Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2316317 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (3490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2012
Pataki: Interesting to see how this discussion has gone thus far.
@ coogar,
You are obviously seeing the obvious, but obviously ignoring the fact. Arsenal DOES NOT have the financial strength on a long term basis to keep players on the ridiculous salary structures that ManU, ManCity, Chelsea pay some of their overrated players. This is the main trigger to which these players leave for other clubs. It has nothing to do with your so-called wack Wenger's man-management. If you choose not to accept that fact, fine.

officer pataki, don't let wenger pull the wool over your eyes that arsenal don't have the financial clout to pay world class wages....kindly peruse this piece below and see where arsenal rank in europe in terms of revenue/income....

http://swissramble..co.uk/2012/02/arsenals-mystery-dance.html?m=1
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2012
Pataki:

What are these man-management skills you would have required of Arsene/Arsenal to have done in this case? Song did not refute the fact he wanted a change to his contract and salary. A player who was not satisfied with his contract, and kept on insisting for a change to his contract over and over again, is certainly bound to become unruly and display acts of indiscipline either on the field or off-the field.

When you talk of man-management skills, where do you place the likes of ManCity who have the likes of Balotelli and Tevez? If Arsenal had those kind of players in their team, would you also rate Wenger to have wack man-management skills? The likes of Tevez would have personally walked away from ManCity had it not been for the ridiculous salary wage he is on.

Let us be real here - money talks in modern day football. Rather unfortunately, it has become ridiculous these days.

[size=14pt] Apart from the Cologne game where he wasn't at his best, which could have been for any other reason, I didn't notice any act of on-field indiscipline displayed by Song during the past season when he was supposedly asking for a new contract, rather he played his heart out from my POV. He didn't refuse to play for the club like Tevez did or threaten to score an OG like Gallas. He had more than a year to run and Arsenal couldn't possibly have been in the 1-year-to-go hostage situation.
Apart from the monetary aspect Balotelli and Tevez have been well managed and their heads have calmed down a bit, besides, Song's reported indiscipline was not at the level displayed by those two.
[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2012
coogar:

officer pataki, don't let wenger pull the wool over your eyes that arsenal don't have the financial clout to pay world class wages....kindly peruse this piece below and see where arsenal rank in europe in terms of revenue/income....

http://swissramble..co.uk/2012/02/arsenals-mystery-dance.html?m=1

Thanks for the weblink, you just shot yourself in the foot with that link you displayed. Taking quotes from the article, would do further justice to my point of view. Here goes:

On the face of it, Arsenal do not have a revenue problem, as they enjoy the fifth highest revenue in Europe according to the Deloitte Money League. In England, it is only surpassed by Manchester United’s £331 million and is way ahead of Liverpool £184 million, Tottenham £164 million and Manchester City £153 million.

However, the problem is that the gap to the top four clubs is widening, though that is partly due to exchange rate movements. The Spanish giants, Real Madrid and Barcelona, generate around £200 million more than Arsenal at £433 million and £407 million respectively. Similarly, Manchester United earn over £100 million more with £331 million, while Bayern Munich’s revenue of £290 million is a handy £60 million higher.

Earlier on, this was stated:

Eyebrows were further raised when the club proudly announced a thumping great profit of £49.5m for the interim accounts (covering the six months up to 30 November 2011), which was £55.6 million better than the £6.1 million loss reported a year ago, though all of the improvement was effectively due to the significantly higher profit on player sales, which increased by £59 million from £4 million to £63 million (primarily Fàbregas, Nasri and Gaël Clichy).

Although turnover from football was up an impressive 16% (or £16 million) from £98 million to £114 million, this growth was eaten up by an increase in squad investment with wages up £8 million and player amortisation £7 million higher.

