Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,029 members, 7,814,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! (13406 Views)

Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke / Dieziani Allison-Madueke Visits Abdulsalami Abubakar In Minna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Gbenge77(m): 10:34am On Nov 04, 2011
Speechless.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Gbawe: 10:36am On Nov 04, 2011
DrummaBoy:

Gbawe maybe U should retitle d thread: CORRUPTION IN NNPC, ALLYSON MADUEKE INDICTED - 234NEXT.

Won't make a difference. Nigerians , IMO , are currently not bothered with those sort of things. It was always obvious GEJ cannot make a difference. He is part of the culture of corruption, lack of transparency and the conspiracy to perpetuate cabalism in our politics. Yesterday we lamented about the Turai cabal. Today it is the GEJ 'crew' raking it in and becoming instant billionaires.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by DrummaBoy(m): 10:58am On Nov 04, 2011
I ask again when will Nigerians rise up to say "enough is enough"
It seem we are our own enemies!
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by okpurukata(f): 11:09am On Nov 04, 2011
Please we cast the final stone on Diezani and her cohorts, we should also review the years of Rilwanu Lukman and all the frivolous oil blocks he gave out, even to unregistered companies.

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by hbrednic: 11:26am On Nov 04, 2011
the nigerian state has been wicked from inception,
so let the woman be
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Gbawe: 11:35am On Nov 04, 2011
okpurukata:

Please we cast the final stone on Diezani and her cohorts, we should also review the years of Rilwanu Lukman and all the frivolous oil blocks he gave out, even to unregistered companies.

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

You are 100% correct about Lukman although I don't agree with your conclusion that implies it is now Allison-Madueke's turn. We are going nowhere under the PDP for the simple reason that every PDP President will require his own set of 'rubber stamps' everywhere rather than seek those who can genuinely strenghten our institutions.

It is the only way of leadership the PDP understands i.e partisan control of our police force, Customs, AGF office, Oil Ministry et al to perpetuate the practice whereby a few individuals continue to corner our vaste wealth for themselves and their 'in-crowd'. While those practices of base greed go on, sadly for Nigeria, we will remain far from a Nation that can build the Strong Institutions required to turn our fortunes around.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by omo9ja1(m): 11:38am On Nov 04, 2011
congratulation to both journalist well done, you both deserve 3 gbosaa!!!

for those of you who still think GEJ is the Nigeria messiah, I will say history will only tell,

am singing Fela

paddy paddy government lawa yio

wayo wayo

yepa ripa 0o0o0

arranging ,
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Kay1kay1(m): 11:43am On Nov 04, 2011
This is the most religious country where fighting corruption is barely mentioned in religious places and where materialism is celebrated. God's judgement on these evil perpetrators will start soon. How long did it take Libya to get rid of that urchin?
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by DrummaBoy(m): 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2011
@Kay
God's judgement will be executed via human tools
Nigerians are too laid back
Imagne a discuss like dis just 1 page
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Orikinla(m): 12:17pm On Nov 04, 2011
Nigeria is now more corrupt than ever.
In fact majority of Nigerians hate anti-corruption crusaders.

The Federal Government and state governments endorse and sponsor fraudsters and scam artists.

What is we have now is a 419 government.

Even the ACN is not different from the PDP.
The kettle is as black as the pot in Nigeria.

A government of criminals by criminals and for criminals.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Skii(m): 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2011
Men you guys, this is terrible, sad, painful and shameful

We need to do something. Seriously. We cannot continue like this. embarassed cry sad
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Skii(m): 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2011
Please Moderator, this topic needs a more attractive heading on the front page to draw attention to it.

I propose contributions, meaningful, unbiased, non sentiment non tribalistic non religious contributions on what can be done to salvage our nation.

Now where is that self proclaimed thinker (Sagamite)
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by mikolo80: 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2011
instead make una gada una sef form party una de hia de blow plenty grammar
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by lateef4me(m): 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2011
How is it that nobody except Wesley has called Gbawe's attention to d obvious fact stated by PresidoI .

Gbawe ! Gbawe !! Gbawe !!! Abeg address issues raised by PresidoI
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Gbawe: 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2011
lateef4me:

How is it that nobody except Wesley has called Gbawe's attention to d obvious fact stated by PresidoI .

