Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Heroes: TV Series - TV/Movies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Heroes: TV Series (22462 Views)

Download All Episodes Of Heroes Reborn Here / Heroes Reborn. / Download Heroes Season 3 Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heroes: TV Series by Vieira(m): 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2008
I am posting this blind and have not read most of the recent posts as we in the UK are one week behind.

But I like to make a point about Heroes, the writers of this show are 100% comic freaks and in comics almost nobody ever dies!

They always find ways of bringing people back and this disease is very apparent in Heroes.

Another staple of comics is the sudden revelation that some villian is related to the hero, Sylar, Nathan and Peter are like the Summer brothers in the X-men for those who read comics.

I am finding it frustrating coming to this or other threads because I am one week behind and keep trying to avoid spoilers.
Re: Heroes: TV Series by justkunmi(m): 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2008
There are many problems with Heroes. the Nobody dies syndrome, the every Hero is related issue. . nd all.
But I think the greatest problem with it is that they've given the Heroes too much powers. Powers the writers themselves can't control. .
Powers that should be on auto pilot even when ur not thinking

A very good example of what i mean is this. .
Peter has been painted to be the "coolest bad guy". He can fly, time travel, disappear, pause time, run fast, paint the future, and of course hear people's thoughts. .
These powers are too much IMO and they tend to forget that he has some of these powers sometimes. .

In the scene with his fatherdid the hearing people Thoughts switch suddenly go off? or did they forget he had that power?
In the scene in the future with the reformed Sylar, Claire came in with a gun and was threatning. .  did he suddenly forget he could pause time?

and just a wild thoughtI think Peter has met the Haitian once. .  grin grin so. .  grin grin
Re: Heroes: TV Series by Seun(m): 11:55pm On Oct 27, 2008
The show is basically a soap opera for comic junkies. I absolutely love the speedster. She's cute
Re: Heroes: TV Series by tosinadeda: 1:17am On Oct 28, 2008
ok lets see if ando dies!!!!!
Re: Heroes: TV Series by Dclique(m): 11:19am On Oct 28, 2008
lol,
Re: Heroes: TV Series by texazzpete(m): 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2008
It's part of netiquette to put a big

[size=20pt]SPOILER ALERT[/size]
banner before you go revealing plot twists. Some people actually do like to experience their media themselves. Don't be like Nigerian movie reviewers that spill all the beans in the reviews grin
Re: Heroes: TV Series by spikyn: 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2008
Ok now this is really exciting but I fear Heroes III is turning into 24 V. As in the pacing and bumping off people.
Re: Heroes: TV Series by Seun(m): 12:15am On Nov 01, 2008
I'm on episode seven. I like the way they keep reusing the same actors we've grown to love.
Re: Heroes: TV Series by icezik1(m): 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2008
justkunmi:

There are many problems with Heroes.  the Nobody dies syndrome, the every Hero is related issue. . nd all.
But I think the greatest problem with it is that they've given the Heroes too much powers. Powers the writers themselves can't control. .
Powers that should be on auto pilot even when ur not thinking

A very good example of what i mean is this. .
Peter has been painted to be the "coolest bad guy". He can fly, time travel, disappear, pause time, run fast, paint the future, and of course hear people's thoughts. .
These powers are too much IMO and they tend to forget that he has some of these powers sometimes. .

In the scene with his fatherdid the hearing people Thoughts switch suddenly go off? or did they forget he had that power?
In the scene in the future with the reformed Sylar, Claire came in with a gun and was threatning. .  did he suddenly forget he could pause time?

and just a wild thoughtI think Peter has met the Haitian once. .  grin grin so. .  grin grin

First of all, Peter HAS met the Haitian, but as you already know, the Haitian turns off your ability when he's near you therefore there is no way for Peter to have the Haitian powers.

Secondly, People do remain dead in Heroes. For example, Isaac Mendes, Maya's brother, The former head of the company Bill, the nuclear powered guy, Niki Sanders, DL etc etc.

Thirdly, watch episode 7 and then make conclusions.
Re: Heroes: TV Series by Seun(m): 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2008
First of all, Peter HAS met the Haitian, but as you already know, the Haitian turns off your ability when he's near you therefore there is no way for Peter to have the Haitian powers.
That's true, but we also know that the Haitian's powers don't work when he is knocked out.  So anyone with Sylar' abillity can knock out the Haitian, drug him so he doesn't wake up, and then slice open his brain to analyze the powers.

But I think the greatest problem with it is that they've given the Heroes too much powers.
But, yes, Peter and Sylar are just too powerful.  So powerful that if they were smart enough to fully utilize their powers in every situation, there would be no drama.  They would rule the world, just like that.   So I think it's wonderful that [size=2pt]Peter has been relieved of his abilities by his father.[/size]  I think the writers need to write a limitation into the story, for example they could make the powers wear off with time or something.
Re: Heroes: TV Series by spikyn: 5:07pm On Nov 06, 2008
@ice_zik you forgot Isaac Mendes's girlfriend and her dad too
Re: Heroes: TV Series by Dclique(m): 6:48pm On Nov 06, 2008
i wish i could jst dwnld the 1st three episode of da latest season online.
Re: Heroes: TV Series by justkunmi(m): 3:26am On Nov 07, 2008
saw episode 7. .

wats up with this African dude.? He's always talking like a bad guy. Like he knows what everyone deosn't.
Well I hope he does. .

