Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,036 members, 7,838,586 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge (5625 Views)

Again, El-rufai Appoints Non-indigene As Head Of Service / Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy / S’east, S’west, S’south Divided Over Indigene/settler Clause (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by samstradam: 7:57pm On Nov 21, 2011
Francis-1:

May be you need to attend a Govt 101 class. If he can make the law you cited above, he would not have sent it to the National Assembly but would have passed it himself. You have as much right as the president to send a bill to the NA, whose role it is to pass or not pass it into law. DUH.
OH, and in that your government class they didn't tell you that the first responsibility of every president all over the world is the safety, security and well being of all his citizens. Did they tell you the senate president is the commander in chief and the chief security officer of the country. You and all your like will always be ignorant clowns.
Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by Francis5: 8:03pm On Nov 21, 2011
samstradam:

OH, and in that your government class they didn't tell you that the first responsibility of every president all over the world is the safety, security and well being of all his citizens. Did they tell you the senate president is the commander in chief and the chief security officer of the country. You and all your like will always be ignorant clowns.

lol at ignorant clown. What is the direct relationship between the settler/indigene problem (the topic of this thread) and security? I ask you this because, IMO, there is none, as security is still broken down among people of the same indigenship. Ife and Modakeke. Aguleri/Umuleri should serve as a reminder to you, unless you wallow in half-bakedness.

Now go ahead and tell me that if a settler/indigene abrogation law is institutionalized, there will not be insecurity issues in Nigeria. You are daft.

Go ahead and tell me that only the president must send a bill to the Assembly for passage into law.
Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by samstradam: 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2011
@ Francis-1. Don't take this the wrong way, but clearly i will only demean myself by debating you, as you lack any concise knowledge of the issues you choose to argue about. Just to be clear, the heart of the ife-modakeke is settlership and has always been, take it from an indigene lol.
Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by hercules07: 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2011
Francis is a Yoruba, ACN hater, he does not see anything good in those two.
Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by Francis5: 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2011
samstradam:

@ Francis-1. Don't take this the wrong way, but clearly i will only demean myself by debating you, as you lack any concise knowledge of the issues you choose to argue about. Just to be clear, the heart of the ife-modakeke is settlership and has always been, take it from an indigene lol.

Now go ahead and tell me that if a settler/indigene abrogation law is institutionalized, there will not be insecurity issues in Nigeria.

Go ahead and tell me the fights between PDP and ACN thugs in Ondo, Lagos, Benue and Uyo are due to settler/indigene problem
Tell me that the spate of kidnapping in the SE, SS and to a lesser extent SW, is due to the same problem
Tell me that the spate of motor park thuggery in the SW is due to the same problem
Tell me that the Niger Delta/MEND crises is due to the same problem
Tell me that Boko Haram in the North is due to settler/indigene problem
Tell me that the deadly armed robber attacks and human rituals all over Nigeria is due to the same settler/indigene problem.
Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by Francis5: 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2011
hercules07:

Francis is a Yoruba, ACN hater, he does not see anything good in those two.

I have only a short answer for you: you are a m.or.o.n
Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by hercules07: 8:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
@Francis

Should I pull out all your Yoruba and ACN hating threads? You do not need to deny what you are and by the way your insults just prove my point.
Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by Francis5: 9:01pm On Nov 21, 2011
hercules07:

@Francis

Should I pull out all your Yoruba and ACN hating threads? You do not need to deny what you are and by the way your insults just prove my point.

You are free to pull you ar.se from your torso. It is ur prerogative to do as you wish. As far as we are talking about this thread, you have no business interjecting in the disrespectful manner you have done. You can start pulling your ar.se from this very thread, okay, buddie?
Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by egift(m): 9:08pm On Nov 21, 2011
@Francis:
Clap for yourself. For exacting such energy to give us "reasons" why he should remain asleep. You guys keep lowering the bar of success to the pits.

Have you ever heard of "President sending a bill to the House" and "Reaching out to them to ensure that his proposals become law"?

