Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Can The North Stand Alone? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The North Stand Alone? (17896 Views)

Why Re The Biafrans Scared To Stand Alone..? / Afenifere Group: Yoruba Will Stand Alone If Military Takes Over / If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The North Stand Alone? by PointB: 9:40am On Nov 08, 2011
Can the North Stand Alone?

It is obvious that every commentator from core Northern part of the country are scare stiff of a divided Nigeria.
Does it mean that the North cannot live on their own, I mean without the SW, SE, and Middle Belt?
Can the North ever dream of living on their own, in Arewa Republic?

Will they go to war to enforce unity if there were to be secession by the SE/SS, or SW?

What role will the Middle belt play in all these. The Berom, the Southern Kaduna, the Tiv/Idoma, the Igala, Nupe, etc?
Will they facilitate or hinder that potential march of the Hausa/Fulani towards the a seceded SE/SS or SW?

Will there even be war if in case of session?

Alj Harem, Namfav, what do you guys have to say?
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by Bawss1(m): 9:48am On Nov 08, 2011
The North can, by developing its agricultural and tourism industries, stand alone. . .to a reasonable extent. But it appears its leaders have been too blinded by the oil money from the south and so do not have the will to develop themselves.
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by olawalebabs(m): 11:23am On Nov 08, 2011
do you think if the country should break up (God forbid), the SS, SE and SW will be together, never. everybody will go their separate way. that is the plain truth
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by Afam4eva(m): 11:28am On Nov 08, 2011
The north can and will stand on their. But how tall they'll stand should be the matter of contention. Afterall Somalia, Rwanda and Niger are standing on their own. Even though they're standing alongside poverty and disease. If Somalia can stand, then the north can equally stand.

@Olawale
Nobody is saying the SE, SW and SS will be one country. They could divide into twenty countries for all I care.
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by PointB: 11:29am On Nov 08, 2011
Bawss1:

The North can, by developing its agricultural and tourism industries, stand alone. . .to a reasonable extent. But it appears its leaders have been too blinded by the oil money from the south and so do not have the will to develop themselves.

That's is a good one. It means potentially they can.
But you need to explain the 'reasonable extent'?

Oil money from the south will not be forever, eventually the oil will dry up. What happens then?
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by PointB: 11:30am On Nov 08, 2011
olawalebab:

do you think if the country should break up (God forbid), the SS, SE and SW will be together, never. everybody will go their separate way. that is the plain truth

The SE. SS, SW can stand on their own are are ready.
The question here is the north?

Which group (states) do you think can live together in the North, and how will the thrive?
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by namfav(m): 11:34am On Nov 08, 2011
the north has always stood on its own 2 feet, how did the south stand without the oil? the north was a model, it revolutionized agriculture in the region
you may follow the link
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6212-Economic-Philosophy-and-Principles-of-Sokoto-Caliphate

it is funny how you people eat your meat with your vegetables, were do you think it comes from? from your backyards?
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by Afam4eva(m): 11:40am On Nov 08, 2011
Beef is not the only meat there is. I can always eat Chicken, Ewu and Pork. Kpakpata, I'll consider dog meat. Afterall Ondo and Calabar people are not complaining. Fish sef they there. As a matter of fact, I've gotten tired of beef.
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by olawalebabs(m): 11:41am On Nov 08, 2011
PointB:

The SE. SS, SW can stand on their own are are ready.
The question here is the north?

Which group (states) do you think can live together in the North, and how will the thrive?

The Core northerners will stand together, the question suppose to be the SS, aside the oil, can they survive?
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by Desola(f): 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2011
See okoro man and wayo o, cleverly writing SS/SE as if they were an entity already. Ole, barawo banza!

The question is: how will the ibos fare if we decide to shoot them back to their eroded villages? How would they fare without attaching themselves to the oil of the ND?

Now, that is the question!
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by PointB: 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2011
namfav:

the north has always stood on its own 2 feet, how did the south stand without the oil? the north was a model, it revolutionized agriculture in the region
you may follow the link
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6212-Economic-Philosophy-and-Principles-of-Sokoto-Caliphate

it is funny how you people eat your meat with your vegetables, were do you think it comes from? from your backyards?

Fair enough. If the North can stand on it two feet, why are the scare of losing any section of the country? What exactly is the origin of the primordial fear of the north for a split with the south?
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by namfav(m): 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2011
grin you too much

Desola:

See okoro man and wayo o, cleverly writing SS/SE as if they were an entity already. Ole, barawo banza!

