Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut (17967 Views)

Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load / PH Refinery: Marketers Eye Fuel Price Reduction, Ready To Load / Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by Honestey: 7:51am On Apr 22
If this happens, I will vote for Tinubu again
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by jimts(m): 7:52am On Apr 22
Curious345:
Good. Even at ₦500 per liter , Dangote is still making a whooping ₦137 as profit ..

So diesel shouldn't exceed ₦400 and petrol shouldn't exceed ₦150 of Dangote is getting his crude from Nigeria and paying in naira

Explain how you arrived at these figures please, I am genuinely interested to know.

Thanks
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by groovie(m): 7:53am On Apr 22
On top crude oil wey Dangote dey import?? We do know that Nigeria has become a crude oil importing nation now right? So he should import crude oil and reduce to #700??

Nigerians like putting pressure in the wrong places. Put pressure on NNPCL and the minister of petroleum to make crude oil available for Dangote. Then we'll see if he won't reduce price.
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by Biodun556(m): 7:54am On Apr 22
Dangote sells 1000 per liter marketers sells at 1500 per liter is that not too much?
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by Hollawayn05(m): 7:54am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:
Dangote should refine fuel

99% of poor Nigerians doesn’t patronize diesel

Na fuel be the koko if they wanna help the poor

Every Nigerians uses diesel direct or indirectly

1 Like

Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by itoba4real(m): 7:55am On Apr 22
This is a great development because it will greatly reduce the cost of production and transport. In construction the cost of transporting chippings is almost the cost of the stones,which has greatly affected many
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by callthefred: 7:57am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:

You're wrong. Diesel consumption is almost at par with petrol. No one runs a big generator on petrol, no big engine runs on petrol either.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by fuckJones(f): 7:58am On Apr 22
Moroccoguy:

Diesel is 1000 time important for manufacturing.
fuel is need to transport goods to meet the final consumer
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by Wainey: 7:59am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:

For chemistry, When refining, diesel will first come out before fuel, kerosene is the last.
It is economically viable to refine diesel first.
Fuel will come later

1 Like

Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by clems88(m): 8:00am On Apr 22
I don't know what's happening.. fuel has increased to 700 naira. I wonder what exactly is going on in this country

2 Likes

Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by emerged01(m): 8:00am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:

99% of what nigeria produces and Nigerians have access to is produced by diesel.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by Babangidapikin: 8:02am On Apr 22
Better patronize Made in Nigeria goods if that is your prayer and reduce pressures on the Naira ...
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by Zidoh(m): 8:03am On Apr 22
This is lovely and welcome development and we pray that God Almighty continue to bless Alhaja Aliko Dangote and those supporting him . New and beautiful Nigeria is possible!

Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by EPIJOE: 8:04am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:

That's why u always say a lot of rubbish on this forum, u knew nothing about Nigerian economy.

My brother, we run a diesel economy, it's even better diesel should be #200/liters and Lpg to be #400/kg and fuel to be 1000/liters.

Diesel is what we use in manufacturing, oil and gas Equipments, industries, Banks, businesses that are of high volume depends on diesel. And even transportation from North to sound with Agricultural products trucks use diesel ⛽ to bring them.

Diesel is the factor not fuel. Cos we don't have a stable electricity.

3 Likes

Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by Objectivist04: 8:04am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:

Both are equally important, the heavy duty vehicles that transport foods and other goods across the country use diesel
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by bobbiiee: 8:05am On Apr 22
For me AGO is more important than we think. Most food produce are transported by vehicles using AGO. Most heavy duty machines are designed to run on diesel. Mechanized farming and AGO are inseparable. Most times we buy items like yam, pepper, tomatoes, that have travelled hundreds of kilometres, we pay indirectly for the AGO. I transported gypsum board, profile & some other building material from Ajah to Benin for 280k about 3 years ago. This year when i approached the same transporter he asked me to pay 700k.

micxwell:

Lol. You're obviously ignorant. AGO is very important to manufacturing, logistics and haulage. Both AGO and PMS are equally important.
Let me use our mobile networks as an example. They don't use PMS to power any of their network masts. AGO is what they use.
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by JuanDeDios: 8:05am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:

