Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,081 members, 7,845,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3514) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2347327 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3511) (3512) (3513) (3514) (3515) (3516) (3517) ... (3543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Amigoss: 1:57pm On May 14
germaphobe:

He will still deny the obvious

What is the obvious bro ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Amigoss: 2:00pm On May 14
Jodera:

Exactly
It means both are risk for you who you wouldn't want to gamble on Klopp.

We're on the same page then cool

What page exactly?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:18pm On May 14
We are approaching 40 minutes since the challenge and it still stands!!

I challenge your entire camp to put up a side by side comparison between S. Pioli and Arteta.

Infact, for free, I will allow you use your favorite “competing against Pep excuse!

Have a go!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:24pm On May 14
Amigoss:

What page exactly?
Oh, sorry

No vex. No too mind me grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:27pm On May 14
Infact let me double down.

As it stands today, Alonso is a better and more accomplished coach than Arteta.

Dispute it with facts not tears! Put their respective resumes side by side.

grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:31pm On May 14
Roland17:
Infact let me double down.

As it stands today, Alonso is a better and more accomplished coach than Arteta.

Dispute it with facts not tears! Put their respective resumes side by side.

grin
Off mic comrade
Alonso didn't meet or compete with pep na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 2:37pm On May 14
Roland17:

I kukuma warned you..
grin

My strength has finished...I leave you guys for now
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 2:42pm On May 14
Roland17:

Since you want to go there, let’s put S. Pioli’s achievement as Milan manager side by side with Arteta. I just want facts! Side by side, Pioli vs Arteta.

Have a crack at it first…
You and I know what pioli have achieved with Milan side yes, he won the league with Milan in 2022 after being signed in 2019, he have been exposed to high level of football since 2016, Lazio, inter, fiorentina before Milan. And before winning the league he was known as a "bottler" who always starts the season well and ends it bad untill that changed in 2022. Now after then he have been on nosedive, why should we bring a coach that Milan wants to sack at the end of season because of the bad results he's given?. I was as patient with him as I am with Arteta now, my friends mocked me because of how I believed in pioli, and now some people are also mocking me cus of how I believe in Arteta. I believe success comes with consistency, hardwork and smart work. At this point in their respective career, SIR I WOULD GLADLY CHOOSE ARTETA OVER PIOLI ANYTIME, ANYDAY TWICE ON A TUESDAY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:46pm On May 14
germaphobe:

You and I know what pioli have achieved with Milan side yes, he won the league with Milan in 2022 after being signed in 2019, he have been exposed to high level of football since 2016, Lazio, inter, fiorentina before Milan. And before winning the league he was known as a "bottler" who always starts the season well and ends it bad untill that changed in 2022. Now after then he have been on nosedive, why should we bring a coach that Milan wants to sack at the end of season because of the bad results he's given?. I was as patient with him as I am with Arteta now, my friends mocked me because of how I believed in pioli, and now some people are also mocking me cus of how I believe in Arteta. I believe success comes with consistency, hardwork and smart work. At this point in their respective career, SIR I WOULD GLADLY CHOOSE ARTETA OVER PIOLI ANYTIME, ANYDAY TWICE ON A TUESDAY.

Respectfully, you have not provided any facts, instead you have gone on the defensive which is a sharp contrast from the aggressive stance you and your camp took when the name Pioli came up. You absolutely have the right to choose Arteta, anyone does but don't denigrate other coaches, especially those who are more accomplished than he is because you want to make a point.

Do you still want me to show you my own side by side comparison between Arteta and Pioli? I will use best finishes since they got their biggest gigs, transfers/ budget, quality and value of squad, best finishes in Europe (Europa/ UCL) and other metrics?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:54pm On May 14
Barcelona just utilized my solution by extending Xavi for 1 more season. Despite their financial challenges which is buttressed by the quality of their squad, they want him to earn that long contract.

This is someone competing against the Great Don Carlo Ancelotti! But you will never hear Barcelona fans use that as an excuse. This is a coach that has won the league with Barcelona competing against the same Don Carlo.

Infact, I am in the mood!

I challenge your entire camp to put up a side by side comparison of achievement between Xavi Hernandez and Arteta.

Have a go!

Una must learn today!!! To even imagine Xavi is someone I don't even like as a coach worsetill as a player. But una must learn with tears to respect others!

Give me facts!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 3:05pm On May 14
Roland17:

Respectfully, you have not provided any facts, instead you have gone on the defensive which is a sharp contrast from the aggressive stance you and your camp took when the name Pioli came up. You absolutely have the right to choose Arteta, anyone does but don't denigrate other coaches, especially those who are more accomplished than he is because you want to make a point.

Do you still want me to show you my own side by side comparison between Arteta and Pioli? I will use best finishes since they got their biggest gigs, transfers/ budget, quality and value of squad, best finishes in Europe (Europa/ UCL) and other metrics?
From 2019 till date, let's have it....
Milan have finished 6th, 4th, 1st and 2nd under pioli(note he started the 2019 season and Arteta came half way and inexperienced rockie too and took arsenal from 8th to 5th to 2nd and ....... and Milan was already on their way back to the top before he took over, which can't be said for arsenal when Arteta took over.
Arteta have had better finance backing sure.

