Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,126 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab (9999 Views)

Unilag Gate Shut Down By Students Over Infestation Of Bedbugs.*pics / Not So SHOCKING: Benue Public Primary Schools Shut For 8 Months / Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by goggs(m): 1:15pm On Nov 18, 2011
eprincipal:

The point is these moslems who are just protesting now knew what the uniform for the school was before they enrolled their children in the school. This is what I always find baffling in these religious conflicts. As a parent, before I enrol my child in a school, I want to find out what is allowed and what is not allowed in such schools. And I know some moslem parents do this ditto for some Christiano parents. It is only lazy, mischievous and troublesome parents who do not. Such are usually the first to ask to be allowed to do some things that are not in the initial agreement.
As for those who said students in the UK are allowed to wear anything, it did not come by violence. There were court cases and not all requests were granted. Some were allowed while some were denied.
Finally, it is because moslems are prone to violence that they always make issues out of anything. Were they to be a Christians, I bet they will simply move their children to other schools. It is simply because the Bible and our pastors teach us not to be violent.  The Christian will rather suffer a denial of his right than take up arms or employ violence to solve it.
Finally, issues like this point to why moslems should be more interested in establishing schools of their own. Someone said teh school in question is a public school. Yes I agree but originally it was a Christian school forcefully taken over by the government without any compensation to the original owners - the Methodist Church. If anyone should be fighting today, it is the Christians whose school was taken over so that moslems who did not establish any school of their own can have a place to send their children. But Christians will never fight because a Christian who employs violence to gain what he believes is his right has forfeited the right to heaven - That is the Bible not my opinion!

PS: The Principal of the school called in the Police when the students turned up in hijab. She did the right thing. She invited law enforcement officers!. Now the Principal acted in official capacity. What the Moslem Community in Iwo ought to do is take up the issue with the Government of the State or seek Judicial intervention. If the state government directs the Principal and other principals to allow students with hijab into the school, they will be allowed in. But if not, the principal who allows them into the school without government approval will be sanctioned.

Well said, well said!
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 18, 2011
Boko haram is gradually coming to Osun State, please all these muslim extremist/clerics/hypocrites establish your own school and stop instigating your children/hoodlums to foment trouble in a peaceful state
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by emmatok(m): 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2011
And why are the Muslims protesting it is a public school and not an Islamic school.

Will the-same girl wear Hi jab, in the Police, Army or Navy.

She should wear the normal school Uniform or attend Islamic school.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by haqi: 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2011
why all these brainwashed christians yet have no sense??, Is hijab not part of cloth to be wear as uniform? We have already many christians who wore crosses on their necks to the public schools but church brainwashing christian teachers have say nothing about that , Why should a teacher beaten a female student to nealy death if not that the evil christian teachers has been possessed by the evil of holy ghost, This is plainly a violation of fundamental human right, Where in the constitution that banned one not to practice his or her faith everywhere he goes? If religion is not allowed in school why should we have to pray in class every morning and clossing hour??, I think that should be banned too,

This is called a pure hypocrasy, With hate and church brainwashing of the christians filths together,
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by dammytosh: 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2011
haqi:

why all these brainwashed christians yet have no sense??, Is hijab not part of cloth to be wear as uniform? We have already many christians who wore crosses on their necks to the public schools but church brainwashing christian teachers have say nothing about that , Why should a teacher beaten a female student to nealy death if not that the evil christian teachers has been possessed by the evil of holy ghost, This is plainly a violation of fundamental human right, Where in the constitution that banned one not to practice his or her faith everywhere he goes? If religion is not allowed in school why should we have to pray in class every morning and clossing hour??, I think that should be banned too,

This is called a pure hypocrasy, With hate and church brainwashing of the christians filths together,

YOUR GRAMMER, REASONING AND CONSTRUCTION OF TENSES SHOWS THAT YOU ARE A PRODUCT OF A FAILED SYSTEM AND UNION CALLED NIGERIA. I WISH I CAN HOLD BACK ON THE THRASH YOU POSTED HERE BUT UNFORTUNATELY I CAN'T.

