Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (79476 Views)

Best Gifts For Your Family Under $150 / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 11:28am On Nov 14, 2011
Johndoe100:

I will go to the place later today to see if I can locate these people. I will offer them 1,000 naira for sex with the wife. Her mouth should still be functunal. Just hope she does'nt have body odor.
I don't believe all the sob stories. The man is a layabout.
You sounds like a neighbor to them. Under which bridge can you be located?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 11:38am On Nov 14, 2011
yamakuza:

[s]i'm not, but even if i was i might not want to get directly involved. [/s]

I think its good to work with formal/established structures in situations like these.

How many ppl on NL run NGOs or work for NGOs?

Crotalus seems to be the only one so far, and he happens to be willing.

1. If we cant get substitutes/alternatives, perhaps he can do the needful to remove the doubts and reservations people have about him?

2. He has mapped out a strategy. Can he execute it alone or what assistance will he require?

r231, whats the agenda or next step for our NGO? Seems Seun doesnt want to get personally involved and thats understandable. It might just be a cell thing then. Item 2 is?

well if we can get somebody from NL to go and verify their location and needs, we can all come together and see how much we can raise for them on the other thread.

maybe 2 MODs in Lagos or any old NL member that can be trusted and is ready to do the job too

obviously for accommodation, we can do the research ourselves from property thread but first thing first we need to see how to get in touch with them to srt with
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yamakuza: 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2011
^ seems Ify has volunteered to visit and bring us pictures.

We really need a current Situation Analysis.

Was asking about Step2 for the thread u created, but now i see its on the FP.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 12:13pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^^^oh ok

well lets wait for her report bck and we can take it from there
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ifyalways(f): 1:49pm On Nov 14, 2011
I just left there.Hmmn na wao.

Truly,the couple exist for real.They have a baby boy and the wife is visibly pregnant.Contrary to PM news report,Mr Obuh do go out to hustle and does not sit all day sleeping and eating.

On arriving and locating them(took me almost an hour),I met Dupe and the baby boy.Started asking her questions and while at it,Mr Obuh walked in.He had with him pieces of scrap metals he got for reselling to scavengers.

and Yep,I now without doubt do believe that they might be disturbed by snakes and other rodents.The place is just filthy,area boys shyte,smoke ganja just 5 meters away from their "home".

One thing I noticed and can't help but share is this:the couple are so in love with each other and quite simple.The smile and warm reception they gave me,Dupe even offered me pure water from her bowl nearby.would start posting pics soon.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 1:51pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^ Good development. do try and post these pictures.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 1:56pm On Nov 14, 2011
ifyalways:

I just left there.Hmmn na wao.

Truly,the couple exist for real.They have a baby boy and the wife is visibly pregnant.Contrary to PM news report,Mr Obuh do go out to hustle and does not sit all day sleeping and eating.

On arriving and locating them(took me almost an hour),I met Dupe and the baby boy.Started asking her questions and while at it,Mr Obuh walked in.He had with him pieces of scrap metals he got for reselling to scavengers.

and Yep,I now without doubt do believe that they might be disturbed by snakes and other rodents.The place is just filthy,area boys shyte,smoke ganja just 5 meters away from their "home".

One thing I noticed and can't help but share is this:the couple are so in love with each other and quite simple.The smile and warm reception they gave me,Dupe even offered me pure water from her bowl nearby.would start posting pics soon.

