Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2314616 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2011
Very good game. Lots of positives. We defended as unit and it took a counter attack for City to score.

Frimpong, Coquelin, Miguel, Kos, Chambo, Benayoun, Djorou and even Squillacci all had good games.

The two guys in front need to step up. Chamakh did well holding up play and contributing everywhere else except where we needed him most i.e. in City's box 18! Its becoming increasingly worrying that we struggle to score when RVP isn't playing. Maybe with hindsight we should have played RVP today and benched him against Wigan on Saturday.

Good game overall.

May sound harsh and maybe a bit knee jerk but at the mo, I think we need to recall Bendtner. The only problem is the guy go come dey feel like hero.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 11:02pm On Nov 29, 2011
Trophylessness
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Dgunnerz(m): 11:23pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Trophylessness

Mtcsheeeew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:39pm On Nov 29, 2011
Good but not good enough would be my assessment.

Djourou has shown his terrible regression as a defender. How he left Aguero and was running aimlessly is still a puzzle.

Glad it didn't go to extra time, at least we can focus our energies on ending up in the top 4.

Chamberlain and DEEENCH were class.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 1:02am On Nov 30, 2011
Good job lads, couldn't fault any of the young ones today but Messrs Chamakh and Park should be worried. If Arsene is saying that we were missing something in the final third with no excuse of fatigue e.t.c. while commending the young ones like Coquelin and Frimpong then some heads may roll come January. According to Gazidis, we kept our powder dry and this is now an era of short termism.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 1:47am On Nov 30, 2011
Not sure how true this is but I heard Frimpong tried giving Nasri a shirt that read 'BENCH' and Nasri didn't find it funny at all. Heard one or two punches were thrown in the tunnel, grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 1:52am On Nov 30, 2011
RVP's reaction at Chamakh's miss

RVP: I for score that one nah!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 10:06am On Nov 30, 2011
duduspace:

Good job lads, couldn't fault any of the young ones today but Messrs Chamakh and Park should be worried. If Arsene is saying that we were missing something in the final third with no excuse of fatigue e.t.c. while commending the young ones like Coquelin and Frimpong then some heads may roll come January. According to Gazidis, we kept our powder dry and this is now an era of short termism.

On point!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by v3: 1:02pm On Nov 30, 2011
Woulda loved to see a clip of what went down in the tunnel between Frimpong and Nasri grin

Chambo, Coq and the DEEEENCH man were CLASS cool. Our 'other' options upfront failed to deliver; Chamakh did pretty well holding up play but as ALWAYS the end product was woeful, Park. .had an average game too.

I'm starting to think these players train differently, else they'd have picked up a thing or two from Van P.  undecided

We can only hope RvP remains injury free for a while (end of the season) embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:12pm On Nov 30, 2011
nah, times have changed.

we will definitely buy a striker in january. the days of long term plans for players are over. unless something dramatic happens to chamakh before jan 1 , believe me he will leave and anor striker will come in his place.

bet me on this
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2011
This was the same M0r0n Chamakh Debo was creaming about when he was signed

I remember the striker who doesnt score but makes assist, wins penalties etc rants
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:10pm On Nov 30, 2011
What noise are you making? He was scoring goals and making goals for Arsenal and that's the fact.

He has since struggled, but it doesn't negate that he was very productive in his first 3-4 months.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:27pm On Nov 30, 2011
What was his productvity like in the first 3-4 months?

We told you M0ron Chamakh was a seless striker from day one

it took you 24 full moons to realize that
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by slimshay(m): 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2011
Donkey Horsestradamus, guess you must be feeling like some insightful pundit. Weren't you and Sharon here disgracing yourselves saying RvP was useless and can never score more than 10 league goals in one season?

Oga take dressing.

On to better people jare, if only Arshavin wasn't such defensively deficient, he would have started that match and have been our creative midfielder in the final 3rd. Lovely performances by Kos, Frimpong, Coquelin . . . .infact I just realise I might have to name the whole team.

TEEEENHUTT, soldiers.

Meanwhile, abeg forgive my ignorance o, did Nasri play yesterday? wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 1:30pm On Dec 03, 2011
One team came to war with nuclear warheads, tomahawk missiles (Dzeko,Aguero) another came to war with bottles,cutlass,axe (Park,Chamakh)

As if our inability to score from corners isnt bad enough we now want to start leaking goals from them too. Its all history now! Lets see how it goes today! Wigan have nothing to lose and its important to see how the team reacts to the loss

Back to the match i would like to also add that Chamberlain was kinda playing to the gallery that night.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2011
Wigan   0 - 4  Arsenal.

