Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast (24499 Views)

Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Terms Ahead Of 2027. With Or Without Wike I Can Deliver / Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal / 2018 Christmas Broadcast By Deac. Udom Emmanuel,aks.gov. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by LegendHero(m): 8:14am On Dec 25, 2023

STATEWIDE BROADCAST BY HIS EXCELLENCY SIR SIMINALAYI FUBARA GSSRS, GOVERNOR, RIVERS STATE, ON THE OCCASION OF THE 2023 CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION

1. My dear good people of Rivers State, it is my singular honour and privilege to address you today on the auspicious occasion of the 2023 Christmas celebration, the first since my assumption of office as your Chief Steward.

2. As we all know, the circumstances surrounding the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ are very sobering with far reaching lessons for navigating through lives travails.

3. First, He was born in a manger, and unkempt shed for domestic animals. Second, He was born of exceptionally lowly parentage: Joseph, the carpenter, and the mother, the immaculate Virgin Mary - not of royalty.

4. These realities indicate the two very unique qualities the Almighty God expects the entire mankind to emulate: simplicity and humility.

5. Therefore, on this special occasion let us all remind ourselves of the major teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ: selflessness, love for one another, and the inexhaustible will to forgive one another.

6. As, had earlier promised, the mantra of our administration is continuity and consolidation. I wish to reiterate that nothing shall constrain us from our path in our commitment to provide a steady flow of the dividends of democracy in all positive ramifications to our people.

7. I most heartily thank all the good people of Rivers State and all men and women of goodwill, even those beyond our shores, for the massive love and support we have received and continues to enjoy before and during the recent travails that challenged the peace of our State and stability of our Government.

8. Let me also use this opportunity to express our profound gratitude to our dear President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, HIs Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Tinubu GCFR for wading into the near crisis situation that almost punctuated the prevailing peace in our dear State.

9. Indeed, by this singular effort, our dear President has demonstrated that he loves Rivers State and cherishes nothing short of a reign of perfect peace in our State with his Presidential Peace Proclamation on the 18th of December 2023.

10. Mr. President's Peace Proclamation has naturally elicited mixed reactions from our people and across the country. While most stakeholders have violently condemned it, a few others have applauded It.

11. As a principal participant in the entire saga, I have taken some time to study the terms therein and have come to the conclusion that the Peace Pact is not as bad as it is being portrayed by those genuinely opposed to it. It is certainly, not a death sentence. It offers some way towards a lasting peace and stability in our dear State.

12. Accordingly, I reaffirm my acceptance of the Presidential Peace Proclamation and my commitment to implementing both the spirit and letters of the declaration in such a way and manner that will restore political stability to our dear State without compromising the collective interest of our people and our cherished and shared democratic values.

13. Already, both parties have demonstrated some good faith in the implementation process with the withdrawal of the purported impeachment notice on their part, and the release of hitherto withheld allowances of the members of the State House of Assembly by the Government.

14. I have said before, there is no price too much to pay for peace. And with the realization that the worst peace is better than the best war, we will strive to make peace with all segments and interest groups without surrendering our freedom nor jeopardizing the interest and well-being of the good people of Rivers State who graciously entrusted us with their cherished mandate.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by SharingIsLife(m): 8:18am On Dec 25, 2023
Assuming the permission of Falseprophet1, I see Wike's oppression turning Fubara into one of the most popular and most loved governors in this dispensation.

This I have seen.

Accordingly, I reaffirm my acceptance of the Presidential Peace Proclamation and my commitment to implementing both the spirit and letters of the declaration in such a way and manner that will restore political stability to our dear State without compromising the collective interest of our people and our cherished and shared democratic values.
But please, Riverians should still rise against the implementation of the so called Presidential Peace Proclamation. Let me tell you today that, as far as Tinubu is concerned, the bolded lines in my quote is IMPOSSIBLE as long as the 'peace' proclamation stands.

People shouldn't be succumbing to oppressors just for 'peace' to reign. Such peace is only of the graveyard. It is the kind of peace that will make your children not to have any iota of peace in their lives since they'd live under the oppression you submitted to. That's how Goodluck Jonathan submitted in 2015 so that there'd be no bloodshed, but there have been endless flow of Nigerian blood across 6 geopolitical zones since then.

Tinubu is using the template he used in Lagos to cage the entire country. I read the so called peace proclamation and it has all the indices to cage the Rivers Governor, people, and resources. The Rivers oil money is the target. APC and Tinubu want total control.

