Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance (29898 Views)

The Year Is Gradually Coming To An End. What Is Your Achievement? / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Afobaba33(m): 4:37am On Apr 16
It is to you that marriage is losing its relevance
I bless GOD for mine.

If you have GOD you will succeed in your marital life
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Afobaba33(m): 4:39am On Apr 16
I bless GOD for mine.

[color=#990000][/color]If you have GOD you will succeed in your marital life
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Afobaba33(m): 4:40am On Apr 16
I bless GOD for mine.

If you have GOD you will succeed in your marital life [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Akujuriobi: 4:59am On Apr 16
Marriage is still the best and legal way to go, getting babies through baba mama, getting sex by the corner or illegal ways is still the tickets to hell fire. Don't allow technology or modernization to deceive you pls. Marry your own and enjoy your marriage.marriage is still enjoyable.
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Kobojunkie: 5:01am On Apr 16
Akujuriobi:
Marriage is still the best and legal way to go, getting babies through baba mama, getting sex by the corner or illegal ways is still the tickets to hell fire. Don't allow technology or modernization to deceive you pls. Marry your own and enjoy your marriage.marriage is still enjoyable.
There is nothing of the sort since Marriage itself is of the world of men and not of the Kingdom of God - Genesis 3 vs 16 & Luke 20 vs 34- 36. Stop hiding your anxieties behind lies you spew using God's mention. Face reality as you should. undecided
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by joseph1832(m): 5:59am On Apr 16
Kobojunkie:
Abegi, make we hear word! Come here and see those very same Nigerians who complain to you raising their kids to equally disregard other people and parents. Their kids are the same kind of arseholes they claim they hate other kids for being. undecided
the enboldened says it all. If those kids had remain here, I'm telling you they won't be behaving the way they are behaving. The kids you see in Nigeria misbehaving, are doing so as a result of failed marriage and western influence. No Nigerian child, brought up in a proper Nigerian home will misbehave the way many of the kids today are misbehaving.
2. Stop telling lies! The fact that the kids that were raised over the past 60 years are the same ones running that corrupt country into the ground today speaks volumes. Na dem are the politicians of today and many of them didn't even grow up in homes with television or fathers able to afford foreign newspapers. Your kids are not raised any better than the foreign kids are. This lie that they need to die! undecided
Which lie am I telling. Are we talking about failed marriages and the corruption of Nigeria politicians? You're mixing it up. An adult is an adult, and thus, responsible for any action he takes.
3. Stop lying! undecided
which lie am I telling? You seem like someone who doesn't like reading the truth. You should change your ways, you know.
Kobojunkie:
The fact that marriage today is struggling means the measures and ideas implemented around marriage in the past have failed and new ideas are needed. undecided
which fact do you have that marriage is struggling? You're using the nonsense you read on social media to back up your claim? That's not very wise.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by EreluRoz: 6:34am On Apr 16
Acidosis:

My marriage is not losing relevance. Thank you.
😲😲😲 so you are married?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Lovelydaisies: 7:01am On Apr 16
WorldRichest:
Marriage is a scam nah. Those of us who are married and are not afraid of the truth knows this. Marriage is a bigger scam than Religion. Now the western world is doing away with the two frauds

Be careful what you push out there. People read and learn from posts. Don't intentionally misguide people, because you are having a hard time with your marriage.

You could have specified that your marriage is shaking and a scam, not the entire institution.

Let's be guided.

Not to talk of religion or whatever religion you meant. What is a scam to you, is legit to others. I beg you.
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by jaxxy(m): 7:20am On Apr 16
Bullshit.

The issue is people marry the wrong people or marry with an unprepared mindset and the issue are more exposed and harder to conceal or deal with like b4.

I dare says 50% of marriages are to/with the wrong partners dues to ignorance and the patients or skill to make them work are lacking.

Marriage done correctly is still the best choice u can make but done wrongly can be ur nightmare.

Obviously it's more convenient to blame marriage than our poor choices. undecided
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Mo6M: 7:33am On Apr 16
Stop all these.... Its an attempt of the evil one to coerce what God planted from the beginning..... And it would fail. Get back to the beginning where we were created.
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by okunwaye(m): 7:43am On Apr 16
Olorilolo:

When you lose 70% of your sight to Cataract by 62, you'd know what it means to be alone.

