Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Divorce Or Polygamy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Divorce Or Polygamy? (993 Views)

Poll: Being Divorced Or Being In A Polygamous Marriage:

Divorce: 100% (2 votes)
Polygamy: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

A Nairalander wishes to embrace Polygamy, Please advise. / Can You Stop Or Avoid A Broken Marriage , Divorce Or Relationship From Coming Y / Advantages Of Polygamy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce Or Polygamy? by 2dye4(m): 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2007
i got a lady friend who's in this hazey dilema, she's been married for 3 years and got a kid and now the hubby wants to bring in another woman frm space and she just can't handle it and says she'd rather be divorced and free than share with another woman. guys, which do u think is worse, divorce or polygamy?
Re: Divorce Or Polygamy? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2007
as much as i don't support either. i would advice her to do whatever she thinks she would be comfortable with. undecided sad
Re: Divorce Or Polygamy? by Seun(m): 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2007
Tell her to always use a condom when having sex with her "husband".
Oh, and next time she should choose her husband properly. What a husband.

Oh, I forgot about the question. Well, divorce (and remarriage) is better for the child.
Re: Divorce Or Polygamy? by ima1(f): 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2007
i agree with her, i'd rather be single than share my husband with another woman
Re: Divorce Or Polygamy? by rachiwise(f): 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2007
@Ima 1
U r right girl!!!
y do some men have the freedom to bring in another woman into their matrimonial home anyhow.
God help us women o!!!
Divorce would be great,but painful considering all u must have put into the marriage but abeg ooo.i cant imagine staying with an unfaithful husband.Even condom no dey 100% oooooooooo
Re: Divorce Or Polygamy? by Ndipe(m): 11:35pm On Sep 23, 2007
If she is a Christian, she shouldnt live in a polygamous home.
Re: Divorce Or Polygamy? by afrodixie: 1:01am On Sep 24, 2007
Definitely polygamy! Less expensive and does not need much effort put into it.  Just happens naturally in "African" culture anyway.--Cannot be avoided.

Besides, I will rather sleep with a polygamous man than a monagomous woman! cool
Re: Divorce Or Polygamy? by sanrima(f): 8:18am On Sep 24, 2007
well this is a hard one! i will advise she stay put in the marriage because of the child although it will not be easy because of the competition but she can always count on god. moreover marriage is for better for worse. if she divorces her spouse and goes on to remarry wat guarantee does she have that the new husband may not also turn around and cheat on her? her best shot is to go to god now on bended knees cos he is the only one dat can save her marriage now by changing her hubby,s mind and thinking.
Re: Divorce Or Polygamy? by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 24, 2007
In her shoes, I'd rather be divorced.

Not into the polygamous thing at all.
Re: Divorce Or Polygamy? by 2dye4(m): 10:24am On Sep 24, 2007
thnks guys 4 your take on this,

Ndipe:

If she is a Christian, she shouldnt live in a polygamous home.

she is a christain, i think that question should apply to the man for wanting to bring in another woman.

Seun:

Tell her to always use a condom when having sex with her "husband".
Oh, and next time she should choose her husband properly. What a husband.

Oh, I forgot about the question. Well, divorce (and remarriage) is better for the child.

@seun: its not written on the head that u'd someday become inadequate for a guy. and condoms, ,it doesnt solve half the issue

i dnt knw about either of the two (polygamy or divorce). they both sound really bad and difficult. but she says she can handle divorce better:her reasons,

-she's comfortable (runs her own travel agency)
-she's still attractive and can find other suitors in the possible future
-her family supports her decision to leave should another woman come in
-she can proctect her kid fom the tension and strife in polygamy.   

i don't want to give any advice because u never know how its going to go at the end of the day!

(1) (Reply)

Please Help My Friend Is In Shit / How Can I Build A Standard Relationship? / I Need Ur Help Love Or Soicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.