Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab (10000 Views)

Unilag Gate Shut Down By Students Over Infestation Of Bedbugs.*pics / Not So SHOCKING: Benue Public Primary Schools Shut For 8 Months / Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by aloyemeka4: 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2011
LagosShia:

firstly osun state is a majority muslim state.
Lies, Iwo is not equivalent to Osun state. Islamic presence in Osun is limited to a max of of 3% and majority of them are nominal and hypocritical at best. By that I mean that if the breeze blows hard, they will deny Muhammad in a jiffy.

LagosShia:

secondly hijab does not obstruct or contradict uniform.it is a moral dress code that compliments any uniform for girls .
Are you really trying to argue this?. If every girl in the school is allowed to put something on their head based on traditional, ethnic or religious belief, then our schools will be flooded with color riot. Their school clothes is called "uniform" for a reason.

LagosShia:

thirdly,you should not be complaining about "islamization of osun schools".the title of the thread (i.e. the topic) is deceiving.the problem here is not hijab but christian persecution of muslim students.you should be complaining about christianization of schools in osun and missionary activities there.

You are joking right?. Can you list at least 10 schools or hospitals built by Islamic missionaries in Southwestern Nigeria[not only Osun state o]?. So our Christian brethren from afar built schools and hospitals only for muslims to come and lay claim to them?. Okay, I forgot that western education is a sin according to the book of Boko Haram 5 vs 3.

LagosShia:

fourthly,you have in osun a christian missionary teacher flogging a muslim student over hijab while another teacher reported a muslim student to the police for the same hijab.this is religious persecution against muslims.the government should brought both the teachers and the police officer to the law.
Did y'all complain to the govt before mugging the teacher?. I wish olufunke who was murdered in Gombe for desecrating a quran before her students got a chance to be reprimanded by the govt, rather her head was chopped off simply to send a message to other christians that the blood of Dan Fodio[The first vampire missionary to invade Nigeria] is still flowing in their veins.

LagosShia:

fifthly,these schools are government schools.they are for all nigerians be they muslims or christians.and freedom of religion is guarateed.
Isn't that why I suggested that muslims should limit their religious practices to their mosques ajnd homes.

LagosShia:

sixthly,people keep saying how yoruba muslims are tolerant and peaceful.yet we have christian extremists reward their peaceful nature with hate and provocation.
Are you suggesting that Yoruba Christians are intolerant and violent?. Are you kidding me?. Yoruba muslims came into play when compared to the firebrand Northern shia muslims.

LagosShia:

seventhly,must you be always feel threatened at the sight of muslims even peaceful ones practicing their faith?recently it was islamic banking that brought out christian fanaticism,now it is hijab in a majority muslim yoruba state.it shows that you do not tolerate anything islamic.it is time the yoruba muslims realize what the Quran says in one context:"the jews and the christians would never be pleased with you (muslims) until you follow their way".the fanatical christians in nigeria are showing exactly that.they display ignorance about islam and they are very intolerant and brainwashed and hateful too.
To be HONEST, Christians don't give a rats behind about Islam. Unlike Islam that recognized Christianity, Christianity does not RECOGNIZE ISLAM or Muhammad. There is no place in the bible where Muhammad is mentioned. Christians actually believe that Muhammad may be a demon possessed paedophile who succeeded in brainwashing millions of followers around the world. So, it means that over 90% of Nigerian Christians have neither opened a quran nor read one. Why then should they have complex issues about something they don't CARE if it exists?. Their only problem is using their funds to implement Islamic agenda. The muslims can floatt a bank for all I care but let the CBN/Nigerian govt desist from using general funds to foster an Islamic agenda.
You muslims all over don't get it why?. Why is it difficult for you guys that some people likes their privacy and will not appreciate being disturbed by another religion?. Did you see Oyedepo or Fr Edeh seek for FG fund to build universities?. We don't care as long as they use their resources to do it but Muslims will like to attach their agenda to the govt and solicit for state help before they can finish a project. In other words, forcing the govt to use taxes that are contributed by non compliant Christians or maharajians or Oluma olumbans to foster Islamic agenda. KEEP YOUR DOGGONE RELIGION TO YOURSELF,BRO. IS THAT TOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?. YOU CAN WORSHIP A CELLPHONE IF YOU LIKE BUT KEEP IT TO YOURSELF AND NEITHER THROW THE CELLPHONE AT ME NOR MAKE ME PAY FOR IT. GETTIT NOW?