When you're sick and the doctors tender investigations for your family to go and do, drugs to go and get, you'd know Money can't buy you everything.

No matter what you see in marriages now, Money and all these plans can never replace a wife. She'll change your diaper, spoon feed you and tend to your wounds when that times comes. She'll grieve with you, rejoice with you, hold your hands on your dying bed.

Don't let ego blind you.
grin grin grin reason while most men suffer illness at old age is because they spent all their youthfull age slaving to cater for their wife and children grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by sulakishop(m): 7:44am On Apr 16
Marriage has lost it long ago
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by YourGFsnatcher: 7:48am On Apr 16
uche87:

Osahon George Osayimwen writes from England.
You are very right. Fish brain people that don't have the stamina to commit.
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by NEUDUDE: 8:01am On Apr 16
Biglittlelois:

I've come to realise that so many people on nairaland are products of dysfunctional upbringing or a single parent household especially the males, or they are not loved at home, that's why they preach the abolishment of marriage, to continue the moral degradation of the society.

I bet you cant comprehend cos this epistle i read was not about any abolishment of marriage but how it is beginning to lose its relevance. Color me dysfunctional but truth is marriage is only a blessing when you cohabitate with the right person. The rest as you know it is bullshit, little Fantasia! Wake up to reality. Marriage is a coin toss and not worth the hype nowadays cos our society has lost its morals. Worse for men cos they have so much to lose.

this is basic nursery women tactic look for a cheap word to shame a man who stands up for himself, unfortunately for you men are beginning to get the memo stupid grin

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Edembasilprutus(m): 8:18am On Apr 16
Baby mama
Cheap pass marriage
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by meobizy(f): 8:31am On Apr 16
Hackneyed topic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by OZIOGU1: 8:40am On Apr 16
EreluRoz:
Nonsense

Only damaged people see marriage that way. If your parents had that mindset you won't be in existence.

Trying so hard to discredit marriage while applauding unlawful cohabitation

God bless you my sister....Our gen Z is trying so hard to discredit marriage institutions, well life is a choice, who wan marry go ahead, who no wan marry stop discouraging others from it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by akigbemaru: 9:27am On Apr 16
Picklejar:
What really is marriage? Marriage is the "legal" joining of two people, but I go further to say that without the presence of offsprings, is marriage really a necessity?

With the influx of single mothers and deadbeat dads in our society, it's no surprise that emotionally damaged children are being mass-produced.

Removing one of either parent from the lives of children simply because it is comfortable, is a master plan to speedrun the destruction of society.
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Obaranje: 10:31am On Apr 16
AuwalYusuf812:
Very correct. what else marriage bring those days if not heartbroken, las las DNA go still separate Una. Make ah continue my baby mama thing abeg tongue
how you take sure sey DNA test no go tell you sey even the pikin from your baby mama no be your own?

The last time I checked baby mama are free browsing system for everyone
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by chimeremodlyn: 10:56am On Apr 16
The only reason marriage is no longer trending like before is because men hate commitment and can't think for themselves so they want d woman to be everything in d marriage including becoming their nanny and mothers. How's a woman supposed to cope with all of that. Women are getting wiser now, worst is the fact that what they can't try with their side chicks, they do with their wives who carries all d domestic burden. Haba, na wetin
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Olorilolo(f): 11:53am On Apr 16
okunwaye:

grin grin grin reason while most men suffer illness at old age is because they spent all their youthfull age slaving to cater for their wife and children grin grin grin
News flash: There are more women in the wards than men.
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by 2mch(m): 12:18pm On Apr 16
OP never see marriage and won’t know what it looks like if he saw it. Be careful reading nonsense from Gays and mentally I’ll patients online. Marriage is good and honorable. Be a good person intentionally and find a good person to marry. Don’t try to do what you cannot accept to your spouse. Other things will follow of you work as a team. Marriage is bad when human wickedness, selfishness and wickedness from outside sources enter the home.
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by aestake: 12:20pm On Apr 16
TooResilient:
I couldn't agree less more. When I was growing up, having kids out of wedlock was an abomination. Any girl/lady in such a situation is terribly looked down on.

But as it seems today, people have undervalued the marriage institutions. Men just want to have kids without being bound to a particular woman.

Women are advised to just get a man to impregnate her so she can have children whether the man stays or not.