I further maintain my point, we do not have the financial capacity to compete with the ridiculous salary wages of some of these clubs. According to sources, Cazorla is the only Arsenal player on a £120,000 weekly salary pay. And that is the highest Arsenal can go for. tongue

Kay-Dee:

[size=14pt] Apart from the Cologne game where he wasn't at his best, which could have been for any other reason, I didn't notice any act of on-field indiscipline displayed by Song during the past season when he was supposedly asking for a new contract, rather he played his heart out from my POV. He didn't refuse to play for the club like Tevez did or threaten to score an OG like Gallas. He had more than a year to run and Arsenal couldn't possibly have been in the 1-year-to-go hostage situation.
Apart from the monetary aspect Balotelli and Tevez have been well managed and their heads have calmed down a bit, besides, Song's reported indiscipline was not at the level displayed by those two.
[/size]

I don't understand your point though, keep a player who exhumes unruly behavior in the name of showing good man-management skills?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2012
Pataki:
Thanks for the weblink, you just shot yourself in the foot with that link you displayed. Taking quotes from the article, would do further justice to my point of view. Here goes:

you are the one shooting yourself in the foot! all the clubs mentioned in that excerpt you cut out are all richer than arsenal so we can't raise eyebrows that madrid, barcelona or man utd spend more than arsenal - but in a situation where tottenham, liverpool, newcastle and sunderland, etc all have a higher nett spend than arsenal is a disgrace!!!

I further maintain my point, we do not have the financial capacity to compete with the ridiculous salary wages of some of these clubs. According to sources, Cazorla is the only Arsenal player on a £120,000 weekly salary pay. And that is the highest Arsenal can go for. tongue

how can that be the highest arsenal can go? do you really believe in this? don't be surprised when arsenal declare another profit of £60m in their yearly statement of account after lying to the fans during the transfer window that there's no money in the bank! look at arsenal's rank on the table and compare it to the quality of players they tend to attract - its a total mismatch! as the article said, arsenal don't have a revenue problem but some blood sucking executives at the board would rather pocket the income than invest on world class players!

swiss rambler said:
There are clearly issues with Arsenal’s equitable wage structure, which means that the best players like Robin Van Persie are not particularly well remunerated (by modern standards), while fringe players like Abou Diaby, Marouane Chamakh and Manuel Almunia are handsomely rewarded for their efforts. This was epitomised recently by Johan Djourou’s new £50,000 a week contract, which seemed more in recognition of his frequent interviews with Arsenal.com than his defensive ability.

Not only does this policy reduce the money available to attract world-class players, but it also makes it difficult to move on under-performers, hence loans for Bendtner and Denilson. While there is some logic in giving youngsters good contracts, as it prevents other clubs from snapping them up for free, it is questionable whether this has worked out for Arsenal, given the relatively small number of success stories. My hope would be that one of Arsenal’s smart executives is conducting a review of whether this approach is the most appropriate in 2012.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 6:45pm On Sep 04, 2012
coogar:

you are the one shooting yourself in the foot! all the clubs mentioned in that excerpt you cut out are all richer than arsenal so we can't raise eyebrows that madrid, barcelona or man utd spend more than arsenal - but in a situation where tottenham, liverpool, newcastle and sunderland, etc all have a higher nett spend than arsenal is a disgrace!!!

how can that be the highest arsenal can go? do you really believe in this? don't be surprised when arsenal declare another profit of £60m in their yearly statement of account after lying to the fans during the transfer window that there's no money in the bank! look at arsenal's rank on the table and compare it to the quality of players they tend to attract - its a total mismatch! as the article said, arsenal don't have a revenue problem but some blood sucking executives at the board would rather pocket the income than invest on world class players!

swiss rambler said:
There are clearly issues with Arsenal’s equitable wage structure, which means that the best players like Robin Van Persie are not particularly well remunerated (by modern standards), while fringe players like Abou Diaby, Marouane Chamakh and Manuel Almunia are handsomely rewarded for their efforts. This was epitomised recently by Johan Djourou’s new £50,000 a week contract, which seemed more in recognition of his frequent interviews with Arsenal.com than his defensive ability.

Not only does this policy reduce the money available to attract world-class players, but it also makes it difficult to move on under-performers, hence loans for Bendtner and Denilson. While there is some logic in giving youngsters good contracts, as it prevents other clubs from snapping them up for free, it is questionable whether this has worked out for Arsenal, given the relatively small number of success stories. My hope would be that one of Arsenal’s smart executives is conducting a review of whether this approach is the most appropriate in 2012.

