Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife (7503 Views)

Buhari Has Committed Impeachable Offence - Ezeife / Why Buhari Chose An ‘outsider’ As Customs Boss / Outsider Emerging Customs Boss Rubbishes Career Progression – Group Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2011
To be honest, I doubt anyone outside the SE would vote for Okorocha. That's if his  recent careless utterance with Obi is aired in the news during election campaign. Nobody wants a tribalistic president.

IMO, Okorocha is prolly the best the SE can put forth as of now. Didnt Uba drop out of the 2011 election?

The best thing to do is start on a national level. Entice Nigerians with your skills. Make yourself known outside of the SE.
Demanding for presidency is not going to happen.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2011
silibaba:

No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 ? ? ?
just as it has been for ages except that igbos always stop themselves.
And by the way what happened to Goodluck Ebele Ifeanyi Jonathan Who couldn't perform
sharappppppppppppp angry angry angry angry

It's Azikwe, not Ifanyi.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by sheyguy: 8:27pm On Nov 09, 2011
ezeagu:

Please, those aren't all the same people. We need to rotate around Delta Igbo and South east Igbo at least, before others. It's fair.

grin

That way it will take a thousand years oh!!!! . . . . .LOL
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 09, 2011
I love how ppl ignored Chyz's childish rant lol grin
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by lagcity(m): 8:51pm On Nov 09, 2011
Qualified Igbos are abundant. It is the bridge to other zones that's lacking.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by ezeagu(m): 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2011
sheyguy:

That way it will take a thousand years oh!!!! . . . . .LOL

A thousand years for ruling? Yes, as long as it's not the same Igbo group. These groups with Igbo in their name are not the same, it is not fair to bypass them on presidency . angry
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by jason123: 9:38pm On Nov 09, 2011
Let God's will be done! If God says its an Igbo man, it WILL be an Igbo man. But God should please give us a "NIGERIAN" PRESIDENT!
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by T8ksy(m): 10:15pm On Nov 09, 2011
Okija_juju:

As it stands now, Ndi Igbo cannot win an election come 2015.

We dont even have any outstanding person to put up!cry

Words!!!

Let he/she with ears, listen actively!

But i guess the poster does not care about presenting a viable candidate to the rest of the country.  He just wants an igbo president

come 2015, period! Nothing else matters.   
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by sheyguy: 10:17pm On Nov 09, 2011
jason123:

Let God's will be done! If God says its an Igbo man, it WILL be an Igbo man. But God should please give us a "NIGERIAN" PRESIDENT!
[size=48pt]

Amen[/size]
for the earth eagerly awaits the manifestation of the sons of God
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by odumchi: 10:39pm On Nov 09, 2011
The ball is in our court, all we need to do is dribble.

Gone are the hate-filled years of the 70s, the uncertain years of the 80s, and the strict military rules of the 90s, Nigeria is now a nation in which any group can grow politically. A perfect example of this is GEJ who, despite being a "minority", was able to overcome and become leader of Nigeria. Nonetheless, Igbos being a "majority" are also capable of seating an Igboman on Aso Rock.

I think that if a honorable and worthy Igboman/Igbowoman vies for election, He or she will win atleast the SE including Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, and Lagos.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by T8ksy(m): 10:57pm On Nov 09, 2011
odumchi:

I think that if a honorable and worthy Igboman/Igbowoman vies for election, He or she will win atleast the[b] SE including Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, and Lagos.[/b]

and? what about the remaining states?

+ ain't you a little bit presumptuous saying that Lagos too is in the bag?

I guess we are back to "Ibos make up 75% of the population in Lagos, huh.

Oh well, g/luck with your permutations.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by sheyguy: 11:00pm On Nov 09, 2011
odumchi:

The ball is in our court, all we need to do is dribble.

Gone are the hate-filled years of the 70s, the uncertain years of the 80s, and the strict military rules of the 90s, Nigeria is now a nation in which any group can grow politically. A perfect example of this is GEJ who, despite being a "minority", was able to overcome and become leader of Nigeria. Nonetheless, Igbos being a "majority" are also capable of seating an Igboman on Aso Rock.

I think that if a honorable and worthy Igboman/Igbowoman vies for election, He or she will win atleast the SE including Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, and Lagos.

The aint in your(SE) court yet oh, GEJ presidency is as a result of Hearer n' doer death. and u guys shouldn't forget PDP is not God anything can still happen.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by odumchi: 11:02pm On Nov 09, 2011
T8ksy:

and? what about the remaining states?

