Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume (27060 Views)

There'll Be No Election If You Fail To Release Kanu In 2022 - Ohaneze To Buhari / Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next / RECAP: BREAKING: There'll Be War If They Rig This Election, Says Uche Secondus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by fergie001: 11:45am On Jan 24
Ali Ndume represents Borno South Senatorial District and is Chief Whip in the 10th Senate

Ndume & Seun Okin

On the relocation of some agencies of the FG to Abuja and the apprehension of the Northern elite

Ndume: It's not just about our Northern colleagues, this is a consensus because we only have one Federal Capital and that is Abuja. All these "Lagos boys_ that are thinking that Lagos is Nigeria are just misinforming or advising the President wrongly.

The Regulators of the financial institutions are supposed to be or are in Abuja. You want them to move because they say Lagos is the commercial capital. These are one of the mistakes and I am sure Mr President will reverse it because it doesn't work. You can't have two capitals or is the CBN Governor going to be operating from Lagos or the headquarters of the CBN is in Lagos?

Do you now say majority of our oil is extracted from the South South, you take NNPC to South South or is it because Nigeria's agricultural base is more in the North, you take the Ministry of Agriculture to anywhere in the North. It doesn't work that way and that is one of the problems that is cropping up but I am very sure and confident that Mr President will look at this because he is a Nationalist and not just a Lagos man. Some of these people, I repeat, some of these people think Lagos is Nigeria. Lagos is not Nigeria, Lagos is not the headquarters of Nigeria, the headquarters of Nigeria is in Abuja.

Seun Okin: ...but the CBN is saying some departments are only moving to Lagos for operational purposes

Ndume: Which operational purposes? Why was the headquarters moved from Lagos to Abuja, is it not because of the same congestion?

Seun Okin: ...only some units and departments are moving...

Ndume: If you are talking about proximity and space, why not you take them to Nasarawa, Kogi or Kaduna just nearby so that you can decongest the place and I even don't see any issue of congestion, because there is just going to be cost because they will also be running from Lagos to Abuja everytime spending more money and even exposing the workers to unnecessary risks. This is a decision that is not well-thought out and I think the President will do something about it, I am confident of that. If that does not happen, of course this is democracy, we know what to do.

Seun Okin: ..and what will that be?

Ndume: That will be when the President refuses to reverse it

Seun Okin: What will be the reaction?

Ndume: The reaction right now is don't try to bring in the case of tribalism into it. I am not a Hausa or Fulani man but I am a Northerner and I am a Nigerian first. And we say that since the headquarters of Nigeria was moved from Lagos because of congestion and inefficiency to Abuja where it is more Central and more of no man's land because the Gwaris and Gbagyis are the only people there. We have enough space there, CBN can rent any office or even build from scratch to increase efficiency but moving some departments to Lagos is not the best of ideas at all or even moving any agency for that matter.

Seun Okin: Is there any political undertone or ulterior motive ..?

Ndume: I don't want to believe there is, because I know the President that much, just that those political cartels that I told you, are in the corridors of power and trying to misinform the President.

The President will take action because he is a man that listens and corrects anything.

Some of them (political cartels) think they know better than everybody but they don't know anything.

When you don't know Nigeria, you only know Lagos then you start doing things as if Nigeria is Lagos.

Besides, they are not doing any favour to Mr President because this could have political consequences.

Seun Okin: Really?

Ndume: Yes, I am telling you this and those guys who are just sitting in their offices trying to hang onto Mr President will not be there to amend the political mistakes or even to correct it because they only know their offices and they only know that they have brains. It's politics.. Was it not politics that brought them to that office in the first place? If Tinubu had not won the election as the President, will the CBN Governor be where he is today?

Who brought Mr President to that office? Was it votes from Lagos that brought him to that office? No way, Lagos is in Nigeria and we will not accept this wrong decision.

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by Minime10(f): 11:53am On Jan 24
Usefull idiots, always fighting over inconsequentialities.
Collect stone for ya head🤾

135 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by Bobloco: 11:55am On Jan 24
angry

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by delpee(f): 12:01pm On Jan 24
I learnt that CBN has explained that they're only relocating some staff to Lagos and some other States to decongest Head Office and make those who actually work more in Lagos stay there. That makes economic sense to me.

I don't believe that the Head Office can be moved the way it's being presented to confuse us.

103 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by Bestbrain123(m): 12:03pm On Jan 24
Don't blame him THE OLD MAN MIGHT FALL FOR PRESURE. his too old to control the affaires of this country.

