Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,240 members, 7,846,134 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election (20625 Views)

Oba saga: You want 2 create 3rd World War because Obi didn't win - Taiwo to OBJ / "I Didn't Win Obaseki": Kabaka Kneels, Asks Gov. Obaseki To Forgive Him (Video) / Restructuring: I Won’t Cede Power To Those Who Didn't Win Elections - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Saltinny: 12:17pm On Jan 21
aswani:

That is an apt statement to direct at Peter Obi for the ethnically and religiously tinged divisive campaign he ran.

It shows as a country we have a fair way to go when someone like Peter Obi, running on the basis he did as described above, could actually end up as third place.

To add to that, he went to an election tribunal and The Supreme court with boxes full of blurred paper and expected his third place to somehow be overturned on that basis.

Thankfully, his followers abusive and hate filled behaviour on social media has ensured his polical career is totally dead.

All the Charlatan Peter Obi is left with now is to stand on the sidelines shouting and screeching whilst being sensibly ignored by those in Power.

Stop lying , everybody saw what happened during the last election, go to your village and spill those lies maybe they will believe you but not here
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Sleekfingers: 12:17pm On Jan 21
[quote author=Saltinny post=128049235]

Is English your mother language? inferiority complex has damaged your life. I spit on useless head [/quote

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mr. Olodo is it mandatory for you to type in English? Why not use your mother tongue...

The last time checked, English is our official language.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by chatinent: 12:17pm On Jan 21
The problem started when he felt if he speaks, everyone should swallow it without chewing.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Faposky95: 12:18pm On Jan 21
razzydoo:
Respect to the eloquent man. Speaking concentrated truth like H2SO4. A role model. cool

Ur role model.....
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by chatinent: 12:19pm On Jan 21
Isn't this one of the lots who urged others for a parallel govt should they lose? That's barbarian!
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Bekind123: 12:20pm On Jan 21
Alexis11:

Lol na only on top social media we dey see all these hype. When I dey Nigeria all the beggars on my street were Igbos. cheesy
Keep deceiving yourself, you know exactly who created that account. You think we won't find out how manipulative you guys are.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Faposky95: 12:20pm On Jan 21
Rolings:

So you will detach from your friends because they are in government?
Did he take any appointments from them?. No
So why should he lose friendship of decades because they find themselves in the corridor of power and his dissociating from them will please people like you.

Dey pl

Keep the friendship in the pen or barn, not on the same social media like you told the Zuckerberg and Co to bring it to us.....
Paps, careful
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Saltinny: 12:22pm On Jan 21
Bekind123:
Keep deceiving yourself, you know exactly who created that account. You think we won't find out how manipulative you guys are.

Don’t mind that wretched small boy who still been feed by her mother
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by spencekat(m): 12:26pm On Jan 21
Hypocrisy has taken over social media
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Morbeta11(m): 12:28pm On Jan 21
All I can see here is an old man that is so pained that he lost relevance...
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Saltinny: 12:28pm On Jan 21
[quote author=Sleekfingers post=128049344][/quote]

Didirin, does it mean you don’t have a language before the British came to Nigeria? I don’t have time for people like you with inferiority complex 🤣
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by aswani(m): 12:41pm On Jan 21
Morbeta11:
All I can see here is an old man that is so pained that he lost relevance...

I can see someone who is pained by the fact that Nigerian social media is polluted by Obidients needless noisy, angry and lieing ways when a lot of Nigerians could be using it for learning and exchanging ideas to make our great country a better place.

All because Peter Obi won a bronze medal.

Each to their own though.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Sleekfingers: 12:42pm On Jan 21
Saltinny:

Didirin, does it mean you don’t have a language before the British came to Nigeria? I don’t have time for people like you with inferiority complex 🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Oponu...Why can't you type in your mother tongue? Is it compulsory to write in English?
Educated illiterate....were you educated in your mother tongue or English? Olodo jatijati
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Cocolatti(m): 12:42pm On Jan 21
God1000:
I respect Mr Soyinka a lot but he needs to detach himself from this APC government.

Elections have come and gone and all the court cases have been settled as well.

I've never seen this side of him before, he's too political now

Nlfpmod this account Cooldowntemper keeps stalking me everywhere and breaking the rules of this platform.
Soyinka has always been a tribalist hiding in an intellectual cocoon but the 2023 election has made him to show his true colours.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Litmus: 12:44pm On Jan 21
Indeed, Barbarians and Yahoos.

The lowest forms thunder in shrieking heads over the input fields of Nairaland wielding mobile phones now not clubs.