The question is: how will the ibos fare if we decide to shoot them back to their eroded villages? How would they fare without attaching themselves to the oil of the ND?

Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by namfav(m): 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2011
have you learnt anything from history, if i were an ibo i will think twice about biafra
who says the north is scared of split?

PointB:

Fair enough. If the North can stand on it two feet, why are the scare of losing any section of the country? What exactly is the origin of the primordial fear of the north for a split with the south?
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by PointB: 12:26pm On Nov 08, 2011
Desola:

Don't be mischievous,
The SE has oil, gas and goal, but most importantly they have the human resources. And no body is thinking of shooting anyone, least of all SW shooting at Igbos. Besides, it has been concluded here several, that a chunk of the SS are Igbos, and they would gladly join their brethren in an emergent nation.

So the question again, how will the North fare?
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by PointB: 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2011
namfav:

have you learnt anything from history, if i were an ibo i will think twice about biafra
who says the north is scared of split?

About Biafra happening again,

Do you think a Berom, Tiv, and Idoma will grant you easy and unfettered access to Biafra?
How do you think the Ijaws will respond to Biafra?
How about the SW?
And the international community - US, UK, France, how do you think they will respond to an 'Islamic aggressor'?

Who do you really think should think twice about Biafra, the SE/SS or you in the [i]sharia [/i]North?
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2011
1953 before oil was discovered,the north wanted a secession but Zik said no.So if today,they decide to leave,i'm pretty sure they will survive not only by agricultural produce but help from saudi,iran and other muslim countries !
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by namfav(m): 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2011
poeple will see through you, somehow you will find a way to piss off everyone like in the 1960s
sharia can be compromised in nigeria, biafra no way

PointB:

About Biafra happening again,

Do you think a Berom, Tiv, and Idoma will grant you easy and unfettered access to Biafra?
How do you think the Ijaws will respond to Biafra?
How about the SW?
And the international community - US, UK, France, how do you think they will respond to an 'Islamic aggressor'?

Who do you really think should think twice about Biafra, the SE/SS or you in the [i]sharia [/i]North?

Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by 9javoice1(m): 12:44pm On Nov 08, 2011
whenever SE talks about Nigeria unity my SW bros will talk division
when we talk division our SW bros will talk unity.
but now the point is "can the north be able to stand alone" ?

This question is because from head man to last man in north East and north west
none openly says "They wanna be free from this union" they also not patriotic to the
union eight er cuz they support their boko bros that wanna islamise us all against our will.
meanwhile north east and northwest are the only region that lives out the life of division in the country.
by introducing sharia in the polity and thereby making their territories sharian states
" irrespective of other religions among them.

here in the south east,south south,north central and southwest we are mix yet no religion
claims the state to be theirs,
we live by the national law not by any religious sect laws.
you can see the country is divided already by Hausa/Fulani's.
yet they are afraid to stand alone. and that is the point here
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by Desola(f): 12:48pm On Nov 08, 2011
PointB:

Don't be mischievous,
The SE has oil, gas and goal, but most importantly they have the human resources. And no body is thinking of shooting anyone, least of all SW shooting at Igbos. Besides, it has been concluded here several, that a chunk of the SS are Igbos, and they would gladly join their brethren in an emergent nation.

So the question again, how will the North fare?

Who are these ibo chunk you speak of? I think it will augur well for you to start dropping the names of these so called 'ibo chunk' so that we know exactly what you are mischievously aiming at.

By the way, who are the faceless ones that concluded here that ND consist predominantly of ibos? Are you by any chance referring to your many monikers and that of your ibo brothers who take on different personas and lie that they are delta ibos who support biafra or are you going by the bullshit being fed to you by beaf? Have you actually left your cybercafe chair and conducted a real life research on the streets of ND? How did you fare in tertiary education (assuming you had one) with your armchair research? You are even more s.t.upid than I thought!

Yes, there is no doubt that you have human resources but hello, The north holds stronger sway in that department than yourselves and as a matter of fact, ever African nation! However, where would you house these your human resources when your land has been abused and raped by erosion?

Except you lot get better at making better quality goods and improve on your movie production, what more are you lot good for? When you do go your way, have you thought of where your raw materials for making these substandard good would come from? May I remind you that these "backward Northerners" whom according to uou and your mentor - beaf are leeches, provide a good chunk of it? Oh, no, you thought the materials come from Onitsha?