WHEN U SAY EVIL OF HOLY GHOST, WHAT EXACTLY IS YOUR POINT ? YOUR POST IS THE MOST RETARTDED POST I HAVE READ ON NAIRA LAND IN RECENT TIMES.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by haqi: 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2011
Very shocking !

why all these brainwashed christians yet have no sense??, Is hijab not part of cloth to be wear as uniform? We have already many christians who wore crosses on their necks to the public schools but church brainwashing christian teachers have said nothing about that ,

Why should a teacher beaten a female student to nealy death if not that the evil christian teachers has been possessed by the evil of holy ghost, This is plainly a violation of fundamental human right, Where in the constitution that banned one not to practice his or her faith everywhere he goes? If religion is not allowed in school why should we have to pray in class every morning and clossing hour??, I think that should be banned too,

Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by icez: 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2011
They r never happy, when there is peace.

Islam is always violent.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by haqi: 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2011
The evil christian teacher has been possessed by the evil spirit of holy ghost, She was a christian fanatic that hate islam for the evil pagan cult of christianity, Bigot.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by haqi: 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2011
i think is time also to ban morning prayer and closing prayer in all public school since it represent religion.

Is time here in the west the govt to change all old public schools that bear christianity names,
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Adekay2011: 3:38pm On Nov 18, 2011
why are you guys disturbing your self about the Muslims
can a leopard change its spot?
the Bible is so complete that it said something about them
ether they like it or not that is who they all are
except for few chosen Librated one among them
by Christ Him self read the book of Genesis 16:11-12

11: And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold,
thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call
his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.

12: And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every
man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell
in the presence of all his brethren.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by whyx06(m): 3:43pm On Nov 18, 2011
I didn't no the problem of this crisis, cos I think putting on Ijaab is part of moral dressing and can't course any1 bad effect rather it'll lead to proper dressing by Nigeria leaders of tomorrow ,
Islam .'you are the right religion.
I believe you're trying to teach us propal dressing and it'll also has positive effect .
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by LagosShia: 3:43pm On Nov 18, 2011
This is the peak of dishonesty and media biase.

Why didn't the headline read :
'schools shut down over missionary harrassment of muslim students'

the problem here is not muslims imposing the hijab on christian students.it is the other way round.why dont the stupid people commenting see that.muslim students are persecuted in public schools and prevented from wearing hijab by missionary teachers.

The yorubas who have been more muslim than christian have tolerated much nonsense and humiliation from the christian missionaries and their run schools.on ash wednesday they rub their ash on all students and impose their religion.

Now can you imagine a teacher calling the police to arrest a student for wearing hijab to school? Can you imagine a teacher flogging your daughter for wearing hijab?this is happening in Nigeria and in a yoruba state.

People everywhere say yoruba muslims are peaceful and tolerant.now look at how the intolerant and zealot christians are rewarding yoruba muslims in their missionary schools for their peace and tolerance.

The yoruba muslims should take lesson from what the Holy Quran says:
'the jews and christians would never be pleased with you (muslims) until you follow their way'.a word is enough for the wise.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Kinikini: 3:53pm On Nov 18, 2011
Most of us are being sentimental on this isssue because it bothers on religion. In UK where i stay presently, you can wear whatever you like on your school uniform. Nobody cares since it will not contribute to what you learn. Even at work places, you can where whatever you like.

Why are we so much disturbed if somebody wears hijab to school? Will that disturb what the teacher intends to teach or will that aid the student's understanding of the lecture eing delivered by the teacher?

NIGERIANS, WAKE UP!!!

This post makes a lot of Sense.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Aseye(m): 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2011
what we should all know is dt no matter how we flog this issue, they are that way, brought up and fed dt way, served in katsina state and have a little of their background, we can only pray they see d light, else nothing in this world will change anybody, more reason we still continue to see people on this thread say things dt u will angered and wonder what spirit that is coming from, let he that has ears hear, its closer than ever, very very close, all of this are signs,
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by haqi: 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2011
haqi:

i think is time also to ban morning and closing prayer in all public school since it represent religion.

Is time here in the west the govt to change all old public schools that bear christianity names.

If christians have lost their modesty and moral way of life to the advent of wordly materials and pagan faith of Roman unclothedness in their churches and society then whose fault it is?,

