Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures (22360 Views)

Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures / Abuja Airport Road (under Construction): Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Btruth: 10:14am On Nov 24, 2011
If na play, make una stop am, how can you guys say that those pictures are from the Enugu railway projects. Even blind man go tell you say that place na dumping ground.

Nigerian govts, SHAME ON YOU ALL.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by sosodat: 10:25am On Nov 24, 2011
@OP, thumbs up for sharing information, no mind KOBO, na so im dey do, trying to show off and of course hoping to stir up senseless arguments to pass time.

Hope the project will be completed in a timely fashion, though and the trains will be modern ones, Happy at least something (no matter who (FG, State or local) and how small) dey work.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by runsgirl: 10:25am On Nov 24, 2011
Good news
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by emmatok(m): 10:34am On Nov 24, 2011
macjive01:

thats it, i believe this is the part still on ground, here is the other elevated section

ENUGU railway line in construction

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

see more photos here

http://www.igbolandforum.com/index.php?topic=634.0

Mr Man stop posting that PHOTOSHOP PIX here.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by kpolli(m): 10:42am On Nov 24, 2011
Wood or rusted metal?
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by classico(m): 11:02am On Nov 24, 2011
the pic i am seeing of ERT(Electromagnetic Rail Track) seem unreal.The country doesn`t even have enough electricity to run such project.Mirage
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by ocelot2006(m): 11:03am On Nov 24, 2011
Kudos to the Enugu state govt. Well done.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by humblebee: 11:13am On Nov 24, 2011
classico:

the pic i am seeing of ERT(Electromagnetic Rail Track) seem unreal.The country doesn`t even have enough electricity to run such project.Mirage

u just sit down look, you're one of dose dolts who will never see anything good thing happening until it passes ur head, even if some people hear that Jonathan is sharing common vicks lemon sweet, they won't still believe just because they are blinded by nonconstructive criticism.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Naijabash(m): 11:30am On Nov 24, 2011
This is a good project it will go along way to reduce stress on our roads. Thanks for your effort you are a patriotic Nigerian. Indeed some good things are happening in Nigeria and as we discovered them lets show it for the world to see.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by classico(m): 11:56am On Nov 24, 2011
humblebee:

u just sit down look, you're one of dose dolts who will never see anything good thing happening until it passes your head, even if some people hear that Jonathan is sharing common vicks lemon sweet, they won't still believe just because they are blinded by nonconstructive criticism.

gullible buffoon,i dont care about what ur broke-ass going through.that pic cant be real .that kinda of rail dont run on COAL even if its built in the coal city.wake mofo
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Princek12(m): 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2011
is this a state or fed project? i am seeing conflicting posts
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by otokx(m): 12:29pm On Nov 24, 2011
Lies
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by koolguy88(m): 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2011
out dated rusted rails, sha sha sha SHAMEEE TO naija, !! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by ayusman16(m): 1:33pm On Nov 24, 2011
And the foolish government will say it is an achievement. Outdated rail system.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by titsqueez(m): 1:40pm On Nov 24, 2011
Are those tracks Aba made? just asking
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Pain(m): 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2011
I hope they are following the modern standard railway gauge and not something out of the year 1845!
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by gidson12(m): 1:48pm On Nov 24, 2011
otokx:

Lies
ode! What made u think its a lie, mumu
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by werepeLeri: 1:57pm On Nov 24, 2011
Arosa:

So naija needs multinationals to lay common rail tracks? How hard is it to do this 

Daft
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by aljharem3: 2:31pm On Nov 24, 2011
critics

this is a good development whether rusted or not. HABA

Many states don't even have one, abeg Kudos to chime.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by werepeLeri: 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2011
marocguy:

@koko oh,i 4got. My bad. We shud get started with getting them accountable right away. As i said b4,i have delegated the work of sourcing the info about who gave the contract(i'm so confident of your ability on that),while i get attorneys to retrieve the contrac papers for Nairaland scrutiny too,since i hav started with showing the pics of work rate. Afterall we now have the Freedom of Information act to hold these bad leaders responsible.

Dude - why do you let people talk you out of what you beleive in?

The national rail is different from the city rails - the national rail is done by the NRC, the Federal Government, while the state is doing the city rails, just like Abuja and PH are doing their own.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by EkoIle1: 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2011
Are those go karts rail tracks? lol.

One small rain go wash that tin off inside gully,
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by manny4life(m): 3:32pm On Nov 24, 2011
It's only people who haven't seen how rails track looks like are the first to condemn. Steel is steel, rust or not, they are meant to rust. What do you expect after tracks are exposed to harsh weather(extreme heat during summer, extreme cold during fall and winter), question is not steel will rust because it will, question is are they maintained?  After all there are steel tracks that operated by CTX Rail Corp. (Largest Rail Track corp in the U.S.) that are rusted. Does it mean tons of rails are no longer in business?

We look at it as rust, but there maintenance crews spray chemicals to keep the rust at barest minimum. How do you think rails of 40 years still exist? Anyway, GREAT JOB to the Gov. Let them lay rusted track (for those who claim), if it cost 20X, 10x less than new ones by so be it. After all, Lagos is building it's own rail, I sure doubt that the tracks are brand new steel, the rail cars itself are not brand new either,  I've never had issues with people who decide to go for used or refurbished ones, so stop condemning, give credit where it's used.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2011
JAZES:

The rails look like refurbished ones to me oo.
Well at ll at all na hin bad  pass.