In the next few years, just watch. Humans will start living like animals, just f^ck anyone and have children, no sacred commitment
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by GBPUSD: 12:22pm On Apr 16
Olorilolo:

When you lose 70% of your sight to Cataract by 62, you'd know what it means to be alone.

When you're sick and the doctors tender investigations for your family to go and do, drugs to go and get, you'd know Money can't buy you everything.

No matter what you see in marriages now, Money and all these plans can never replace a wife. She'll change your diaper, spoon feed you and tend to your wounds when that times comes. She'll grieve with you, rejoice with you, hold your hands on your dying bed.

Don't let ego blind you.
Must the husband die before the wife?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Banbanna(m): 12:29pm On Apr 16
Seems you have a strong sense of independence and the thought of surrendering that to a certain extent to some man scares you.

And it also depends on your age, probably you're still young and thinks time is still on your side.

Or maybe why you're not so excited is because you're not so desperate or in a hurry to have kids of your own.
Which btw though, you could have outside wedlock but the dishonour that mostly comes with it might be a turn off for you
Taquin:
I wonder sometimes. As a lady, I don’t know if it’s just me but the thought of marriage doesn’t excite me. Is it weird

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by dododawa1: 12:47pm On Apr 16
Inside life
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Gbadugbakun(m): 12:57pm On Apr 16
pocohantas:
To you...
Let's get married. wink
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Kobojunkie: 12:59pm On Apr 16
Banbanna:
â–  Seems you have a strong sense of independence and the thought of surrendering that to a certain extent to some man scares you.
And it also depends on your age, probably you're still young and thinks time is still on your side.
Or maybe why you're not so excited is because you're not so desperate or in a hurry to have kids of your own.
Which btw though, you could have outside wedlock but the dishonour that mostly comes with it might be a turn off for you
Abegi! undecided

When a man chooses to remain single do you as well tell him it has to do with his having a strong sense of independence or that it depends on his age, or that maybe he is not desperate or in a hurry to have kids of his own? Wake the fk up abeg! There have always been people in every community who have opted to not enter into marriage contracts for one reason or another. And these reasons these people have had, no matter how against the cultural norm of the time it has been, are valid enough reasons for them and hence honorable. Society is not the only decider as far as what is honorable or not honorable. Individuals have the right to decide for themselves, within the purview of the Law, of course, what they deem honorable or not. undecided

Marriage no be by force! undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Kobojunkie: 1:02pm On Apr 16
GBPUSD:
â–  Must the husband die before the wife?
In the marriage formulae, if the man does not die before the woman, it means the children would suffer a great deal more than they probably had to before. So, the man must die first. grin
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by GBPUSD: 1:09pm On Apr 16
Kobojunkie:
In the marriage formulae, if the man does not die before the woman, it means the children would suffer a great deal more than they probably had to before. So, the man must die first. grin

If you asked me for the synonym for the word 'Africa', I'd tell you it's backwardness.
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by MamaletASO: 3:07pm On Apr 16
That means women are no longer needed to be kept permanently at home...

Does that mean they are parasite??

You can easily get what u needed from any woman outside anytime instead of keeping them at home and parasiticing on your finances and still nagging at you

Chai!

The men just wanna destroy women and make them irrelevant
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by twosquare(m): 3:20pm On Apr 16
Kobojunkie:
Aaabegi! undecided

In 1981, the divorce rate in the State of Plateau, Nigeria, was recorded to have been around 81% among newlyweds. in 2012, a report went out that the divorce rate in Northern Nigeria was among the highest in the world. Now, of course, these reports come from the North where divorce is respected and tracked. In much of Southern Nigeria where divorce is traditionally found, official divorce rates have notoriously been maintained at below 0.1%. This does not consider the rate of marriage abandonment, the acceptable form of divorce among southerners, and equally as high as at least 50%. What has the economic power to do with the high divorce rates recorded even in Plateau state back in the 1980s? undecided
While you may be right, the 1980s are similar to today in Nigerian history, and worse economically...

Check those in power then...and compare what they brought...if you ask some economic experts, 1980s Bubu and Babangida were what destroyed us till today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Husband Always Fills His Forms As Single, Help / My Mother-In-Law Calls Me By My Wife's Ex Boyfriend's Name / Farmer Who Welcomed Triplets In Benue And Left, Finally Returns. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.