Islam is a religion of peace and way of life, to clean and save the world from the calumny of christianity pagan inpure.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by gidiMonsta(m): 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2011
The point is these moslems who are just protesting now knew what the uniform for the school was before they enrolled their children in the school. This is what I always find baffling in these religious conflicts. As a parent, before I enrol my child in a school, I want to find out what is allowed and what is not allowed in such schools. And I know some moslem parents do this ditto for some Christiano parents. It is only lazy, mischievous and troublesome parents who do not. Such are usually the first to ask to be allowed to do some things that are not in the initial agreement.
As for those who said students in the UK are allowed to wear anything, it did not come by violence. There were court cases and not all requests were granted. Some were allowed while some were denied.
Finally, it is because moslems are prone to violence that they always make issues out of anything. Were they to be a Christians, I bet they will simply move their children to other schools. It is simply because the Bible and our pastors teach us not to be violent.  The Christian will rather suffer a denial of his right than take up arms or employ violence to solve it.
Finally, issues like this point to why moslems should be more interested in establishing schools of their own. Someone said teh school in question is a public school. Yes I agree but originally it was a Christian school forcefully taken over by the government without any compensation to the original owners - the Methodist Church. If anyone should be fighting today, it is the Christians whose school was taken over so that moslems who did not establish any school of their own can have a place to send their children. But Christians will never fight because a Christian who employs violence to gain what he believes is his right has forfeited the right to heaven - That is the Bible not my opinion!

PS: The Principal of the school called in the Police when the students turned up in hijab. She did the right thing. She invited law enforcement officers!. Now the Principal acted in official capacity. What the Moslem Community in Iwo ought to do is take up the issue with the Government of the State or seek Judicial intervention. If the state government directs the Principal and other principals to allow students with hijab into the school, they will be allowed in. But if not, the principal who allows them into the school without government approval will be sanctioned.

I sincerely hate arguing over religion but sometimes i am forced to speak when myopic bigots like you continue to spew trash on social media like this.
So, in ur own church mind it is alright for police to arrest a minor over an ordinary head gear? Talk about the peacefulness of xtianity.

You accuse muslims of hate when ur bible is full of hateful and vengeful words for all non-israelites, you jump at every opportunity to harass muslims and claim to be the victims, smh for u and ur cohorts.

Islam teaches us to be patient, peaceful and just but not to be fools; I dont know where in ur bible it says u shouldn't fight for ur rights but ours teaches us to always stand for whats right, not oppress the weak and down trodden and always forbid the wrongdoings in our society even if it is committed by muslims.

NB: No law in Nigeria forbids the use of the hijab in schools much less a goverment school.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 18, 2011
@icez,she is not lying, i live in uk, and muslim students wear hijab to school without hindrance,or are these people not the ones that brought Bible to you?
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2011
And Islam dnt and will never support oppression,but if you low thinkers takes fighting oppression to be violence,then who starts the violence?The teacher,police etc involved and the students muslim union have evry right to stand against it.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2011
@Aseye, its hightime you told that to your fellow christians that lack tolerance,they really needs to see the light cos muslims are in the light already.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2011
@Adekay2011,very foolish reasonning you just put up there,the bible is so complete right?why not use your medicated glasses to find Mark11,verse 26.People just perish for lack of knowledge.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Aseye(m): 4:58pm On Nov 18, 2011
uplawal:

@Aseye, its hightime you told that to your fellow christians that lack tolerance,they really needs to see the light cos muslims are in the light already.

no troubles, ma post wasnt meant for muslims because i know some xtians too are yet to come to the light, lik i said let he dt has ears, let him chck the signs and fear for eternity.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2011
@eprincipal, Its so funny you christians are acting so contrary to what your kind of Jesus said and did in the bible,Your bible never depicts him as a gentle person but very violent and would stand against all odds,but you people just act contrary,incase you might have never had that time to read your bible well,i would be ready to help you with some facts about your Jesus,Hes so different from the cowardness you people show about,Luke 19,27, Luke 11,39-52, Mark11,13-14, John 2, 15,This is the true nature of your Jesus and not what your Paul says aftermath,whom never saw Jesu for once,except to lie about his conversion at damascus.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by emmatok(m): 5:43pm On Nov 18, 2011
LOL,

These Islamist are still ranting about this issue.

Well you should have bombed the school (just like your folks in the North) to prove your point.

Imagine Muslim adults invading school filled with kid because of Hijab.

Vary soon C&S, Cele people will be protesting too.

Yeye poeple.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by gidiMonsta(m): 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2011
LOL,

These Islamist are still ranting about this issue.

Well you should have bombed the school (just like your folks in the North) to prove your point.

Imagine Muslim adults invading school filled with kid because of Hijab.

Vary soon C&S, Cele people will be protesting too.

Yeye poeple.

Ur yeye laughter and refusal to fight for ur rights is d reason ur govt keeps taking for a ride, call us terrorists, islamists or whatever name the media has put in ur empty head all I know is I stand for something and dats JUSTICE and we'll continue to fight oppression by blockheads like u.