Gbawe ! Gbawe !! Gbawe !!! Abeg address issues raised by PresidoI

It is because , frankly, I have no time for those with the mindset of Presido1. I might not particular like the behaviour of Beaf, but he shows political conviction by pitching his tent somewhere i.e with the PDP !!! You and I both know that Nigeria is the aberration it is because most folks prefer to watch from a distance condemning everyone and everything. What they never do is get involved or have the conviction to battle for the change they want !!!!! That is ultimately unhelpful to the progress Nigeria needs to make. People should not begin to confuse what obtains in Nigeria , i.e political apathy, with normalcy.

A political platform will always be required for folks and their elected representatives to make the difference we all want. Yes I support the ACN but never have I claimed the Party is entirely covered in virtue. No Nigerian political Party is entirely virtuous currently . Anyone who then understands the saying "democracy is a journey and not a destination" will realise that we all have to play our part by joining the Party we consider the "least of all evils" till , through our collective effort and participation, the type of Party and democracy we want is realised. To that end, I don't have time for those who want to sit on the fence putting the onus of change on others while they luxuriate in the pious condemnation of all and sundry. If you don't get involved in the political process, even if only to contribute the "honesty" and "decency" you posit everyone lacks, then why hope for change? Who will bell the cat if not each and everyone of us?
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Skii(m): 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2011
Gbawe, if you were on twitter, I will start following you
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by lateef4me(m): 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2011
So because presido1 does not pitch his tent with any political party,d guy shdn't comment on issues of national importance ,

If dis is comin from eko-ile,I'll understand.Seriously,Gbawe,u ar intelligent more than dis !
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by presido1: 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2011
Gbawe:

It is because , frankly, I have no time for those with the mindset of Presido1.
This is another reason why Nigeria is a wicked nation.  How can you have time for somebody saying what is real, its obvious you are part of the system and why you chose to lament now is cos the other side of the divide is running the show. I have never read any of your post criticizing anything ACN (Not that am a PDP or any other party member). The way you defend your party is also the way Beef defend his irrespective of the atrocity committed. You might be thinking that am against the publication, am not. The way you felt when you read the article is also the way I and every right thinking Nigeria will feel. What am against is the attitude of "When its from my camp its normal"  You and Beef are guilty of it.

With the mindset of you/your company and beef/his company Nigeria can never fight corruption and Nigeria will always remain a wicked Nation for 99% of the populace.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by lateef4me(m): 2:07pm On Nov 04, 2011
I have said it and wil continue sayin it that "There is no good party ,it's just a question of comparative badness"

D day I will b involve fully in political process in Nigeria is d day we embrace independent candidacy system,
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Gbawe: 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2011
lateef4me:

So because presido1 does not pitch his tent with any political party,d guy shdn't comment on issues of national importance ,

If dis is comin from eko-ile,I'll understand.Seriously,Gbawe,u ar intelligent more than dis !

Where did I say he should not comment on national issues? I only said I was not interested in responding to what he wrote !!! This is why I avoid responding to some posts . Clearly, some, eg Presido1, already have rigid opinion of others that shapes how they talk to them. Predictable , things will then degenerate into insults. As far as I am concerned, I am only trying to do my civic duty by getting involved with the political process that may succeed in shaping Nigeria for the better.

I therefore will not join issue with someone who wants the luxury of condemning everyone without realising that the onus of securing the changes we want falls on all of us. I have repeated it many times that the best option is for all of us to pitch our political tent somewhere and work hard to secure the type of democracy we want. All political parties need work and 'strenghtening' . That must come from all of us.  If you stay out of the process then you have no voice and no positive input to add. It will then always be the "crooks" you malign , from the sideline, who are on the pitch playing the game.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by publisher(m): 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2011
[size=15pt]Nation building has never been and will never become a morally upright exercise. Evils MUST take place,[b]Good will surface [/b]but on the longrun we all get to realize that proponents of both the 'good' and 'evil' are birds of the same feathers, The nation remains,like a conquered female victim of abuse; existing and looking forward to the next villian or hero that still end up raping her.[/size]
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by assetstrap(m): 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2011
I think the question we need to ask ourselves is whether Nigeria as a country has reached that tipping point whereby any significant challenge by regular folks to the despicable misuse of funds will be a catalyst for root and branch transformation i.e complete change of the political landscape and dealing severely with the so called untouchables by giving them the 'Madoff treatment' at the very least. In anybody's book we have even passed the tipping point and yet Nigerians are still walking around in a daze not knowing what to do while the country collapses in on them. This is the sad reality.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Gbawe: 2:29pm On Nov 04, 2011
presido1:

This is another reason why Nigeria is a wicked nation.  How can you have time for somebody saying what is real, its obvious you are part of the system and why you chose to lament now is cos the other side of the divide is running the show. I have never read any of your post criticizing anything ACN (Not that am a PDP or any other party member). The way you defend your party is also the way Beef defend his irrespective of the atrocity committed. You might be thinking that am against the publication, am not. The way you felt when you read the article is also the way I and every right thinking Nigeria will feel. What am against is the attitude of "When its from my camp its normal"  You and Beef are guilty of it.