+ ain't you a little bit presumptuous saying that Lagos too is in the bag?

I guess we are back to "Ibos make up 75% of the population in Lagos, huh.

Oh well, g/luck with your permutations.

Incase you didn't know, atleast means no less than. I didn't say that those would be the only states. And where did I say Anthything about Lagos being 75% Igbo?
This is a modern world and you do not have to be my ethnicity for me to win your vote. GEJ is not Yoruba but yet he still won the majority of the votes in all if the SW except Ekiti.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by odumchi: 11:04pm On Nov 09, 2011
sheyguy:

The aint in your(SE) court yet oh, GEJ presidency is as a result of Hearer n' doer death. and u guys shouldn't forget PDP is not God anything can still happen.

The Igbo candidate doesn't necessarily have to come from PDP. There's still APGPA.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by 1759odin(m): 11:09pm On Nov 09, 2011
I would rather opt for a Kuffour of Ghana or Angela Merkez of Germany to these bunch of Hausas,Yorubas,Ijaws or Ibos to rule me.Infected with jaranticolomiasis,they will all rot in hell, Adios.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by Desola(f): 11:11pm On Nov 09, 2011
I strongly believe ibos can be president in 2015 if they do exactly what they did in May 2011.

Thumbprint quadruple times!
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by Desola(f): 11:14pm On Nov 09, 2011
The best person they had close to being a presido was that cross eyed woman - what's her name again o? The nafdac one that became a power junkie, someone please help me o,

I loved that woman in her days as the nafdac boss! As a matter of fact, I respected a lot of ibos during obj's tenure but somehow, they turned into werewolfs during Yaradua's dispensation.

Most Nigerians respected that woman as a woman of steel! Integrity! Honour but we all know the story now. She is so bad that you don't even want to remember her name.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by ezeagu(m): 11:47pm On Nov 09, 2011
Desola:

I strongly believe ibos can be president in 2015 if they do exactly what they did in May 2011.

Before kwanu?
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by T8ksy(m): 11:54pm On Nov 09, 2011
odumchi:

Incase you didn't know, atleast means no less than. I didn't say that those would be the only states. And where did I say Anthything about Lagos being 75% Igbo?
This is a modern world and you do not have to be my ethnicity for me to win your vote. GEJ is not Yoruba but yet he still won the majority of the votes in all if the SW except Ekiti.

Abegi, chill na! I know you didn't say it and i did not quote you, did I?

However, many of your brethens have alluded to that much here on this forum, umptenth times.

Of course, we don't have to be from the same region before i vote for you. However. if your approch is similar to Mr. Ezeife then

you can surely kiss my vote, goodbye.

As per your GEJ example, what other options were available to us?  Ayatholah Buhari is a no-hoper.

We already tried him and he totally dehumanised us but i wasn't surprised then. Afterall, whatelse could one expect from the

progeny of cattle-rearers? He can only relate to those within his realm of power like he did to the cattles on his grandfather's land. 
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by odumchi: 12:02am On Nov 10, 2011
It's unfortunate that the so called "cattle-rearers" have been able to singlehandedly overshadow, dominate, and conquer you politically in such a way that you'd vote anything except them.

I think people are too used to complaining "bad government" that they can't tell the difference between a progressive one and a useless one.

It's a pity. Oh Nigeria, why?

T8ksy:

Abegi, chill na! I know you didn't say it and i did not quote you, did I?

However, many of your brethens have alluded to that much here on this forum, umptenth times.

Of course, we don't have to be from the same region before i vote for you. However. if your approch is similar to Mr. Ezeife then

you can surely kiss my vote, goodbye.

As per your GEJ example, what other options were available to us?  Ayatholah Buhari is a no-hoper.

We already tried him and he totally dehumanised us but i wasn't surprised then. Afterall, whatelse could one expect from the

progeny of cattle-rearers? He can only relate to those within his realm of power like he did to the cattles on his grandfather's land. 

Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by Skii(m): 12:05am On Nov 10, 2011
I have always been baffled about the concept of rotation of presidency as we have come to know it in Nigeria. I am yet to understand. I wish someone could educate me on how the policy of rotation can weigh against a policy that produces a president by merit. Merit not being next in line by way of chance. I am referring to merit based on a sound record of such an individual in terms of achievements, profession etc.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 10, 2011
Desola:

That can only help to a certain level. Each region has a specific %age that is required for his presidential aspirant. even 100% from the SS/SE cannot help if other regions go in another certain direction.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by Skii(m): 12:40am On Nov 10, 2011
For the Igbos that are demanding for the presidency in 2015, the onus is on them to take the fight to the north for 2015. What they need, and anyone else interested in power is strategy. The north have many things going in their favour. They have 19 states made up of relatively few educated influential elite and a large illiterate mass plus the clause in the constitution that dictates the winner of the presidential elections. Obviously the masses there are easily swayed by the influences of the rich elite and another very potent tool, religion.

