Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,735 members, 7,831,341 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Can You Remain Engaged For This Long - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Remain Engaged For This Long (672 Views)

Uju Anya Gets Engaged To Her Lesbian Partner / Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? / Can You Remain Chaste For 5 Years In Return For 50 Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by NikoDeBonAmi(m): 12:32am On Jan 19
A guy got an opportunity to travel oversea and decided to engage his long time girlfriend before traveling with a promise to return back at most after a year or two for them to get married.
Unfortunately for the guy things didn't work as planned and it's now six years the guy hasn't returned but keeps assuring the girl that he will come back to marry her once he finally gets his proper papers so that they can relocate together.
The issue is that it is uncertain how much longer it will take for the guy to get his papers and when he will return back for the marriage.

Ladies if you were in this situation would you wait patiently or just move on with your life?

1 Like

Re: Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by PoliteActivist: 1:22am On Jan 19
*Politeness*
OP, are you the "guy"?
Personally I'd have moved on with my life long ago. If we meet again and are both still single, we see what happens. But ME wait around for him? No sir!

1 Like

Re: Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by SafetyFirst(m): 2:03am On Jan 19
Once one person enter plane... Otiloo!

1 Like

Re: Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by larryking78(m): 2:42am On Jan 19
No matter the advice anyone gives, the decision is still yours. I only have questions for you. Did you pray before starting the relationship? Are you sure you heard God correctly? Are you following God's leading as you proceed? Is the man involved seen as an honest fellow, is he a man with reputation ? These answers should guide you because if you were in a hurry you might miss it in the long run and if you are not vigilant about the consequences of your ignorance, you will pay for it with your time as wasted years. It is your duty to sit down n audit your relationship with the questionnaires above.
Re: Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by eazzzy1(m): 3:30am On Jan 19
Who says the girl is waiting? She probably just hasn’t seen anyone else. The guy should have told her to get married if someone else comes around. That way she will be waiting on her own accord and he won’t be held liable for wasting her time if marriage doesn’t happen eventually.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by Klinxmanz(m): 5:06am On Jan 19
dis one dey risky, but na God go later punish de man if de gal wait patiently em no later marry am, abeg better moved on with ur life because dis one be like"JESUS IS COMING SOON"!!..

1 Like

Re: Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by Westerhoffe(m): 7:43am On Jan 19
Any evidence or proof the guy hasn't really settled, or it's just the guy's words?

1 Like

Re: Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by Westerhoffe(m): 7:43am On Jan 19
Klinxmanz:
dis one dey risky, but na God go later punish de man if de gal wait patiently em no later marry am, abeg better moved on with ur life because dis one be like "Wait for me without much hope" !!..
Re: Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by NikoDeBonAmi(m): 7:57am On Jan 19
PoliteActivist:
*Politeness*
OP, are you the "guy"?
Personally I'd have moved on with my life long ago. If we meet again and are both still single, we see what happens. But ME wait around for him? No sir!

No I'm not the guy.
Re: Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by Dexy4yah(m): 8:01am On Jan 19
She's now lord of the ring grin

Let her throw away that ring and move on with her life....6years haba.
Re: Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by lordnkem000(m): 8:27am On Jan 19
PoliteActivist:
*Politeness*
OP, are you the "guy"?
Exactly my mind, I wouldn't wait more than 3-7months

1 Like

Re: Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by Obierika(m): 8:29am On Jan 19
No lady should wait around for 6 years for a guy who is not even in the country
Re: Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by Kobicove(m): 8:31am On Jan 19
Personally I think it's wickedness for a guy to tie down a lady with just a mere engagement before leaving the country on a permanent basis undecided
Re: Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by NikoDeBonAmi(m): 9:42am On Jan 19
Dexy4yah:
She's now lord of the ring grin

Let her throw away that ring and move on with her life....6years haba.

Lord of the rings?

1 Like

Re: Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by Dexy4yah(m): 9:44am On Jan 19
NikoDeBonAmi:

Lord of the rings?
Yes na

Wearing engagement ring for 6 years...is toomuch na shuuuu
Re: Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by NikoDeBonAmi(m): 10:25am On Jan 19
Dexy4yah:

Yes na

Wearing engagement ring for 6 years...is toomuch na shuuuu

I understand, the lord of the rings statement just cracked my head

1 Like

Re: Can You Remain Engaged For This Long by Klinxmanz(m): 11:58am On Jan 19
make de gal go find another another man marry because em fit surprise de gal when em go cum back wit plane carry em wife and kids den de gal wey de wait am go be em BABY SITTER!!..

(1) (Reply)

Getting Married Or Continue With Business Expansion / My Best Friend Planned My Burial And Married My Husband - Beware Of Besties / I Caught Him Flexing With My Versace Shoes Without My Permission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.