....I refer to all forms of Africans and otherwise, not specific tribes or ethnic groups....
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by christistruth01: 12:45pm On Jan 21
They are the Black Version of Adolf Hitler's Nazis

Thank God they lost Elections

Entire Ethnic Groups could have gone missing by now

They are capable of doing a Rwanda

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Cocolatti(m): 12:47pm On Jan 21
Sccarrr:

na them be this, bitter ppl wailing till eternity
Dispute the fact first.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Saltinny: 12:51pm On Jan 21
Sleekfingers:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Oponu...Why can't you type in your mother tongue? Is it compulsory to write in English?
Educated illiterate....were you educated in your mother tongue or English? Olodo jatijati

Dejo the Didirin ..... can you stop fouling this thread with your demented ignorance!!!
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Saltinny: 12:53pm On Jan 21
christistruth01:

They are the Black Version of Adolf Hitler's Nazis

Thank God they lost Elections

Entire Ethnic Groups could have gone missing by now

Soyinka is a bigot and has exposed himself to the whole world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by AcuraZDX: 12:55pm On Jan 21
aremubabs:

Show us evidence that Soyinka called anyone shepopotamus.

This is the reason why Soyinka said he hated granting interviews.

You're not okay. If you need any evidence go and source for it. I have no time for your kind. Continue your delusion
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Sccarrr: 12:59pm On Jan 21
Cocolatti:
Dispute the fact first.
which fact, why don't u dispute his fact first rather than the insult.... Hypocrites can't take what they are dishing

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by sulaak(m): 1:07pm On Jan 21
God1000:
I respect Mr Soyinka a lot but he needs to detach himself from this APC government.

Nlfpmod this account Cooldowntemper keeps stalking me everywhere and breaking the rules of this platform.

he has the right to support what ever political party he prefers. It is called democracy.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Cocolatti(m): 1:24pm On Jan 21
Sccarrr:
which fact, why don't u dispute his fact first rather than the insult.... Hypocrites can't take what they are dishing
The Soyinka that insulted a Presidents wife. The Soyinka that is the founder of one deadliest cult in Nigeria. The Soyinka that threatened to form a parallel govt. Is now the one calling some people Barbarians??
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by aswani(m): 1:29pm On Jan 21
Cocolatti:
The Soyinka that insulted a Presidents wife. The Soyinka that is the founder of one deadliest cult in Nigeria. The Soyinka that threatened to form a parallel govt. Is now the one calling some people Barbarians??

The Soyinka that stood up for Biafra, the same one that was chained in Solitary confinement at kirikiri while Senior members of the Biafra Army and their families were feeding very well.

Yes that Wole Soyinka.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Cocolatti(m): 1:30pm On Jan 21
aswani:

The Soyinka that stood up for Biafra, the same one that was chained in Solitary confinement at kirikiri while Senior members of the Biafra Army and their families were feeding very well.

Yes that Wole Soyinka.
Soyinka is a Barbarian end of quote.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Sccarrr: 1:36pm On Jan 21
Cocolatti:
another lie been spread about by the barbarians group..show us exactly where and when he mentioned the ex president's wife name
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by BabaRamota1980: 1:37pm On Jan 21
tivity101:
Abeg wetin this word ethnophilia mean

It means Yoruba people are passionately obsessive with love for their land, culture, traditions and will defend it as patriots.

Yoruba people will tell you I'm Yoruba first ahead of any other identity. This is ethnophilia in motion.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Promax4321: 1:44pm On Jan 21
The problem with them is Obi lost, they can take it that their messiah lost and cannot prove that he won.

How can anyone believed that he won without proof. A man who didn't want féedback of form ECA 8A from their agents yet were shouting they won. Knowing fully well they lost refused to pay pulling units agent, because those information won't help their lost in court.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by christistruth01: 1:49pm On Jan 21
Odin13:
Soyinka is a core tribalist .. foolish barbarian

Exactly
That was why Soyinka risked his own like by going to meet Ojukwu in Biafra to end the War

Gowon jailed him for 2 years for it

Though Gowon apologized to him years later
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by pacespot(m): 1:54pm On Jan 21
Fools grow old too cry
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by aswani(m): 2:00pm On Jan 21
christistruth01:

Gowon jailed him for 2 years for it

He didn't just jail him, he ensured Prof was chained to a spot in Solitary confinement throughout that period.

All because Prof espoused his belief in Biafra and wanted the avoidance of bloodshed.

Over 3 million Ndigbo would have been saved if Prof had been listened to. The children of the ones that survived are now harassing prof because he has an opinion that is different from theirs. See life.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Abbeytoy(m): 2:05pm On Jan 21
God1000:

Without this account, Cooldowntemper keeps stalking me everywhere and breaking the rules of this platform.

Prof has the same right to associate with any political party as you.

In the post, he emphasises having a healthy conversation without attacking anyone because of political differences. Only barbaric people want to always be right and want their way to be the only way.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari Was In Germany For Medical Treatment – Junaid Mohammed / 2019: I Will Bring Biafra Back To Nigeria If Elected_ Olawepo Hashim / No Salary Increment For Nigerian Workers – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.