Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,029 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:55 PM

Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr (6802 Views)

Buhari Participated In Syrian Event As A Perfect Cover For His Medical Visit- SR / Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief / Nigeria Denies Ex-US Envoy, Campbell, Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 20, 2011
greateros:

They called it COVERT OPERATION! Covert means its secret! its not meant for public knowledge!

Do you expect them to go to the press and admit that US troops are about to be deployed in Nigeria?

SOME NAIRALAND POSTERS GIVES A NEW MEAN TO DUNCE!

I guess some of you will be expecting to see white men in camo roaming the streets of Bauchi and Gombe armed with latest weapon of mass destruction and drones flying here and there before you agree that US armies are in Nigeria - Right!

by covert, they will send only black soldiers fully kitted in any of the Nigerian security uniforms they can even dress like road safety officials[oh and don't forget that some US army personnel are trained to speak some of our local  languages [hausa, yoruba, igbo] fluently!

C-O-V-E-R-T! M-o-r-o-n-s!

Rhino u really fall my hand! I tot with your experience in military and paramilitary operations you will be able to explain the detailed meaning of COVERT OPERATION to some of these dunces here!

SAHARA REPORTS STILL REMAINS THE BEST IN AFRICA! If their report is not true, why will US embassy bother to defend itself

Thanks for breaking down into digestible pieces.

Did Western forces ever admit to having secret service personnel (and troops) on the ground in Libya?

Saharareporters is the best thing that ever happened to the Nigerian landscape in cyberspace and most of its detractors here know it.
If anything, over the years, it has proven to be responsible enough, by offering the right of reply to contentious articles, which are often sourced from local journalists constrained by the caprices of compromised newspaper editors.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 20, 2011
lukkie:

Some people seem to have personal beefs with SR. Meanwhile their day is not complete until they visit the site. SaharaReporters publish a lot of "scoops" from informants which may sometimes turn out to be inaccurate. But i still prefer SR to the cash-and-carry journalism practiced in Nigeria.

And there is nothing like jeopardizing national security by running such stories. The New York Times or The Guardian of UK would have ran the story without any scruples. That's what journalists are meant to do - inform the public.

Closet SR readers grin
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by OmoTier1(m): 11:05am On Nov 20, 2011
The fact still remains! Covert operation is underway by the US special forces! DO not be fooled by the US Embassy's denial. What would follow due to SR revealation is a change in tactics and a delay for reassessment and realignment of operations.

@beaf.
You are long overdue for a PhD in "mumulogy" like your doggy PhD your pay master GEJ got!
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:46am On Nov 20, 2011
Mmmm
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by ocelot2006(m): 11:53am On Nov 20, 2011
The SaharaReporter post is a BLOODY LIE and BS. First of all, the Special Forces is NOT part of the US Marine Corps. Rather the SF (or Green Berets/Operational Detachment Alpha-ODA) is an army unit. Second, the SF is based in Fort Bragg, not Carson or whatever. But if any unit of the ODA is going to be used, they'll deploy from Germany. Finally, being an ideal counter-insurgency (COIN) unit, the US may offer the services of the SF/green berets to the FG as they've done in the past, but they will never be directly employed to engage BH directly. Rather, they'll only offer training and serve as advisors to Nigerian Army units taking point the Ops against BH.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by ifebosco: 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2011
Relax101:

I said it. Saharareporters are just real eeddiootsss. From their oga to their messenger.
Very Pathetic.
when did exposing criminals in nigeria become pathetic??think before you write, stop the display of your ignorance
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by ifebosco: 12:56pm On Nov 20, 2011
Beaf:

What have I done for Nigeria? Lol!
I have done far more than Sahara Reporters will ever be able to and I believe I am blessed with great potential to multiply that several times over. What have you done, bruv? Aside from post shockingly unintelligent crap like the above?

This is a project me and a couple of other guys have been working on: http://www.afrosciencecommunity.com/
I hope to be able to contribute much more in future. Can you and your hot air remotely match what that website offers?

Dunce.
beaf please i will like you to tellme three institute in nigeria that works since gej is president
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by mrdan(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2011
ocelot2006:

The SaharaReporter post is a BLOODY LIE and BS. First of all, the Special Forces is NOT part of the US Marine Corps. Rather the SF (or Green Berets/Operational Detachment Alpha-ODA) is an army unit. Second, the SF is based in Fort Bragg, not Carson or whatever. But if any unit of the ODA is going to be used, they'll deploy from Germany. Finally, being an ideal counter-insurgency (COIN) unit, the US may offer the services of the SF/green berets to the FG as they've done in the past, but they will never be directly employed to engage BH directly. Rather, they'll only offer training and serve as advisors to Nigerian Army units taking point the Ops against BH.

