Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,474 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? (10298 Views)

Poisons Naija Guys Take To Satisfy Naija Girls In Bed / Please Guys Especially Married Ladies What Is Your Take Or Experience On This. / Post The Profile/names Of Cute Nairaland Guys.(especially 4 D Ladies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by lolaluv1(f): 10:03pm On Nov 15, 2011
Especially on this romance section. I see different topics specifically tailored to discredit the women of this great country. This section is supposed to be romantic for Pete's sake. The addendum to the romance section says:a place to hook up and find love.

Methinks, it could also be employed as a place for people seeking solutions to their romantic problems (which I've also done). So why is the section now mostly about the guys accusing Naija girls of being gold diggers, having BO, having bad breath, BB clutching, Brazilian weave wearing, being overtly greedy and what not??

Most of y'all seem to find sadistic, perverse pleasure in painting a negative picture of your naija girls, which is really sad and uncalled for. I won't call names, but the guilty ones know themselves. You even lie in desperate attempt to make spurious claims. Na wa oh!!

If topics posted here are counted, a good percent of them is "Naija girl is this, naija girl is that". What do you hope to gain from all this?? What is the rationale behind all the bitterness and hatred??

Most times, I just check some topics and I don't comment. It's not worth it and I choose to believe that you guys are just using rough online persona to appear hard and 'manly'. (I hope I'm right).
While I am personally not moved by all this show of aggression and 'machismo', I am concerned about the negative picture you are giving other nationalities about us. Isn't it enough with the 419/yahoo yahoo tag Naija has already?
Must you paint every Naija female as a potential naughty woman?? When there are plenty of us out there, who are truly beautiful inside and out, honest, faithful, hard working, intelligent and incredibly strong??

There are some guys who do not follow this trend, even at the expense of appearing like woman wrappers. I will likewise not mention names but, [size=16pt]kudos[/size], for you know yourselves!!

3 Likes

Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 15, 2011
why sis why?

you are giving them more reasons. . . undecided
it's like i said earlier this year, IGNORE THEM!!!

Anytime Niaja women see threads dissing them, BOYCOTT
those threads. When I announced it, the ladies complied
and the guy was LITERALLY left alone on the thread
talking to himself and cursing me out. grin

1 Like

Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by lolaluv1(f): 10:10pm On Nov 15, 2011
^^
Thanx sis. I respect ignoring any abuser. But what brings all the abuse in the first place
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by Cuddlemii: 10:25pm On Nov 15, 2011
@op
You just won my armour of respect and submission.

I have been waiting for a lady of integrity and confidence to ask Romance Section's Men why they bash Naija ladies a lot. After fighting the act for too long, I just gave up as other ladies seemed to be enjoying the disgrace. Some ladies would even write foolishly all in the bid to be in the good books of these men and sell their birth right so that guys would find them amusing. A lot of foreigners must have gotten an ill impression about Naija ladies by now when some ladies here would blush at it and even verify that all what the men say are very true.

I am waiting for the response that Nairaland men would give to this credible, applaudable and chart topping question of yours. One love babes, much respect!!!
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by lolaluv1(f): 10:35pm On Nov 15, 2011
^^cuddles, my sis.
Itz a Nairaland epidemic. Its so sad. We are been sold out by our very own men for other peeps to disrespect! I hope these guys are not this way in real life. What happens to a generation that thinks [b]nothing [/b]of it's women??
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 15, 2011
I think em ladies love been called biitches and spanked around. Like MZD said, ignore such thread(s) and watch them fade away. .
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 15, 2011
[size=14pt]Simple!

The He-goats do it out of boredom and attention seeking! And the worst is the idiotic nincompoop that bears the name of a dilapidated car, and types in red, pink or turquoise fonts. . . And being the lame hypocrites they are, they tell you "i'm different offline"! Schmucks they are, and are all sleeping on okada!. . . [/size]
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by Flashaldrin(m): 10:40pm On Nov 15, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Simple!

The He-goats do it out of boredom and attention seeking! And the worst is the idiotic nincompoop that bears the name of a dilapidated car, and types in red, pink or turquoise fonts. . . And being the lame hypocrites they are, they tell you i'm different offline! Schmucks they are, and are all sleeping on okada!. . . [/size]

hear! hear!!
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by slimyem: 10:43pm On Nov 15, 2011
Honestly its disheartening.most of these stories are fabricated just to put the female-folk in bad light all for nothing!
we  female shoud all decide to boycott/ignore those kinda threads(even they make your adrenaline pump faster and make u wanna drop a comment) like msdrkskn said and hope things turn out better.
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2011
REALITY101:

I think em ladies love been called biitches and spanked around. Like MZD said, ignore such thread(s) and watch them fade away. .

