Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months (37763 Views)

My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me / Man Dances With Salsa Instructor, Wife Takes Him Home. Photos / Businessman Beats Brother’s 60-Year-Old Wife Over Sick Husband's Property (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by ijustdey: 3:13pm On Jan 05
A 58-year-old man identified as Osuedi Sunday Christian has been abandoned by his family at the University Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City, Edo State.

SaharaReporters gathered that Osuedi who hails from Orogun, Ighoyobi Compound in the Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State was taken to the hospital by his wife on June 23, 2023, and reportedly abandoned there.

SaharaReporters learnt that she had not shown up since then.

And when the hospital contacted her, she said she had moved out of the apartment where the couple used to stay in Lagos.

The Public Relations Officer of the hospital, Mrs. Queen Aigbodion told SaharaReporters that UBTH had been feeding and taking care of Osuedi for over six months.

“As of yesterday (Thursday) when I spoke to the wife on the phone, she insisted that she was no longer in the house,” Aigbodion said.

She said, "The wife brought him to the hospital on the 23rd of June 2023 and that was the last time we saw her. The man is very sick but can talk.

"We made an attempt by taking him to his home town, but nobody seemed to know him there and we brought him back to the hospital because we cannot just abandon him there since he cannot help himself.

"UBTH has been feeding him and taking care of him, while the nurses are also supporting him with their personal money.

"The patient is an Urhobo by tribe and has two underaged children with his wife who is from Calabar, Cross River State. His parents are deceased.

"He has lost contact with his siblings since he claimed to have left his home town for Lagos State over 40 years ago.

"We therefore use this medium to call on members of the public to help reach/contact his family members to come for him.”

https://saharareporters.com/2024/01/05/wife-takes-sick-husband-nigerian-hospital-abandons-him-there-over-six-months-edo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by Wawelexy(m): 3:13pm On Jan 05
"He has lost contact with his siblings since he claimed to have left his home town for Lagos State over 40 years ago.

He made no attempt to look for his relatives for good 40years? Also, how can a woman be comfortable with a man who she knows none of his relatives, to the extent of getting married and bearing kids for him.... Well, maybe he's got some dough...... His relatives won't do what that woman he called wife had done to him... They only stay when things are Rossy, they stop giving a F when troubles shows up.... I pity those men who do "Me and my wife alone"... No friends, no family...

The hospital management should ask if he's got some properties since he could talk...

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by Timoleon(m): 3:22pm On Jan 05
He messed up too. He deserted kin and kinsmen for 40 years. Hooked up with a fairweather biatch forgetting that a river that loses its source will run dry. You dey Lagos 40 years, you no relate even with urhobo people when dey Lagos. You no follow anybody do township meeting. Now e happen nobody knows you, you no know anybody. Even your offsprings may be lost forever chai.

I hand you over to God. Let his will be done

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by UHLmoving: 3:23pm On Jan 05
As a man, never make a mistake in choosing a wife. May God Heal him

And always keep in touch with your siblings

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by Reelmii: 3:23pm On Jan 05
Ok..this story is not complete...it looks to me like a case of revenge.....untill the woman comes to speak...i reserve my comment...

I said a case of revenge because i have witnessed some things like this from a couple.....tho the man survived sha but he always wish for death everyday....

May God heal this man..atleast he can talk..let him explain wat happened

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by Vanpascore(m): 3:23pm On Jan 05
Most men do this a lot. After marriage, they disown their family and focus only on the wife and her family.

Whatever he might have done, abandoning him in the hospital is just too much, meaning that she was expecting the man dead.

He has made a greatest life mistake, in life to come he will adjust, if there is another.

15 Likes

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by kkkp: 3:23pm On Jan 05
FEAR........................................

1 Like

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by Bunnatex(m): 3:23pm On Jan 05
Regardless, I believe there's more to the story than we are being told.

15 Likes

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by datola: 3:23pm On Jan 05
One sided story

This might turn out to be another 'akudaya' (dead and came back) tales by moonlight usually from Nzarawa state.