I can say this on and on and on and on but I believe that a word is enough for a wise. Thanks. Now, let the grunts of the witches start.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by LegendHero(m): 8:23am On Dec 25, 2023
Nyesom Wike is one of the top 5 strongest politician in Nigeria right now but I think he lacks strategy.

A political godfather must exercise caution and treat their godson with respect because governors of states like Lagos and Rivers are very powerful.

Even almighty Tinubu had to chop his L in peace against Fashola because Tinubu understood the limit of his power. Wike seems not to understand that.

To go against a sitting governor of such state, you have to be very patient, show restraint, and waylay them at the polls if you hold the structure tight.

If Tinubu did not intervene, Rivers would have been in turmoil and anyone that eventually win would have been a phyrric victory.

I also like Sim, even tho it look like he is an ingrate for rebeling against the structure that gave him the mantle, he still showed some peaceful side which is nice of him.

96 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by YorubaDemonswag: 8:25am On Dec 25, 2023
Peace must reign in Rivers state

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by Brendaniel: 8:25am On Dec 25, 2023
YorubaDemonswag:
Peace must reign in Rivers state

LegendHero:
Nyesom Wike is one of the top 5 strongest politician in Nigeria right now but I think he lacks strategy.

A political godfather must exercise caution and treat their godson with respect because governors of states like Lagos and Rivers are very powerful.

Even almighty Tinubu had to chop his L in peace against Fashola because Tinubu understood the limit of his power. Wike seems not to understand that.

To go against a sitting governor of such state, you have to be very patient, show restraint, and waylay them at the polls if you hold the structure tight.

If Tinubu did not intervene, Rivers would have been in turmoil and anyone that eventually win would have been a phyrric victory.

I also like Sim, even tho it look like he is an ingrate for rebeling against the structure that gave him the mantle, he still showed some peaceful side which is nice of him.

You guys are so engrossed in politics that you forget that there is something called Good governance, threads of the bad state of the economy, insecurity and so on, you guys will be nowhere to be found once it is politics, you guys will be everyhwere analyzing and bragging.

Same thing Tinubu and his likes are doing, if you guys are claiming Tinubu's intervention is to bring peace to Rivers state, what about Zamfara, Kaduna, Borno, Benue and so on, what has Tinubu done to bring peace to those places?

That shows you what Tinubu is most concerned about, "Politics" not governance, the same thing you guys are doing here, then when we talk you call us enemies of Nigeria, look at what you people have reduced governance to and yet you expect us to praise Tinubu for nonsense that doesn't benefit the people of Rivers state or Nigeria at large, intervention that only benefits them at the expense of the people.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by PussyKing(m): 8:25am On Dec 25, 2023
Coward

Something wey for use deal with Wike undecided undecided undecided

Anyway his hands are not even clean haven worked with Wike

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by Emu4life(m): 8:25am On Dec 25, 2023
The Christian 'God' was Born today. Hallelujah!!! grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by izubext007: 8:25am On Dec 25, 2023
Like for Wike .....Share for Tinubu

11 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by mascot87(m): 8:25am On Dec 25, 2023
Fubara is a wise man. He knows for sure that he will be doomed if he listens to ipob miscreants. Pitching your tent with Ipob miscreants is synonymous to premium failure.

91 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:26am On Dec 25, 2023
grin grin grin. Hahahaha

Those people have laboured in vain again. cheesy Anybody and anything they support always FAILS. Cursed people. Cursed to be failures. grin grin grin grin

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by Chibuzoripob: 8:26am On Dec 25, 2023
cool FUBU better distance himself from fl@theadPIGS make them nor drag/pursue him to fight WICKED WIKE.For his own sanity and PEACE OF MIND cool

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by HeadNigga: 8:27am On Dec 25, 2023
Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by vanbonattel: 8:27am On Dec 25, 2023
They have bullied this man to submission grin

Now they can syphon Rivers state funds to the Federal purse in peace.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by LegendHero(m): 8:28am On Dec 25, 2023
SharingIsLife:
Assuming the permission of Falseprophet1, I see Wike's oppression turning Fubara into one of the most popular and most loved governors in this dispensation.

This I have seen.

It will make him popular because Nigeria electorate are very easy to play.

As a governor, just say you are being persecuted by some godfather and see them suddenly forgot governance to be busy taking sides.