Wld like to see how the Sylar-Peter-Mr. Petrelli scene really played out. .
an explanation in episode 8 would do.
Re: Heroes: TV Series by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 08, 2008
What's holding back episode 8 na?
Re: Heroes: TV Series by just1n(m): 5:00pm On Nov 08, 2008
watz holdin u back? @dclique
Re: Heroes: TV Series by iice(f): 5:33pm On Nov 08, 2008
Think that's showing on the 10th undecided

Go Sylar, go!! grin grin
Re: Heroes: TV Series by icezik1(m): 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2008
Yeah! Heroes is today!
Re: Heroes: TV Series by iice(f): 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2008
All bluidy connected!
Someone gets the ax too grin

Arrrghhhh Hiro no!!!!!
Can't wait for the next episode, hope hiro will still be ok undecided
Re: Heroes: TV Series by justkunmi(m): 6:21am On Nov 13, 2008
oh. . Hiro nooooooooooooooo!!!!.

and hahahahaha. grin
I was actually rollin on the floor laffin at that African dude!!!
i tot he always had his base covered. . lol grin
i tot he always knew wat was goin to happen. . lmao grin grin
i guess he didnt see that one coming!!! lmao. . grin grin grin grin
"hey watch your head, dude" lmao!!! grin grin grin

so he is not bad ass afterall. . wink

and boy, do I love Mama Petrelli. .
she's a schemer!!!

so looking forward to the next episode. . (i think for the first time this season). . lol
Re: Heroes: TV Series by iice(f): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2008
The Haitian needs to be called in.
Re: Heroes: TV Series by justkunmi(m): 8:40am On Nov 14, 2008
the Haitian for what??
Re: Heroes: TV Series by iice(f): 1:50pm On Nov 14, 2008
Erhhh Mr. Petrelli
Re: Heroes: TV Series by iice(f): 8:19am On Nov 18, 2008
It's coming
Sylar is getting more powerful i think
The lines are being drawn, the good vs the bad
Now if only the others get their powers back
Ughhh did claire have to be the special one? Can't they just kill her off already? tongue
Re: Heroes: TV Series by cabali(m): 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2008
it is just a scheme 2 keep that little girl on. as far as i am concerned, she is of no use. take d catalyst, put in someone else, kill off the bitch! i have had it with her existence.
Re: Heroes: TV Series by watever(f): 12:38am On Nov 19, 2008
oooh, i'm excited about heroes again. . . yatta!
Re: Heroes: TV Series by justkunmi(m): 4:50am On Nov 19, 2008
i'm so burnt right now!!!
nooo not claire!!! catalyst my middle finger!!!!
just another ploy to keep her on the show. .
i think she must be sleepin with one of 'em writers. . . grin grin grin because how she remains important still beats me. .

and it keeps getting annoyin. .

and sylar getting all mushy mushy with El. arrghhh!!!

and please is it just me? i think that black guy that feeds off people's fears is very very dumb.
and that his flame throwing side kick. dumb villains. .

next time, get scary villains.

that guy with the replication stuff, like Shikamaru in Naruto, woulda been nice, but they killed him off. .
Parkman's dad too. .

still annoyin . . Heroes. . but i still watch it. . wink
Re: Heroes: TV Series by cabali(m): 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2008
I give them this season; if they mess it all up, They will so loose me indeed
Re: Heroes: TV Series by iice(f): 6:43pm On Nov 20, 2008
Hey! I like that Sylar is getting mushy tongue So long as it's limited time, i still want him badass!

Yeah, i think the same about the guy who feeds off peoples' fears. Lamo!
I like flint's powers just that he comes off cheesy undecided

Hmmm so the eclipse coming is different from the one that came at the beginning huh?
Where is HRG?

Am excited to see the next episode. I want a showdown!
Re: Heroes: TV Series by justkunmi(m): 11:45pm On Nov 20, 2008
i just want claire dead.
Re: Heroes: TV Series by watever(f): 12:56am On Nov 21, 2008
and i just want some awesome!
Re: Heroes: TV Series by cabali(m): 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2008
I want some powers to go kill some of these folks myself starting from the cheer leader
Re: Heroes: TV Series by Vieira(m): 1:21am On Nov 24, 2008
Claire should be the Wolverine of Heroes universe, she needs to get some Ninja training and carry weapons.

Then she'll be bad ass, right now she is too defensive.

Hiro losing his memory and acting like a kid was just retarded.

Loved the ending though, the forces of good lining up against the forces of evil

Lets hope we have a proper showdown this time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Hennessy Reunites Plantashun Boiz On Stage [pictures] / Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington / BBNaija: Liquorose Wins Trophy, ₦100,000 In Bet9ja Task

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.