good development

have you seen this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-802184.0.html#msg9542518

well a lot of pple wants to help so if you don't mind we can nominate you and can srt by trying to move on to the next agenda
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by jaybee3(m): 2:10pm On Nov 14, 2011
Rent payment and any sort of empowerment will surely help this couple.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^ I'm fully in support of this one.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 2:12pm On Nov 14, 2011
we need to know how much apt cost before anything and also what area they want to move to
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by jaybee3(m): 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2011
r231:

we need to know how much apt cost before anything and also what area they want to move to
All they need is a single room
Area shouldn't be high on priority.
Empowerment should be the order of the day cos without that you'd just render them useless as well as being another freeloader.
Surely Mr Obuh must possess one skill or the other so helping him find an unskilled work shouldn't be a problem.
The wife's business can be expanded with a lil dosh as well. More pure water = more profit kinda thing
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^^^^True

how u dey anyways

you guys just fashy me since u didnt see me grin grin
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by jaybee3(m): 2:30pm On Nov 14, 2011
I dey oh
You know say u be ajala, thought u travelled to naij
How madam?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2011
she dey o
na church runs jare grin grin
but will be there nxt wknd by the grace of God
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2011
Good job Ify. Now we can involve Lawyer in the property section and i'm sure Ify would be nice enough to be a channel, from Us to them
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yogun(f): 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2011
we are very quick to judge.

let's forget about what is right and how it ought to be rightly done.

the woman is pregnant and it is late for all the talk abt family planning and safe sex until after dis baby is delivered.

we have a duty and we can choose to be our broda's keeper.

we can ensure that this woman get adequate health care in her present condition.

there's poverty every where in the world just that it exist in various degrees. we can come together to provide them with accommodation. The man cant go back to the village when he has never been there and has lived here all his life. they are living in danger and we can choose to turn a deaf ear or render a lil help.

religious bodies shld also rise up to the occasion and help pple at the grassroot level.

God bless us all.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yogun(f): 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2011
am sure around Itire, Ijesa, Orile and co. there's shld be a room apartment btw 3-5k/month and usually u pay btw 1-2yrs + agency fees
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2011
yogun:

am sure around Itire, Ijesa, Orile and co. there's shld be a room apartment btw 3-5k/month and usually u pay btw 1-2yrs + agency fees

so we say about 70 for 1yrs rent
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ifyalways(f): 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2011
Can"t upload the pics.File too large. . . the error message that i get.R231 and freiburger,I can neither reply nor contact you guys unless you add an email address to the PM.can send the pics to any of you for re sizing and posting.

Odunnu:

Good job Ify. Now we can involve Lawyer in the property section and i'm sure Ify would be nice enough to be a channel, from Us to them
Nne mmadu a ga eme anya?
I would be around till early december.Would glad to help.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yogun(f): 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2011
150k at most shld get them a 2yr accommmodation. the couple cld do with some counselling afterwards
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 2:59pm On Nov 14, 2011
yogun:

150k at most shld get them a 2yr accommmodation. the couple cld do with some counselling afterwards

maybe we can do 1 to one and half yr rent and give them the rest of the money

cus its not going to be easy to raise that kind of money on NL

except if we get 20 pple dat can donate 10k each
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yogun(f): 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2011
well done Ify!!!

dat's a good start that helps to confirm reports
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yogun(f): 3:03pm On Nov 14, 2011
if truly d 1yr rent law has taken effect in Lagos as claimed then half of that amount shld get them a room to live
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2011
yogun:

if truly d 1yr rent law has taken effect in Lagos as claimed then half of that amount shld get them a room to live

so we are looking at bout 100K to raise basically
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by jaybee3(m): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^^
Probably best not to put a ceiling figure to what needs raising.
What y'all need to agree on is what needs doing and how you go about executing 'em to the best of y'all's abilities.
Money is the least of the problem here
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^^^oh ok
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2011
What need to do now is to find a member who will voluntarily help in estalishing a contact with the family in question.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 14, 2011
Its wonderful to see this coming together.And a big thanks to ifyalways for comfirming the status of the couple.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2011
This isthe newiest i've got
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2011
I will surely work on the pics and post it later i got them from Ifyalways.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2011
Ladies and gentleman i'm so upset with these pictures lets do something. They are nothing but humans. I'll be back.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 3:35pm On Nov 14, 2011
where is the pic cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test / Anthony Chijioke: Dr. Ozuzu George Davidson Slept With My Wife (Photos) / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.