Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,599 members, 7,827,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha (5291 Views)

Again, El-rufai Appoints Non-indigene As Head Of Service / Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene / Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by mekuslogan: 12:58am On Oct 01, 2012
Mr. Edward Adeniyi is from Lagos State, but among those taken to Onitsha. He told Saturday Sun: "I am Mr. Edward Adeniyi from Western Avenue (Ojuelegba), Lagos. I am a Loto agent until I was arrested and sent to the prison after which I found myself in Onitsha, in the East. I was arrested in May, around Mile 2. I was coming from Maza Maza, where I went to sell Loto printout. I was working with Premier Loto.

Uduaka Asuquo from Akwa Ibom State said she was, until her arrest, a commuter operator and office assistant in Ikoyi, Lagos. According to her: "I was arrested and taken to a place I did not know and I could not contact any of my family members. I was a computer operator in Ikoyi, Lagos and one day, I went out to buy something in my street. It was on environmental sanitation day. I saw a vehicle parked.

The officers bundled me into the vehicle and drove away. They took me to Ikorodu. They dumped me where they kept mad people and beggars and after that, they arranged 16 vehicles that brought us down here. My village is Isenyon, but my parents are living at Ikot Abasi in Akwa Ibom State."

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/sep/29/508.html

1 Like

Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by mekuslogan: 12:59am On Oct 01, 2012
Fasola also dumped non- Ogun-and Oyo indigenes in Ogun and Oyo States

.Tales of 'deportations'

The current controversy between Lagos and Anambra state governments over the dumping of some persons removed from the streets of Lagos in Onitsha may be coming as a rude shock to the latter, but this will not surprise government officials in Ogun, Oyo, Kaduna and Kano, as they had equally been made to swallow a similar bitter pills in the past.

Records show that the foundation for the deportation of unwanted non-indigenes from Lagos was laid in 2003 when the state began an aggressive policy of ridding the streets of persons tagged as beggars, destitute persons, insane and the like, as a means of enhancing the aesthetics of the environment and security. Ogun and Oyo states were the first to have a taste of this policy then. Since then, it has become an annual ritual for the Lagos State government to send persons labelled under any of these categories to the next designated state within the country. Besides, the number of deportees keeps increasing year in, year out. The figure, however, hit an alarming rate in 2009 when the state government deported about 160 persons tagged destitute persons from the northern part of the country.

They were dumped on the outskirts of the Kaduna metropolis. Like in the previous attempts, the northern deportees were secretly dumped at around 7pm at Abuja Junction, along the Kaduna-Abuja expressway, close to the Federal Cooperative College, Kaduna. The group included men, women and children, mostly crippled, deaf, blind, lepers and others with serious disabilities. The Kaduna State Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development then, Dr. Maryamu Laka Madami, had disclosed that the state government was making arrangements to transport them to Kano and other northern states they were originally from. The Kaduna State government only mulled an action against the Lagos State government but that appeared to be the end of the controversy then. In 2010, it was again the turn of Ogun State to receive another batch of deportees from Lagos. Officials of the Ogun State government had protested then that it was embarrassing and unfortunate that Lagos State government officials took about 70 destitute persons from the streets of Lagos and dumped them in Abeokuta on May 11 of the same year without finding out their states of origin.

The destitute persons were said to have been taken in six buses, around 2.30am and were dumped at Ita Oshin end of Abeokuta North Local Government Area. The chairman of the local government, Alhaji Abeeb Ajayi, who received them, had expressed sadness at the development. Some of the destitute persons were said to have been picked up from the streets, kept in the rehabilitation camp in Majidun, Lagos, for some months before they were transferred to the Ogun State capital. While most of them admitted that they were from Ogun State, a sizable number of them claimed they were from Ondo, Bayelsa and Rivers states.

A livid Ogun State Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development then, Mrs. Tomi Soboyejo, was reported to have said: "It is unacceptable for Lagos to continue to dump destitute persons here; it is unfortunate. This is the third time this type of incident will happen; the second time they brought over 100 destitute persons. "The first time, they brought 40 of them and dumped them on the premises of the State High Court, Isabo. How do you justify this? Ogun State is the only neighbour of Lagos; the other is just the Atlantic Ocean.