Bros have you heard of the Marine Corp Force Recon:
The Force Reconnaissance Companies (abbreviated as either 'Force Recon' or FORECON), are one of the United States Marine Corps's special operations "capable" forces (S.O.C.) ,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Force_Recon

or the United States Marine Corps Special Operations Command:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_Forces_Special_Operations_Command

I think they can be classified as Special Forces, don't you think so:
Special forces, or special operations forces are terms used to describe elite military tactical teams trained to perform high-risk dangerous missions that conventional units cannot perform.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_forces

So in essence the US Marines do have Special Force Operators.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by werepeLeri: 6:00pm On Nov 20, 2011
Nigerians -

LOL - so SR, right and America is wrong. How do people refuse to make use of their brains? Because America owes SR something? I dont get it.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Slyr0x: 7:38pm On Nov 20, 2011
eGuerrilla:

Saharareporters is the best thing that ever happened to the Nigerian landscape in cyberspace and most of its detractors here know it.
If anything, over the years, it has proven responsible enough to offer the right of reply to contentious articles, which are often sourced from local journalists constrained by the caprices of compromised newspaper editors.

True talk.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Demdem(m): 9:30pm On Nov 20, 2011
Interesting comments so far. Of a truth, why would the embassy confirm a covert operation?
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by debosky(m): 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2011
Demdem:

Interesting comments so far. Of a truth, why would the embassy confirm a covert operation?

Dunno why anyone in their right minds would expect a confirmation. A simple failure to understand the meaning of the word 'covert' is at fault. undecided
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Kobojunkie: 2:23pm On Nov 22, 2011
Yeah! Only problem is that Sahara Reporters initially didn't have it that the troops were on a COVERT mission until the report was questioned.

Matter of fact, it was a nairalander who INJECTED that word into the conversation . . .I remember cause I ignored him for jumping to such a conclusion, an all too convenient way around the report not providing any substantial backing for the claims made.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-806792.0.html
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by debosky(m): 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Yeah! Only problem is that Sahara Reporters initially didn't have it that the troops were on a COVERT mission until the report was questioned.

Matter of fact, it was a nairalander who INJECTED that word into the conversation . . .I remember cause I ignored him for jumping to such a conclusion, an all too convenient way around the report not providing any substantial backing for the claims made.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-806792.0.html

Ok - let's accept that it wasn't called a covert operation by SH in the first place - does that establish that it wasn't a covert operation?

It isn't unreasonable to regard a US military force deployed into Nigeria through foreign countries (Chad and Niger) as a covert operation. Regardless the US does not announce military deployment against terrorist organisations. You only hear about such deployments after the fact or when a target is neutralised.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2011
^^^ It is also NOT UNREASONABLE to believe that this reports is false. Since, after more than 72 hours later, only Sahara Reporters seems to know of the existence of this deployment -- no other source, local or international, has so far corroborated this claim.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by debosky(m): 3:08pm On Nov 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ It is also NOT UNREASONABLE to believe that this reports is false. Since, after more than 72 hours later, only Sahara Reporters seems to know of the existence of this deployment -- no other source, local or international, has so far corroborated this claim.

Agreed - in essence, no side can make definitive claims in this situation. The facts of this matter cannot be conclusively established.

The fact that a likely covert deployment hasn't been corroborated also doesn't preclude the veracity of SH's initial report - that's why there is such a thing as an 'exclusive' source.

Whether or not there was a deployment against a terrorist organisation, the US government is highly unlikely to confirm it.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2011
So, considering SaharaReporters own track record( the paper even included a picture of marines training out in Germany back in 2009 as support for it's report), I choose to remain skeptical until there is made available, explicit evidence of this deployment by US Forces, either from other local sources or international sources.  smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by debosky(m): 3:57pm On Nov 22, 2011
^^

Your position is understood and very reasonable ma'am. smiley
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by egift(m): 5:35pm On Nov 22, 2011
But guys how about Beaf telling us that KGB and others were heading for a combined action against Boko Haram? Have Beaf retracted or just avoiding it to fade off?

Suicide bombing: FG uncovers ‘political Boko Haram’ •Alleged sponsors under close watch •CIA, SSS, Mi5, MOSSAD, KGB move in
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-749096.0.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Prepare For Food Shortage - PDP / Photo: Was This Boko Haram Terrorist Shot In His Pe.nis or was he ritualized? / Blood Shed In Akwa Ibom As The Result Of PDP Ward Congress In The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.