Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,443 members, 7,836,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law (32813 Views)

Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy / President Tinubu Signs Student Loan Bill Into Law (Pictures) / President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by EleventhWeirdo: 7:56am On Feb 10
peculiar2233:

You go explain tire. Nah hunger go reset your brain

Why is this one crying? If you're hungry, go back to your region to farm. We are talking of development, he is talking about garri. Mu^2
Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by swagifted(m): 8:03am On Feb 10
Asabaproperty1:
Good one but more details about the bill should be provided. The 5 percent to communities is not what Nigerians are yarning for. What we need is prepaid meters and stable electricity. Anything short of that is a waste of ink used in signing the bill into law.
what we need is to punish people who do bypass and use electricity without paying for it... No matter how much you invest in power, the people stealing it will still ruin it, there are some houses, once its 7pm they switch to bypass and run like 10 AC's till daybreak.... Who will pay for it?
Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by hush15: 8:07am On Feb 10
ShobayoEmma:
What of those of us that have their poles mounted in front of our houses?

This man called Tinubu is yet to get his priorities right. Lord have mercy.

Tinubu, a bad man with good intentions

You almost getting the point.
Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by PHAYOL81: 8:33am On Feb 10
Good for the host communities but we still want more private investors in the POWER GENERATION SECTOR and I think our army of local enterprenuers should be encouraged to participate.
Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by cardoctor(m): 8:36am On Feb 10
After over 60 years of "independence" and regular blackouts. Great move.
Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by Nigeriakan: 9:29am On Feb 10
ShobayoEmma:
What of those of us that have their poles mounted in front of our houses?

This man called Tinubu is yet to get his priorities right. Lord have mercy.

Tinubu, a bad man with good intentions

Is your house 'community-less'. Whatever is done for your community is indirectly done for you
Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by Asazwalingwa: 10:19am On Feb 10
Validated:

Where una dey go pls? More tribulation

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by imagrg(m): 12:20pm On Feb 10
Trust is lost. No one can be trusted with public fund.
Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by sharpchap: 2:28pm On Feb 10
i thot they will say anybody can generate electricity as much as they like? warris dis nonsense? stop romancing the real problem
Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by Yestogood: 4:14pm On Feb 10
Asabaproperty1:
Good one but more details about the bill should be provided. The 5 percent to communities is not what Nigerians are yarning for. What we need is prepaid meters and stable electricity. Anything short of that is a waste of ink used in signing the bill into law.

The issue of prepaid electricity meters is a real sore spot. I got two in Abuja in the last 2 years. In both cases, if you approach the staff in confidence, you will get the meter after "voluntarily" bribing them. If you decide to ignore them and follow official channels, you will never get the meter.
In November last year, the most recent meter I paid for needed 40 thousand naira of "I beg to apply" before I got the meter. The technicians who were to just hang the wires I bought asked for 30 thousand, we settled at 17 thousand naira. Totalling 57 thousand naira bribes for a meter that cost 88 thousand naira.
My next door neighbour who skipped the bribes is yet to be allocated a meter despite paying for his meter about 4 months before me. The estimated bill gets to as high as 46 thousand naira each month.
We still have a long way to go as a country o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi / My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu / Kenechukwu Okeke, Lawyer Who Sued #EndSARS Protesters Suspected Of Being Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.