LOL. You are really shooting yourself in foot man!

1. You are the person who mentioned Arsenal is no 4 richest club in Europe. The article stated that Arsenal is no 5. My earlier argument had been that we cannot compete with the likes of ManCity, ManU and Chelsea in terms of ridiculous salary structures. You thereafter went ahead to cite that article, and I proved my point further with the same article cited. Now, in trying to prove your point, you refer to the likes Tottenham, Liverpool, Newcastle and Sunderland. Pleaseeeeeee, all these clubs CONTINUALLY look at us higher up on the table even with some of the ridiculous salary payments that they have! They are a bunch of disgrace if they think paying ridiculous wages would ensure they rise to the quality and standard that Arsenal projects!

2. Abou Diaby is a fringe player? Shows the value of the article you are even citing!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2012
Pataki:

LOL. You are really shooting yourself in foot man!

1. You are the person who mentioned Arsenal is no 4 richest club in Europe. The article stated that Arsenal is no 5. My earlier argument had been that we cannot compete with the likes of ManCity, ManU and Chelsea in terms of ridiculous salary structures. You thereafter went ahead to cite that article, and I proved my point further with the same article cited. Now, in trying to prove your point, you refer to the likes Tottenham, Liverpool, Newcastle and Sunderland. Pleaseeeeeee, all these clubs CONTINUALLY look at us higher up on the table even with some of the ridiculous salary payments that they have! They are a bunch of disgrace if they think paying ridiculous wages would ensure they rise to the quality and standard that Arsenal projects!

nah - arsenal are the disgrace for paying peanuts to the players who are superior to the players of newcastle, sunderland, liverpool, etc. of course, arsenal always finish above these teams but that's because of the managerial stability @ the emirates! this is wenger's 16th year @ arsenal - the club has always been a top 4 team in england so its not easy to knock them off that position by the minnows.

having said that, arsenal continue to drift further away from the league title than they were 7 years ago. remember the time there was no daylight between arsenal and man utd? when it was hard to choose between fergie and wenger? can you say the same today? so however you look at it, it's arsenal regressing more than the likes of man utd and chelsea progressing! look at the wage bill of arsenal and man utd for example - the difference is peanuts and yet, united continue to win titles whilst arsenal have not won a penny since 2005!

2. Abou Diaby is a fringe player? Shows the value of the article you are even citing!!!

when has diaby ever been a first team player? as @ the time this article was written, wilshere and song were the first choice!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chic2pimp(m): 7:39pm On Sep 04, 2012
debosky:

Man management skills or £250k per week? cheesy

Money talks my friend! If Wenger could pay wages like that, most of those players (starting from the car swerving Ca$hley) would have reconsidered leaving.

The European Cup says Hi

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2012
I think Song actually worth much more than what he was earning. Arsenal should have negotiated with his agent.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 1:11am On Sep 05, 2012
What do you guys think about Cesc's "potential" return to Arsenal?

As it is, he is not happy at Barcelona and the current coach doesn't see him as a main part of the first team. Arsenal have first refusal or 50% on any sell on deal. There's also the possibility of loaning him in January.

Would he fit into the current midfield especially with Jack and Rosiky returning soon?

Cesc's recent interview:

I don’t think any player likes to be substitute. I can’t say I like to be on the bench. If I’m not in a good mood I don’t show it to my teammates nor to the coach, I keep that for myself. Everyone likes to be playing big minutes during the season. I’ve always said that I am in the best team in the world, I came here to compete, learn and have fun, not to rack my brain. I’m happy to be a part of that team, if the coach tells me that I have to leave the club, I’ll leave, but I’ll fight for my position. I’ll continue to work hard in order to get a starting position regularly. I came to Barça in order to end my career here. I feel as good as I ever have. In the training sessions I come before anyone else and leave after everyone. I try to be as friendly as possible,in the good and in the bad times. I’m very happy with myself, happy to be playing football. I’m in great shape physically, I just lost 4kg (8.8 lb).

Regarding last game against Valencia, Cesc says he didn’t heard the boos and insists he is happy with his performance.

