Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,935 members, 7,838,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2340790 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3503) (3504) (3505) (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) ... (3532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:46am On May 13
AdisaOwala:

l am sure nobody sincerely meant that baba....

If anything at all, the "criticism" stems majorly from the disappointment of "being so close, yet missing out again", under similar circumstances that the manager somewhat had control over.

Again, the way y'all are so quick to bring in Pep into every discussion as some form of "consolation" is worrisome tbh. Big clubs with champions mentality do not care if the rival manager is a Pep+Ancelotti+Fergie clone - all that matters most is winning.

If the takes were in the form of "Ah, We should have won this. Hope Arteta has learnt his lessons. We go again next season", perhaps there wouldn't be so much backlash.

Arteta has done well at the club - I am not sure anybody is disputing this or sincerely calling for him to be sacked. However, if y'all are to be champions, some sentiments gotta be put aside and issues gotta be addressed, especially those that seem to be repetitive.

On a final note, God go punish that bald fraud Bin Laden for making me come to Arsenal thread to dey sympathize with una angry

You've certainly not been following this thread well enough with that bolded you said

Anyways God bless Ten Hag. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:56am On May 13
AdisaOwala:

I am sure nobody sincerely meant that baba....

If anything at all, the "criticism" stems majorly from the disappointment of "being so close, yet missing out again", under similar circumstances that the manager somewhat had control over.

Again, the way y'all are so quick to bring in Pep into every discussion as some form of "consolation" is worrisome tbh. Big clubs with champions mentality do not care if the rival manager is a Pep+Ancelotti+Fergie clone - all that matters most is winning.

If the takes were in the form of "Ah, We should have won this. Hope Arteta has learnt his lessons. We go again next season", perhaps there wouldn't be so much backlash.

Arteta has done well at the club - I am not sure anybody is disputing this or sincerely calling for him to be sacked. However, if y'all are to be champions, some sentiments gotta be put aside and issues gotta be addressed, especially those that seem to be repetitive.

On a final note, God go punish that bald fraud Bin Laden for making me come to Arsenal thread to dey sympathize with una angry

Oga u are jumping into a conversation u don’t know its origin.

For the past 3 weeks or thereabouts we’ve been reading about how Arteta should be shown the way out if he fails to win the league or rather “ if he bottles the league “

We’ve been asking the proponents of these arguments who they suggest should take over from Arteta if the club management decides to take such unreasonable decision and nobody has been able to come up with a name that is convincing enough.

We’ve even given example of how ur own club has gone from appointing one bad manager to another while spending heavily while at it as a caution but they won’t have it.

U are saying we are using Pep as consolation but we’ve asked u and others to name coaches u know that have successfully dragged the league with Pep in the last few years but all heard in return is a deafening silence . To sack coach no be issue , getting a replacement is . Chelsea sacked Tuchel and replaced him with Harry Porter see where that has led them .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:00am On May 13
BlueRayDick:
Arteta-led Arsenal team is on course to finish the season with 89 points; the second best points haul in the history of the club…… like second behind the invincibles’ 90 points.

But all we are reading here is that Arteta bottled the league and needs to be shown the way out despite dragging the EPL title with Pep till the last day of the season.

One lesson I’m taking away from all these is that if people no like; dem no like u. They would always amplify your inadequacies while ignoring the positives u possess . It is understand if rival fans troll us with usual trophy-less banters , but for an Arsenal fan who watched Arsenal win 27 EPL games out of 37 this season trolling the manager who did that ?

Omo!

I’m just glad that those making decisions at the club are people who don’t make decisions on emotional impulse but rather on measuring progress made by the manager
I've always been saying the bolded. I would understand if it's rival fans that are saying all these things and bantering us "trophiless" and bla bla. I understand. They're called "rivals" for a reason.

But for some of our fans to not be understanding seeing where we came from, watching our games and seeing the improvement almost all round and seeing that we're on the ascendancy and still been overly critical like this is what I'm failing to grasp.

It's not as if we're at our peak sef or that we aren't improving even as we are
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:05am On May 13
Jodera:

I've always been saying the bolded. I would understand if it's rival fans that are saying all these things and bantering that us "trophiless" and bla bla. I understand. They're called "rivals" for a reason.

But for some of our fans to not be understanding seeing where we came from, watching our games and seeing the improvement almost all round and seeing that we're on the ascendancy and still been overly critical like this is what I'm failing to grasp.

It's not as if we're at our peak sef or that we aren't improving even as we are

As in…. The same fans that celebrate our wins against all top 6 teams this season o.