My brothers in IWO thank you for standing up to injustice with a PEACEFUL PROTEST, may Allah reward you for ur strives.

terrorism, prejudice, hypocrisy cannot stop d march of ISLAM
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Roland17(m): 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2011
The major problem i see around Nigeria is poor communication, planning and conflict management skill. Christians are beginning to irk me with this sanctimonious attitude that is becoming conformist.

Why should a principal order the arrest of a female students because she is practicing her religion? for heavens sake the said school is not a christian missionary schools by registration, its a public school for all Nigerians, irrespective of religion affiliations!!! and it beats my imagination that the police force is sooooo weak, gullible and un-informed to carry out such arrest.

My question is were there no other means of conveying the information to the girl other than arrest? if Hijab is not part of the dress code.

I AM A CHRISTIAN,  I SURE KNOW HOW TO DECIPHER WRONG FROM RIGHT,

Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by emmatok(m): 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2011
gidiMonsta:

your yeye laughter and refusal to fight for your rights is d reason your govt keeps taking for a ride, call us terrorists, islamists or whatever name the media has put in your empty head all I know is I stand for something and dats JUSTICE and we'll continue to fight oppression by blockheads like u.

My brothers in IWO thank you for standing up to injustice with a PEACEFUL PROTEST, may Allah reward you for your strives.

terrorism, prejudice, hypocrisy cannot stop d march of ISLAM

LOL, You people got no shame at all.

Congratulating your Muslim brothers for shutting down schools filled with innocent kids.

Why don't you invade the Police Station that arrested the girl bunch of cowards.

MUMU, calling shutting down schools PEACEFUL PROTEST.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by icez: 7:00pm On Nov 18, 2011
Islam is violent.

Always looking for a blood bath.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by kinguwem: 7:02pm On Nov 18, 2011
All schools have dress codes. Either you abide by the rules or you go to another school. I think the muslims have interpreted the issue wrongly. They can build more islamic schools for their members to dress the way they want.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by blank(f): 7:07pm On Nov 18, 2011
That is why schools like Covenant do not want muslim students. Once u allow them in, they want to enforce their religion on everyone else.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by gidiMonsta(m): 7:24pm On Nov 18, 2011
LOL, You people got no shame at all.

Congratulating your Muslim brothers for shutting down schools filled with innocent kids.

Why don't you invade the Police Station that arrested the girl bunch of cowards.

MUMU, calling shutting down schools PEACEFUL PROTEST.

ODE na dem shut down schools abi govt?

I'm congratulating them for standing up and making a difference in a peaceful manner unlike urself sitting on ur hands while the govt poops all over u.

NB: the protest was directed at the police
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by superstar1(m): 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2011
@gidimonsta

See things beyond religion bros. I'm a native of the same iwo you are talking about, so we are on the same page. Kindly answer the following questions objectively:

1. What is the dress code by ministry of education for students in public schools.

2. Must a student force her will or of you want to call it tenets of her religion on the school.

3. Dissuade your mind from Christian and Muslim dichotomy, how will it be, if an if a worshipping child says it is part of her religion to be wearing pal fronds to school or cowries on her head and both of u, I mean Christians and Moslems must respect her right too OR a sango worshipping child insist that ok Christians are praying on Monday, while Moslems pray on Fridays, he too must pray on Wednesday on the assembly.

In as much as we keep seeing christianity and Islam n this case, we will not see beyond our nose. Just imagine all those children of those traditional religions demanding their rights of wearing what is not stated in the dress code as stipulated by min of education to school, how it will be. The same right that the girl has to bewearinghijab to school iisthe same right the traditional religion worshipping child has to do and undo, because her father and mother are tax payers too and his or her right must be respected too.

I repeat my advice to all of us, take your to where your religion tenets n dres code is being adhered without ant hindrance . A pressure group should also be formed to make govt include hijab,scarf,sutana, pal fronds, cowries etc as part of dress code to school. Inas mush as the change as not be done, the min of education policy on dress code as at today still stand. That is my humble submission. If you have any superior and objective argument, I will be more than glad to have your view.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by superstar1(m): 8:12pm On Nov 18, 2011
Sincerely CAN should just order all Christian children and wards to start wearing rosary, sutana cap, scarf, carry anointing oil, sanctified water, holy communion to schools too, thatz on a lighter mood

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Whi / University Of Ibadan, Post Graduate Admission Forms / Project Topics And Materials In International Relations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.