Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Did God Create The Devil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Create The Devil? (3403 Views)

Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? / Bible Contradiction - Did God Create Man First Or Created Man And Woman Together / Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:14pm On Jan 31
The Bible's Answer

Since the Bible says that God “created all things,” some have concluded that God must have created the Devil. (Ephesians 3:9; Revelation 4:11) The Bible clearly shows that he did not.

Jehovah created the person who became the Devil. Thus, the existence of this one as the chief opposer of God must be reconciled with what the Scriptures reveal about Jehovah as the Creator. Of him, it is said: “Perfect is his activity, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice; righteous and upright is he.” (Deuteronomy 32:3-5) From that statement, we can conclude that Satan had at one time been perfect and righteous, namely, one of God’s angelic sons. At John 8:44, Jesus said that the Devil “did not stand fast in the truth,” implying that Satan had at one time been truthful and guiltless.

However, like the rest of Jehovah’s intelligent creatures, the angel who became Satan had the freedom to choose between right and wrong. By choosing a course in opposition to God and inciting the first human couple to join him, he made himself Satan, which means “Resister.”​—Genesis 3:1-5.

That wicked spirit creature also made himself the Devil, meaning “Slanderer.” Satan was the invisible pretender who was behind the serpent and cunningly used lies to trick Eve into disobeying the Creator’s plainly stated law. That is why Jesus called Satan “the father of the lie.”​—John 8:44.

How, though, could a perfect spirit creature​—who had neither weaknesses from within nor wicked influences from without—​become wrongly inclined? He evidently craved worship that belonged only to God and saw the possibility of bringing humans under his rule instead of that of Jehovah. By continuing to dwell on this prospect of rulership instead of dismissing it, he allowed the idea to fester until, at last, he acted upon it. The process is described in the book of James: “Each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin.”​—James 1:14, 15; 1 Timothy 3:6.

To illustrate: Imagine an accountant who sees an opportunity to manipulate records in such a way as to steal from his company for personal profit. He might quickly dismiss that wrong thought. If, instead, he dwells on this possibility, then the idea will grow in its appeal, and he is likely to carry it out. If he does, he has, in effect, made himself a thief. If he lies about his crime, he becomes a liar too. In a similar way, by cultivating wrong desires and acting on them, the angel whom God created used his free will to engage in deception and rebel against his Father, thus making himself Satan the Devil.

Thankfully, Satan the Devil will be destroyed in God’s due time. (Romans 16:20) Meanwhile, worshippers of Jehovah God are informed of Satan’s designs and given protection from his machinations. (2 Corinthians 2:11; Ephesians 6:11) So by all means “oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you.”​—James 4:7.

©
https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/wp20110301/Did-God-Create-the-Devil/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Naijanascam: 9:41pm On Jan 31
Devil is why all Religion thrives.... Killing the Devil is keeping religions out of business

1 Like

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 9:53pm On Jan 31
In summary, GOD created Lucifer, who later fell short and became evil.

So, GOD created him.

Leave the long stories.

4 Likes

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:58pm On Jan 31
Naijanascam:
Devil is why all Religion thrives.... Killing the Devil is keeping religions out of business

I don't understand sir
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:59pm On Jan 31
Westerhoffe:

So, GOD created him.

Leave the long stories.

He fell short out of weaknesses or he allowed himself to be consumed by improper desires?
Remember that many other angels also later rebelled
Even Jesus was tempted

1 Like

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 10:09pm On Jan 31
Aemmyjah:

He fell short out of weaknesses or he allowed himself to be consumed by improper desires?
Remember that many other angels also later rebelled
Even Jesus was tempted

JESUS CHRIST was tempted of who?

Who tempted Satan?

Do you even know that spirits don't feel remorse or have a heart like humans to talk of them feeling or experiencing weaknesses?
Several creations of GOD has always wanted to dethrone Him and take over… So it's not surprising Satan also went that way.

Yes… several other angels also rebelled even before Satan and several rebelled taking sides with him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Naijanascam: 11:03pm On Jan 31
Aemmyjah:

I don't understand sir

Religion and Devil are like Tom and Jerry... No one dies after fierce fights

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:55am On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

JESUS CHRIST was tempted of who?

Who tempted Satan?

Do you even know that spirits don't feel remorse or have a heart like humans to talk of them feeling or experiencing weaknesses?
Several creations of GOD has always wanted to dethrone Him and take over… So it's not surprising Satan also went that way.

