wakatumbit:
The worst part is that she will be keeping malice with me cus she's suspecting me, she won't even say anything to me.

If a someone who I don't want to talk to calls me on my phone, and I decline the call, she will take offense. There was a day my mum was calling me and I didn't answer the call on time, she became mad that it was a woman calling and I don't want to answer the call.

If I tell her I'm going to the gym in the evening she will become suspicious. I can't even talk to my clients who are females in her presence because she Will be always jealous.

As I write this, she isn't talking to me cus I went to the gym yesterday evening.

I'm tired. She has never caught me cheating before because it's something I don't do
You know she was like that before you married her na.

By the way, why can't you talk to your female clients in your wife's presence? I thought you guys have become one after the wedding?..smh.

You know what you are doing, that made her become suspicious of your movement.
Women are dangerous investigators, If the mean am for you...She has ran undercover CID on you..

Go and clear yourself, for peace to reign.
Make It a sought of nobody owns a particular phone between you two.

And, you can take her along to the gym.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by v2: 10:17am On Dec 22, 2023
Sorry bro.

That's the worse thing that can happen to anyone.
If you are not tough enough, it can wear you out, depression or high blood pressure sets in and if not properly managed, death.

I am in the same shoes as you and finally decided to leave for my mental and physical health.

That's how they are wired and it may not get better.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by Wakatumbit: 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2023
v2:
Sorry bro.

That's the worse thing that can happen to anyone.
If you are not tough enough, it can wear you out, depression or high blood pressure sets in and if not properly managed, death.

I am in the same shoes as you and finally decided to leave for my mental and physical health.

That's how they are wired and it may not get better.

What happened with yours?
Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by Myer(m): 12:48pm On Dec 22, 2023
Wakatumbit:

This story is not adding up.
Your wife suspects your every call all of a sudden?
What changed?
Do you hide things from her?
How us your communication together?
Is she also hiding things from you?

Youay nit have committed the actual physical cheating but I suspect you're wmotionally cheating on her.
Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by VICTOR4LYF(m): 12:07am On Dec 23, 2023
VULCAN:
This is a statement that reeks of ignorance

No trained therapist in the world would make such a callous statement.

People with low self esteem are rarely worth the trouble to marry whether male or female.

Nothing you do will ever satisfy them.

Because they are prisoners of their own negative imagination they will keep on conjuring up scenarios in their head that have NOTHING to do with reality.

They will keep saying and doing things that will eventually lead to the realisation of their expectations.

This is because your life moves in the direction of your dominant thought. If every day you are focused on thoughts of your partner cheating from Sunup to sundown, you will engage in behaviours that will create the very conditions that torment you.

That's what is termed a self fulfilling prophecy.

The woman needs the help of a therapist who has significant experience in dealing with low self esteem bases issues.

God bless you so much for this post
Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by VICTOR4LYF(m): 12:12am On Dec 23, 2023
Pimine:

The only response that makes sense!
His response doesn't make any sense at all
Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by VICTOR4LYF(m): 12:19am On Dec 23, 2023
elmagnifico411:
U want him to take her everywhere so she can embarrass him at the slightest chance she gets, abi? Some people are not ready to change ni matter what u do. That's how a friend took his wife for a gathering and she embarrassed him Infront of a female colleague. Who does that? Being married now means u won't talk a female again in this life?. Unsecured fellas should get a hold of themeselves and deal with the issues themselves. If u accuse me continuously of what I know nothing about, the only way to combat u and be free is to kuku so that which you've been accusing me of.. so when u talk ill let u know u pushed me out with your never ending complains. If marriage go end, make he end. Insecured fellas should get a life abeg.
God bless you so much for this post

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by VICTOR4LYF(m): 12:21am On Dec 23, 2023
SPAMBOX7:
9 times out of 10 when a woman is overly insecure is because she also has too many skeletons in her cupboard. Na evil people dey dey fear evil pass. Cos they always think someone is going to do to them what they have been doing.
You are 100% correct
Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by Pimine: 3:56pm On Dec 23, 2023
VICTOR4LYF:

His response doesn't make any sense at all
OK sir!
Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by v2: 2:32pm On Dec 24, 2023
Wakatumbit:

What happened with yours?

Endless suspicion. Same with everything you described and it even ended with me having another wife and children that I am not aware of.

I started receiving a behavior of a man with two wives in my house.

The toxicity became out of this world.
And when you mix toxicity with extreme religiousness, spiritual suspicious creeped into the mix
Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by jaxxy(m): 8:51pm On Dec 30, 2023
Wakatumbit:

So when u were dating her u didn't know she was insecure? or u saw it bt didn't care now u are complaining?

people are insecure for many reasons it could be because of her past relationships or something that she was told or indoctrinated into or from experiences of her friends or even her personality.

Find out the reason for her insecurity then tackle it from there.
Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by Silentgroper(m): 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2023
Fahvvy:
If this was a girlfriend boyfriend matter, I would immediately advice you to du.mp her sorry a.ss undecided...

I mean, why should I be stressed out because you're unwilling to deal with your insecurities when I can find someone much more mature and secure undecided...

Alas! This isn't relationship, it's marriage, so it gets a bit dicey undecided...

I believe you should have a heart to heart conversation with her and help her deal with her insecurities, try to win her trust in certain regards - it should help with that undecided...

Na your wife, you no fit troway am undecided...
So you better try and get to the bottom of this before it ruins your marriage undecided...

Last I recall, divorcing isn't illegal..
Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by BodyCount: 3:35pm On Feb 19
Wakatumbit:

This is what you get when you engage yourself with non-virgins.

THEY REMEMBER EVERYTHING THEY USED TO DO, ALL THEIR GAMES ETC, AND THEY IMAGINE THAT YOU'RE DOING THE SAME THING.

I'M SURE NO BE U DISVIRGIN HER AND U DON'T EVEN KNOW HER TRUE BODYCOUNT...
Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by BodyCount: 3:41pm On Feb 19
eazzzy1:

A sensible man will only do this with a woman of value.
A woman who's absolutely committed and loyal.
Most of this girls in marriage were once oloshos sleeping with various guys, double dating and playing games before marriage.
THEY IMAGINE THEIR SPOUSE TO BE DOING THE SAME THING THEY USE TO DO...
In marriage, they expect their unfortunate husband to be loyal and committed to them alone. This is nonsense.

A GIRL YOU DIDN'T MEET AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT DESERVE ABSOLUTE FIDELITY FROM YOU.
IF SHE'S DATED MULTIPLE GUYS AND EVEN MARRIED MEN BEFORE MARRIAGE, SHE DOESN'T NOT DESERVE TO HAVE AND ENJOY HER OWN HUSBAND TO HERSELF ALONE.
Re: What Do You Do When You Have An Insecure Partner by BodyCount: 3:48pm On Feb 19
Antoeni:
Ladies Please interpret this picture.
Guys What do you think
My name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. / Ladies How Would You React To This??? (pic) / What Happened The First Night? My Hubby & I Married As Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.