4 Likes

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by jchioma: 12:17pm On Jan 24
These people are crying wolf because they feel shortchanged now. All the disastrous decisions Buhari made we did not hear their opposition and threats.

CBN must be relocated to Lagos, reasons given were plausible. In fact all government and multinational corporations doing businesses in Nigeria should be domiciled at their places of operations.

This is why you have miners doing operations somewhere else but storing dynamites elsewhere.

Let oil companies go back to the Niger-Delta!

FAAN has been moved to Lagos already.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by Armaggedon: 12:31pm On Jan 24
With this, tinubu may have set the ball rolling for the collapse of Lagos. A new president, Northerner or not, fueled by the feeling of mistrust for southwesterners, will not only reverse the relocations but mandate all commercial banks to locate their headquarters in the FCT for ease of administration. Other chain of businesses in the financial and other sectors will naturally follow suit.

Bigoted and rigid mind can never navigate a complex and diverse setting. Never!

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by YourMajesty(m): 12:32pm On Jan 24
delpee:
I learnt that CBN has explained that they're only relocating some staff to Lagos and some other States to decongest Head Office and make those who actually work more in Lagos stay there. That makes economic sense to me.

I don't believe that the Head Office can be moved the way it's being presented to confuse us.
That's what they want their supporters to believe.

12 Likes

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by BadMaster: 12:40pm On Jan 24
Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by Jogs1900: 12:42pm On Jan 24
jchioma:
These people are crying wolf because they feel shortchanged now. All the disastrous decisions Buhari made we did not hear their opposition and threats.

CBN must be relocated to Lagos, reasons given were plausible. In fact all government and multinational corporations doing business in Nigeria should be domiciled at their

This is why you have miners doing operations somewhere else but storing dynamites elsewhere.

Let oil companies go back to the Niger Delta!

FAAN has been moved to Lagos already.
These northerners don't know anything. To them, everything is power and more power. All bank headquarters are in Lagos.70% of banking activities in Nigeria are done in Lagos. Cbn staff go to Lagos for inspection and at times spend 2 months there and would be lodged in the hotel and they will also collect out of station allowance which is waste. Being in Lagos will give them more time to monitor these banks very well..From the loan they disburse to form M they approve and cbn running cost will reduce.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by happney65: 12:46pm On Jan 24
Ndume is joking!

How dare you call Bulabalu a Nationalist? Someone that is even as Tribal if not tribal than Buhari?

Someone who's thugs on Election day will go beating up people of other ethnic group telling them not to come out and vote.

And his Main Guy saying if you vote for anybody else,he will throw you into the lagoon

Show me where else such happens in Nigeria

He has showed his nepotism and shown how nepotistic he is.

Anyways,He knows where to pause his nepotism sha.

When Fulani terrorists kill his people, like the coward he is. He goes to hide his face

He can't face the people that kill his people.

A bloody coward

Tueh!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by abhosts(m): 12:48pm On Jan 24
Bla bla bla. You political amateurs are thinking 2027 while Tinubu is thinking 2031 and beyond. If God or Nature do not interfere, Tinubu would turn Nigeria to his personal fiefdom as long as he exists. The Nigeria you once knew is gone.

Tinubu is now Nigeria and Nigeria is now Tinubu.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by Justiceleague1: 12:49pm On Jan 24
He says he e is Hausa or FULANI but a northerner.....

But they are all arewa.

Sad thing is,the abomination southerners see and take them as masters and will quickly betray and work against other south to please them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by Paraman: 1:07pm On Jan 24
Armaggedon:
With this, tinubu may have set the ball rolling for the collapse of Lagos. A new president, Northerner or not, fueled by the feeling of mistrust for southwesterners, will not only reverse the relocations but mandate all commercial banks to locate their headquarters in the FCT for ease of administration. Other chain of businesses in the financial and other sectors will naturally follow suit.

😅😅
Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by aariwa(m): 1:08pm On Jan 24
ndume is crying over northern elites them losing a multi billion dollar business. The money from bureau de change which CBN overseas may actually be more than money from oil revenues or have you ever asked yourself how abokis that change dollars have more dollar than banks. Forex crises in Nigeria today is multi billion dollar business and tinubu wants his own share from it. A friend of mine that got BDC license few years ago from CBN built up to five plazas at Asaba within one year at okpanam Asaba where a plot of land goes for 80-100m naira minimum…so you expect a man like tinubu to stop this lucrative business and do the right thing for Nigeria so that price of dollar would come down? I don’t think so

$770 = 1 million Naira.