I still think I did a good job. I felt very comfortable playing alongside Xavi, Messi and Song. I came home happy after the game. Of course, I had a great chance to score a goal. I wish I would have made it but I want to remain positive. I was surprised when I got aware of it [the boos], I didn’t notice it during the game to be honest. The coach knows what I can bring on the pitch. In the 3 positions I can play I’m in competition with the 3 best in the world.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 1:29am On Sep 05, 2012
I hate to be the one to bring this piece of info to you guys but guess who's training with our team?

Silvestre!!! And he's available too wink cheesy

Hopefully, he's ONLY training with the team. Wenger don't get ideas o!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 7:10am On Sep 05, 2012
proudly9ja: I hate to be the one to bring this piece of info to you guys but guess who's training with our team?

God forbid bad thing. God punish the devil. Anybody that want to bring backwardness to Arsenal will be destroyed in Jesus' name
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:27am On Sep 05, 2012
proudly9ja: I hate to be the one to bring this piece of info to you guys but guess who's training with our team?

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:20am On Sep 05, 2012
Coogar, acording to your links at best arsenal made a profit of 60 million BECAUSE OF INCOME FROM PLAYER SALES.

without selling those players how much would this profit be?

now if arsenal were to pay these players man city type wages, how many of them would be earning close to 10 million PA?

if for example we paid van persie 250, song 150, walcott 120, cazorla 120, koscielny 130, sagna 120, et etc etc etc do you know that the wages of the first eleven would be more than the present overall wage bill for 30 squad players and youth teams?

add the wages of the remaining players.

are you now suggesting that arsenal should borrow money annually to pay wages? at least you can see the difference in income with say manutd. there is no oil well to spend from.

where also will the money to buy players come from since we have spent the entire profits, and even borrowed money to pay wages, borrow more money? where will the money to repay the loans come from?

i know you are taking the piss sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:21am On Sep 05, 2012
fact is, is even if the board and owners give up their profits and plough it into wages, arsenal still cannot pay players 250k p/w

the koko is the club needs to step up the revenue generation drastically. that is the crux of the problem.

in the absence of a sugar daddy, that is the next step.

as for comparisons with clubs like tottenham, i hope you also realize those clubs are not repaying loans for their stadiums, dont have as much expenses as arsenal, do not have facilities as big and extensive as arsenal, do not have a setup as big as arsenal.

you keep citing gate takings, i guess you are unaware that a percentage of the gate takings go directly into the loans servicing?
that stadium that you get the takings from will not get maintained?

i don't get, do you think the only thing the club spends money on is kicking football? are you aware of the medical project arsenal built in the last 4 years? the training facilities? the youth setup? the coaching, the scouts etc etc etc?

your club has just started renovating carrington btw. its not free

arsenal has locked in commercial deals that are seriously cramping the club, but thats the price for the shiny new stadium and those gate takings you cite. even common shirt deals, the top 6 clubs in the prem earn more than arsenal from short deals
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 10:24am On Sep 05, 2012
4llerbuntu: Coogar, acording to your links at best arsenal made a profit of 60 million BECAUSE OF INCOME FROM PLAYER SALES.

without selling those players how much would this profit be?

now if arsenal were to pay these players man city type wages, how many of them would be earning close to 10 million PA?

if for example we paid van persie 250, song 150, walcott 120, cazorla 120, koscielny 130, sagna 120, et etc etc etc do you know that the wages of the first eleven would be more than the present overall wage bill for 30 squad players and youth teams?

add the wages of the remaining players.

are you now suggesting that arsenal should borrow money annually to pay wages? at least you can see the difference in income with say manutd. there is no oil well to spend from.

where also will the money to buy players come from since we have spent the entire profits, and even borrowed money to pay wages, borrow more money? where will the money to repay the loans come from?

i know you are taking the piss sha.

why don't you show some wisdom when you type?
like the article said, arsenal wrongly renumerate their players. mediocre players get overpaid and the top quality players get underpaid and this is another evidence that wenger's man management is nothing to write home about! as it is, you have plenty of useless players who cannot be sold because no one is willing to pay the astronomical wages they are used to @ arsenal! djourou on £50k beggars belief - at best he should be on £15k and so are bendtner, gibbs, etc! if you free up funds at the bottom, then finds would be available to cater for the top players!

