Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,426 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf (26912 Views)

How Tiktoker, Murja Kunya, Caused Rift Between Hisbah Commander, Gov Yusuf / Ganduje: The Mistake We Used To Nail Kwankwaso, Gov Yusuf / Wike Travels To France To Meet Tinubu - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by fergie001: 8:06pm On Feb 05
Kano State Governor Alhaji Abba Kabir Yusuf has lamented that many people are living in misery, starvation, and acute hunger in the state, which resulted in the death of many residents who cannot afford food.

In an emergency meeting with the business community in Kano on Monday, Gov Yusuf decried the current hardship and starvation faced by the residents.

His words: “There is hunger in Kano and we must find a solution to stop people from dying and falling sick. We know you are doing your best as a businessman but, you are not doing enough.

“We should join hands to salvage the situation, as governor and my deputy, we do not need a penny from anyone. All we need is for you to come and help us assist the poor people.”

Governor Yusuf urged all the renowned business moguls to complement the effort of the government. “I urge you to come up with a solution on how to crash the prices of commodities to make life meaningful for our people.

“Kano has been the center of commerce in Nigeria after Lagos. It is such that the state has gone down on the graph today.

“Formerly, business people used to come to Kano to buy whatever from other neighboring states and neighboring countries. But all these have now deteriorated.

“All major business people from Niger, Cameroon, Chad, and others have made Kano their home. But today all these have changed. The patronage has been reduced.

“In the past, there were a lot of employment opportunities for people from Kano with the available industries which had provided a livelihood for many. All of these are no more. This has led youths into drug abuse, kidnapping, and banditry.

“People are facing hardship such that a measure of rice cannot be afforded by a lot of families. Locally produced rice is now N65,000, maize is N52,000, millet N56,000, and groundnut oil is N4,500. Where will the people place themselves and what will the salary earner survive on?

“I will meet with Tinubu to inform him that people are hungry in Kano. The Federal Government should give preferential assistance to the highly populated state,” the Governor said.

Some of those who spoke on behalf of the business community, that include moguls like Alhaji Sabiu Bako, Alhaji Salisu Sambajo, Muhammad Adakawa, and Sammani Elsamad among others, called on Gov Yusuf to lead other Governors of the Northwest in finding a solution to the economic problems of the region.

They explained that they don’t raise the prices of their products, it is the producers that increase the prices, they only purchase and sell accordingly.

They lamented that 70 percent of businesses have closed down due to the devaluation of the naira and the scarcity of dollars. This has also affected the retail prices of goods.

They also want the government to ensure that the gas pipeline construction is completed to ease the supply of the products to industries. They lamented the extortion by traffic officials that is adding to the problem of transporting goods to and from Kano.

SOURCE

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by vanbonattel: 8:06pm On Feb 05
I have never laughed this hard in years. cheesy grin grin

There is hunger in Kano? Really grin grin cheesy cheesy

These people are comedians aswear, after voting in a bent, incoherent, bulabablu speaking ghost without any credentials or identity you now expect for food to be in Nigeria? Na by magic?

We warned you, you called us Obidients and that we were insulting you, okay, we apologise for the insult now, eat the apology, go ahead.

Remember, Atiku is still in the race for president, sorry, sheik Gumi or Shehu Shagari will get more votes that anyone.

Una never chee chomchin, e remain 7 and half looooooooong years o grin

390 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by Racoon(m): 8:07pm On Feb 05
Kai! No hunger anywhere. Make una dey deceive una selves. The shege promax is still loading.

197 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by God1000(m): 8:08pm On Feb 05
Tinubu should kindly resign if he doesn't know what to do.

He's making me to miss Buhari as terrible as his government was, things weren't this bad.

128 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by Racoon(m): 8:09pm On Feb 05
“I will meet with Tinubu to inform him that people are hungry in Kano. The Federal Government should give preferential assistance to the highly populated state....."
Yeye dey smell!

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by Malroux: 8:09pm On Feb 05
I can't believe that anyone could be worse than Buhari!

201 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by Racoon(m): 8:10pm On Feb 05
God1000:
Tinubu should kindly resign if he doesn't know what to do
Resign ke? You do see any Nigerian public office holder that has ever resigned his position? Not emilokan of grab political power, snatch it and run away with it.