You people need to get off your effing high horse and smell the coffee! Devoid of Nollywood and aba made apparells, you lot don't bring jack robinson to the table in the Nigerian entity! Even your so called nollywood is a clan business that is meant to feed people of your region alone and we can see how far that as got you in your enclaves!

The North is more viable than you lot and are more pro Nigeria and contributed far more to its sustenance than you ar.sewipes!

The north are certainly not scared to do away with Nigeria but want a share of the ND cake just like you effing thieves! No be una say make we wait for them until they are ready for independence? So you want them to leave and let you lot milk the ND alone? Ole barawo banzas!

1 Like

Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by ektbear: 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2011
This thread seems timely and relevant:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-798788.0.html

I think that the North would be able to maintain the status quo, at least? Would just need to find a new revenue source (essentially raising taxes/IGR substantially.)

Let's put this way. . . at least purely from the perspective of "How much money do we need to make up from what we don't have access to any more?", the north isn't in much of a worse spot than say the SE zone (or the SW minus Lagos).
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by 9javoice1(m): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2011
@pointB
pls take it easy in your answer's. can't you see that the Hausa boy is here to derail your post.
He want our SW brothers to join him derail the post,
so be-careful in answering his unreasonable questions.

The Mali,Niger,Somalia and chad has agriculture and so forth yet poverty holds them bound.
So namfav think well. your leaders knows better that is why they keep mute.

when we all part our ways,the s-west,s-east and others will never buy food stuffs whatsoever from the north.
they will grow their own farm which they all has started as we all know.
tell me how the NE,NW will make money from their so called agriculture.

i strongly blv Hausa/Fulani will never survive poverty in-case of parting ways.
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by PointB: 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2011
namfav:

poeple will see through you, somehow you will find a way to piss off everyone like in the 1960s
sharia can be compromised in nigeria, biafra no way

Lol, Sharia can be compromised? The same sharia that Boko Haram is killing for claiming that it is already compromised? Sell that idea to the Marines, cos even the Berom and Tiv man will not believe you, let alone far south.

Compromised sharia my back side.
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by ektbear: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2011
Another thing to keep in mind is that probably most of the federal allocation accruing to the North is stolen anyways by some big guys connected to the state governments.

So does it really matter if that small clique doesn't have access to any more money to steal? Will this materially impact the life of your average guy? Probably not.

So isn't quite as bad as some are making out.
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by PointB: 3:09pm On Nov 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

Another thing to keep in mind is that probably most of the federal allocation accruing to the North is stolen anyways by some big guys connected to the state governments.

So does it really matter if that small clique doesn't have access to any more money to steal? Will this materially impact the life of your average guy? Probably not.

So isn't quite as bad as some are making out.

I think you have good point here.

If the North can deal effectively with the thieves in their midst, ensuring that their IGR is well utilized for infrastructure development. Will that help?
As per federal allocation, I am assuming a situation where there is no federal allocation (as there will be no federal government) what happens then?
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by namfav(m): 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2011
you obviously dont understand when i said compromise who says that the issue of maiduguri is sanctioned by sharia? they are doing it on there own will, the dont represent sharia law or islam, why is it that you ibo guys tend to act ignorant and try to flame people everywhere? compromise as in sharia is not allowing it on non muslims, most nigerians would not want to be next to biafra, compared to the nigerians that would mind living next to us (northerners), people dont trust the se, we are living in a age were we can refer ot history

PointB:

Lol, Sharia can be compromised? The same sharia that Boko Haram is killing for claiming that it is already compromised? Sell that idea to the Marines, cos even the Berom and Tiv man will not believe you, let alone far south.

Compromised sharia my back side.
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by Beaf: 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2011
I don't understand why Desola and co always talk like traitors. It goes the other way too, when SE folk derail SW threads, but this thread is neither. What has the topic got to do with SE/SW rivalries?

The rest of us are totally sick of such behaviour. Please people, kindly shut up if you are incapable of discussing a wider Nigeria and let wiser heads crack on.
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by namfav(m): 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2011
leave desola alone, why do you speak like a colonialist angry angry

Beaf:

I don't understand why Desola and co always talk like traitors. It goes the other way too, when SE folk derail SW threads, but this thread is neither. What has the topic got to do with SE/SW rivalries?