4llerbuntu: fact is, is even if the board and owners give up their profits and plough it into wages, arsenal still cannot pay players 250k p/w

the koko is the club needs to step up the revenue generation drastically. that is the crux of the problem. in the absence of a sugar daddy, that is the next step.

spurs and man utd have no sugar daddies and they are doing very well.

as for comparisons with clubs like tottenham, i hope you also realize those clubs are not repaying loans for their stadiums, dont have as much expenses as arsenal, do not have facilities as big and extensive as arsenal, do not have a setup as big as arsenal.

which idiotic loans are you talking about? is the repayment more than united's loan repayment for the glazer debt? how much is arsenal's debt now that it cant be frozen for now and invest on the pitch?

you keep citing gate takings, i guess you are unaware that a percentage of the gate takings go directly into the loans servicing? that stadium that you get the takings from will not get maintained?

I cited that because arsenal make the 2nd highest in the premier league - so there's no excuse for the fans to be fed with mediocre players. there's merchandise and mouth-licking tv deals to boot - where's all the money gone?

i don't get, do you think the only thing the club spends money on is kicking football? are you aware of the medical project arsenal built in the last 4 years? the training facilities? the youth setup? the coaching, the scouts etc etc etc?your club has just started renovating carrington btw. its not free

teaspoon out of the ocean!

arsenal has locked in commercial deals that are seriously cramping the club, but thats the price for the shiny new stadium and those gate takings you cite. even common shirt deals, the top 6 clubs in the prem earn more than arsenal from short deals

it seems you don't get the drift....
the difference between the wage bill of arsenal and man utd is negligible - yet, united can boast of top quality players like rooney, berbatov, young, valencia, vidic, rio, de gea, etc while arsenal could only boast of van persie!!!! so who's mopping up the player wage bill @ arsenal if not the army of mediocre players you overpay?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 10:53am On Sep 05, 2012
coogar: like the article said, arsenal wrongly renumerate their players. mediocre players get overpaid and the top quality players get underpaid

How much is Welbeck on now? I'm sure Bendtner is a better footballer! cheesy

the difference between the wage bill of arsenal and man utd is negligible

25-35m negligible?

yet, united can boast of top quality players like rooney, berbatov, young, valencia, vidic, rio, de gea, etc while arsenal could only boast of van persie!!!!

Hahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 11:02am On Sep 05, 2012
ritchboy:
How much is Welbeck on now? I'm sure Bendtner is a better footballer! cheesy

welbeck is a better footballer than bendtner - i can prove it!

25-35m negligible?

its much lower than that - the united wage bill included winning bonus, etc....the difference is not up to 15 million! united have won 4 league titles, 1 champs league, 3 champs league finals and various domestic cups in the last 7 yrs. are you saying a miserable £15m is the difference between united's success and arsenal's drought? really?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 11:15am On Sep 05, 2012
coogar:

welbeck is a better footballer than bendtner - i can prove it!

Go ahead!

its much lower than that - the united wage bill included winning bonus, etc....the difference is not up to 15 million! united have won 4 league titles, 1 champs league, 3 champs league finals and various domestic cups in the last 7 yrs. are you saying a miserable £15m is the difference between united's success and arsenal's drought? really?

Stop lying Coogar, it's more than 15m.

Of course you also have to consider the fact United have smashed Arsenal's record transfer fee like 15 times in that period alone.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 11:16am On Sep 05, 2012
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 11:52am On Sep 05, 2012
ritchboy:
Go ahead!

2011/12
welbeck - 9 goals + 5 assists in 23 starts
bendtner - 8 goals + 5 assists in 25 starts

2010/11
welbeck - 6 goals + 1 assist in 26 games
bendtner - 2 goals + 3 assists in 22 games

Stop lying Coogar, it's more than 15m.

it's not more than that.....