5 Likes

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by NuCypher: 3:24pm On Jan 05
Finding a good wife is like finding a needle in a haystack. Honestly, single life don tire many people. But it's finding that golden gem that can make your marriage life better or just as good as your single life that matters. Women no be am abeg. They are all so excited about the wedding and all the glamour that comes with it, but when the marriage proper starts, just forget. If the glitz is not sustaining itself, dem don take off or abandon you. Make person no end up with selfish woman.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by DonFreshmoney(m): 3:24pm On Jan 05
Women are very wicked.. heart of evil all cos of the man money and wealth... abandoning your husband you swore at the altar for better for worst..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by Shinjawestern: 3:24pm On Jan 05
Nawaooo

Anyway God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest

3 Likes

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by geoworldedu: 3:24pm On Jan 05
Na wa o
Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by muhammadhan19: 3:24pm On Jan 05
Be right back

1 Like

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by Tallesty1(m): 3:24pm On Jan 05
Too bad
Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by Maga123: 3:25pm On Jan 05
This woman doesn't really understand the meaning of for better for worst

3 Likes

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by Omihanifa: 3:25pm On Jan 05
Am sure the wife is cheating on the guy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by Reelmii: 3:25pm On Jan 05
UHLmoving:
As a man, never make a mistake in choosing a wife. May God Heal him
and as a man..learn to treat ur wife well...because the way they will pay u back will be outrageous

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by saddler: 3:25pm On Jan 05
lipsrsealed

Really sad situation. Everyman on this thread should learn one very important lesson from this man's predicament.

Dont marry a woman for beauty or big yansh or bwest.

The best woman to take in as a wife is the one who have shown consistently that she will be with you in thick and thin. Such a woman will hardly leave you when life turns sour.

Also dont choose a woman when you have become rich. The best time to find a woman for yourself as a man is when you are still struggling. Women who chose you at that time are potential wife candidate.

Men please learn. Na old age or when your life turn upside down you go know the thing wey you marry whether na wife or street dog.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by LalastiklaIa(m): 3:25pm On Jan 05
More reason not to get married

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by Obuugama: 3:25pm On Jan 05
Abandoned old man. He left his village for over 40 years?

4 Likes

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by IceLip: 3:25pm On Jan 05
Let's be cautious of who we get as partner

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by Jewessgratitud3: 3:26pm On Jan 05
That's what you get from Lagos marriage ( if there was even any).

If he himself can not locate his family members, how much more his wife from another state. The woman prolly tried getting in touch with his family when things were beyond her to get support but couldn't that was why she ran away.

Marriage is not between two people. It between two families una no dey hear. Now woman can't be traced. Hospital is not sure whether man is not even akudaya.

People be creating wonders with their hands.

9 Likes

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by Necrophagia: 3:26pm On Jan 05
Tuehhh

Wicked woman

This happens when you marry a who're , when you're in need she will abandon you for another nigger

Simps beware , don't let any who're into your life

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by Kam2021: 3:26pm On Jan 05
Left hometown for over 40 years and no one knows him there
When you tell them to go home marry or travel once once,they will tell you, you are local. Ndi Lagos marriage. Oya Urhobo progressive union help your brother

8 Likes

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by okorogodwin4(m): 3:26pm On Jan 05
That is the disadvantage of ABUJA marriage
Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:27pm On Jan 05
A friend in need is a friend indeed and such friend can only be identify during trial time.

May we not have problems beyond capacity, make God dey protect us.

Some people either husband or wife don't just care irrespective of how far you have contributed to their life.

"A loyal friend laugh at your jokes when they're not too good and sympathize with your problems when they are not too bad"

1 Like

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by henryadex(m): 3:27pm On Jan 05
The aftermath of forgetting your heritage and taking olosho for a wife

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by CrystalMax: 3:27pm On Jan 05
Evil women do!

Very wonderful sets of people
Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by Obakoolex(m): 3:27pm On Jan 05
undecided
Re: Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months by YorubaPrince: 3:28pm On Jan 05
He never really give a hoot abt his own relatives. He instead lavished on an ashawo.

Why does he wanna reap where he didn't sow? What do you want his relatives to do now?

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

17 Years Of Meeting My Wife / Zimbabwean Woman Beats Her Husband For Denying Her Sex / My 17 Yr Old Sister Is Pregnant...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.