Arteta 28', Vermaelen 29', Gervinho 61', ''and it's that man again  cheesy ", Van Persie 78'

Good to see different names get on the score sheet.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by PoDeep(m): 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2011
Great game. Great spirit. 3 pts + clean sheet = bliss. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kaypumpin2(m): 6:18pm On Dec 03, 2011
We may never play an easier opponent.

Good victory for the lads after the Carling Cup exit.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 6:40pm On Dec 03, 2011
Another Arsenal media created myth comprehensively debunked. One man team my arse.
Good job lads.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2011
^^^
Take am easy on this your 'bebeto' moves abeg, When Arsenal plays two - three games without RVP and wins, then we can start celebrating. At the moment, we should be worried. So far, RVP has stayed fit and I pray it continues that way all through the season but whether we accept it or not, at the mo, we are too dependent on RVP!

Hopefully, RVP will be benched on Tuesday. Another chance for Chamakh and/or Park to step up

BTW, I see 'myth' has taken the place of 'mantra', grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by codedguy1(m): 7:19pm On Dec 03, 2011
proudly9ja:

^^^
Take am easy on this your 'bebeto' moves abeg, When Arsenal plays two - three games without RVP and wins, then we can start celebrating. At the moment, we should be worried. So far, RVP has stayed fit and I pray it continues that way all through the season but whether we accept it or not, at the mo, we are too dependent on RVP!

Hopefully, RVP will be benched on Tuesday. Another chance for Chamakh and/or Park to step up

@ the bolded. thats very objective.

Because some other people managed to score today is not enough to debunk anything.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2011
proudly9ja:

^^^

Na him i wan tell Bros ooh! Out of 4 goals player score one create two
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2011
I'm happy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2011
^
me three grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2011
me four

wigan away was becoming a bogey fixture
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2011
@Proudly

So you do believe Arsenal is a one man team?  undecided
It's the system we play that puts certain players in such influential positions. We are not excessively dependent on RVP no matter what anyone says.
Give Chamakh as long a rope as Torres has been given and I'm sure he'll get back to the level he was at when he first arrived.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 12:49am On Dec 04, 2011
I don't believe Arsenal is a one man team, Ive said as much before.

I just dont think we should be excited because 4 different players scored today because RVP contributed one way or another to three of those goals.

I am worried. Unlike Chelsea who have Drogba, Sturridge, Anelka and so on to rely on if Torres fumbles and if those ones also mess up, they will splash out in January and bring in a striker at any cost, we know we can't afford that luxury. Sadly too, we can't afford to give Chamakh that long rope you say he needs because we are not in a familiar position on the table. We can only hope he returns from the ANC firing on all cylinders. As it is, we can't even afford to rest RVP if we have intention of winning a game. That's worrying.

Ild like to see us go on a winning run of at least 2 games without RVP (even if its against poorer opposition) before getting excited.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:00am On Dec 04, 2011
like i said, things have changed.
at two goals up u could see wenger still agitating on yhe touchline, before he would be placidly chillin on the bench only to start squatting and jumping at 85th minute.

old things av passed away o. the man has set himself a mission, no chamah or marouane will stop him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by HNIC(m): 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2011
Good win. . .
Very comfortable also. . . and glad to see others on the scoresheet.
Just wondering about TV5. . .can we give RVP a rest and play dude there? grin grin
We have Olympiakos on Tuesday and it may be Chamakh's last chance
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 4:00pm On Dec 04, 2011
Interestig FA cup draws, another Manchester derby and Arsenal to play Leeds utd

Manchester City v Manchester United
Arsenal v Leeds
Tottenham v Cheltenham
Chelsea v Portsmouth
Liverpool v Southend/Oldham
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2011
HNIC:

Good win. . .
Very comfortable also. . . and glad to see others on the scoresheet.
Just wondering about TV5. . .can we give RVP a rest and play dude there? grin grin
We have Olympiakos on Tuesday and it may be Chamakh's last chance
Olorun na im i just wan talk! He's scored 3 goals already in the league and you know he would score more lol

I think the entire first team should be rested for the final fixture as it is a thoroughly meaningless one! Let the Chamberlain's,Park's,Miquel's have a shot of the limelight
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2011
Good win, let's hope this is a sign of things to come (other players scoring).

Yes we're reliant on RVP for goals, but that's his job - to score goals. I hope others contribute more but there's no point complaining when we are utilising the form of a player efficiently.

As for Park and Chamakh, I'm sure Park at least will pick up - you don't play 3-4 games and expect wonders. We will need to give him more games and that's the reality of things.

Good thing we have an 'easier' FA cup draw this time - hopefully another opportunity to use Park and Chamakh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Kenny242(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.