Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service (7941 Views)

Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service / Fani-kayode Congratulats Aregbesola For Defeatin Omisore “Convincingly" / Why my town Ikire,Irewole Local Gov. people 'll Vote Aregbesola For 2nd Term. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by hooged: 7:34am On Nov 11, 2011
Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesolafor Resurrecting Train

Osun State indigenes living in and outside the state have commended Governor Rauf Aregbesola for his commitment to improve railway system in the state, as a means of transporting goods and services.

Indigenes of the state, who returned to the state from Lagos, Ilorin and Ibadan, through railway system last Friday and Saturday, expressed their happiness on the improvement on the use of train in the state.

The travelers said traveling by trains has lessened the cost for transportation, saying that they spent lesser money using the trains, when compared to traveling by commercial buses.

According to a resident of Ikotun in Lagos State, Alhaja Rafiat Ademola, there was an improvement in the use of trains, saying that many people traveled to Osun State by trains for the Eid ElKabir festival.

Ademola said; “I noticed that more trains have been coming to Osun and other states like Kwara. I decided to travel by train when I discovered that traveling by rail was cheaper than patronising commercial buses during the festive season.

For instance, I was charged N2500 for my transportation and luggage fee at a motor parkat Ikotun, Lagos, while trying to come to Osogbo by bus. I later decided to travel with the train when I could not bear the bus cost. I paid only N500 for my transportation”.

She therefore commended Aregbesola for resurrecting the use of train in the state, maintaining that road accident would be reduced with the use of railway system of transportation.

Speaking with OSUN DEFENDER at the Railway Station, Old Garage, Osogbo, a resident of Ilorin, Kwara State, Mr Abdul-Rahman Oriola, also called on the Federal Government to commit funds to the rehabilitation of railway system in the country.

While commending Aregbesola for his commitment to resurrecting train usage in the state, Oriola said travelers would spend less, while traveling by train.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=22324
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by hooged: 7:39am On Nov 11, 2011
Curled from osundefender

Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by ektbear: 7:42am On Nov 11, 2011
So actually quite a cheaper to go to Osun via train. Hrm, but isn't the commute too long? Though I guess the savings (from N2500 to N500) are substantial enough for people not to mind the additional time.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 11, 2011
These men are proving everyday how easy and fast it is to correct infrastructure decay as against the useless PDP government trying to make it seem impossible. It will only be a matter of time before the PDP is forced to accept defeat at the presidential level.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by sartorius(m): 11:07am On Nov 11, 2011
this is disngenious, aregbe didnt resurrect any train.the nigerian railway commission did. the tracks and coaches belong to the federal goverment, they only signed mou
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Demdem(m): 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2011
sartorius:

this is disngenious, aregbe didnt resurrect any train.the nigerian railway commission did. the tracks and coaches belong to the federal goverment, they only signed mou

Ok if I get u right, b4 the MOU with the state, they weren't operational but after the MOU trains started running right!
If this is so then kudos to the state government.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by gaakgaba: 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2011
@sartorious. You need to change your orientation. I wonder why some people have closed their eyes to positive change and will always criticise no matter what.Y did oyinlola fail to achieve something like this. The initiative alone is something to commend because the result is there for everybody to see and it directly affect the masses. While some other states are complaining of impossibilities and inadequate fed. govt allocation, he is able to come up with something positive despite the constraints.  PLEASE USE YOUR HEAD NOW.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Funkymallam(m): 2:36pm On Nov 11, 2011
Another osundefender tale.
Nxt, it will b dat Fashola fixed d train system in lagos, d oda in ilorin, kwankwaso dat of kano, Chime dat of Enugu. Rubbish!
The federal government is fixing the railways tru d NRC and not any state governmen.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Desola(f): 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2011
BRILLIANT news!!! I am so happy!

Did someone say travelling by train is longer? Why is that? I would have thought that it would be costlier but faster?

Does this train stop in Ibadan and go as far as Ondo and Ekiti? If not, then the other governors should seriously look into it.

