Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Did God Create The Devil? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Create The Devil? (3564 Views)

Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? / Bible Contradiction - Did God Create Man First Or Created Man And Woman Together / Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:10pm On Feb 01
FxMasterz:

There's no evidence that Jude got the text from oral tradition. Infact, there's no such oral tradition in Judaism.

He quoted Enoch.directly without insinuating that he heard it from Jesus. He said "Enock the 7th from Adam prophesied..."

Where did he get Enoch's prophecy from? Your answers shouldn't be based on assumptions.

Ezra, Moses, and Luke already wrote that Enoch was 7th in line from Adam while compiling the genealogies. They must have likely known or heard some things that some of those people did or said even though they may not have been part of the sacred scriptures.
Joshua and Samuel made reference to the Book of Jasher
Jude did not
The writers of the Book of Enoch wrote it about 5000 years after the existence of Enoch. Where did they get the information from?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:12pm On Feb 01
FxMasterz:

Where he quoted Enock from is significant. He didn't quote him from the air.

The book of Enoch was in circulation at the time of Jude. Jude claimed he was quoting Enoch in a particular statement of his. Where could he have quoted Enoch from?

The book of Enoch is said to have been written at about 100-200BCE... That is about 5000 years after Enoch lived. I guess the writers quote him from the air then. Where did they get the source from?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by FxMasterz: 10:15pm On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

Ezra, Moses, and Luke already wrote that Enoch was 7th in line from Adam while compiling the genealogies. They must have likely known or heard some things that some of those people did or said even though they may not have been part of the sacred scriptures.
Joshua and Samuel made reference to the Book of Jasher
Jude did not
The writers of the Book of Enoch wrote it about 5000 years after the existence of Enoch. Where did they get the information from?

You see the bolded part? Assumptions!!

The Book of Enoch having a fictitious source does not imply that nobody can quote from it.

Please tell us where Jude quoted from with all authority.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by FxMasterz: 10:17pm On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

The book of Enoch is said to have been written at about 100-200BCE... That is about 5000 years after Enoch lived. I guess the writers quote him from the air then. Where did they get the source from?

Wherever the writers wrote from is not anyone's concern. How could Jude have quoted same book word for word? That's the question.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:17pm On Feb 01
FxMasterz:

The Book of Enoch having a fictitious source does not imply that nobody can quote from it.

It could be under inspiration
Or it was known among the Jews

Where did the writers of Enoch get information from? Especially regarding a man who lived 5000 years ago
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by FxMasterz: 10:22pm On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

Or it was known among the Jews[

Where did the writers of Enoch get information from? Especially regarding a man who lived 5000 years ago

The bolded indicates that you're still based on assumptions.

I have no issue with the writer of the book of Enoch. It's not a special book to me as a person. If you are worried about the source of the writers, you can apply the same logic you're applying to Jude - "They could have written it under inspiration or it was known among the Jews."

Where did Jude quote from if there's in the name of the same person he's quoting which carries the same statements he made word for word?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:32am On Feb 02
Aemmyjah:

Or it was known among the Jews

When God's people are talking i bow!

Before i became one of Jehovah's Witnesses i don't understand what it means to be called "God's people" because i was confused as to what is inspired and how to recognize inspired writings but after i began studying with Jehovah's Witnesses i discovered a lot of sacred secrets.
One secret is that among God's ancient people the first writer whose writings were regarded as inspired is Moses and God revealed all the things that has happened prior to the time Israelites got to Egypt. So with the great miraculous works God did through Moses who walked among the Israelites as a God {Exodus 7:1} there can't be any Israelite who will raise his mouth to speak against the writings of the first prophet God called among the Israelites: Moses! Deuteronomy 34:10

Before Moses there was no inspired writings all what God's people had back then was mouth to mouth information which was never accurate.
So when Jude referred to Enoch he wasn't talking about a literal book written by Enoch rather he was referring to what Moses said about Enoch in the scriptures it was as if Enoch wrote books as his testimony against his generation made God to end his life abruptly for him not to continue being taunted by the evildoers of his time.
But you know whenever Satan gets to find any reason to mislead unbelievers he will set up a stumbling block before them just as he tried to turn Moses into an idol after his death what demons often do is to photocopy the physic of someone and put it on to appear before others so even though the person is dead the demons will make their audience believe that the dead is somewhere alive {1Samuel 28:16-19} Jude was inspired to warn us that Satan tried the same with the body of Moses but Michael did not allow him! Jude 1:9 smiley
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:16am On Feb 02
FxMasterz:

The bolded indicates that you're still based on assumptions.