LagosShia:

eigthly,no one here is forcing christian students to wear hijab.so why deprive muslims from practicing their faith?who is violating whose right here?
When the schools are allowed to wear those, it scuttles their uniform code. Will they take it off when they want to do physical education?.
Same thing you guys tried in France and its now banned and even Tunisia which is a muslim country banned hijab. So why in the world should Osun state adopt that nonsense?. Are we in the 18th century?
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2011
@Aloyemeka,you might not send Islam cos you have strong hatred for Jesus(pbuh),while the muslims are trying hard to make you love him atleast, thats why we muslims care about your christianity so as to disgrace you and show you what you conceal,the same hatred was exhibited in the gospel claiming Jesus died on the cross/tree and subjecting the poor man to God and men curses,and we are trying as muslims to give you facts that Jesus(pbuh)was not turtured,let alone,crucified and died,yet you clung to the fables of Old gven to you,and tagged him accursed,based on Deautoronomy 21:22-23,So now tell me,who love Jesus between Muslims and christians?Am sure you need not think twice the reason why we gave so much respect to Jesus(pbuh) cos he did Islam and left Islam for his disciples(john 14:27) not christianity, its Allah that gives such (Islam/peace) to people and not the world as Jesus(pbuh) said,that which you people do now is paul's religion,it does not have anything to do with Jesus(pbuh). So dear,if you have issues with the Prophet Muhammad,go and deal with it where he is.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by omobadan(m): 4:00am On Nov 20, 2011
This is a non issue. Most of the people commenting here don't know anything about Nigeria. If you do, you won't be talking about "this is a Christian school blah, blah, blah". Most of the Christian schools have changed over many decades to become accessible to both Christians and Muslims alike. Just because a school is called Methodist or St Theresa's doesn't mean it's gates are closed to non Christians. If you don't know, the only thing Christian about these schools are their morning assembly, where they sing and pray in the Christian way. There many non Muslim students at Ansar U Deen school and they don't have any problem. I'm sure the reason why the girl's family were angry was because they weren't told before hand and their daughter was humiliated in school. Hijab has never been an issue. It only covers the hair. I'm not too sure why the school have decided against it but I'm sure we'll soon find out. Nigerians need to wake up and stop all these silliness!
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by darling71: 8:06am On Nov 20, 2011
Why on earth do muslims like violence?
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by aurenflani: 9:03am On Nov 20, 2011
darling 71- why do christian like violence, intolerance, bigotry and war?
remember WW1-2?
RWANDA?
ARGENTINA VS ENGLAND?
FORMER YOGOSLAVIA?
LIBERIA?
SIERRA LEONE&
1966 COUP&
1976 COUP?
ORKAR COUP?
LEBANON PALESTINIAN REFUGEE CAMP?
and the list go on and on!
DO U EVEN NO HOW D SAXONS WERE CONVERTED TO CHRISTIANITY?
DO U KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT D THIEVING MISSIONARIES AND THEIR VIOLENT GOVTS WHEN THEY CAME TO AFRICA?

YOU ARE NOTHING BUT ZOMBIE WHO DOESN'T THINK. HOW UNFURTUNATE!
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by darling71: 12:53am On Nov 21, 2011
U are more than a zombie. You smelly, wretched muslim ass. Whether u like it or not u muslims are terrorists. Islam my ass.
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by aurenflani: 9:03pm On Nov 21, 2011
well your masters in europe and america are busy reverting to Islam because of the lies: TERRORISTS that you call us is what is making them curious hence their inquisitiveness that led them into readings of Al-Qur'an and discovering the true words of Allah.
But you and ur narrow minded, superstitous and hypocratical primitive -horizons could not reach that heights.

I pity ur hellish asses. Just becarefu what you wish for!
Re: Schools Shut Down In Osun Over Hijab by Oduleke: 11:36pm On Nov 21, 2011
1)Where in d bible states 'pilgrimage'?
2)where in bible can 'christmas/easther' b found being mentioned?
3)where in d bible 'll u find it dt u shld go 2 church,dance,clap,sing e.t.c
4)frm which chpt/verse cn i read abt vigil/crusade/prayer mountain
5)was jesus a xtian?did he called himself/his desciples xtian?
6)where in d bible limits jst one wife?
7)did jesus cllected tithe frm his followers? DEN ON WAT BASIS DOES XTIANITY STANDS,NO CLUES,,NO REFERENCES nw 2 d topic,y is dt xtians do force ppl in2 their so-clld rligion?lemme gv u 'jst' 3 substantial exples
1)'LAM' ADESINA WAS FORCED 2 BEAR 'LAM' INSTEAD OF LAMIDI JST 2 AV A WSTERN EDU.
2)MY UNCLE WUM ATTNDD IBADAN GRAMMAR SCHOOL(WHICH I ALSO ATTENDD)SAID ALL MUSLIM STDNTS WOULD B PURNISHED IF THEY DOESN'T CM 2 SKUL ON ILEYA(MUSLIM FESTIVAL)DAY &i also exprnced some,den after d skul has been taken over by d gvnt,we do read d bble,songs of praise,sing xtian songs,MSSN(muslims' fellowshp)was nt allwd in d skul buh xtian do hold thiers in d skul,no cmplaints. Hold anything/most gathering in d skul chapel which is nt as large as d skul hall
3)(dis is vry cmon)my boss during my IT in ibadan often question me wenever i go 2 msque,&1 day e said 'se ma je ki o lo ma ki'run mo bai' he wntd 2 stp me frm practising my rligion
WU ARE D FANATICS? Pls n pls no curse,no offensive words.'jst quote me wrng' ISLAM MEANS PEACE
TRY&VISIT WWW.THEDEENSHOW.COM
PEACE! PEACE! PEACE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Whi / University Of Ibadan, Post Graduate Admission Forms / Project Topics And Materials In International Relations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.