All in all, I love this latest development!
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by dayokanu(m): 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by oludashmi(f): 3:11pm On Nov 11, 2011
where is beaf and his comics?
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by wewe1(m): 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2011
sartorius:

Oyinlola was gov of the state and he could sign MOU with NRC, did he?
I am not from osun but need leaders who are proactive and can put on their thinking cap to better the lot of people not leaders who are thinking of removing fuel subsidy to better their greedy pocket, Shiiiiooooo,
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Bolt2011(m): 3:31pm On Nov 11, 2011
I'm not surprised at this development. This is the experience when true nationalists and activists like Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola are in positions of authority. We expect more of this to spite the 'hawks who couldnt pick up chicks' and to bring the real dividends of democracy to hopeful Nigerian. CARRY BABA! Osun oni baje o!
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by BoOOosHBoy: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2011
The governor has done a good job for his state. Thumbsup to him
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by EkoIle1: 3:45pm On Nov 11, 2011
oludashmi:

where is beaf and his comics?

Funny enough, that re-tard was running around saying there's no rail line in Osun?
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by solajacobs(m): 3:45pm On Nov 11, 2011
WHY ARE PEOPLE EASILY FOOLED LIKE THIS? FOR GOD SAKE, THIS IS A FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PROJECT AND AREGBESOLA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. OSUN STATE UNDER HIM IS CONTRIBUTING NOTHING TO THIS. WISE UP MY PEOPLE AND SEE SOMETHING GOOD IN THIS GOODLUCK GOVERNMENT FOR ONCE INSTEAD OF ASCRIBING HIS ACHIEVEMENT TO ANOTHER PERSON.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Basics007: 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2011
It's a good news whether state or FG. But i wish the govt can take the issue of security on the railway serious. Considering the hell luxurious buses owners and passengers go thru in the hands of robbers,it's just a matter of time before the bad boys switch their attention to railways.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by silverstud: 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2011
solajacobs:

WHY ARE PEOPLE EASILY FOOLED LIKE THIS? FOR GOD SAKE, THIS IS A FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PROJECT AND AREGBESOLA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. OSUN STATE UNDER HIM IS CONTRIBUTING NOTHING TO THIS. WISE UP MY PEOPLE AND SEE SOMETHING GOOD IN THIS GOODLUCK GOVERNMENT FOR ONCE INSTEAD OF ASCRIBING HIS ACHIEVEMENT TO ANOTHER PERSON.

THANK YOU MAN, These people sound like our republicans here, who bash the federal government, only to turn-around and claim the credit for all the work being done by the federal government in their states,
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by sartorius(m): 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2011
The mou is on transporting agricultural products from a proposed project by aregbesola.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by sartorius(m): 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2011
Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola has said a vibrant rail system is needed to boost Nigeria’s economy.
Aregbesola spoke yesterday in Osogbo, the Osun State capital, while signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC).

He said no nation in the world depends solely on road transportation.
Aregbesola said: “Sole reliance on road transportation has affected the nation’s economy adversely. It is high time the Federal Government improved our air and waterways for efficient transportation. Anywhere in the world, a combination of transportation systems makes a nation.
“We have overused our roads and need the alternative of a viable rail system. It is, therefore, necessary for government to develop other means of transportation.”

He said food products from the state would be exchanged for finished products from Lagos State at a market in Dagbolu, a small community in Ifelodun Local Government Area of the state, through rail.

NRC’s Managing Director Adeseyi Sijuwade said the corporation, in collaboration with the Osun State Government, would boost the state’s economy through freight services.

Sijuwade said the NRC has dedicated wagons to service the state.
He said: “When the NRC completes ongoing rehabilitation of its facilities, we shall collaborate with other state governments, organisations and any person that requires our services.
“This is a development that is in conformity with our home grown strategy to public private partnership, aimed at delivering quality rail transport services to Nigerians.”

Nation
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Anvaller: 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2011
GEJ is trying to impress Nigerians by putting locomotives back on mono rail track through the NRC and then they are jumping up

But wait they are not only jumping
Aregbs took advantage, signed an MoU to facilitate train halt in Osun,  and then they said Aregbs is the don who did that, the Genius with many ideas,  grin grin grin funny ppl

Then these ppl started to doff their hats for Aregbs. Isn't it funny? So many NLers are always trying to exude intelligence with their comments. So I always think they can't be so cheap.

Remember that OGD, the so called never-do-well also facilitated same. Whether he was trying to impress at the dead min or not, the fact that he did the same shows it is nothing extraordinary. U dont have to sweat off your spores before signing an MoU!!! most especially when u are going to take an advantage without investing anything. Any politician in the world would do that.

I remember again Akala of the so called Amala political exponent also did same in Yaradua era. When Yaradua's administration was trying to revive the NRC by re awarding the rail reconstruction to the CCC, Akala having seen that the railway might be operational soon also strategised then to take an advantage of it by signing an MoU to facilitate the establishment of a Dry Port at Akinyele LGA of Ibadan. But unfortunately for him then NRC failed to work.