OKAY!!
that's what's up! Kill the cancer before it spreads. I too will practice what I preach because
I've noticed it's getting out of hand. And although I may laugh at Mr.Cork or lefoollefool's jokes  tongue
I find the serious accusations repulsive. I said from day one even as a foreigner, if Nigerian
women are dissed, so are we. I'm seeing it growing more and more especially on this site and it's
depressing! I've always used Africa as an example of what blacks all over should imitate
in terms of the importance of respect but damn!!  undecided

As Omolola used to say "silence is the best answer" so ignore it!! smiley
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by lolaluv1(f): 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2011
@sexkillz
Preach, Mister!! We hear you loud and clear!!

@slimyem
WORD!!
When such post are ignored, believe you ma sis, things [b]will [/b]get better
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 15, 2011
[size=14pt]Blame it on the Moderators! They should lock those kind of threads and the goats would desist from such acts. . .

or

Sexkillz & Natasha's way: Classical Derailment!. . . Works Magic!. . . I think we should adopt the derailment methodology. . .[/size]
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by lolaluv1(f): 11:01pm On Nov 15, 2011
@MzD
You have just confirmed my fears. At least you know how we are. Now think of all the people who will believe what they read on here. After all, some of those white peeps still believe we Africans swing from tree from tree, naked. If they could believe such bull, they will certainly believe the posts they see on here too, that posts on here in Nairaland is what is obtainable in the civilized parts of Africa (where we don't swing from tree to tree, that is).

You're not the only one disheartened. I am also adopting that resolution. Ignore all posts I consider degrading as a woman and it will slink away with it's tail between it's legs!!
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by lolaluv1(f): 11:07pm On Nov 15, 2011
@sexkillz
So you and Natasha have been on some 'secret agent' mission of your own. . .good work. Though, I wouldn't even waste my time on such threads anymore. How many posts will one derail. These guys churn them out every minute. They seem to be on a mission to be the most abusive or a competition on who will bring the most incredulous tale of a naija girl's wrongdoing!!
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2011
[size=14pt]^^^
Ok!
It's up to the moderators then. But i think they are too busy having a laugh themselves, as some of these threads make the front page. . . Pitiable
[/size]
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 15, 2011
@sexkillz VERY good point. "Where are the mods"?  cool

@lola, I am glad you used the peaceful approach to settle the issue
and just know that often times low self esteem begets drama. When ppl feel crappy about themselves they turn into 'crabs in barrels'. Take that power back by shutting them down!!  cool

LOL anyway, I'm done preaching now.  grin
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 15, 2011
That lefulefu n his false shit makes me vomit all the time.
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by lolaluv1(f): 11:21pm On Nov 15, 2011
^^^
Yeah, its quite pathetic. And altogether so sad, cuz at the end of the day, it doesn't speak much for our society.
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by BABE3: 11:29pm On Nov 15, 2011
Nostalgia! 

I remember creating a thread similar to this several months ago. It made the front page. Buhahaha. I got 10 pages of Undiluted insults/bashing as responses. Chei! That is my worst "experience" on NL. lol.
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by emofine(f): 11:34pm On Nov 15, 2011
In all honesty I have just grown numb to all the derision. The irony is, in their effort to negatively portray Nigerian women unbeknownst to them they have also stained themselves - dare I say it, they have advertised themselves much more negatively than they have done for their counterparts.
As a result of all these merciless abuse whenever I see few some threads bashing Nigerian men I do not feel obliged to intervene.
Whether for mere sport or actual grievances many of these so called men are beginning to fester an atmosphere where Nigerian women may one day unfortunately and understandably resent them.

Truthfully, after all things have been said and done there will be numerous topics sacrificing the dignity of Nigerian women on the alter of myths. Like I've said before, these particular men should consolidate their grievances into one specific thread so that the section will not be flooded by constant parodies .They can even call for it to be permanently pegged on to the top of the board akin to the romance chat thread so it'll never get lost.  They can create volumes if they so wish . . .hopefully their female children will one day not discover what their father's really think of their type.
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by lolaluv1(f): 11:39pm On Nov 15, 2011
@BABE
Eyah! My poor babe!! sad
I wish things were different though. I think this section would be much fun if things were different. I'm skeptical of making a hook up of any sort here (friendship and otherwise). I just don't trust the character of most of those that come up here, especially with the way disrespectful we ladies have been painted!!! And the purpose of there being a romance section here is defeated at the end of the day!! There's certainly no love lost here!!!
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by lolaluv1(f): 11:41pm On Nov 15, 2011
@emofine
Deep words right there, sis. And every one of them true!!
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by Chimezie198(m): 11:47pm On Nov 15, 2011
lola.luv:

Especially on this romance section. I see different topics specifically tailored to discredit the women of this great country. This section is supposed to be romantic for Pete's sake. The addendum to the romance section says:a place to hook up and find love.