I have no issue with the writer of the book of Enoch. It's not a special book to me as a person. If you are worried about the source of the writers, you can apply the same logic you're applying to Jude - "They could have written it under inspiration or it was known among the Jews."

Where did Jude quote from if there's in the name of the same person he's quoting which carries the same statements he made word for word?

Samuel and Joshua made reference to the Book of Jasher
Jude did not mention any book of Enoch
Again, answer me, where did the writers of the book of Enoch get the information of what Enoch said about 5000 years ago?
From the air?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:18am On Feb 02
FxMasterz:

Wherever the writers wrote from is not anyone's concern. How could Jude have quoted same book word for word? That's the question.

He did not copy any book. Did he?
Where did the writers of Enoch got their information from about what Enoch said and did (Enoch that existed about 5000 years earlier). Who did these writers quote or reference? Or na imagination?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:19am On Feb 02
FxMasterz:

Jude could have quoted from a fictitious source and it will be among the books of the Bible?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 6:27am On Feb 02
Aemmyjah:

Secrets of Enoch?
It's ok

Have you read the Goals of Enoch?

Cease going through reviews and hearsay and replying me using those.
Go and read the Book of Enoch and the Secrets of Enoch. Then you come tell me what you find there.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:36am On Feb 02
Westerhoffe:

Go and read the Book of Enoch and the Secrets of Enoch. Then you come tell me what you find there.

What part of the Bible can this book be found Old or New Testament? smiley
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:36am On Feb 02
Westerhoffe:

If you like
I have no time for reading the Apocrypha
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:39am On Feb 02
Aemmyjah:

Jude could have quoted from a fictitious source and it will be among the books of the Bible?
Now you know why only JWs are able to work as an ORGANIZED people in doing what Jesus taught all others are tossed about with every wind of teaching {Ephesians 4:14} as they failed to stand firm for what is inspired! 2Timothy 3:16-17
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:51am On Feb 02
MaxInDHouse:

What part of the Bible can this book be found Old or New Testament? smiley

Aemmyjah:

If you like
I have no time for reading the Apocrypha

That it is not added does not render it invalid.
Read through it and make the discovery yourself.

You and anyone else who condemned the books did so because you couldn't bear the strong, hard, heart-rending, eye-opening, scary, expository, and fearful content of the books.

I have also shown no interest in both books until I decided to. Then afterwards I asked myself why such books were not included in the Bible.

But for people like you, you'd still find a way to misinterpret them even if you read them due to your limited access to the wisdom beyond. Just as you can see the Bible made reference to these two books but you are still arguing to show your level of ignorance instead of trying to learn more.

I have always known JWs to spread false and contorted doctrines.
So I'm not surprised at you both either.

It's your way of always trying to shield the truth from the world.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:59am On Feb 02
Westerhoffe:

Since it's not added then it's completely useless to the Christian faith! smiley
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by FxMasterz: 8:02am On Feb 02
Aemmyjah:

You're digressing.

I'm not concerned about whether the source is fictitious or not. Where did Jude quote from? Please stop assuming.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by FxMasterz: 8:03am On Feb 02
Aemmyjah:

He did not copy any book. Did he?
Where did the writers of Enoch got their information from about what Enoch said and did (Enoch that existed about 5000 years earlier). Who did these writers quote or reference? Or na imagination?

Forget about the writers of Enoch. You should keep a discussion on track without digressing.

Where did Jude quote from ?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by FxMasterz: 8:07am On Feb 02
Aemmyjah:

Samuel and Joshua made reference to the Book of Jasher
Jude did not mention any book of Enoch
Again, answer me, where did the writers of the book of Enoch get the information of what Enoch said about 5000 years ago?
From the air?

You're attempting a serious digression. How many times would I have to tell you that the source the writers of Enoch is not what we're discussing here.

Jude quoted Enock word for word. There's no other place in the entire universe where the word Jude quoted was written. It's not even in the oral tradition of the Jews. The only place that word has existed is the book of Enoch. Tell us where Jude quoted from without attempting a digression or trying I to play the game of assumptions.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:37am On Feb 02
FxMasterz:

Jude quoted Enock word for word.

When talking about INSPIRATION it doesn't have to be quoting someone else rather most cases the inspired writer is talking about what happened that is not open nor written.

For instance only Jude wrote about what Satan tried to do with the body of Moses when angels were sent to bury him which now shows that it was God Himself that came down to bury Moses rather angels did it as God's messengers!

Again Jude was inspired to tell us what angels that left heaven for what is unnatural for them faced!

Again Jude was inspired to tell us that it wasn't only Sodom and Gomorrah that perished that time but towns and cities around them also got the same kind of judgement.