So what is fantastic about aregb's MoU apart from pulling phantom stunts on osun defender?
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by KINGwax(m): 5:02pm On Nov 11, 2011
Anvaller:

GEJ is trying to impress Nigerians by putting locomotives back on mono rail track through the NRC and then they are jumping up

Aregbs took advantage, signed an MoU to facilitate train halt in Osun,  and then they said Aregbs is the don who did that, the Genius with many ideas,  grin grin grin funny ppl

Then these ppl started to doff their hats for Aregbs. Isn't it funny? So many NLers are always trying to exude intelligence with their comments. So I always think they can't be so cheap.

Remember that OGD, the so called never-do-well also facilitated same. Whether he was trying to impress at the dead min or not, the fact that he did the same shows it is nothing extraordinary. U dont have to sweat off your spores before signing an MoU!!! most especially when u are going to take an advantage without investing anything. Any politician in the world would do that.

I remember again Akala of the so called Amala political exponent also did same in Yaradua era. When Yaradua's administration was trying to revive the NRC by re awarding the rail reconstruction to the CCC, Akala having seen that the railway might be operational soon also strategised then to take an advantage of it by signing an MoU to facilitate the establishment of a Dry Port at Akinyele LGA of Ibadan. But unfortunately for him then NRC failed to work.

So what is fantastic about aregb's MoU apart from pulling phantom stunts on osun defender?  
tell them!
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:18pm On Nov 11, 2011
ACN bigots in Osun are stealingPresident credits  cry cry cry cry
GEJ , hope you are watching  grin grin grin grin
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by manchy7531: 5:38pm On Nov 11, 2011
fairytale
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by manchy7531: 5:51pm On Nov 11, 2011

Aregbs took advantage, signed an MoU to facilitate train halt in Osun, and then they said Aregbs is the don who did that, the Genius with many ideas, Grin Grin Grin funny ppl

TINU BU OLE has taught him.am no surprised he has learnt fast.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Pharoh: 5:53pm On Nov 11, 2011
This is the work of the federal government and not the state government, in our bid to condemn goodluck, the fg and pdp we never see anything good in them really. Lets be objective for once, acn, pdp or apga. . . nigeria is our country for now and every development is welcomed from any angle.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Torch1(m): 6:11pm On Nov 11, 2011
Anvaller:

Then these ppl started to doff their hats for Aregbs. Isn't it funny? 
lol,, i have to agree with you, its very fun. They are trying to discredit GEJ/PDP by telling us that Aregbe/ACN built those rail way but they 4get that it was GEJ that put it back on track from Lagos, Ibadan to Ilorin. They 've already started calling BEAF, grin grin
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by fm7070: 6:27pm On Nov 11, 2011
the whole thing was started by Obasanjo.
I know a lot about Nigerian Railway Corporation
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by asha80(m): 6:38pm On Nov 11, 2011
any person that believes this story by osun defender must be having a laugh
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by OlaPhils(m): 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2011
animal, students of Osun state has been at home for months( on strike) nothing has been said abt it, u are talking abt train. why don't he do first thing first?
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Jps1(m): 10:14pm On Nov 11, 2011
But if Aregbe is not d one that aided the railway system, then how many state among the state that are even governors by PDP that their railway system stop at the same time the osun railway stop has starts working like this of Osun. Give credit and honour to whom deserve it, so aregbe kudos and weldone but find a solution to the striking tertary institution in Osun state, so that this wouldn't stop your good work. A real leader, Osun a dara o, God bless Nigeria. AMEN.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by djustice: 11:14pm On Nov 11, 2011
Who are these brain-washed illiterates

Is it not obvious to them that this is a continuation of the work started by Obasanjo, interrupted by Yar'Adunce and restarted by Jonathan? How much does Aregberascal get as allocation to make his state afford rail services? How much IGR?

Someone who hasn't paid teachers salaries? I've been to Osun, through Osogbo, Gbongan, Ilesa and Ijebu-Jesa. Omo, that state is f-orking worwor! Aregbebastard is doing NOTHING there. It's just like a bigger Alimosho, with many more villages trying to form towns!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How States Withdrew N593.1bn From Federation Account In Q1 2018 / Electricity Generation Falls To 2,447MW From 4,129MW / The Punch Releases A New Cartoon Image Which Relates To The Arrest Of Mazi Nnamd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.