Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,302 members, 7,842,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2345679 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) (3512) ... (3542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:17pm On May 13
germaphobe:
Roland talks about evening squad that reached the finals of europa, but where did we finish with that squad in the league?, Is it not the same squad that he used to almost send us to relegation before he was sacked?....

You guys are so stuck and sensitive to anything that compares Arteta..my goodness! Rather than make your case, you guys get overtly emotional about any comparison or anything that questions him..Jesu!

You are making my point. Invariably, the squad was so bad and Arteta has not improved the team in a vacuum. If any coach was given the financial support he He has had the support to improve the team from the clowns we were parading and was rewarded with a contract. No one questioned Ebening's firing, not me at least despite being a strong supporter.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:17pm On May 13
germaphobe:

He has everything to play for, a decent chance of bringing them back to UCL and getting more finances. He will really his best but I doubt if they can make it
I just hope they try sha

Just hopeful but not confident
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:19pm On May 13
BlueRayDick:

Omo! We Dey face shots like mad.

Our midfield be like newly renovated third mainland bridge .

Mustafi and Luiz always on duty to press ctrl + spoil at the back🤦‍♂️

We suffered those years sha. Once we face loserpool like this , they will send our midfielders and defenders sprawling on the grass while putting aver of 3-4 goals past our keeper.
Lol, Midfield wey be express way. Defence wey go pass ball straight to opponents just because dem wan pass from back (I remember Watford 2-2 draw).

Watching Present Man u it's as if I'm watching Emery arsenal all over again cheesy

We suffer abeg!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AdisaOwala: 8:20pm On May 13
Roland17:
You are not obliged to read, there is an option to skip.

Until your school of thought start to take responsibility and hold Arteta accountable when he falters, I will. If you are indifferent about winning a title or trophies because we should be thankful to Arteta, or because he is competing against Pep, that is you and what you believe, don't force it down the rest of us. If you are content with going trophyless despite outspending Pep and Klopp over the last 2 seasons and 700M, I am not and will raise the issues I have.

Some of us see it differently because while we or should I say 'I" acknowledge the progress, I also pick out the issues, especially when it is now historical with a predictable pattern. Arteta is going into his 5th season but somehow, he continues to be shielded because we should be grateful with the way we lost in the UCL, Europa, FA, EFL and the EPL. I could care less if I am termed a hater, it is nothing new, the club comes before anyone and that includes Arteta. It is also important to note that Arteta has not improved this team in a vacuum, we saw how he struggled with the same team Ebening took to the UEL finals where the gulf in quality was finally exposed. This isn't the case where he is begging for funds or structure.

For the sake of some of you that are recent here, I wish Seun will resurrect some of our old threads from 2010/ 2011 that have been binned when Wenger was celebrating top 4, Spy360 and Oyin are probably (I stand corrected) the other surviving handles that are still here and see where handles are going at Wenger and the club for going trophyless, so no, it is not novel that supporters of Arsenal question our trophyless situation, do your research! I don't need a United or Chelsea fan before I can question the direction of the club. United and Chelsea are in their worst run, they are financially more capable than we are and if they get it right, we are now looking at better competition versus what we have in Newcastle, Villa, City and Spuds for the top 4, not even title, since we should we are forbidden from winning a title because Arteta is competing against Pep.

After last season's bottling, yes, it was an absolute bottle, this same school of thought told us to be grateful, you told us he is a rookie learning on the job, you argued it wasn't a bottle, you told us we are in process and should trust it....But when the players left and joined their National teams, they started admitting they were in control and should have closed it out but here, it is all great and dandy because Arteta is in charge. I am sorry, I don't do toxic positivity and I am not apologetic about it. I will continue to reign on Arteta if it makes anyone uncomfortable or sleepless, so be it, I don't conform to the herd.

The fact of the matter is that once again, we were in control of our destiny but came out flat and lost 2-0 at home to Villa. I can muster a strong performance on the day but if that performance against Villa isn't indicative of our now historical inability to rise to the occasion then I am not sure what is. How about the Porto game that we won on penalties? We were lost in the euphoria of winning that many forgot that was a bad performance on the night which reared it's ugly head against Bayern in the next round.