If they have not dumped these people here, they might have dumped them in the Atlantic Ocean." Records also show that in 2011 alone, over 3,105 beggars and lunatics were deported to their states of origin by the Lagos State government with Oyo State government having the largest share of the figure. This was said to have angered the then government of Oyo State, Adebayo Alao-Akala, but the protestation also fizzled out like those in the past.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/sep/29/508.html
Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by hardywaltz(m): 1:29am On Oct 01, 2012
Nairaland is such a funny place, i knew the other thread wasn't the last i was going to hear of this deportation business. Where are the tribal warlords from the west and Fashola apologist to continue from where they stopped??!!
Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by Onlytruth(m): 1:56am On Oct 01, 2012
hardywaltz: Nairaland is such a funny place, i knew the other thread wasn't the last i was going to hear of this deportation business. Where are the tribal warlords from the west and Fashola apologist to continue from where they stopped??!!

I bet you they would not touch this thread with the longest digital pole known to cyberspace.
Funny chaps.
Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by jmaine: 2:27am On Oct 01, 2012
OP, give this "Fashola Deportation" topic a rest now . .E be like say dem bin follow deport you join cheesy! . . .Cos your zest on this topic is shocking and unbelievable
Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by mekuslogan: 2:33am On Oct 01, 2012
jmaine: OP, give this "Fashola Deportation" topic a rest now . .E be like say dem bin follow deport you join cheesy! . . .Cos your zest on this topic is shocking and unbelievable

Don't be a jackass. Deportee with access to the internet? Hahahahaha!!!
But seriously, Fasola does not deserve a break. It is unheard of that people are deported in their own country and the earlier he is called to order, the better for the nation. Soon everyone will be deporting non-indigenes. Yorubas should not think they are in any way immune. There are Yorubas in the East, SS and North. Besides, bad as the deportation thing is, what is the rationale behind deporting someone to a state other than their own?
Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by Nobody: 2:50am On Oct 01, 2012
mekuslogan:

Don't be a jackass. Deportee with access to the internet? Hahahahaha!!!
But seriously, Fasola does not deserve a break. It is unheard of that people are deported in their own country and the earlier he is called to order, the better for the nation. Soon everyone will be deporting non-indigenes. Yorubas should not think they are in any way immune. There are Yorubas in the East, SS and North. Besides, bad as the deportation thing is, what is the rationale behind deporting someone to a state other than their own?

Save your aggression for Orji Kalu who fired non-Abian workers from public service.

Were you this passionate then?

My dear, you have a complex issue when it comes to Yoruba. Unless you were also deported, that would explain your zealous posts on this topic.

1 Like

Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by mekuslogan: 2:59am On Oct 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Save your aggression for Orji Kalu who fired non-Abian workers from public service.

My dear, you have a complex issue when it comes to Yoruba. Unless you were also deported, that would explain your zealous posts on this topic.

Hey you can fire anybody from service, for any number of reasons. Firing people is a world wide affair. But you cannot deport people from their places of residence in their own country and then you do it so sloppily by deporting them to states other than theirs. Don't be an iddiioott.

The worst of all, he has deported his fellow Lagosian. The man dey craze? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by Nobody: 3:00am On Oct 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Seriously, we shouldn't be too hard on these migrant workers from the east, agriculture is labor intensive and we need them as long as they are properly documented.

1 Like

Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by Nobody: 3:02am On Oct 01, 2012
mekuslogan:

Hey you can fire anybody from service, for any number of reasons. Firing people is a world wide affair. But you cannot deport people from their places of residence in their own country and then you do it so sloppily by deporting them to states other than theirs. Don't be an iddiioott.

Yet when Yorubas were being deported from Lagos, you glorified Fashola.

Don't be an iddiot, my dear. But if you must be, don't be a hypocritical one.

Something tells me that you're angry because you think Fashola wants to deport non-Yorubas. tsk tsk.

2 Likes

Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by mekuslogan: 3:03am On Oct 01, 2012
Aigbofa:

Seriously, we shouldn't be too hard on these migrant workers from the east, agriculture is labor intensive and we need them as long as they are properly documented.

What are you going to do about the Lagos man deported to Onitsha? Has he been sacrificed by the Yorubas to please Ogun, Sango or Ifa?

1 Like

Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by Nobody: 3:05am On Oct 01, 2012
mekuslogan:

What are you going to do about the Lagos man deported to Onitsha? Has he been sacrificed by the Yorubas to please Ogun, Sango or Ifa?

As soon as his identity is verified, that he wasn't an okoro trying to pass as a Lagosian, he can come back.

2 Likes

Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by Nobody: 3:05am On Oct 01, 2012
Aigbofa:

small small, Ekiti will start deporting them too.