The same fans now watch our games with peace of mind.

The same fans who watch us take 4 points out of possible 6 against city this season.

I just can’t wait for them to suggest a coach that will win us 114 out of possible 114 points coming season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AdisaOwala: 8:14am On May 13
BlueRayDick:

Oga u are jumping into a conversation u don’t know its origin.

For the past 3 weeks or thereabouts we’ve been reading about how Arteta should be shown the way out if he fails to win the league or rather “ if he bottles the league “

We’ve been asking the proponents of these arguments who they suggest should take over from Arteta if the club management decides to take such unreasonable decision and nobody has been able to come up with a name that is convincing enough.

We’ve even given example of how ur own club has gone from appointing one bad manager to another while spending heavily while at it as a caution but they won’t have it.

U are saying we are using Pep as consolation but we’ve asked u and others to name coaches u know that have successfully dragged the league with Pep in the last few years but all heard in return is a deafening silence . To sack coach no be issue , getting a replacement is . Chelsea sacked Tuchel and replaced him with Harry Porter see where that has led them .

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:17am On May 13
BlueRayDick:

As in…. The same fans that celebrate our wins against all top 6 teams this season o.

The same fans now watch our games with peace of mind.

The same fans who watch us take 4 points out of possible 6 against city this season.

I just can’t wait for them to suggest a coach that will win us 114 out of possible 114 points coming season.
They can't list any viable name. They just want Arteta to be gone, it doesn't matter if we bring Southgate to replace him

Nothing is as painful as that to be honest.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:17am On May 13
Una go explain tire
Once a bottler always a bottler
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:18am On May 13
Una go wail taya grin cheesy

Five years wailing.

Just ready your Geepee tank grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:38am On May 13
We all love the Progress of the Team and lifting the EPL is our goal this season but sacking Teta is never the answer

#For the Progress of the team
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:56am On May 13
Shegzdave:
We all love the Progress of the Team and lifting the EPL is our goal this season but sacking Teta is never the answer

#For the Progress of the team

Anybody that wants the progress of the team will not ask them to sack Arteta in view of how he has turn around the fortune of the team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:01am On May 13
Same way we should not be using pep as excuse for failure
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:38am On May 13
So these dirty spuds held their lap of appreciation with families in their 2-1 win against burnley
Omo sope otilo shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AdisaOwala: 9:40am On May 13
Spy360:

A student is dragging his professor for two years and you are not compassionate. How many times did Klopp beat Pep in 8years?

We are not giving an excuse for not winning the league against Pep. But we are not also going to sack Arteta for not beating Pep.

If I finish second to Messi or Ronaldo in the Balon Dor stand, I will consider myself world best of the rest.

@Jodera etc, you see the mentality wey we dey talk?

If the manager is thinking like this, how una go win anything?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:49am On May 13
AdisaOwala:

Anyone who finishes Second in his first few competitive years will be happy he did while gunning for the overall best next time.

Once upon a time, Messi and Ronaldo once finished second. When they received their award, they weren't sad but that doesn't mean they won't gun for the top prize next time which they eventually did— and won it consistently.

The Koko is not resting on your laurels because you finished second and that's the mindset Arteta and the team has.

Anybody wey no see the immediate last paragraph that way, na him sabi
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:57am On May 13
AdisaOwala:

You can lie to yourself that you can beat Anthony Joshua and then call it mentality. No it's called stupidity.

While being the best can be the goal, it will start from being second to the best. That's more reasonable and a better mental drive.

If the manager thinks like this then he deserve my respect and has my confidence that he can beat Pep. In reality that is the case. And he did beat Pep twice in the year.

Here is a short clip of Caragher celebrating being joint no 20 best in the world with Ronaldo in 2005

https://youtube.com/shorts/Cceg2czMXoI?si=j4DIYXEPVx1tBvKQ
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AdisaOwala: 10:06am On May 13
Spy360:

You can lie to yourself that you can beat Anthony Joshua and then call it mentality. No it's called stupidity.

While being the best can be the goal, it will start from being second to the best. That's more reasonable and a better mental drive.

If the manager thinks like this then he deserve my respect and has my confidence that he can beat Pep. In reality that is the case. And he did beat Pep twice in the year.

Here is a short clip of Caragher celebrating being joint no 20 best in the world with Ronaldo in 2005

https://youtube.com/shorts/Cceg2czMXoI?si=j4DIYXEPVx1tBvKQ

Una just dey enter inside trap the more grin

Didn't Ole solskjaer have an impressive record vs Pep?