Of course you also have to consider the fact United have smashed Arsenal's record transfer fee like 15 times in that period alone.

transfer fees have nothing to do with wage bill. the selling club gets the transfer fees, the player get the wages! i reiterate, why is the difference between the wage bill of both clubs negligible and united have more quality in their squad than arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kcjazz(m): 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2012
coogar:

transfer fees have nothing to do with wage bill. the selling club gets the transfer fees, the player get the wages! i reiterate, why is the difference between the wage bill of both clubs negligible and united have more quality in their squad than arsenal?

The total wages that appear on the balance sheet is different from that of the playing personnel. So, AFC wages in a balance sheet includes administrative, coaching, academy and professional player wages. So if AFC has 10 more u18 pros (which is possible due to its vast scouting network and kiddie investment) than MUFC it will surely add up and close the gap. The real difference is to look at the 25 man squad and compare their wages. That number is more than 15 million.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2012
coogar:

This is poppycock - if the wage bill difference is £35m - that is the equivalent of 3 Rooneys or 3 Ronaldos being paid £250k, or 6 Nasris being paid £120k.

For anyone to say that is not a difference is patent idiocy.

Tell me what percentage of Utd's wage bill is winning bonus and don't make any silly reductions to support your weak argument. Who told you that Arsenal's contracts don't have bonuses for CL qualification/top 4 finish?

Besides, United is not the only club in existence - Citeh and Chelski are also spending ridiculous amounts on wages as well, which DIRECTLY weaken Arsenal's squad as reflected by the number of ex Arsenal players at Citeh - Clichy, Nasri, Adebayor (recently left) and Kolo Toure. That is nearly half a first team side there.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 4:19pm On Sep 05, 2012
debosky:
This is poppycock - if the wage bill difference is £35m - that is the equivalent of 3 Rooneys or 3 Ronaldos being paid £250k, or 6 Nasris being paid £120k.

debosky, the wage bill difference is not £35m - don't pluck out stats from your rectum to sound relevant! even when the difference was £3m in 2009, united were winning back to back titles and appearing in the finals of the champions league!!!

Tell me what percentage of Utd's wage bill is winning bonus and don't make any silly reductions to support your weak argument. Who told you that Arsenal's contracts don't have bonuses for CL qualification/top 4 finish?

as much as that of united who have won 4 league titles in the past 6 seasons and have appeared 3 times in the final of elite europe? debosky, you are a goat!!

Besides, United is not the only club in existence - Citeh and Chelski are also spending ridiculous amounts on wages as well, which DIRECTLY weaken Arsenal's squad as reflected by the number of ex Arsenal players at Citeh - Clichy, Nasri, Adebayor (recently left) and Kolo Toure. That is nearly half a first team side there.

if the arsenal players were well renumerated, they wouldn't need to go elsewhere to collect more money. you make it sound like city have always had money to spend. they didn't start spending ridiculous money until january 2010. they missed the entire transfer window in the summer of 2009 cos the takeover of the abu dhabi was on the last day and they could only sign robinho! where were arsenal between 2005-2009?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 7:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
coogar:

debosky, the wage bill difference is not £35m - don't pluck out stats from your rectum to sound relevant! even when the difference was £3m in 2009, united were winning back to back titles and appearing in the finals of the champions league!!!

I never said the wage bill difference was £35m, I said if it was £35m.

In 2010/11, the difference was £29m (3 Ronaldos), in 2009/10 it was £21m (2+ Ronaldos), in 2008/09 it was £19m (2 Ronaldos).

if the arsenal players were well renumerated, they wouldn't need to go elsewhere to collect more money. you make it sound like city have always had money to spend. they didn't start spending ridiculous money until january 2010. they missed the entire transfer window in the summer of 2009 cos the takeover of the abu dhabi was on the last day and they could only sign robinho! where were arsenal between 2005-2009?

Do the words Chelsea or building-a-stadium-with-reduced-funds-for-transfer mean anything to you? Even in that period, we could have won the CL final if not for the sending off of Lehmann.

The fact is, we CANNOT remunerate players with an extra £20m every season the way United do - why? Because our turnover is smaller.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2012

abeg oooo angry even training with the team sef na badluck angry

angry angry angry angry

we all know how wenger loves giving chances angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
debosky:
I never said the wage bill difference was £35m, I said if it was £35m.

you need blood tonic, debo!