For you its justified when the president is a do nothing, wait for legislature to lead - Francis even a parliamentary system cannot get that ugly.
Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by Francis5: 9:20pm On Nov 21, 2011
egift:

@Francis:
Clap for yourself. For exacting such energy to give us "reasons" why he should remain asleep. You guys keep lowering the bar of success to the pits.

Have you ever heard of "President sending a bill to the House" and "Reaching out to them to ensure that his proposals become law"?

For you its justified when the president is a do nothing, wait for legislature to lead - Francis even a parliamentary system cannot get that ugly.

No. Not justifying anything. GEJ is surely not doing enough in general but he cannot take all the blame, at least not for the topic we are discussing here. I no gree that one. Thank you

What stopped Shagari, Obasanjo and Yaradua (all democratic presidents) from sending such a bill to the parliament? What stopped Okadigbo, Nnamani, Anyim and now David Mark from championing such a bill? What stopped Bankole from doing same? The Indigene/Settler issue in Nigeria is a gun powder nobody wants to explode in their face. Tinubu is only mouthing. He cannot achieve it, otherwise he has to explain why his ward Fasola sent non-indigenes out of Lagos. Same also goes for Orji in Abia State.

I, personally STRONGLY support the abolishing of the indigene/settler brouhaha. But how many Nigerians do, seeing the perceived fear of domination by settlers in many different places in Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by Francis5: 10:08pm On Nov 21, 2011
Read GEJ here on this matter, long before Tinubu dreamed of it

"I read your complaints about the Settler/Indigene dichotomy and many of you are calling for a constitutional amendment to solve this issue, however, the truth is that the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has already abrogated that dichotomy for the simple reason that it does not recognise any difference between the two , sets of people. If there is a difference as some insist, it is only in their minds and we must as Nigerians begin the peaceful processes of rebuilding the foundations of our citizenship. As far as our present Constitution is concerned, ALL Nigerian citizens are indigenes of any part of Nigeria. And our history is replete with a demonstration of this fact. For example the Great Zik of Africa won an election in Ibadan. Malam Umaru Altine was the first elected Mayor of Enugu and Felix Okonkwo (known as Okonkwo 'Kano') was a member of the Northern Nigeria House of chiefs. Since there is precedent for it in the past, we have to remove the glass ceiling in our minds that still believes in the Settler/Indigene dichotomy. Under the Nigerian Constitution, there is absolutely nothing stopping any Nigerian citizen who has taken residency in a state, town or ward from participating in the governance processes of that State, Town or Ward including contesting elections if the individual fulfils the constitutional requirements of residency and tax payment. If Nigerian immigrants can win City Council elections in the U.S, mayoral elections in Ireland and most recently Parliamentary seats in the British House of Commons, it should certainly be possible for a Nigerian with ancestral origins from Sokoto to win an election in Port Harcourt and vice versa. As I said, the Nigerian Constitution permits it, there are precedents for it and the only thing we have to do is to give effect to our constitutional rights which speak to our unity and our collective aspirations for peaceful co-existence and greatness. GEJ"

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-497789.0.html
Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by aljharem3: 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2011
Francis-1:

No. Not justifying anything. GEJ is surely not doing enough in general but he cannot take all the blame, at least not for the topic we are discussing here. I no gree that one. Thank you

What stopped Shagari, Obasanjo and Yaradua (all democratic presidents) from sending such a bill to the parliament? What stopped Okadigbo, Nnamani, Anyim and now David Mark from championing such a bill? What stopped Bankole from doing same? [b]The Indigene/Settler issue in Nigeria is a gun powder nobody wants to explode in their face. Tinubu is only mouthing. He cannot achieve it, otherwise he has to explain why his ward Fasola sent non-indigenes out of Lagos. Same also goes for Orji in Abia State.

I, personally STRONGLY support the abolishing of the indigene/settler brouhaha. But how many Nigerians do, seeing the perceived fear of domination by settlers in many different places in Nigeria.

domination of settlers

i rather say domination of a great war.

Who like to be controlled by a non-JJC indigene ? You because not me

You would be shocked at the level of which people would defend there turf, some would even result to cannibalism as the case of Beroms
Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by Francis5: 10:26pm On Nov 21, 2011
alj_harem:

Who like to be controlled by a[b] non-JJC indigene[/b] ?