Yes… several other angels also rebelled even before Satan and several rebelled taking sides with him

Can you prove the highlighted using the scriptures?
You're just imagining and adding false stories to it to make the Bible sour

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:57am On Feb 01
Naijanascam:

Religion and Devil are like Tom and Jerry... No one dies after fierce fights

Not all Religion teach of a devil
But majority teach about one who influences man to do evil and rebel against his maker and harm his neighbor. You can't ascribe evil to a holy God
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:24am On Feb 01
God never created a devil just as no mother gave birth to a thief.
The day a child is born the heart of it's mother is filled with joy as the baby moves and cries for food, the mother cuddles her baby and looks forward to seeing the child grow up into an adult one day {Isaiah 49:15} but as soon as the baby reaches the stage to develop it's own personality the mother can only do her best to correct the child not to go astray {Genesis 2:17} at that time the mother's joy could either continue to grow if her child continues taking wise counsel {Isaiah 14:12} but if not then the mother will regret having such a child in the first place! Genesis 6:6

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 5:48am On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

Can you prove the highlighted using the scriptures?
You're just imagining and adding false stories to it to make the Bible sour

This is one problem with many of you today. You just want to argue things you do not know. Who is making the Bible sour?
Who's adding false stories?
And do you actually think the Bible contains every details?

Even our LORD JESUS CHRIST said: "Search the scriptures…" in John 5:39.

So tell me, which of the Scriptures have you searched before concluding what I said are false stories?

And you didn't answer any of my questions in the comment you quoted.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:13am On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

This is one problem with many of you today. You just want to argue things you do not know. Who is making the Bible sour?
Who's adding false stories?
And do you actually think the Bible contains every details?

Even our LORD JESUS CHRIST said: "Search the scriptures…" in John 5:39.

So tell me, which of the Scriptures have you searched before concluding what I said are false stories?

And you didn't answer any of my questions in the comment you quoted.

What you said earlier
I'll answer if you can show me frok your own scriptures
Good morning

1 Like

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:21am On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

.. He evidently craved worship that belonged only to God and saw the possibility of bringing humans under his rule instead of that of Jehovah. .

Good enquiry but this is where you are following the noisemakers and you mosed it.

So, it is not about worship as people wrongly say and teach but about abuse and wrong use of power and authority exactly like kings and politicians and leaders.

Which Satan did because he obviously loved being in charge and doing as he pleases. Therefore, he was the to do and show the evil part of power where we confess the "power intoxicates"

If you had studied God's Ways you would see that one of His pattern is to Curse a person with His desire (exactly how He also blesses a person with their desire). Numbers 11:20/Cain's curse- if you desire to kill, you shall be killed which is why was afraid of being killed as The Law given to Moses later showed.

And this is where you see that the bible call s Satan, Devil because he was cursed like lordReed and most atheists to be the-evil, they desire. Therefore, where evil used to be things and events, evil now also became a person and Satan clearly was the First.

The word Devil is still.the word "the evil" aka D -evil,like D-day. D - Light, D - Vine.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:25am On Feb 01
So Satan's first crime was abuse of power and authority and wickedness like the servant described in Mathew 24:48-51. And not worship things

It was after his removal from power that he became even more and more wicked and evil seeking every way to cause death and pain and sorrow and destruction to other people like lordReed and atheists do
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:35am On Feb 01
Dtruthspeaker:

Good enquiry but this is where you are following the noisemakers and you mosed it.

So, it is not about worship as people wrongly say and teach but about abuse and wrong use of power and authority exactly like kings and politicians and leaders.

Which Satan did because he obviously loved being in charge and doing as he pleases. Therefore, he was the to do and show the evil part of power where we confessed the "power intoxicates"

If you had studied God's Ways you would see that one of His pattern is to Curse a person with His desire (exactly how He also blesses a person with their desire). Numbers 11:20/Cain's curse- if you desire to kill, you shall be killed which is why was afraid of being killed as The Law given to Moses later showed.

And this is where you see that the bible call s Satan, Devil because he was cursed like lordReed and most atheists to be the-evil, they desire. Therefore, where evil used to be things and events, evil now also became a person and Satan clearly was the First.

The word Devil is still.the word "the evil" aka D -evil,like D-day. D - Light, D - Vine.

I see no reason tagging that atheist guy and saying he's cursed. He just does not want to accept God. That one is between him and God. Hypocrites are also cursed cos they claim to worship God and do other things.
There was no evil either as an event or thing until Satan began.
God did not curse Cain when he was growing improper desires, he warned him and cursed him for carrying it out
It was in the garden of Eden that God cursed Satan.
There are other angels who are equally or more powerful than Satan before he rebelled. Remember that the angels were with God before the material universe was made. So he must have been enjoying a beautiful relationship with God for billions of years.
It was after man was made and the purpose of God that they fill the earth, that Satan began to have the idea of ruling mankind. Instead of him to forsake the idea, he nursed it until he went to act on it... The demons were once good angels, they knew they were not to be married or have offspring. They developed immoral desire and gave in to it. They were not the only ones that noticed beautiful women. The faithful ones remained loyal.
The Word devil has no aka. That's just how it is spelt in English

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:12am On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

I see no reason tagging that atheist guy and saying he's cursed.

Even after all the very.deep evils and blasphemies you have seen him do which you do not see any normal person does?

I have always told you, that you should stop deceiving yourself and hiding in the shield of denial which always breaks at the very moment when you required it.

For every discerning person can clearly see that, lordReed clearly shows what and how Satan decieves people by playing with both their intelligence and stupidity to their own destruction.