They don't know what they have until they lose it. While SW Nigeria is till peaceful and tolerant, Igbos call them coward. When they start showing red-face, more mekuslogans will come to whine on NL.

SW is not as aggressive as the North, just chill and stop fretting.

1 Like

Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by mekuslogan: 3:05am On Oct 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Yet when Yorubas were being deported from Lagos, you glorified Fashola.

Don't be an iddiot, my dear. But if you must be, don't be a hypocritical one.

Something tells me that you're angry because you think Fashola wants to deport non-Yorubas. tsk tsk.

If the law allows him, Fasola can deport whoever he wants. But he must do it not sloppily, like deporting a Lagos man to Onitsha. shocked shocked shocked
Hey! Yorubas elsewhere in Nigeria should be gearing up too to be deported. It is a good sign of the end of Nigeria.
Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by Nobody: 3:06am On Oct 01, 2012
Party over. Continue to whine, Igbore boy.

1 Like

Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by mekuslogan: 3:06am On Oct 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

small small, Ekiti will start deporting them too.

Are you also going to do it like Fasola, deporting an Ekiti man to Zamfara?

1 Like

Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by sheyguy: 3:14am On Oct 01, 2012
Anybody can call himself Adeniyi Jones or whatever . . . Lagos is easy to claim because of the ease of learning Yoruba Language and ultimately blending in. . . What do you expect easterners who can't trace their family or even town to resort to? They simply claim Lagos! . . . Or those who falsely claimed Ogun and Oyo but can't bare the pain and shame any longer . . . Ehn?

1 Like

Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by mekuslogan: 3:42am On Oct 01, 2012
sheyguy: Anybody can call himself Adeniyi Jones or whatever . . . Lagos is easy to claim because of the ease of learning Yoruba Language and ultimately blending in. . . What do you expect easterners who can't trace their family or even town to resort to? They simply claim Lagos! . . . Or those who falsely claimed Ogun and Oyo but can't bare the pain and shame any longer . . . Ehn?

So you are willing to let your brother wrongly deported to die in Onitsha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by dayokanu(m): 3:59am On Oct 01, 2012
mekuslogan:

So you are willing to let your brother wrongly deported to die in Onitsha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Honestly I am worried cos If that guy is Yoruba really. I wont want those Igbo cannibals to have him for supper.

Can you pls help us talk to your brothers to "stay action" on his peppersouping?
Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by cjrane: 4:01am On Oct 01, 2012
I think other states should catch anyone they suspect of being poor and depot those to Lagos.That will make it 1;1.Now it is Fashola 1: other states 0

1 Like

Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by dayokanu(m): 4:05am On Oct 01, 2012
cjrane: I think other states should catch anyone they suspect of being poor and depot those to Lagos.That will make it 1;1.Now it is Fashola 1: other states 0

I am certain Other states have more indigenes in Lagos than Lagos have in their states
Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by Yeske2(m): 4:22am On Oct 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

It is Theodore Orji please and i'm waiting for what you'll tell Fashola about his kin he deported to Onitsha.
Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by koruji(m): 4:34am On Oct 01, 2012
Deportation certainly looks bad, but it is not being done in bad faith.

For reasonable people, not those whose SOLE REASON TO EXIST is to pull anything Yoruba down, it is possible that many of those deported to the wrong states could have claimed those states in the believe that they would not be sent there.

What I would advise Gov. Fashola to do is re-visit this policy, not to remove deportation, but to reduce the need for it. The government should put those who cannot point to their residence in Lagos, and are roaming its streets, to work in a large farming settlement as the defaul option. Mere rehabilitation is likely to encourage even more people to join them on the streets of Lagos. Putting them to work will let people know there is no free lunch. The second option would then be help in returning to state of origin. That way, there will be documentation of a thorough process for every case.

Again for those who are here to reason, homelessness is a serious problem everywhere in the world. And in many so-called advanced countries this same dumping approach has sometimes being used to try to solve the problem, to every concerned citizens chagrin.

What Lagos, a city struggling with innumerable problems and a governor that is performing wonders despite of all odds, need is understanding.

Let the freeloaders and ethnic warriors who leave their own deteriorating regions to come and make noise in Lagos go and hang.
Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 5:05am On Oct 01, 2012
Ordinarily when you see this report it has a touch of fact but when examined cloaely you soon see the dynamics and the length iyanmiris have gone to concoct a falsehood propaganda.

First take a look at the story heading...

How we were arrested and deported to Onitsha -VictimsSaturday, September 29, 2012How we were arrested -Victims advertisement   From EMMA UZOR, Onitsha

Who is EMMA UZOR ?

