Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,813 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. (5275 Views)

Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? / INEC: GEJ Plans To Replace Prof. Attahiru Jega With Prof. Olufemi Mimiko / How INEC National Commissioners ‘convinced Jega Not To Postpone Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:26am On Nov 17, 2011
Having looked through the list of Awardees during the last National Awards Ceremony, I couldnt help but notice that all the people/persons in charge of our Security in this country both present and past were given National Awards. This includes Rigim (Inspector General of Police) who barely escaped death at the hands of Boko Haram Suicide bomber barely 48hours after threatening to deal with them in a news conference. Also the Mr. Ita (Director general of the SSS) who failed to get any intelligence on any of the Boko Haram bombings or even on the activities of the group. Lt. Col Ihejirika (Chief of Army Staff) whos role is to defend the nation from threats both domestic and foreign. amongst others.

Now if these men who have obviously failed in their duties were conferred with National Honours, why wasnt Prof. Attahiru Jega who held the most credible elections in Nigeria since 1992 not given an Award?!

Just curious?!
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by dplordx(m): 10:22am On Nov 17, 2011
Haba! The guy collected about 200billion naira and nobody is asking for accountability or change. Ta!, he got handsomely rewarded.
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by Joey82(m): 10:33am On Nov 17, 2011
@op, fyi

Ihejirika is not a Lt Col.
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by johnie: 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2011
I wonder why Fashola was not on the list?
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by johnie: 12:31pm On Nov 17, 2011
If Aganga, Adoke and co were on the list, why not Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala?
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by TenKobo1: 2:10pm On Nov 17, 2011
For doing what if may ask
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by olusunyah(m): 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2011
johnie:

If Aganga, Adoke and co were on the list, why not Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala?

You ought to know that our leaders are too politically inclined, she cant be honoured because she no more a member of party
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by Pukkah: 2:26pm On Nov 17, 2011
^^^So which party is she a member of?
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by VoodooDoll(m): 2:26pm On Nov 17, 2011
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

But if he was on the list, we know that GEJ will be tongue lashed for rewarding JEGA for the role he is alleged to have played in GEJ's election,

Ah,, Naijas, we can criticise sha, grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by negus: 2:34pm On Nov 17, 2011
Award for criminals and traitors
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by slap1(m): 2:35pm On Nov 17, 2011
Maybe they thought he was on the list.
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by nagoma(m): 2:36pm On Nov 17, 2011
@Poster

A very good question  indeed.  .The DG  SSS who should at least be given a querry to write an essay on "why he should be retained in his post " is  now honoured as a national hero. Jega who we are made to believe conducted "the most free and fair election ever in the country " received no such recognition!! I am sure they dont want to rub it in, PDP feels its  better to let sleeping dogs lie.
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by Exponental(m): 2:39pm On Nov 17, 2011
Only God knows who headed d nomination/ award committee.
He must have asked som sets of his pals 2 nominate.

I feel ashamed 4 GEJ govt.
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by mustspin: 2:55pm On Nov 17, 2011
@ op, wetin concern u for the PDP award wey dem do na, are u a party member? undecided undecided
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by Knight1(m): 3:06pm On Nov 17, 2011
mustspin:

@ op, wetin concern u for the PDP award wey dem do na, are u a party member? undecided undecided
grin grin grin grin grin

MOST LIKELY THEY THOUGHT THE ONLY SIGNIFICANT THING HE HAS DONE IS THE ELECTIONS, FORGETTING HIS ACHIEVEMENTS AS ASUU PREZ. ANYWAY, THESE DAYS IT IS MORE HONOURABLE NOT TO HAVE A NATIONAL AWARD SEF
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by cuteprinz(m): 3:14pm On Nov 17, 2011
mustspin:

It's called National Award
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by Funkymallam(m): 3:16pm On Nov 17, 2011
VoodooDoll:

But if he was on the list, we know that GEJ will be tongue lashed for rewarding JEGA for the role he is alleged to have played in GEJ's election,

Ah,,  Naijas,  we can criticise sha,  grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
VoodooDoll:

Ah,,  Naijas,  we can criticise sha,  grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

u took those words out of my mouth.
I hail o
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by mustspin: 3:20pm On Nov 17, 2011
cuteprinz:

It's called National Award
mr do good, u must think ur smart with that answer? undecided undecided anyways, the smart ones knew i was only humoring the OP grin grin grin. was that award fit enough to be called a national award?
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 17, 2011
Let's be reasonable in our criticisms. If Jega were to be given honours, we will say GEJ is only rewarding him for rigging elections for him.

I fully support Jega not being given now. Maybe when he leaves office.

I personally think for those in public service, they should not be give national awards until after their tenure, when they can be assessed.
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by cuteprinz(m): 3:25pm On Nov 17, 2011
*Clears throat & walks away from thread*
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by mikuz(m): 3:28pm On Nov 17, 2011
pdp national award!!
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by Baawaa(m): 3:54pm On Nov 17, 2011
JEGA,may hav told dem he dont want d award
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 17, 2011
You would have been the first to criticize if he was on the list. tongue
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by UyiIredia(m): 7:01pm On Nov 17, 2011
I think this question is redundant. The man wasted money conducting a marginally civil election, so I do not see why he should be honored with an award.
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2011
Curiosity kills the senseless cat.
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 7:17pm On Nov 17, 2011
slap1:

Maybe they thought he was on the list.
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by cristog120: 7:20pm On Nov 17, 2011
i think okonjo didnt fancy such madness knowing the stuff she is made of
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 7:27pm On Nov 17, 2011
Mmm. What stuff?
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by gascoign1(m): 7:35pm On Nov 17, 2011
If all those failures like Rimgin and yobo can be on the list, i wonder why Sanusi of the CBN is not there
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 17, 2011
SLS has CON already.
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by Oshosam(m): 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2011
It's a pity that our leaders have decided to give the foods of the sons to the dogs. How can potential looters get merit awards in this nation? Let's wake up Nigerians! Let's brace up to reject the mental poverty of our leaders. Is it when some people are saying they don't want to be called Nigerians again that we should spend N36.66bn on National Identity Card Project? Let's face it, those predictions from Howard are really eating deep on our polity. We need a new breed without greed at every level of government. We would be better for it! The fact that a son rejects his food does not mean that he is not coming back for it. Prof. Chinua Achebe: You will get what rightly belongs to you when it is right and justifiable, very soon.
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by chuks49(m): 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2011
An not suprised that the likes of Jega, Fashola and Okonja Iweala didnt make the loosers list.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha / I Inherited A Shameful Nigeria - Buhari / Ogun Makes ₦29.7 Billion In IGR, Borrows ₦38.9 Billion In 10 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.