If the Igbos are serious, what they need to do is to unite amongst and within themselves. They also should team up with the west and the south. Put aside any reservations or grievances from the Biafra saga. They should then plot to secure two states where they have a strong hold within the north in their numbers along with westn and south. All this made possible after they would have unanimously voted in support of one candidate. A candidate whose plans and aspirations for the country would be sellable to the west and south coupled with a sound record in terms of not necessarily political but professional/career achievements.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by T8ksy(m): 12:42am On Nov 10, 2011
odumchi:

It's unfortunate that the so called "cattle-rearers" have been able to singlehandedly overshadow, dominate, and conquer you politically in such a way that you'd vote anything except them.

Did you say, singlehandedly? Shows how little you know about your so-called One nigeria.

Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 10, 2011
Skii:

For the Igbos that are demanding for the presidency in 2015, the onus is on them to take the fight to the north for 2015. What they need, and anyone else interested in power is strategy. The north have many things going in their favour. They have 19 states made up of relatively few educated influential elite and a large illiterate mass plus the clause in the constitution that dictates the winner of the presidential elections. Obviously the masses there are easily swayed by the influences of the rich elite and another very potent tool, religion.

If the Igbos are serious, what they need to do is to unite amongst and within themselves. They also should team up with the west and the south. Put aside any reservations or grievances from the Biafra saga. They should then plot to secure two states where they have a strong hold within the north in their numbers along with westn and south. All this made possible after they would have unanimously voted in support of one candidate. A candidate whose plans and aspirations for the country would be sellable to the west and south coupled with a sound record in terms of not necessarily political but professional/career achievements.

Legit thing to do.
Demanding for presidency will put voters on their guard and even make them vote otherwise. Arrogance and pride will only take one so far.

If Obama/ Blacks in America did the same thing the SE are doing, he would not have won.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by realchange: 12:44am On Nov 10, 2011
that candidate is ngige if he wants it. he has to work hard at it tho.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by saintohia: 9:40am On Nov 10, 2011
Quote 4m Francis-1
It is idiotic to say nobody outside Igboland can stop an Igbo President in 2015. Igbos votes cannot make an Igbo president. Yoruba tried their vote on their own chosen candidate Olu Faleye in 1999 and it blew up on their face. Hausa tried their own vote on Buhar in 2011 and something struck them down. Igbos should learn that by now.

What the saying meant is that, it has always been Igbos that would stop themselves 4m winning the ticket of major political parties 2 run 4 presidency, hence stopping themselves 4m being Nigeria president. That doesn't mean they wldn't need the vote 4m other zones to clinch the presidency, we do.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by saintohia: 9:49am On Nov 10, 2011
Quote 4m Lagcity

Qualified Igbos are abundant. It is the bridge to other zones that's lacking

Your statement is correct, in the sense that most qualified Igbos 4 presidency don't have diversified polilitical link across all the zones in Nigeria.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by saintohia: 10:04am On Nov 10, 2011
Quote 4m T8Ksy
"Ibos make up 75% of the population in Lagos

Quote  4m Odumchi
GEJ is not Yoruba but yet he still won the majority of the votes in all if the SW except Ekiti.

T8Ksy, did you observe she spelled Yoruba correctly & you cldn't spell Igbo right.

It's Igbos not "Ibos" ok? Singular = Igbo, others please take note.
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by T8ksy(m): 10:28am On Nov 10, 2011
saintohia:

T8Ksy, did you observe she spelled Yoruba correctly & you cldn't spell Igbo right.

It's Igbos not "Ibos" ok? Singular = Igbo, others please take note.

So? sue me!

Oh btw, did you observe the poster i responded to, is a HE and not a SHE?

You should have gone to SpecSavers, instead.  grin
Re: No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife by BlackBaron: 11:32am On Nov 10, 2011
Thought zoning was dead? Guess not. . .

This would cause tensions come 2015.

Southerners should start quitting Northern enclaves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dear Nigerian Youths, How Can You Actually 'Help' Nigeria!? / Concerns In National Assembly Over Non-Payment Of N8.1bn Severance Benefits / Electoral Bill: Senate In Closed Session To Take Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.