Everything - from bread to beans to cement - is produced or transported with diesel.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by JuanDeDios: 8:06am On Apr 22
DatIgalaDude:
Good speculation but the current price reduction is yet to reflect on goods and services.
You dey mind them. I'm sure that old stock matter will last till Mid-December. I know my people.
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by zionstaar75: 8:07am On Apr 22
YeyeGbami:

Leave am, na bad belle dey worry am.
na stupidity no be bad belle
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by grandstar(m): 8:07am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:

You're a very intelligent fellow.

The reason why he is slow producing petrol is because it is still subsidized. I'd he sells it at the present, he will make losses

The federal government will buy it from him at the market price and resell it at the subsidized price.

2 Likes

Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by Thegamingorca(m): 8:10am On Apr 22
What of fuel
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by Deefirm: 8:12am On Apr 22
Reduction that stations are yet to implement? The average Nigerian is criminally minded.

adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Marketers-eye-N700/litre-diesel-after-Dangote-price-cut
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by Johnjustice: 8:19am On Apr 22
I expect price of goods and services to come down. Consumer protection agency must do its work or gets disbanded and a new active agency created to protect consumers. Government can give these agencies for private sector to run and manage on behalf of government, for more efficiency and to earn revenue for the national purse. Civil servants in Nigeria are lazy, inefficient and corrupt.
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by yomi531(m): 8:21am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:

Big lie. All the industries are powered by Diesel. Even small factories u see around. When diesel price comes down, watch how prices of Commodities will drop drastically
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by Johnjustice: 8:21am On Apr 22
groovie:
On top crude oil wey Dangote dey import?? We do know that Nigeria has become a crude oil importing nation now right? So he should import crude oil and reduce to #700??

Nigerians like putting pressure in the wrong places. Put pressure on NNPCL and the minister of petroleum to make crude oil available for Dangote. Then we'll see if he won't reduce price.
Are you supporting Nigerians or supporting an already made billionaire

Pity yourself before you pity billionaire oh, lol. Cheaper diesel means Nigeria will be a productive and production hub.
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by 2Radii: 8:21am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:

U be normal boyboy, nwaboy na, low budget one at that grin if not u want say this rubbish.

U don't have trailer, u don't have single, u don't have 6 tires, ur market don't require the use of any apart from the use of dyna and gulf grin

1 Like

Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by micxwell(m): 8:22am On Apr 22
bobbiiee:
For me AGO is more important than we think. Most food produce are transported by vehicles using AGO. Most heavy duty machines are designed to run on diesel. Mechanized farming and AGO are inseparable. Most times we buy items like yam, pepper, tomatoes, that have travelled hundreds of kilometres, we pay indirectly for the AGO. I transported gypsum board, profile & some other building material from Ajah to Benin for 280k about 3 years ago. This year when i approached the same transporter he asked me to pay 700k.

AGO key to the construction industry 🏗️, no doubt.
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by onyxo76(m): 8:24am On Apr 22
tuoyoojo:
How come fuel is rising in abuja

Some stations were selling for 690 as at yesterday
yeah its been 680 in ife for some days now.
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by Tonytonex(m): 8:33am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:

but just like the write up there, one of the reasons wey food cost na because of diesel.

Things like cement, na high transportation make am dey very expensive. Trucks will use millions just to buy diesel to transport it. Etc
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by adabaraabdul: 8:33am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:

are you been serious here. 90% of transportation logistic and general manufacturing uses diesel. It has a strong indirect impact on all Nigerians
Re: Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut by tnerro1(m): 8:33am On Apr 22
Can’t they just shock Nigerians with price reduction, let dem just wake up one morning and diesel @ 500 , fuel @ 400 and kero @ 200.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Postscript Of The Jonathan Years! What Do You Say? / Presidency: Our Social Investment Programmes Marred By Fraud / 2000 PDP Members Will Welcome Buhari To Ebonyi – Gov Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.