So where people are doubting the existence of satan, what i do is refer them here and tell them to check him out whether they won't see that he is a living example of Satan.

Aemmyjah:

There was no evil either as an event or thing until Satan began.

So when God said He created evil, He created it only after Satan was first evil, eh? And yet there is a question of where that evil which Satan did comes from.

Aemmyjah:

God did not curse Cain when he was growing improper desires, he warned him and cursed him for carrying it out

What is else is a curse if a person does not carry out the action that brings it?

Aemmyjah:

There are other angels who are equally or more powerful than Satan before he rebelled. Remember that the angels were with God before the material universe was made. ...

Off Point!
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:17am On Feb 01
Naijanascam:

What about politicians and cheating partners and scammers, who fuels them?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:19am On Feb 01
Dtruthspeaker:

Even after all the very.deep evils and blasphemies you have seen him do which you do not see any normal person does?

I have always told you, that you should stop deceiving yourself and hiding in the shield of denial which always breaks at the very moment when you required it.

For every discerning person can clearly see that, lordReed clearly shows what and how Satan decieves people by playing with both their intelligence and stupidity to their own destruction.

So where people are doubting the existence of satan, what i do is refer them here and tell them to check him out whether they won't see that he is a living example of Satan.

So when God said He created evil, He created it only after Satan was first evil, eh? And yet kissthere is a question of where that evil which Satan did comes from.

What is else is a curse if a person does not carry out the action that brings it?

Off Point!

See, all these things we say against each other na just banter and cruise. Not that we'll see each other and be quarreling cos they are atheists or whatever.

We all nurse improper desire, sometimes death of someone else. David too wanted to kill Nabal but God used Abigail to stop him. Unlawful killing can bring curse to one's head but what if he's repentant, won't God forgive him?

The bible said that everything God created was very good. Good is the absence of evil. God did not create any evil event.
The evil in the context that Isaiah mentions is different entirely cos he was addressing and warning the nation of Israel. Evil began after Satan rebelled

1 Like

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:20am On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

So, GOD created him.

Leave the long stories.

No long story. Mikhail Kalashnikov created AK47 but you and no has blamed him nor even remember him when kidnappers and bandits use it
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:30am On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

See, all these things we say against each other na just banter and cruise.

So everyone including you posting here is just joking and playing, eh?

Even to the point of joking.and playing with things that destroy a person permanently?

Please, i am tired of your self denials.

Aemmyjah:

We all nurse improper desire, sometimes death of someone else.

That's why God Said we should watch our thoughts that we may not sin, if we do not want to sin.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 8:09am On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

What you said earlier
I'll answer if you can show me frok your own scriptures
Good morning

I didn't write the Scriptures.

Have you heard of the Book of Enoch and the Book of Jasher? to begin with…?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 8:13am On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

See, all these things we say against each other na just banter and cruise. Not that we'll see each other and be quarreling cos they are atheists or whatever.

We all nurse improper desire, sometimes death of someone else. David too wanted to kill Nabal but God used Abigail to stop him. Unlawful killing can bring curse to one's head but what if he's repentant, won't God forgive him?

The bible said that everything God created was very good. Good is the absence of evil.

God did not create any evil event.

The evil in the context that Isaiah mentions is different entirely cos he was addressing and warning the nation of Israel. Evil began after Satan rebelled

I thought you really know your Bible until I saw the bolded red highlighted

I see most of you don't know GOD, but trying to show you do.
Can you explain these verses for me?

Isaiah 45 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁶ That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
⁷ I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
⁸ Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.

I'll check in later for your explanation.
Who do you even call GOD?

GOD is Just and True, Holy and Righteous but don't think He can't do anything.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:14am On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

I thought you really know your Bible until I saw the bolded red highlighted

Can you mention such event during the Creation period?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:15am On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

I didn't write the Scriptures.

Have you heard of the Book of Enoch and the Book of Jasher? to begin with…?

Na me write am?
I heard of them
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:16am On Feb 01
Dtruthspeaker:

So everyone including you posting here is just joking and playing, eh?

Even to the point of joking.and playing with things that destroy a person permanently?

Please, i am tired of your self denials.

That's why God Said we should watch our thoughts that we may not sin, if we do not want to sin.

And you agree that we are not cursed when this thought surface right?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 8:16am On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

Na me write am?
I heard of them

You heard of them, but didn't read them?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 8:18am On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

Na me write am?
I heard of them

You mentioned from my Scriptures.
What then was that supposed to mean?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:30am On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

I don't get you pls
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:30am On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

You heard of them, but didn't read them?

It's not every book you hear about that you read na
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 8:34am On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

I don't get you pls

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Matrix137(m): 8:35am On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

My guy cool down

You go soon run maad o. Take am easy abeg
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 8:36am On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

It's not every book you hear about that you read na

And you're arguing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Christ Embassy No Bi Church Walai! / Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit / Top 10 Most Common Atheist Arguments, And Why They Fail So Woefully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.