Methinks, it could also be employed as a place for people seeking solutions to their romantic problems (which I've also done). So why is the section now mostly about the guys accusing Naija girls of being gold diggers, having BO, having bad breath, BB clutching, Brazilian weave wearing, being overtly greedy and what not??

Most of y'all seem to find sadistic, perverse pleasure in painting a negative picture of your naija girls, which is really sad and uncalled for. I won't call names, but the guilty ones know themselves. You even lie in desperate attempt to make spurious claims. Na wa oh!!

If topics posted here are counted, a good percent of them is "Naija girl is this, naija girl is that". What do you hope to gain from all this?? What is the rationale behind all the bitterness and hatred??

Most times, I just check some topics and I don't comment. It's not worth it and I choose to believe that you guys are just using rough online persona to appear hard and 'manly'. (I hope I'm right).
While I am personally not moved by all this show of aggression and 'machismo', I am concerned about the negative picture you are giving other nationalities about us. Isn't it enough with the 419/yahoo yahoo tag Naija has already?
Must you paint every Naija female as a potential naughty woman?? When there are plenty of us out there, who are truly beautiful inside and out, honest, faithful, hard working, intelligent and incredibly strong??

There are some guys who do not follow this trend, even at the expense of appearing like woman wrappers. I will likewise not mention names but, [size=16pt]kudos[/size], for you know yourselves!!

Sweeeerry, lets hookup. I promise things will be fine someday!
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by MrsChima1(f): 11:48pm On Nov 15, 2011
OP

Because they can't afford them.
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by MrsChima1(f): 11:50pm On Nov 15, 2011
People still believe Africans swing from tree to tree? undecided undecided
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by BABE3: 11:52pm On Nov 15, 2011
lola.luv:

@BABE
Eyah! My poor babe!! sad
I wish things were different though. I think this section would be much fun if things were different. I'm skeptical of making a hook up of any sort here (friendship and otherwise). I just don't trust the character of most of those that come up here, especially with the way disrespectful we ladies have been painted!!! And the purpose of there being a romance section here is defeated at the end of the day!! There's certainly no love lost here!!!

You want to hook-up? As in correct hook-up? Hehehehehe.  grin Don't lemme discourage you. A couple of folks have found "loff" on here. However, you have to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL darling. I can't stress that enough.

No, I've not fallen victim. But--Yes, I've heard stories;crazy-a$$ stories. lol

We have vampires in human-clothing on here.
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by tellwisdom: 11:55pm On Nov 15, 2011
[size=16pt]You people should shut the helll up angry angry. 70% of what they say about you people is nothing but the truth.
so what the fuckkk are you talking abt?? We both live together in this country and we knw what you gurls do and what you are capable of. Change is the solution!! CHANGE YOUR WAYS angry angry
[/size]

I cant be 95% Wrong at all time undecided undecided
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by MrsChima1(f): 11:57pm On Nov 15, 2011
A hit wolf howled. lipsrsealed
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by Chimezie198(m): 12:00am On Nov 16, 2011
BABE!:

You want to hook-up? As in correct hook-up? Hehehehehe.  grin Don't lemme discourage you. A couple of folks have found "loff" on here. However, you have to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL darling. I can't stress that enough.

No, I've not fallen victim. But--Yes, I've heard stories;crazy-a$$ stories. lol

We have vampires in human-clothing on here.

Mmhmm, SHE DON COME
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by tellwisdom: 12:07am On Nov 16, 2011
A hit wolf howled. lipsrsealed

U say wah?? angry angry
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by 195(f): 12:18am On Nov 16, 2011
Madness in pratice

Albino Begets Albino

Albinosim in the 21st century - Its unheard of

@OP

Look futher - the answers you seek are right in front of you
Re: Naija Guys (Especially Romance Section), Why Do You Like Bashing Naija Girls? by lolaluv1(f): 12:26am On Nov 16, 2011
@babe
Well. . .was kidding, he he he!! Nah, wouldnt do that to maself! On the reAL, VAMPIRES?? Jor oh!! lol.

Buh I wouldn't have minded making some new friends though. Just that, I'm really skeptical. Making friends with a guy who calls other babes 'hos would be detrimental cause one day, it'd be my turn. Old habits die hard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Girls, Hoes And Tattoos! / I saw this via Instagram and I decided to post it here / Keep Pushing And Believing, Love Will Definitely Find You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.