What was that?
Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by aljharem3: 10:34pm On Nov 21, 2011
Francis-1:

What was that?

a non indigene that is just coming to the area and spend 5 years then decides to go for an election because he has money.
Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by adamaw2tuf: 2:02am On Nov 22, 2011
You are just an idiioot,blame yourself the day you will get hecked to death just like your father qadafi,because you have sworn never to go down alone in your misireable life of degrading everyone and praising your boko haram,just look at what comes out of your mouth shameless pig.
alj_harem:

domination of settlers

You would be shocked at the level of which people would defend there turf, some would even result to cannibalism as the case of Beroms
Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by aljharem3: 2:32am On Nov 22, 2011
adamaw2tuf:

You are just an idiioot,blame yourself the day you will get hecked to death just like your father qadafi,because you have sworn never to go down alone in your misireable life of degrading everyone and praising your boko haram,just look at what comes out of your mouth shameless pig.

I HAVE NEVER PRAISE BOKO HARAM

GET THAT INTO YOU THICK SKULL AKA NOISELESS AND ADAMAW2TUF

shegiya
Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by adamaw2tuf: 3:22am On Nov 22, 2011
HUU HUU WHATEVER!ATLEAST YOU KNOW NOW THAT THE WAY YOU SMELL MAKES EVERY BODY PUT THEIR HANDS TO THE NOSE,DENY IT AS IT'S YOUR NATURE BUT PEOPLE ARE READ YOUR POSTS AND CAN TELL OR FIGURE OUT YOUR EVIL INTENTIONS, EVEN WHEN YOU TRY PRETENDING TO DILUTE YOUR POISONUOS SHAI AGAINST THEM BY RESULTING IN HAVING "NORMAL CONVERSATION"WITH THEM.YOU ARE ALREADY BUSTED EVEN WITH ALL YOUR MULTI ETHNIC USERNAMES WHICH YOU USE FOR STIRRING FIGHTS ON NAIRA LAND AND OUTSIDE HERE,YOUR GAMES ARE COMING TO AN END AND I LL CONTINUE WHIPING YOUR EVIL BRAIN WITH A VERY HARD BULALA YOU PIG.
alj_harem:

domination of settlers

Re: Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge by adamaw2tuf: 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2011
ISNT IT INTERESTING THAT PEOPLE ON HERE ARE BEGINNING TO SEE YOUR TRUE COLOR,EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE TRYING SO VERY HARD TO TAKE THEM FOR FOOLS,EVEN SOME SOUTHWESTERNERS KNOW NOW THAT YOUR PRETENDING TO BE FRIENDLY WITH THEM ALL THE TIME IS JUST FAKE,AS YOU ARE USING THAT TACTICS WITH YOUR MULTIPLE USERNAMES TO RUBBISH THEM, ONLY TO PRETEND TO BE FRIENDLY WITH THEM WHEN YOU ARE USING "AHJ HARAM HOPING TO ALWAYS HAVE THE SUPPORT OF SOME SOUTHWEST MUSLIM COMMUNITIES IN OTHER FOR THE TIME YOU CAN'T WAIT TO SEE TO ARRIVE, THAT IS YOUR" SHARIA DREAMS" BEFORE YOU CAN BEGIN TO UNLEASH YOUR TERROR ON INNOCENT PEOPLE IN THA REGION,BUT YOU KNOW WHAT?I'M REALLY GLAD PEOPLE ARE BEGINNING TO SEE YOU THE UNNECESSARY HATE AND EVIL YOU HAVE HIDEN DEEP DOWN YOUR GUT AND UP YOUR ROTEN BRAIN. SMELL U LATER PIG.
alj_harem:

I HAVE NEVER PRAISE BOKO HARAM

GET THAT INTO YOU THICK SKULL AKA NOISELESS AND ADAMAW2TUF

shegiya

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Mocks APC Congresses That Produced 72 State Chairmen Nationwide / BREAKING!!! Okorocha’s In-law, Uche Nwosu Wins In Court / Governor Akeredolu Opens St. Jacobs Hotel, The New Most Luxury Hotel In Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.