You are even using Jamie fûcking carragher as example to buttress your stand. Lmao

Like I said earlier, the Wenger era has really damaged so many things at the club.

I wish Una speedy recovery grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:34am On May 13
AdisaOwala:

You are even using Jamie fûcking carragher as example to buttress your stand. Lmao

Like I said earlier, the Wenger era has really damaged so many things at the club.

So u would rather we call for the sack of a coach who about to finish the season with our second best point haul in history?

Or we should wear sack cloth and throw ashes on our head in a season we have won record 27 games out of 37?

Where is the logic in that?

Y'all trying so hard to make it seem like we had a Chelsea/Man Utd kinda season.

U know what? I think Man Utd need that speedy recovery prayer more

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AdisaOwala: 10:48am On May 13
BlueRayDick:

So u would rather we call for the sack of a coach who about to finish the season with our second best point haul in history?

Trophy 1

BlueRayDick:

Or we should wear sack cloth and throw ashes on our head in a season we have won record 27 games out of 37?

Trophy 2

In your post, you have confidently celebrated two major trophies that are more important than the PL

Congratulations on the milestone achievement! cheesy

P.S - I never for once advocated for the sack of Arteta....at least for now

Rather, I am saying that unnecessary sentiments gotta be put aside if y'all wanna win the PL.

Playing the "Pep victim" wouldn't help the club bros.

Na PL be this - anything fit happen.

For example, Next season, any club fit just change owners, come assemble the Mbappes, vinicius jnrs, etc of the world

By that time, una go change the narrative to "ah, that team is the best team ever, we are more than happy to play second fiddle"

I hope y'all wouldnt look back and lament bitterly for not winning the league when you had the best chances (last season and the current one).

By that time, na only God knows where una go dey for league table.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 11:20am On May 13
AdisaOwala:

Lol. If you wish us speedy recovery, what will you wish your team? I am so damn sure you people will be happier to be in Arsenal shoes right now, and if we make the mistake of sacking Arteta your team's fans and the remaining 37 teams will celebrate hiring Arteta.

So let us celebrate our second best 'poor mentality' in peace.

Taking minimum of 4 points from all the top 6 teams this season is an achievement that means Arteta has the potential of being better than Pep, he just need to learn not to take the lesser team for granted and hopefully he will get stronger squad like City so that even if Saka or Saliba or Odegaard are not playing we will not drop in quality. City can still win any game even with Haaland or KDB or any other important player not available.

One of our problems right now is that we don't have equally good substitute for some of our key players, so many of them have to play virtually all the games; that need to change so they don't wear out and suffer fatigue... Like they appear in some of the matches, especially Saka, Odegaard and Saliba.

Some may claim I am making excuse for Arteta, but I make same excuse for Klopp... I still believe Klopp is better than Arteta despite Arteta being the better of the 2 in the past 2 seasons... But I believe that Klopp performances dropped because the club did not strengthen the squad adequately and the team suffered when key players got injured with no adequate substitute.

If we had won last season or by any chance win this season, I will still believe it's team improvement+luck cos as at now irrespective of the results, I still rate Pep and Klopp ahead Arteta, but Arteta is the best Work-in-progress manager out there.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 11:40am On May 13
Roland17:

Arsenal have an obligation to pay 27M to Brentford which will be completed at the end of the season. Arsenal can’t pay 27M or have 27M in our books and still have 3M as loan fee, it doesn’t work that way. Incase you are unaware, part of moving the commitment to pay the 27M is hinged on FFP.

Good afternoon nwanne mmadu. The total amount arsenal spent in the summer is around 208 or so, add it with the obligation to pay Raya's fee that where you will get to the 238 I showed you up there. The rice fee isn't yet completed but it was also added there. This thing is easy to understand, don't make it seem so hard.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 11:42am On May 13
Like I keep saying I want to believe and I believe that city will loose against shitty spurs(abeg make e just happen), then winning Everton will be all it takes to end all this Arụmụka. Ndewo

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:45am On May 13
AdisaOwala:

Trophy 1

Trophy 2

In your post, you have confidently celebrated two major trophies that are more important than the PL

Rather, I am saying that unnecessary sentiments gotta be put aside if y'all wanna win the PL.

For example, Next season, any club fit just change owners, come assemble the Mbappes, vinicius jnrs, etc of the world

By that time, una go change the narrative to "ah, that team is the best team ever, we are more than happy to play second fiddle"

I hope y'all wouldnt look back and lament bitterly for not winning the league when you had the best chances (last season and the current one).