Kudos to the enugu state government.

ocelot2006:

See what I mean? People already giving kudos to the STATE for this. The[b] @Poster tells you that he does not know and does not even care to know who is actually responsible for the project,but will on his own praise the state governor for it[/b]. And as expected, we have two others who come in, unwilling to consider what is really presented them but joining the PRAISE-THE-STATE-GOVERMENT band wagon. And I am guessing you all are of voting age.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

From research,[size=14pt] this is not a State project but a Federal , to be precise, Yar adua-administration started project.[/size] 

The federal Rail project is a rail project we are able to confirm it's commencement. The Enugu state rail project is still in a  WANT TO stage. The report at this link   http://www.africanexaminer.com/Enugu1027  is dated October 27th, 2011, only some weeks ago. It still reports the Enugu rail project is not even close to starting phase.

People need to spend more time EDUCATING THEMSELVES before posting responses in support of posts created by UNINFORMED entities looking for cheap praise for their politician of choice.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by funextra20: 4:11pm On Nov 24, 2011
STUDY ABROAD
Get your POLAND,RUSSIA,GEORGIA,UKRAINE,SOUTH AFRICA(TOURIST)INVITATION

FOR STUDENT,CALL ME ON 07086591720, NO FORE PAYMENT , SCHOOL FEES

ON ARRIVAL, i am an individual, I HAVE BEING TO THIS COUNTRIES MYSELF AND

I PROCESSED IT MYSELF AND I CAN DO IT FOR YOU AT A TOKEN FEE, WHEN WE

MEET I SHOW YOUR PICTURES,AND I SPEAK RUSSIAN,POLISH.JUST CALL ,
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:15pm On Nov 24, 2011
Wow, Chime Sulliven is really working hard as the Governor of Enugu and will work even harder as the President come 2015. Lets make it happen people.  wink

For all those critics talking about rust, it really is not your fault becos u don't know wat a railway track looks like, u probably never seen one in your life.  grin grin

Nyway railway track steel only comes to bare becos of wear from train commute as seen in the pic below. Does tracks are very ok, just need the engineers to lay them appropriately.

Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by rhymz(m): 4:54pm On Nov 24, 2011
So the only reason that eeediotic KoBO posted on this thread was to make sure she convinced people that the project was not done by the Enugu state Government? What is that supposed to prove? What a stooopid girl that likes to split hair. OP abeg bone that goon, and move on with what you are doing.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by jascon1(m): 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2011
i must really commend you for your effort to paparazzi this roadside journalism. if we can feed factful info like tis, i bet we can own t press and need less to depend on polished lies our national dailies feed us with.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2011
JAZES:

The rails look like refurbished ones to me oo.
Well at ll at all na hin bad  pass.

Kudos to the enugu state government.

ocelot2006:

See what I mean? People already giving kudos to the STATE for this. The[b] @Poster tells you that he does not know and does not even care to know who is actually responsible for the project,but will on his own praise the state governor for it[/b]. And as expected, we have two others who come in, unwilling to consider what is really presented them but joining the PRAISE-THE-STATE-GOVERMENT band wagon. And I am guessing you all are of voting age.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

From research,[size=14pt] this is not a State project but a Federal , to be precise, Yar adua-administration started project.[/size] 

The federal Rail project is a rail project we are able to confirm it's commencement. The Enugu state rail project is still in a  WANT TO stage. The report at this link   http://www.africanexaminer.com/Enugu1027  is dated October 27th, 2011, only some weeks ago. It still reports the Enugu rail project is not even close to starting phase.

People need to spend more time EDUCATING THEMSELVES before posting responses in support of posts created by UNINFORMED entities looking for cheap praise for their politician of choice.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Relax101(m): 6:24pm On Nov 24, 2011
There's a federal rail that runs from Port harcourt to Enugu up to the Northern part of Nigeria.
I think this is a state project.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by PointB: 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Wow, Chime Sulliven is really working hard as the Governor of Enugu and will work even harder as the President come 2015. Lets make it happen people.  wink

For all those critics talking about rust, it really is not your fault becos u don't know wat a railway track looks like, u probably never seen one in your life.  grin grin

Nyway railway track steel only comes to bare becos of wear from train commute as seen in the pic below. Does tracks are very ok, just need the engineers to lay them appropriately.

Carry on my sister, nothing do you. Chime, Rochas, or Mark for 2015. grin grin grin grin grin

@topic,
We do not care who started the project, we are interested in who followed up, and who completed it. QED
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2011
Relax101:

There's a federal rail that runs from Port harcourt to Enugu up to the Northern part of Nigeria.
I think this is a state project.

How can this be a state project when the State's own Proposed rail project is still in, yes, the PROPOSAL state . . . no definites have been made on the project even happening. As of late October, reports still have it that the Enugu State government was still planning on/considering a monorail project.

Also, as to your suggestion that the PortHarcourt Enugu lines where on the outskirts, what stops the NRC really from adding additional lines to service other parts of the same state? It has done that in places like Kaduna, and their are reports the same is being done in Osun, why not Enugu? Why can't this be NRC? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

How can this be a state project when the State's own Proposed rail project is still in, yes, the PROPOSAL state . . . no definites have been made on the project even happening. As of late October, reports still have it that the Enugu State government was still planning on/considering a monorail project.

Also, as to your suggestion that the PortHarcourt Enugu lines where on the outskirts, what stops the NRC really from adding additional lines to service other parts of the same state? It has done that in places like Kaduna, and their are reports the same is being done in Osun, why not Enugu? Why can't this be NRC? undecided undecided undecided undecided

I wonder why you are so bent on proving that the project is not owned by Enugu State. Whether Enugu or FG, it shows we are moving in the right direction. So, it does not matter who takes the credit for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency Blames “budget Mafia” For Controversial Allocations In 2016 Budget. / Okorocha To Pay N5m To Anybody That Helps In The Rearrest Of 'Vampire'(photos) / Ondo Militants Surrender Their Weapons To Akeredolu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.