Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,849 members, 7,855,517 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 12:28 AM

Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election (20673 Views)

Oba saga: You want 2 create 3rd World War because Obi didn't win - Taiwo to OBJ / "I Didn't Win Obaseki": Kabaka Kneels, Asks Gov. Obaseki To Forgive Him (Video) / Restructuring: I Won’t Cede Power To Those Who Didn't Win Elections - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by BreconHills(m): 9:38am On Jan 21
God1000:
I respect Mr Soyinka a lot but he needs to detach himself from this APC government.

Elections have come and gone and all the court cases have been settled as well.

I've never seen this side of him before

Nlfpmod this account Cooldowntemper keeps stalking me everywhere and breaking the rules of this platform.

Is it possible you frame your argument without mentioning a political party - any political party? For as long as we anchor ourselves to politicL parties we will believe that others are the same. The question we should ask is

Is it right that people should seperate themselves from family, friends and work colleagues because they don't agree with our political opinion?

Is it right that we demonise other ethnic groups because we believe that they do not support or appreciate our ethnic group?

If these two answers are answered in the negative, then how can we reframe our responses to others who think differently from us?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Bahdguyishere: 9:40am On Jan 21
I rarely reply people on social media again because I don't just have time for nonentities.
Baba, the intellectual Nigerians love and respect you sir, except market to market graduate and his followers .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by lilytender: 9:40am On Jan 21
We have cleared the drunkenness in their brains, but they are still fast asleep. By the time Emilokan JAGABAN hands over to Shettima the Kanuri Nigga in 2031, they will wake up from their post drunk sleep

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by fredoooooo: 9:41am On Jan 21
It's obvious sir ..
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by aremubabs: 9:46am On Jan 21
God1000:
I respect Mr Soyinka a lot but he needs to detach himself from this APC government.

Nlfpmod this account Cooldowntemper keeps stalking me everywhere and breaking the rules of this platform.

Yes, elections have come and gone, but people still continue to ethnically profile people. Any small thing, you will find election losers profiling people.

There was a post on Facebook where Burna Boy was driving through the street of Lagos and some people were running after him, obviously asking for money. Some idiots wrote that they were Yorubas already suffering the repercussions of voting for Tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by mrblessed(m): 9:46am On Jan 21
Just like barbarians have rooted themselves in power.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Alajiki(m): 9:46am On Jan 21
Penguin2:
All I have to say is that fools grow old too.

Don’t be a fool when you grow old. You hear?

You're right. Sons of old fools usually know the characteristics of old fools because they were raised by old fools.

Good submission my brother.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by DeTruthh: 9:47am On Jan 21
And Angels have taken over Aso rock. This man is very foolish. Very very foolish.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Ironbull: 9:48am On Jan 21
No 1 barbarians in the world are the supremacist racist bitch.

No 2 babatians are the Obidients of Nigeria, the descendants o Lucifer a k a 666 amalgedons.

Prof you are damn right. God bless sir.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by aremubabs: 9:48am On Jan 21
AcuraZDX:
This Gbajue Professor and crying about those old enough to be his kids.

Soyinka rest na. Kilode.

I could remember when he called the wife of a sitting President Shepopotammus.

Point One! Nobody takes you serious

Show us evidence that Soyinka called anyone shepopotamus.

This is the reason why Soyinka said he hated granting interviews.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by DeTruthh: 9:50am On Jan 21
Alajiki:

You're right. Sons of old fools usually know the characteristics of old fools because they were raised by old fools.

Good submission my brother.
Can you identify a mad man when you see one? If yes, does it mean you were raised by a mad man?

Stop deceiving yourself. You thought you've made sense from the above. But sincerely speaking, you did not. Let's always reason before we speak.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by aremubabs: 9:50am On Jan 21
JASONjnr:

He can't..... His hatred for Peter Obi is very glaring.

Asked Elrufai why he's against Peter Obi and he will tell you that Obi locked him up during his time as a governor.

Ask Soyinka the same question and he will be so confused but because he's loving the attention given to him for spilling hatred.

It's so embarrassing that grey hair doesn't really translate to wisdom.

You are the only one seeing Soyinka's hatred for Peter Obi.

Why would Soyinka even hate Obi?

I don't like calling out tribes, but I don't know why many of you Igbos have this persecution complex, always believing that people hate you.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Sccarrr: 9:53am On Jan 21
Jovi10:

Naso una call us wailer when buhari deu there ,last last n all of una wail of hardship; D
😂 their usual dunce line, everybody complaining na dose wey vote candidate u no like..but Obi supporters dey enjoy, dey live like a president...I have one of u as neighbor I dey always drop fr wrk and pick fr evening again, he go dey jam talk like a typical Obidient, same person wey no fit afford transport... going by u Obi supporters logic, I suppose don shenk am since 😏
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Splashme: 9:53am On Jan 21
Foolish man

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by aribisala0(m): 9:54am On Jan 21
God1000:

I do.not see any evidence that he is attached to APC government

Can you share this with us please?
Is this because he said Peter You did not win and he knows it?