With the mindset of you/your company and beef/his company Nigeria can never fight corruption and Nigeria will always remain a wicked Nation for 99% of the populace.

Believe what you want. This is why I did not respond to your post in the first place. If I am not sitting on the fence and cursing everyone then I must be "part of the system"? You have your preconcieved opinion even commonsense and logic will not shift. The point I make to you is that yes indeed I support the ACN - but that is different to backing everything the Party does blindly. I believe the ACN is the least of all evil. It can become a better Party in future if good things are consolidated upon while undesirable things are gradually phased out.

You are unreasonably idealist if you think a saintly Party can operate at the top of Nigerian politics currently. We all must pull our weight till the beautiful ones are born. Where did Soyinka and Fawehinmi get with their respective political Parties? If you then understand Partisan politics, now that you know I support the ACN, then you will understand why I defend the policies of the Party and speak against unfair allegations against its leaders. I don't and have never supported the Party blindly as you claim.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Pennywise(m): 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2011
A lot of pple look at GEJ and think he is a daft. I think not. He chose along with his wife to make a patently incompetent woman as a minister for the all important oil ministry so that they can have a direct control of our country's key resource. OBJ didnt need any disguise when he doubled for a long time as petroleum min bc he knew he could get away with it. This is Nigeria.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by assetstrap(m): 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2011
@Gbawe i'm still trying to figure out what this madueke woman brings to the table coz she has held 3 significant cabinet posts, and i'm still scratching my head. From what i gather it was status quo at the transport ministry and same at the ministry for mines and she definitely ain't making no shakes at the petroleum ministry, so the WTF!!!
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by DrummaBoy(m): 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2011
I agree wit Gbawe. Without a political platform, U will remain wholly irrelevant in dis country
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by DrummaBoy(m): 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2011
Do we hav a journalist in d house who can do an expose on what Gbawe posted on page1
These are serious allegations
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by DrummaBoy(m): 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2011
And Madueke has some answering to do
Pls let us not derail d thread like Lateef & presido hav succeeded in doing
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2011
oga gbawe, you have done well. However, to avoid validating that accursed entity called Beaf, pls condemn aregbesola's and similar ACN politicians' misdeeds for what they are. Thanks.

@post, i read the original 'minister, sweetheart deal' back before it 'presumably' got spam-tagged, and i remember how i almost went out of my mind. Pls I cannot bear to read it a second time. I will just go clinically mad with rage.
GEJ and Mrs Maduekwe should know that as i close my eyes, the vision of strangling them both brings a wry smile to my face and joy to my heart.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Gbawe: 3:36pm On Nov 04, 2011
DrummaBoy:

And Madueke has some answering to do
Pls let us not derail d thread like Lateef & presido hav succeeded in doing

Indeed. Much like GEJ, she has been politically mediocre and an adherrent of "business as usual" politics her entire hsitory in public office. We all remember this same woman shedding Crocodile tears over the State of federal roads while vowing that something will be done "ASAP". Well, we all know how the story ended with our federal roads still totally dilapidated to date. She did another 'Anenih' in my opinion.

What we need , at the highest level, are austere and immaterialistic men and women genuinely committed to reforms. The only way forward for Nigeria, bar a revolution, is if we gain a brave and resolute President , with zero interest in material wealth, who will surround himself with men and women of the highest integrity, patriotism and conviction. Surely we still have those folks in Nigeria ?
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2011
monkeyleg:

My brothers, I have more or less taken a back seat in Nigerian politics. The depth of the rot of nigeria, cannot be understood
tears welled up in my eyes reading this.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by DrummaBoy(m): 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2011
pls can someone get a report on this to punch, gaurdian, the nation or sun newspapers! asap!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan / We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix / BREAKING: Gunmen Freed Ex-minister, Akwanga , After Ransom Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.