COYG!

If not for say Erik Bin Laden is a maad man, I for say make you come collect free form immediately - you shouldn't be on this thread grin

More oyel to your head for the indepth Analysis jare

A fresh breather from the usual "Pep is a genius - it's okay to remain in his shadows" wey we dey read since morning
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:20pm On May 13
BlueRayDick:

Is it thirst for silverware that will make fan to not acknowledge how far we have come from a team that loses constantly to a team that has won the highest number of games in a season?
Personally, I haven’t seen any Arsenal fan that doesn’t commend Teta for the tremendous work he did with the team, anybody that fails to see this has an axe to grind with the Man.

You know this is a game of trophies to be won and when you don’t have a major trophy to back up your works, even the fans may come at you

Sod is a passionate fan who just wants to celebrate a major trophy and when its about to slips towards the end of the season like this, he’ll express his frustration, inside of him he knows Teta did a tremendous work with the team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:23pm On May 13
germaphobe:

What do we even know bruh, we're just Arteta fans that value him over the club.

Exactly... We like Arteta pass arsenal na why we no want make dem sack am.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:27pm On May 13
Shegzdave:

Personally, I haven’t seen any Arsenal fan that doesn’t commend Teta for the tremendous work he did with the team, anybody that fails to see this has an axe to grind with the Man.

You know this is a game of trophies to be won and when you don’t have a major trophy to back up your works, even the fans may come at you

Sod is a passionate fan who just wants to celebrate a major trophy and when its about to slips towards the end of the season like this, he’ll express his frustration, inside of him he knows Teta did a tremendous work with the team.
Sod that says he doesn't care if we win the league this season or not that Arteta should just go?

Lmaooo.

Make we deh play
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:29pm On May 13
Jodera:

Sod that says he doesn't care if we win trophy this season or not that Arteta should just go?

Make we deh play

I haven’t seen him say that though
Sacking Teta will be our undoing cause who will they recommend to take over?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:30pm On May 13
germaphobe:

Which is why they're trying to correct those finance books with the type of deals we're getting. And yes maybe I have accepted the 700m because[b] approximately[/b] it is.

It is the reason I highlighted Arsenal is at the peak of it's spending in decades. It is also why it is important to question things because we don't have deep pockets and future losses will be devastating for the club for FFP and the financial future of the club. By the end of his contract in 2025, if the club backs him in 2024 Summer/ 2025 Winter transfer, we may be close or at 1Billion.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:33pm On May 13
Shegzdave:

I haven’t seen him say that though
Sacking Teta will be our undoing cause who will they recommend to take over?

See it here

iamoyin.damola:

You think I care if your serial bottler carry league or not
The one he led for 83% of the season he no carry am, na this one way choke he wan carry
Yeye they smell

Lol, when I say some people hate, I meant it.

I don't dispute his love for Arsenal but his hate for Arteta certainly exceeds his love for arsenal.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:35pm On May 13
Sportsweb:

Two special trophies in the bag

Cry today , cry tomorrow and cry in the days to come .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:40pm On May 13
Jodera:

Lol, Midfield wey be express way. Defence wey go pass ball straight grin to opponents just because dem wan pass from back (I remember Watford 2-2 draw).

Watching Present Man u it's as if I'm watching Emery arsenal all over again cheesy

We suffer abeg!!

U really don’t know how I grin when I see Chelsea fans tearing at each other’s shirts trying to argue if defense is their problem or attack 😂

When team begin play rubbish fan base go Dey divided on what the problem actually is. We were once at that rock bottom.