The rest of us are totally sick of such behaviour. Please people, kindly shut up if you are incapable of discussing a wider Nigeria and let wiser heads crack on.
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by Beaf: 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2011
namfav:

you obviously dont understand when i said compromise who says that the issue of maiduguri is sanctioned by sharia? they are doing it on there own will, the dont represent sharia law or islam, why is it that you ibo guys tend to act ignorant and try to flame people everywhere? compromise as in sharia is not allowing it on non muslims, most nigerians would not want to be next to biafra, compared to the nigerians that would mind living next to us (northerners), people dont trust the se, we are living in a age were we can refer ot history

You always post from a perspective of self pride, never from hard reality.
Boko haram has made it clear that they are fighting for an Islamised Nigeria that is based on sharia, but here you arguing the opposite. Its called self deception.

About not trusting the SE? That is purely a core-Northern thing that arose from the war and it is something that says to the unbiased observer that the SE has been deliberately maligned and subjugated for the benefit of the core-North, a region that has put religious considerstions before humanity and allowed itself be driven into a spiral of ever increasingly shortsighted cultural policies. It takes a certain degree of societal closed mindedness for evil like boko haram to flourish.
The deep societal malaise in the core-North has been driven even deeper by a virulently parasitic elite who have totally written off the core-Norths economic potential for a cup of oil from the SS with two sugars from the SE and milk from the SW.
Where are your groundnut pyramids? Where is your cotton? Where are your industries?

The core-North is in dire need of new leadership.
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by ronkebp(f): 3:49pm On Nov 08, 2011
It is obvious from some comments here that the north can stand alone, and if that is the case, i think it is best if there is a division between the northerners and the other parts of the country, because, it does not seem as if there would be unity at all between the states, more so they are the majority. Lets handle it with maturity before our country turns to rwanda ooooo (God forbid).
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by manchy7531: 4:42pm On Nov 08, 2011
@ desola

By the way, who are the faceless ones that concluded here that ND consist predominantly of ibos? Are you by any chance referring to your many monikers and that of your ibo brothers who take on different personas and lie that they are delta ibos who support biafra or are you going by the bullshit being fed to you by beaf? Have you actually left your cybercafe chair and conducted a real life research on the streets of ND? How did you fare in tertiary education (assuming you had one) with your armchair research? You are even more s.t.upid than I thought!

as at last week my cousin doing business in Nnewi(also a massob member) told me that there is no weapon that you can call that has not yet been secretly produced and some military generals know.

also that right now, they have weapons that can fight Nigeria to a stand still for 5yrs minimum without international help

he also told me that it will be Igbo/ND against our enemy of progress, he said most of the ND militants that we hear most are Igbos(rivers,delta,imo&abia) and Ijaw(mainly Bayelsa & delta)

he also sald most of the ijaw militans are loyal to their igbos cos they know it will be to their detriment if they don't fight alone without the Igbos and ofcourse the igbo technological gift and also as a big brother

This is to tell all those saying that the ijaw will not join forces with the igbo in the eventual break out of war. The ijaws and the Igbos are already secretly planing for there fredom and with GOD on our side,it will come to pass this time cos the mistake of 1966 will be noted

We only have to wait for 2015 first cos America that predicted the break up of Nigeria by 2015 know what they must have seen and for your information America and Israel are solidly behind the igbos&ND,they want to use the Igbos and ND struggle to curtail the North.

There are rumors that the Chinese want to open a consulate in Anambra,if that is true that will tell you that some foreign nations already know where Nigeria is heading to and they are already taking measure so as not to loose their investments, but our leaders are still blinded by our oil,they have failed to read the handwriting on the wall

WE just have to pray to God,cos NIGERIA this time will burn to ashes
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 08, 2011
Stand alone? Yet to know of a vampire surviving without blood!
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by manchy7531: 4:49pm On Nov 08, 2011
Except you lot get better at making better quality goods and improve on your movie production, what more are you lot good for? When you do go your way, have you thought of where your raw materials for making these substandard good would come from? May I remind you that these "backward Northerners" whom according to uou and your mentor - beaf are leeches, provide a good chunk of it? Oh, no, you thought the materials come from Onitsha?

You people need to get off your effing high horse and smell the coffee! Devoid of Nollywood and aba made apparells, you lot don't bring jack robinson to the table in the Nigerian entity! Even your so called nollywood is a clan business that is meant to feed people of your region alone and we can see how far that as got you in your enclaves!

U are just an ignorant, dump, tribal, bigot, ode.okponu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. / Civilians Among Dead In Nigeria's Boko-Haram Offensive - Aljazeera / Zakzaky's Brother Supports Army's Actions During Zaria Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.