All u are doing is grasping at straws and hoping the worse happens to Arsenal in the coming years. I don’tknow when stating facts has turned to “celebrating trophy “

I understand u are a rival fan and it is expected of u to think of the worse about Arsenal .

It is the Arsenal fans who have seen how far we have come under Arteta and still calling for his head that I have issues with.

How is it unnecessary sentiment to state that Arsenal are having like our second best season in EPL history as regards points amassed ? Do u have a problem with facts?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 11:52am On May 13
Even man utd fan follow dey put mouth for wetin he no truely understand, yes we celebrated winning them in their own backyard with their full fans in it because it's been like ages since we did that, even the arsenal teams considered the best found it difficult to do. In as much as man utd isn't in the title race and their form isn't the best right now, they're still Arsenal's greatest rival when it comes to title challenge, at a time that kind of match was the benchmark for who will win the league. Shouting about mentality up and down makes me wonder if he truely understand what winning mentality is all about. If the winning mentality wasn't there would we be here straight up two seasons.... Would we have withstood pressure of not loosing in foes grounds??.... Rada rada up and down like say na him de give people the mentality he's talking about and it doesn't come from believing in yourself

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:53am On May 13
mostob:
A bottler?
😆😆😆😆😆😆😆 Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:01pm On May 13
AdisaOwala:

Trophy 1

Trophy 2

I think you're just always holding the worst case scenario for us. Lol.

If anybody is doing anything and the first thing that comes to my "the worst case scenario" of anything, then I swear, nothing will ever be done.

....but what do I know

Issorait
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:35pm On May 13
Jodera:

If anybody is doing anything and the first thing that comes to my "the worst case scenario" of anything, then I swear, nothing will ever be done.

....but what do I know

Issorait

Number 1 problem he has is that he dislikes Pep. I have seen him constantly downplay Pep's achievements when they do their merry-go-round arguments about Pep's acchievement on Chelsea thread.

The fact that he doesn't rate Pep, it's quite expected that he would also transfer the hate to Arteta who happens to be Pep's protege. That should tell u where he's coming from.

U can see most of the points he's been raising since yesterday lacks objectivity. He comes up with the worse case scenario when talking about Arsenal under Arteta
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:12pm On May 13
I don't care how they do it but they need to create an award for Trossard one way or the other. Man really saved us many times this season.

They should just find one big award for him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:15pm On May 13
germaphobe:
Like I keep saying I want to believe and I believe that city will loose against shitty spurs(abeg make e just happen), then winning Everton will be all it takes to end all this Arụmụka. Ndewo
Everton won't be easy if at all Spurs beat City but I still believe the boys can do it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:17pm On May 13
Jodera:

....but what do I know

Issorait
Apt!

I noticed it yesterday that's why I stopped engaging him. Person wey no Sabi the meaning of 90+ points. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:18pm On May 13
mostob:
I don't care how they do it but they need to create an award for Trossard one way or the other. Man really saved us many times this season.

They should just find one big award for him.
Arsenal POTS is between him and rice
But saliba,raya and saka are serious contender
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AdisaOwala: 1:18pm On May 13
BlueRayDick:

Number 1 problem he has is that he dislikes Pep. I have seen him constantly downplay Pep's achievements when they do their merry-go-round arguments about Pep's acchievement on Chelsea thread.

The fact that he doesn't rate Pep, it's quite expected that he would also transfer the hate to Arteta who happens to be Pep's protege.That should tell u where he's coming from.

U can see most of the points he's been raising since yesterday lacks objectivity. He comes up with the worse case scenario when talking about Arsenal under Arteta

Oh so this is one of the reasons behind y'all's "victims mentality"?

This is why y'all prefer to do rankadede and admit Pep as personal lord and saviour instead of focusing on the available opportunities/improvements that can be utilized to win the league at the expense of the other rival teams, irrespective of how good their manager is?

At this rate, it seems y'all would rather finish 2nd to Pep than win the League with Chelsea/Liverpool as runners up
grin

The situation here is actually worse than the initial prognosis
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:19pm On May 13
mostob:
Everton won't be easy if at all Spurs beat City but I still believe the boys can do it.

If City do mistake beat Spurs, trust me We will batter Everton before the end of first half on Sunday. We will beat them like we did in those matches we won 5-0, 6-0 this season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3503) (3504) (3505) (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) ... (3532) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.