Kudos to Arteta for taking us away from that abyss jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:41pm On May 13
AdisaOwala:

If not for say Erik Bin Laden is a maad man, I for say make you come collect free form immediately - you shouldn't be on this thread grin

More oyel to your head for the indepth Analysis jare

A fresh breather from the usual "Pep is a genius - it's okay to remain in his shadows" wey we dey read since morning

Before season even start, they have the Pep card on their chest and back pocket! grin

My issue with many guys here is they never want to read anything/ position that differs from theirs. They want every one to swallow toxic positivity and anyone that questions their position and undying love for Arteta, has committed a mortal sin that only the Pope can forgive.

We have a situation where the club has declared losses in 5 consecutive seasons and is about to add a 6th this year, depending on how things end in June for our books. They have asked for my solution and I have told them, it is simple. Don't extend him past 2025 now, he has done well getting us to where we are, he needs to show we can get past non-ceremonial 2nd places and getting knocked out of every other competition before the end of the season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:45pm On May 13
Jodera:

See it here

Lol, when I say some people hate, I meant it.

I don't dispute his love for Arsenal but his hate for Arteta certainly exceeds his love for arsenal.
This one na witchcraft cheesy grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:50pm On May 13
Shegzdave:

It’s like u didn’t follow this discussion few weeks ago.

Why do u think we were asking for suggestion about possible replacement for Arteta ? It was simply because they claimed Arteta no try and should be shown the way out.

If u didn’t see any Arsenal that doesn’t commend the tremendous work Arteta has done, then it means u have not read enough on this thread ni o.

Na on this thread we Dey throw the bath water and the baby away .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 8:51pm On May 13
Roland17:

You guys are so stuck and sensitive to anything that compares Arteta..my goodness! Rather than make your case, you guys get overtly emotional about any comparison or anything that questions him..Jesu!

You are making my point. Invariably, the squad was so bad and Arteta has not improved the team in a vacuum. If any coach was given the financial support he He has had the support to improve the team from the clowns we were parading and was rewarded with a contract. No one questioned Ebening's firing, not me at least despite being a strong supporter.
You can't make such comparison and don't expect what you get. You can't compare wheelbarrow with truck. The transfer of pepe is still Arsenal's greatest mistake in the transfer market and that amount is one of the reasons arsenal is in the financial crisis. You were quick to justify emery and his squad forgetting how we were during his days. Aside the 22 games where we screamed "we've got our arsenal back, he fumbled when it matters most, top 4, UEL final and even wanted to drown us, but here you are trying to make him look like a saint while trying to downplay Arteta that's exactly the double standards you accused usof having.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 8:51pm On May 13
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:52pm On May 13
Shegzdave:

I thought we all agreed we fvcked up last season at the brink of the season.

Don’t give up yet
Are you sure?
Why are we having the pep excuse argument
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:56pm On May 13
BlueRayDick:

I really don’t know how I grin when I see Chelsea fans tarring at each other’s shirts trying to argue if defense is their problem or attack 😂

When team begin play rubbish fan base go Dey divided on what the problem actually is. We were once at that rock bottom.

Kudos to Arteta for taking us away from that abyss jare
Nothing is new under the sun.

Expressway Midfield and stupid defence wey man u dey suffer — we don experience am here

Attack Vs defence Argument wey Chelsea get — we don do am here

Wenger in Vs Wenger out — Ole in Vs OleOut

Lol, cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:57pm On May 13
germaphobe:

You can't make such comparison and don't expect what you get. You can't compare wheelbarrow with truck. The transfer of pepe is still Arsenal's greatest mistake in the transfer market and that amount is one of the reasons arsenal is in the financial crisis. You were quick to justify emery and his squad forgetting how we were during his days. Aside the 22 games where we screamed "we've got our arsenal back, he fumbled when it matters most, top 4, UEL final and even wanted to drown us, but here you are trying to make him look like a saint while trying to downplay Arteta that's exactly the double standards you accused usof having.

22 unbeaten wey na draws full am grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 8:59pm On May 13
Not Winning the league last year was our own undoing, we fvcked up and everyone admitted it, we had the league in our hands and couldn't hold on to it. Now tell me how we blame pep for it??. We are only trying to say that when competing with the best you can't avoid to loose guard and that was what we did last season. This season the race is at tight as it has ever been and yet some people can't see beyond trying to make a certain person there scapegoat.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:01pm On May 13
Shegzdave:

This one na witchcraft cheesy grin grin
Lmaooo....
You never see something.