In 2010/11, the difference was £29m (3 Ronaldos), in 2009/10 it was £21m (2+ Ronaldos), in 2008/09 it was £19m (2 Ronaldos).

what was the wage bill in 07/08? the last time arsenal made a meaningful challenge to win the league title? it was £3m. that was the man utd squad that won the european double minus louis saha! arsenal had a very strong squad then that they could have kept with few additions - but what happened? your gaffer took the team apart by selling and making profit on player transfer!

Do the words Chelsea or building-a-stadium-with-reduced-funds-for-transfer mean anything to you? Even in that period, we could have won the CL final if not for the sending off of Lehmann.

leave the champions league out of it - many of the teams you are competing with had vast amount of money to spend on quality players! i don't expect arsenal to win in europe cos it's harder to win. chelsea with their bottomless wealth waited 9yrs to win it so let's concentrate on the domestic titles where only united and chelsea were your rivals.

The fact is, we CANNOT remunerate players with an extra £20m every season the way United do - why? Because our turnover is smaller.

turnover is smaller? the players you sold @ a profit, did your manager reinvest the proceeds or kept it for himself and the members of the board? wenger was earning £2m more than fergie per annum with nothing to show for it.

arsenal fc is like a typical naija church with a rogue pastor(wenger/the board)! he(wenger) cajoles church members(fans) to pay tithes(season tickets) and receive miracles(titles)....only for the board to eat the revenue and deliver nothing at the end of the season!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
coogar:
turnover is smaller? the players you sold @ a profit, did your manager reinvest the proceeds or kept it for himself and the members of the board? wenger was earning £2m more than fergie per annum with nothing to show for it.

Proceeds from player sales are included in the turnover - even with their inclusion, United STILL has a higher turnover. You can twist and turn as you like, that remains the fact. With regards to whether the funds are kept for 'himself', the funds are in the club accounts and do not go to any board members or owners as Arsenal does not pay dividends. Any funds generated have been reinvested or are currently held by the club.

You can question whether we are holding too much cash or too little, but even if we held £100m, to bridge the current £29m gap, it would only last 3 years - what happens after that?

Wenger being paid £2m extra is irrelevant - all that can get you if spent on a player is a Djourou for a year. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19503848

THIS!!!!! the show goes on. candidate to leave next year. that makes 2 of em confirmed. walcott and sagna grin grin grin

some peoples go get HBP oooooo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 6:36pm On Sep 06, 2012
Sagna has always spoken out about the way we handle our transfers, so this is nothing new.

Arsenal fans are not happy about losing their best players either, which is exactly what he said. I would be worried if Arsenal players saw ex-players winning trophies and that didn't make them want to win trophies themselves.

As for extending his contract, Sagna is 29 with 2 years left on his deal - that's exactly where I expect a 29 year old to be.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by norrisman: 5:54am On Sep 07, 2012
Before the start of the season, the glory hunting fans were asking for a clearout of non marquee players like Djourou, Bendtner, Diaby e.t.c Imagine if Arsene went ahead and extended Diaby's contract by 2 years to 2016, the GH fans would have said stuff like sell that injury prone useless player and pay Van P€r$i€ wages with the savings.

Now Diaby has started the season well and if (touch wood) he manages to stay fit and has an amazing season and becomes the darling of other clubs, the same moronic GH fans who asked for him to be sold will start asking why Arsenal let his contract run to within 1 year of expiry.

These GH fans that critisize the board couldnt run a sweet shop profitably in a school for rich kids let alone a complex multimillion pound business like a football club.

Just because Arsenal declare a profit doesnt mean the shareholders pocket all the profit but hey even if they did, I'd not hold it agagainst them. Afterall they put their money where their mouth is.

It is obvious the owners and custodians of AFC have the best interest of the club in mind otherwise Arsenal wouldnt have a world class training facility at London Colney, a mordern stadium and one of the best football academies in the country.

Arsenal can not pay Man City or Chelsea wages. People want Djourou to get £15,000 but V. Persie to get £250,000 yet play in the same team. I wonder how many people would continue working for an organisation where their peers doing the same job are paid 15 times better than them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (3490) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.