3 town halls = 14 Balablue

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by madridguy(m): 1:14pm On Jan 24
You think the reasons given is genuine? To me I don't believe it because I see no reason why CBN will claim they're paying some staffs to come to Lagos, rent hotels for them bla bla bla and they're trying to cut cost.... What happened to the CBN staffs in Lagos? I believe there's CBN offices all over Nigeria...

Jogs1900:

These northerners don't know anything. To them, everything is power and more power. All bank headquarters are in Lagos.70% of banking activities in Nigeria are done in Lagos. Cbn staff go to Lagos for inspection and at times spend 2 months there and would be lodged in the hotel and they will also collect out of station allowance which is waste. Being in Lagos will give them more time to monitor these banks very well..From the loan they disburse to form M they approve.

11 Likes

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by papyjaypaul: 1:17pm On Jan 24
Armaggedon:

Ask Unity bank how far

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by TimeManager(m): 1:17pm On Jan 24
Here just to remind everyone that Jagaban is the President and will be President for 8years. Anything else is irrelevant and inconsequential

-kiss the truth!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by Jogs1900: 1:19pm On Jan 24
madridguy:
You think the reasons given is genuine? To me I don't believe it because I see no reason why CBN will claim they're paying some staffs to come to Lagos, rent hotels for them bla bla bla and they're trying to cut cost.... What happened to the CBN staffs in Lagos? I believe there's CBN offices all over Nigeria...

Banking supervision is done by CBN headquarters..Its beyond what CBN in every state does..Lagos CBN is just like regular CBN branches in other states and the only thing they do is to handle cash...Even banks send their daily vault and other reports to CBN headquarter in Abuja.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by Jogs1900: 1:20pm On Jan 24
papyjaypaul:

Ask Unity bank how far
You sabi unity bank story well well...Even with their northern influence, they couldn't cope till they relocated their head office to Lagos.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by LeeSmart: 1:24pm On Jan 24
Nothing will happen, these northern elite should go nd rest... Like i said before former president buhari has done worse than this nd nothing happened.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by duduade: 1:27pm On Jan 24
Una dey crazeee

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:29pm On Jan 24
This man and mouth action grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:33pm On Jan 24
TimeManager:
Here just to remind everyone that Jagaban is the President and will be President for 8years. Anything else is irrelevant and inconsequential

-kiss the truth!

Including your life

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by DMerciful(m): 2:25pm On Jan 24
Tinubu has been shouting restructuring since the 90s, what is he waiting for?
delpee:

3 Likes

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by DMerciful(m): 2:26pm On Jan 24
Lets restructure the damn country!
Armaggedon:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by DMerciful(m): 2:28pm On Jan 24
You guys think you're wiser, continue!
Jogs1900:

These northerners don't know anything. To them, everything is power and more power. All bank headquarters are in Lagos.70% of banking activities in Nigeria are done in Lagos. Cbn staff go to Lagos for inspection and at times spend 2 months there and would be lodged in the hotel and they will also collect out of station allowance which is waste. Being in Lagos will give them more time to monitor these banks very well..From the loan they disburse to form M they approve.

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by DMerciful(m): 2:29pm On Jan 24
How many more years does he have? Nigeria nor be Lagos
abhosts:
Bla bla bla. You political amateurs are thinking 2027 while Tinubu is thinking 2031 and beyond. If God or Nature do not interfere, Tinubu would turn Nigeria to his personal fiefdom as long as he exists. The Nigeria you once knew is gone.

Tinubu is now Nigeria and Nigeria is now Tinubu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by DMerciful(m): 2:33pm On Jan 24
Tinubu is trying to bring back Lagos political glory and influence. The explanation they gave is them trying to gaslight themselves.

For me, lets restructuring this country with the 1963 constitution else we will start another problem of different presidents doing tit for tat
madridguy:

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by Jogs1900: 2:35pm On Jan 24
DMerciful:
You guys think you're wiser, continue!
We are talking of banking activities here..Counter my post intelligently.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume by sanpipita(m): 2:38pm On Jan 24
Northerners always protect their interests, Southerners who were defending buhari can cover their heads in shame, they always sell out.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ajimobi Meets APC Governorship Aspirants (Photos) / Rabiu Yusuf Is Dead / PDP Holds Emergency Meeting, May Postpone Convention To Counter APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.