Person who claim to love arsenal yet he wants Chelsea to disgrace us wholeheartedly and let Hutchinson be the chief person to make Chelsea disgrace us just so that they'll sack Arteta.

Like let one of your biggest rival disgrace the club you 'love' because of one kekere Hutchinson.

Not that he likes the Hutchinson oo or that the boy na one Messi cheesy

You never see chumchin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 9:03pm On May 13
Roland17:

It is the reason I highlighted Arsenal is at the peak of it's spending in decades. It is also why it is important to question things because we don't have deep pockets and future losses will be devastating for the club for FFP and the financial future of the club. By the end of his contract in 2025, if the club backs him in 2024 Summer/ 2025 Winter transfer, we may be close or at 1Billion.
Wenger gave arsenal lot of annual profits with nothing to show for it post Highbury era, but let's not talk about it shaa. Let this season finish first and we will know how is finance books are, andif we will spend 1billion. And for the contract, me and you know he will get one before his present ends.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 9:05pm On May 13
Jodera:

Lmaooo....
You never see something.

Person who claim to love arsenal yet he wants Chelsea to disgrace us wholeheartedly and let Hutchinson be the chief person to make Chelsea disgrace us just so that they'll sack Arteta.

Like let one of your biggest rival disgrace the club you 'love' because of one kekere Hutchinson.

grin You forgot about trusty being better than kiwior and how he would have been best for arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:06pm On May 13
BlueRayDick:

It’s like u didn’t follow this discussion few weeks ago.

Why do u think we were asking for suggestion about possible replacement for Arteta ? It was simply because they claimed Arteta no try and should be shown the way out.

If u didn’t see any Arsenal that doesn’t commend the tremendous work Arteta has done, then it means u have not read enough on this thread ni o.

Na on this thread we Dey throw the bath water and the baby away .
They have an axe to grind with Teta
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:07pm On May 13
iamoyindamola:

Are you sure?
Why are we having the pep excuse argument
Calm down boss
Let the season end before you throw him under the bus
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:08pm On May 13
germaphobe:

Wenger gave arsenal lot of annual profits with nothing to show for it post Highbury era, but let's not talk about it shaa. Let this season finish first and we will know how is finance books are, andif we will spend 1billion. And for the contract, me and you know he will get one before his present ends.

Your camp has been asking for my solution and I shared it in clear terms.. I also believe it is fair with continued backing in the transfer window. And to your last sentence, oh yes, I know the club will give him an extension, I only shared my own solution.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:10pm On May 13
Jodera:

Lmaooo....
You never see something.

You sure Sod never meet Teta for real life and the later collect him babe cause I don’t understand that kind of anger towards Teta😂
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:10pm On May 13
Shegzdave:

Calm down boss
Let the season end before you throw him under the bus
But they didn't let season end before using pep as excuse
Or he's the next best thing, doing us a favour
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 9:11pm On May 13
Roland17:

Your camp has been asking for my solution and I shared it in clear terms.. I also believe it is fair with continued backing in the transfer window. And to your last sentence, oh yes, I know the club will give him an extension[b], I only shared my own solution.[/b]

I think the solution "my camp" wants to hear is who will replace Arteta should we sack him. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:12pm On May 13
germaphobe:

grin You forgot about trusty being better than kiwior and how he would have been best for arsenal
... until Saka turn turn him waist when we dey lash them 5-0 for first half. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:14pm On May 13
iamoyindamola:

But they didn't let season end before using pep as excuse
Or he's the next best thing, doing us a favour
I think both Arteta and the board are both doing each other a favour cause Arteta has built his CV with coaching a top football club like Arsenal and Arteta has given the club an identity so the feeling is mutual…

Like I said, please let the season end before anything.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) (3512) ... (3542) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: efec(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.