Your assertions are not based on facts but sentiment
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Sccarrr: 9:54am On Jan 21
DesChyko:

Your account isn't even up to a month old. Anything that is defended by a mere bot account isn't worth considering.
see this jambite o..my frnd face front
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by aribisala0(m): 9:56am On Jan 21
JASONjnr:

He can't..... His hatred for Peter Obi is very glaring.

Asked Elrufai why he's against Peter Obi and he will tell you that Obi locked him up during his time as a governor.

Ask Soyinka the same question and he will be so confused but because he's loving the attention given to him for spilling hatred.

It's so embarrassing that grey hair doesn't really translate to wisdom.

Very glaring hatred?
Give an example
Many Obedients are very emotional and immature

Must every one love Obi?
If a person does not love Obi he hates him??
Only 6 year old children reason like that

Does that mean you hate Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by GreatrAnalyst: 9:57am On Jan 21
God1000:

Most people complain when the narrative doesn't suit their personal interest.
His person became the President, you won't see him speak against how election went.
People won't bother themselves about oppression in as much they are not the one one being oppressed.
I don't care who Obi is, nor where Tinubu comes from... rather I am interested in who emerges in an honest and fair way.
This stance I just mentioned is what is difficult to take by most of this so called activists, including Prof. Wole Soyinka. The recent time has shown this about him.

Professor never criticized the malpractices in the last election; here he is asking complainers to table their grievances with proofs? Which proofs? Before which court or judges? The corrupted ones?
His bias has never been so justified until now

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Splashme: 10:07am On Jan 21
aremubabs:

Yes, elections have come and gone, but people still continue to ethnically profile people. Any small thing, you will find election losers profiling people.

There was a post on Facebook where Burna Boy was driving through the street of Lagos and some people were running after him, obviously asking for money. Some idiots wrote that they were Yorubas already suffering the repercussions of voting for Tinubu.

But truly, that 'tuale tuale' lifestyle is a Yoruba thing. Ibos hardly do beggi beggi

Just talking from a neutral point of view. I am neither Ibo nor Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Jamie248: 10:07am On Jan 21
Foolish old bastard

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by bigman001(m): 10:11am On Jan 21
fergie001:
Barbarians Have Taken Over Social Media - Soyinka

SOURCE

Let be truthful to ourselves,Prof is very right , in this part of the world , social media has lost so much value that immorality , lies, deceit, crimes , Adultery , hatred and greed has taken over the internet more than positivity impact it has made in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Alexis11: 10:12am On Jan 21
JealousCobra:

You sabi dem well mostly those ones from that begi begi region.

I'm very sure you are referring to these people. cool

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Odin13: 10:15am On Jan 21
Alaigbo:
Soyinka is not your father your are mistaken so the fool is right there in your house. It will be an honour for your father to stand behind Soyinka talk more of lacing his shoes.

I’m not Yoruba...

Next!
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by damkin24(m): 10:15am On Jan 21
God1000:

Detached himself from APC? Must everyone thinks like you do?
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by fortune1968: 10:20am On Jan 21
Penguin2:
All I have to say is that fools grow old too.

Don’t be a fool when you grow old. You hear?
When people talk the way you have spoken here ,they can only be relating to what they have seen in their culture and close relations .A renown man of intellect cannot be bothered by any ordinary mind or uninformed set of people.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Alexis11: 10:21am On Jan 21
Sermwell:

I'm not igbo but you lie oh!! An average igbo man I know will never go beg a Yoruba man for food!! grin grin The reverse can only be the case!! At least since Tinubu took over, I haven't heard anything Igbo man shouting "Ebi nkpa wa oh!! cheesy cheesy

Number one you are Igbo.

Number two most persons I've transferred money to on social media have Igbo names. grin
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by AcuraZDX: 10:23am On Jan 21
Alaigbo:
Those of us that take him serious don't give a flying furk what you obidient ipob think, we care leave if you wail to your doom or beyond.

You mean this Soyinka?

The joke is on you and those that supposedly trained you.

Hypocrite

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Biggest 2023 Election Lessons — Peter Obi / Amnesty International Reacts As Buhari Govt Slams Treason Charges On Sowore / 608 Repentant Boko Haram Insurgents Currently Undergoing Rehabilitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.