Happened in Osun, happened in Ondo during Mimiko, happened even in Oyo, happened in Edo, and lot of other states.

Winning election in Nigeria is only based on sentiment. The sentiment could be tribal, religious, Godfatherism repelling, fake humility, and sympathy.

In any state, check what sells there and then just use that sentiment. It work almost 80% of the time.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by Empresa: 8:28am On Dec 25, 2023
The most timid sitting governor since 1999. He will likely go down without a fight.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by Segzy19: 8:29am On Dec 25, 2023
You can't fight the fingers and structure that made you.... Go and ask Ambode....
Don't be an ingrate.... Everyone knows that without Wike, being a governor in Rivers state will always be a dream or wish to you....

Same governorship that people like Magnus Abe, Tonye Cole have laboured to get but failed yet you got it cheaply on a platter through Mike's help, now you are doing as if you worked for it...

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by EmperorGodswill: 8:29am On Dec 25, 2023
Fubara I love Ur game
Play the fool and strike

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by LegendHero(m): 8:30am On Dec 25, 2023
Empresa:
The most timid sitting governor since 1999. He will likely go down without a fight.

He is wiser than most kids abusing him online.

Even strong general sometimes choose their fight. The constant need for people to always use the violent approach to issue is what differentiate strategists from common men.

To you, Sim fighting, destroying all the structure, killing political opponents and banning Wike from Rivers is what is called having balls. We are in the 21st century, people need to learn how to administer like human beings.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by Nebes: 8:30am On Dec 25, 2023
Sim's comments are laced with threats of "don't try me again".
Wike will never forgive Sim but he will forever be very careful in his dealings with him. Sim proved to be a no nonsense man.

3 Likes

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by Kurtis02(m): 8:30am On Dec 25, 2023
Let's embrace peace and forge ahead for a better Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by CasNova: 8:30am On Dec 25, 2023
Okay.

He who lives in a glass house must not throw stones.

2 Likes

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by Macdeey: 8:30am On Dec 25, 2023
sad
It is now clear these people go Crashed and and collapsed Nigeria before 2027 cheesy cheesy grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by Menclothing: 8:30am On Dec 25, 2023
Best decision don’t listen to online mob politicians who listen to them are no more and don’t win

Listen to reality not emotion quote chief priest

13 Likes

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by Inspirer1: 8:31am On Dec 25, 2023
Peace is Supreme

5 Likes

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by bhella10: 8:32am On Dec 25, 2023
This could well be the end of the whole brouhaha and possibly a second term ticket for SIM. But there's a caveat, "don't do it again" grin

6 Likes

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by Max24: 8:32am On Dec 25, 2023
Another loss for Ipob miscreants. While they were castigating Tinubu's intervention, the concerned party is complimenting it. These people are born losers with their hatred!

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by ivolt: 8:32am On Dec 25, 2023
Expected.
He wouldn't have survived Wike with just 4 members of the house on his side.
For those who will bring up Obaseki's fight against Oshiomole.

Obaseki had 100% of the house members on his side because he refused to inaugurate
pro-Oshiomole lawmakers.

He also had the support of the presidency and many APC stalwert who wanted to punish
Oshiomole. And finally, Oshiomole had no executive powers at the time unlike Wike who
is indirectly controlling the security operatives in Rivers.

So, the 2 cases are different.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by appini: 8:33am On Dec 25, 2023
Wise man.

3 Likes

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by Actuarydeji(m): 8:34am On Dec 25, 2023
He has done the right thing.

7 Likes

Re: Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:34am On Dec 25, 2023
LegendHero:

Una kind of politics I never see in over 21 countries I have been to and studied their culture. You like structure, you like oppression, you like godfatherism, see as you analyze so much rubbish in praise of structure, godfatherism. No where you talk about development, talk about your fellow masses and elevating them from pains etc, talking about betrayal of structure, same thing during election, Wetin be structure, who is the structure!? Peter Obi defined that during the election, winning 13 states, even if they suppressed the votes so he no go win, and been denied rivers, coming second in kaduna, Gombe also, I ask again WHO BE THE STRUCTURE.

Their structure of oppression and hunger.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nothing Must Happen To Fani-kayode, South/middle Belt Group Replies North / Eberechi Suzzette Wike's 45th Birthday Celebration Photos; Jonathan Attends / Phase 4 Of 2nd Niger Bridge Will Be Completed In July - Lai Mohammed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.