Go on google and search and read up on him. Emma Uzor is a ibo sympathiser and his story is a fake. The Adeniyi person is a fake. How can Adeniyi ride from Lagos to Onitsha and not bring his issue of misidentity to the attention of the driver?

1 Like

Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:08am On Oct 01, 2012
Fashola misplaced priority. Such a shame the man still needs to grow up on the issue of diversity in Lagos. Clearly not ready to lead a diverse nation as Nigeria.

Lagosians are suppose to be the most diverse and accommodating people in Nigeria. The most civilized and exposed. Such a shame.

1 Like

Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by mekuslogan: 5:10am On Oct 01, 2012
Koruji:
We are talking about the deportation of a Lagosian to Onitsha. Can you comment on that? Is this Lagosian a freeloader too, in his own home state? Pray, tell, does Lagos feed anyone in Lagos?

How about the deportation of Yoruba indigenes from Lagos? Are they also free loaders?

Can you define who the freeloaders are and with what they are loaded freely in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by mekuslogan: 5:12am On Oct 01, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Ordinarily when you see this report it has a touch of fact but when examined cloaely you soon see the dynamics and the length iyanmiris have gone to concoct a falsehood propaganda.

First take a look at the story heading...

Who is EMMA UZOR ?

Go on google and search and read up on him. Emma Uzor is a ibo sympathiser and his story is a fake. The Adeniyi person is a fake. How can Adeniyi ride from Lagos to Onitsha and not bring his issue of misidentity to the attention of the driver?

Will the driver believe him just like you have believed him now? You are so shameless. See what LASTMA is doing in Lagos. Do they give anyone arrested/caught any room for explanation?
Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by mekuslogan: 5:15am On Oct 01, 2012
Hey Dudu Monkey,

Am waiting for your response here. Please address the challenge I posed you here https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=1062486.

Also,

You lied about Arthur Nzeribe and failed to supply he link. You are so, so shameless. You deserve an award for lies.
Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 5:16am On Oct 01, 2012
mekuslogan:

Will the driver believe him just like you have believed him now? You are so shameless. See what LASTMA is doing in Lagos. Do they give anyone arrested/caught any room for explanation?

Look, thats beside the point....let states take care of their people and if thy cant let FG step in and do it. Lagos state did not violate any law.
Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 5:19am On Oct 01, 2012
mekuslogan:

Hey Dudu Monkey,

Am waiting for your response here. Please address the challenge I posed you here https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=1062486.

Also,

You lied about Arthur Nzeribe and failed to supply he link. You are so, so shameless. You deserve an award for lies.

If yiu cant keep up a decent convo i will ignore you....so if you need my response you beter stay up your game and dont fall victim to your emotions.

Go and red up on Nzeribe. The crook came back and won elwction as your senator
Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by remarkD(m): 5:29am On Oct 01, 2012
Each time i've seen this Abia issue raised by Yorubas in defence of Fashola's act, its been (clearly) incorrectly applied. Its okay if you dont know twart about another ethnic group, but displaying such ignorance and trying to use it as a shield is ... someone else can fill in the rest cause i tire for this kind thing.

Ileke-IdI:

My dear, you have a complex issue when it comes to Yoruba. Unless you were also deported, that would explain your zealous posts on this Each time i've seen this Abia issue raised by Yorubas in defence of Fashola's act, its been (clearly) incorrectly applied, misused or false. Its okay if you dont know twart about another ethnic group, but displaying such ignorance and trying to use it as a shield is ... someone else can fill in the rest cause i tire for this kind thing.
its like desperation and tribalism eats up ones morals and ethics without their knowing. maye even their intelligence.
(I must say though, i believe you just made a mistake). Orji Kalu didnt do nadda like that.
topic.
Re: Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 01, 2012
hardywaltz: Nairaland is such a funny place, i knew the other thread wasn't the last i was going to hear of this deportation business. Where are the tribal warlords from the west and Fashola apologist to continue from where they stopped??!!

Save your bitterness for another day when fashola will decend on Alaba and flush out those thievish ibos who have nothing meaningful to contribute to Lagos other than armed robbery.I wonder why ya'll are complaining abi will you still be bitching about Lagos if you had won yourself biafra republic in 1967 ?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Richest Countries In Africa According To Their GDP / Buhari's Absensce At London Town Hall Meeting Strikes Controversies [PHOTOS] / Photos: Madonna University Builds Longest/largest Exams Hall In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.