100 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by SoNature(m): 8:11pm On Feb 05
There's severe hunger in Nigeria, not just Kano

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by God1000(m): 8:12pm On Feb 05
Racoon:
Resign ke? You do see any Nigerian public office holder that has ever resigned his position? Not emilokan of grab political power, snatch it and run away with it.
you are right man, he will rather die than to resign

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by JayyXXX(m): 8:12pm On Feb 05
Tinubu wey PSG don sign as their new coach?

This Governor is indirectly mocking his people. grin

Clown 🤡

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by Didijiji: 8:13pm On Feb 05
SHETTIMA security

Tinubu economy

Oya na

😀😀😀😀

137 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by Absuchat(m): 8:17pm On Feb 05
Did Tinubu promise them Tiwo shinkafa? grin

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by Arobaga: 8:17pm On Feb 05
grin

Tinubu tell you say he know wetin he dey do?

LMFAO

Hunger never begin catch una

E go hungry una reach to the extent them go begin pick dead body for ground every morning

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by vanbonattel: 8:20pm On Feb 05
JayyXXX:
Tinubu wey PSG don sign as their new coach?

This Governor is indirectly mocking his people. grin

Clown 🤡

Bros na lie, Tinibu has been signed at top striker of Budeaux football club grin He will play this mid week with rest of the team grin grin

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by Mindlog: 8:20pm On Feb 05
E neva even start!......long night ahead.

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by JayyXXX(m): 8:21pm On Feb 05
vanbonattel:

Bros na lie, Tinibu has been signed at top striker of Budeaux football club grin He will play this mid week with rest of the team grin grin
You want make him begin lick boots like microphone? grin

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by vanbonattel: 8:22pm On Feb 05
JayyXXX:
You want make him begin lick boots like microphone? grin

grin grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by PUSSYHOE(m): 8:23pm On Feb 05
I can't believe this last president for 8 years hausa/ Fulani the current na Yoruba. But both tribes are feeling the bad leadership more.

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by Penguin2: 8:24pm On Feb 05
There’s no hunger anywhere they should stop embarrassing the government joor.

Awalokan normally 🤡

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by Seefinish: 8:24pm On Feb 05
W
Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by Vinnie2000(m): 8:34pm On Feb 05
This Man should Plz leave tinubu and APC to carry their cross. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:57pm On Feb 05
Mtcheew
Baby steps of pain

4 Likes

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by PressMyButton: 9:08pm On Feb 05
He won't tell his people that FG has increased his state's allocation. FAAC has been sharing no less than 1 trillion monthly.
These irresponsible Governors would rather deflect the attention of their citizens to the FG while they embezzle the state's funds.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by Chikel20000(m): 9:11pm On Feb 05
First step to take is tackle insecurity....I assure once d north is secured....u will see food available....but for u to tackle security...u have to tackle ur brothers Fulani n from d look of things, u guys would rather die than chase those cows away

21 Likes

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by jmoore(m): 9:12pm On Feb 05
Akwai yunwa a Kano

During campaign, Reno Omonkey and co all of a sudden decided to translate hate speech against Peter Obi to Hausa.

Akwai yunwa a Kano is Hausa translation of there is hunger in Kano.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by G00dharddick: 9:15pm On Feb 05
Well seunmsg said it's a lie. He said obi is the problem of Nigeria and that his people from SW are teaching Obi lesson

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by omenka1: 9:20pm On Feb 05
angry
Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by DohFahSo: 9:20pm On Feb 05
May thunder from heaven fire you and that your Tinubu. Ndi ara.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by ClearFlair: 9:20pm On Feb 05
APC has nothing to offer. One year is too long to realize that fact yet some people are still deceiving themselves after 8 years

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by Nawa4nl: 9:21pm On Feb 05
Nija don cast

10 Likes

Re: Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf by iwaeda: 9:21pm On Feb 05
fergie001:

SOURCE

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin The North will erupt first. The hunger is unbearable and Ramadan is knocking. Tinubu doesn't possess the wisdom to see Nigeria through. Anyways, it will favour me and my family? grin grin grin grin grin

26 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Killed By Their Bomb In Kaduna. See Pics. / The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures / Senator Dino Melaye Recall Fails, Verification Materials Hijacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.