So when he talked about Enoch it doesn't mean that Enoch who lived before Noah wrote any book rather it's what he told his contemporaries which angels must have recorded as his testimony against that wicked generation that he is talking about.

Satan is very intelligent he would quickly use some good for nothing humans as his agents to fabricate some writings and name it after Enoch then imput what Jude said to make you feel the rest of the misinformation also stems from Enoch! smiley
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:43am On Feb 02
Aemmyjah:

Satan is very intelligent!

All these arguments about Enoch being a writer is just to authenticate some information that's found in some random book claimed to have been written by Enoch it's not about what Jude actually said about Enoch that Satan is working at for now! wink
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:54am On Feb 02
FxMasterz:

You're attempting a serious digression. How many times would I have to tell you that the source the writers of Enoch is not what we're discussing here.

Jude quoted Enock word for word. There's no other place in the entire universe where the word Jude quoted was written. It's not even in the oral tradition of the Jews. The only place that word has existed is the book of Enoch. Tell us where Jude quoted from without attempting a digression or trying I to play the game of assumptions.

Oga
Calm down
Jude quoted Enoch
The writers of the book of Enoch wrote the book about 100 or 200 years before Jude
But Enoch himself lived about 5000 years earlier
Where did those writers get the information from about the life of someone who lived 5000 years ago?
Answer
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:54am On Feb 02
FxMasterz:

Forget about the writers of Enoch. You should keep a discussion on track without digressing.

Where did Jude quote from ?

The bible does not state
😎
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:55am On Feb 02
FxMasterz:

You're digressing.

I'm not concerned about whether the source is fictitious or not. Where did Jude quote from? Please stop assuming.

Where did Jude say he quoted from?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:56am On Feb 02
Westerhoffe:

Read through it and make the discovery yourself.

You and anyone else who condemned the books did so because you couldn't bear the strong, hard, heart-rending, eye-opening, scary, expository, and fearful content of the books.

I have also shown no interest in both books until I decided to. Then afterwards I asked myself why such books were not included in the Bible.

But for people like you, you'd still find a way to misinterpret them even if you read them due to your limited access to the wisdom beyond. Just as you can see the Bible made reference to these two books but you are still arguing to show your level of ignorance instead of trying to learn more.

I have always known JWs to spread false and contorted doctrines.
So I'm not surprised at you both either.

It's your way of always trying to shield the truth from the world.

You read the Apocrypha
I read the Bible
What truths am I shielding
What contorted doctrines am I spreading? undecided
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:57am On Feb 02
Westerhoffe:

I'm not interested
Will you tell me what to read and what not to read?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:58am On Feb 02
MaxInDHouse:

When talking about INSPIRATION it doesn't have to be quoting someone else rather most cases the inspired writer is talking about what happened that is not open nor written.

For instance only Jude wrote about what Satan tried to do with the body of Moses when angels were sent to bury him which now shows that it was God Himself that came down to bury Moses rather angels did it as God's messengers!

Again Jude was inspired to tell us what angels that left heaven for what is unnatural for them faced!

Again Jude was inspired to tell us that it wasn't only Sodom and Gomorrah that perished that time but towns and cities around them also got the same kind of judgement.

So when he talked about Enoch it doesn't mean that Enoch who lived before Noah wrote any book rather it's what he told his contemporaries which angels must have recorded as his testimony against that wicked generation that he is talking about.

Satan is very intelligent he would quickly use some good for nothing humans as his agents to fabricate some writings and name it after Enoch then imput what Jude said to make you feel the rest of the misinformation also stems from Enoch! smiley

The Book of Enoch says that it was 200 angels that rebelled against God and slept with women. Ask him if that is true
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Sirmwill: 9:59am On Feb 02
Aemmyjah:

The Book of Enoch says that it was 200 angels that rebelled against God and slept with women. Ask him if that is true
The book of Enoch

Some of you are reading Fiction
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:02am On Feb 02
Aemmyjah:

They don't know how to focus on what is really important so it's better you leave them alone! undecided
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:03am On Feb 02
Sirmwill:

The book of Enoch

There is no book of Enoch! smiley
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 10:04am On Feb 02
MaxInDHouse:

Since it's not added then it's completely useless to the Christian faith! smiley

And what have you done to the ones added to the Bible if not misquote and misinterpret?
Even if it was added, you'd do what you've always done, twist and misinterpret it as always.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:09am On Feb 02
Sirmwill:

The book of Enoch

That book is very fictional
I dunno why some people still want it to be added to the scriptures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

End-time Bible Teaching: The Book With The 7 SEALS (PART 1) / How Can I Download English Baptist Hymnal / Check Mate Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.