Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,495 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law (32726 Views)

Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy / President Tinubu Signs Student Loan Bill Into Law (Pictures) / President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by nairalandkachy1: 6:19pm On Feb 09
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

PRESIDENT TINUBU ASSENTS TO ELECTRICITY ACT (AMENDMENT) BILL

President Bola Tinubu has signed the Electricity Act (Amendment) Bill, 2024, into law.

The bill, which was passed by the House of Representatives on July 27, 2023, and the Senate on November 14, 2023, was sponsored by Honourable Babajimi Benson, who represents Ikorodu Federal Constituency of Lagos State.

The Electricity Act (Amendment) Bill, 2024, seeks to address the development and environmental concerns of host communities, and sets aside five percent of the actual annual operating expenditures of power generating companies (GENCOs) from the preceding year for the development of their respective host communities.

The Bill further provides that the funds set aside for the development of host communities will be received, managed, and administered for infrastructure development in the host communities by a reputable Trustee/Manager to be jointly appointed by the respective GENCO and their host community.

Chief Ajuri Ngelale

Special Adviser to the President

(Media & Publicity)

February 9, 2024

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by gaby(m): 7:09pm On Feb 09
Na so..

Nigerians dey wait for am to sign poverty and hunger alleviation bill into law..

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by Validated: 7:18pm On Feb 09
Znic:
Gradually we shall get there
Where una dey go pls? More tribulation

134 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by ShobayoEmma(m): 7:27pm On Feb 09
What of those of us that have their poles mounted in front of our houses?

This man called Tinubu is yet to get his priorities right. Lord have mercy.

Tinubu, a bad man with good intentions

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by philiancoop(m): 8:00pm On Feb 09
Chief grin
Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by femisplash: 8:36pm On Feb 09
For the very first time since 1966, Nigeria is close to having a semblance of a properly structured country. In Tinubu we trust.

46 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by Anguldi(m): 8:38pm On Feb 09
Hunger dey oOoOO tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by slivertongue: 8:39pm On Feb 09
never expect power again

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by Loci88: 8:57pm On Feb 09
Good
Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by BlocksNG(m): 8:57pm On Feb 09
God bless Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by Sonnobax15(m): 8:57pm On Feb 09
grin
South africans and ghanaians no go like this news according to my fellow patriotic Nigerians tongue

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by sevo(m): 8:57pm On Feb 09
Agba signer...

50 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by Asabaproperty1: 8:58pm On Feb 09
Good one but more details about the bill should be provided. The 5 percent to communities is not what Nigerians are yarning for. What we need is prepaid meters and stable electricity. Anything short of that is a waste of ink used in signing the bill into law.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by Look4success: 8:58pm On Feb 09
Huh, what's the law
Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by FuckOsuPigs: 8:58pm On Feb 09
Validated:

Where una dey go pls? More tribulation

...for you only.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by KingDash09(m): 8:58pm On Feb 09
This man dey vex me

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by Giftedhand47(m): 8:58pm On Feb 09
I track lost or stolen phones and mobile devices at an affordable fee
A trial will convince you
Contact me via siggy below

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by sweet16s: 8:59pm On Feb 09
Another one

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by EleventhWeirdo: 8:59pm On Feb 09
Tinubu, I didn't support you so that you can be signing meaningless bills that do not address even a scratch of the core. What I expected:

1. Devolve power TOTALLY. This present structure is unsustainable. Call for a national referendum and put options for region based federalism with real powers residing with the regions and their regional governments.

2. Use federal power to bring to actualization, some of the great visions of the DAWN Commission, which is the regional planning and strategy powerhouse of the SW. We need to revive our export-oriented agricultural value chain and convert our youth population to a STEM-powered resource pool nationally and internationally. These days, we are creating more of portables, focusless youths drinking sachet gins all over and less of the likes of Seun Osewa.

Unfortunately, Tinubu is gradually proving to be all talk about federalism and has held on to the central since inauguration.

Hmmm

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by AmazingELixir: 8:59pm On Feb 09
Ok
Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by LOVEGINO(m): 8:59pm On Feb 09
Anguldi:
Hunger dey oOoOO tongue
yes ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by Brendaniel: 9:00pm On Feb 09
Znic:
Gradually we shall get there

That was how you all said gradually for Buhari for 8 years till he almost grounded Nigeria, now Tinubu has continued from where he stopped and you guys have continued gradually

Tell Tinubu the truth.....

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by geoworldedu: 9:01pm On Feb 09
They should remove poverty from the bill o. That's when anything they sign into bill will make sense.
Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by 123abiola: 9:01pm On Feb 09
Try to amend food price sir,
Things are getting out of hand

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by jonadaft: 9:02pm On Feb 09
cool
Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by KillahPriest: 9:04pm On Feb 09
Does host communities include those who provide gas or should we go to court

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by Kurugu92(m): 9:05pm On Feb 09
The bill shall favor me and my family

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by Calitoscassius(m): 9:05pm On Feb 09
Can someone explain this rubbish for me please, i don't seem to comprehend any Naigeerian news anymore..

Sign electricity laws means what? I didn't know there is anything called electricity law. No one obeys any laws in Naizooria anyway. Not even Tifnubu himself. Just bribe your way through every so called laws in the Zoo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law by Calitoscassius(m): 9:08pm On Feb 09
123abiola:
Try to amend food price sir,
Things are getting out of hand
How? Did Tifnubu pay for any farm for any farmer? Did he give them fertilizers or what?

Tifnubu cannot come to my shop or farm and tell me how much i must sell my food.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Inner Streets Of Aba Are Becoming Relatively Neater_pics / Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday / Peoples Gazette Insists Peter Obi’s ‘Yes Daddy’ Audio Is real, to protect source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.