This season Milan crashed out of the group stage of UCL and arsenal made it to quarter finals, last season Milan reached semi final of UCL which was the competition they were in but arsenal made it to semi final of uel too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:08pm On May 14
grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 3:37pm On May 14
Fkhalifa:

Where was Arterta before coming here, he never managed, he was a bigger risk than those midtables you're mocking.... Are you saying Arterta is the best thing that can happen to Arsenal now?

There is a very big difference between when Arteta came to Arsenal and now.

When Arteta came to Arsenal, we were struggling between mid table and Top 6. Giving a rookie that learned under one of the best managers an opportunity to see what he can do is not much of a big risk, what is needed is to sack him as soon as the team is about to enter relegation zone and nothing much would have been lost.

But giving a Top-2 team to a rookie to manage is not just foolishness but something close to suicide. Nobody would have allowed an Arteta on us if we were where we are now.

There is an adage in Yoruba that translate "if a god cannot better your situation, let him leave you the way you are". So asking us to gamble on an unproven manager that has no guarantee of bettering us at this level is beyond foolishness my brother. I will rather stick with the upward improving Arteta, with hope of him winning a trophy sooner than gamble on another rookie or an unproven manager.

The fact that Arteta improves both himself and team every season is worth more than experimenting with an unsure manager.

Give me Pep or Klopp or Ancelotti or Zidane then we can talk, otherwise leave me alone jeje with Arteta. I need to see Alonso for 1 more season before I rate him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:48pm On May 14
Amigoss:

Lmao,like you didn't do the same at Etihad....
Yes and if you followed my reaction then it was that of Arsenal could have beaten them if we came out.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:50pm On May 14
germaphobe:

From 2019 till date, let's have it....
Milan have finished 6th, 4th, 1st and 2nd under pioli(note he started the 2019 season and Arteta came half way and inexperienced rockie too and took arsenal from 8th to 5th to 2nd and ....... and Milan was already on their way back to the top before he took over, which can't be said for arsenal when Arteta took over.
Arteta have had better finance backing sure.

This season Milan crashed out of the group stage of UCL and arsenal made it to quarter finals, last season Milan reached semi final of UCL which was the competition they were in but arsenal made it to semi final of uel too.

Naaaa, just stop it already, you should know you are debating a Hardcore Milan fan here.. Lets go!

League best finishes

19/20 Pioli-6th Arteta 8th
20/21 Pioli-2nd Arteta 8th
21/22 Pioli-WINNER Arteta 5th
22/23 Pioli- 4th Arteta 2nd
23/24 (Ongoing) Pioli- 2nd Arteta 2nd

Best finish in UEFA Champions League
22/23 Pioli- Semi Final Arteta 23/24- Quarter Final

Best Europa League finish
23/24 Pioli- Quarter Finals Arteta- Semi Finals

Domestic Cups
19/20 Pioli Semi- Finals Arteta- 19/20 WINNER

It is not even close! Pioli beasts Arteta side by side. Should I add expenditure and budget? Respect to you for acknowledging Arteta has had more financial backing.

You guys just need to take a chill pill and respect other coaches. Your MCM is yet to better most of these guys so the comparison is justified.

Like I said, you are welcome to choose Arteta but please don't insult or denigrate other coaches who have achieved more with fewer resources.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 3:59pm On May 14
Roland17:

Naaaa, just stop it already, you should know you are debating a Hardcore Milan fan here.. Lets go!

League best finishes

Domestic Cups

It is not even close! Pioli beasts Arteta side by side. Should I add expenditure and budget?

Nahhhhh!!!!.......With what you posted up there by yourself nwanne, be true to yourself and everything about yourself, who's on a better route... Judging with the fact that one was already a known name is the coaching space and the other is still on his first job?. You know the truth, and time after time you keep showing the double standards you accused me of. I'm a Milan fan too, so let's not brag about being a Milan fan. Arteta is on course to possibly winning EPL trophy with his first and only coaching job.

Now let's break it down to 2 years(last year and this season) since Arteta turned the fate and face of the club around.
Ongoing season that inter won with about 5 or 4 matches to go and Arteta is still pushing to the last day.
If pioli was so good why would a semi finalist crash out of group stage? While a nobody made it to quarter finals?.
With what you showed us here no pioli doesn't beast and best Arteta like how your mind is trying to make you believe
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:03pm On May 14
germaphobe:

Nahhhhh!!!!.......With what you posted up there by yourself nwanne, be true to yourself and everything about yourself, who's on a better route... Judging with the fact that one was already a known name is the coaching space and the other is still on his first job?. You know the truth, and time after time you keep showing the double standards you accused me of. I'm a Milan fan too, so let's not brag about being a Milan fan. Arteta is on course to possibly winning EPL trophy with his first and only coaching job.

Now let's break it down to 2 years(last year and this season) since Arteta turned the fate and face of the club around.

You can not make this a subjective argument and invent rules off the fly. They both got hired during the 2019/2020 season, it is only fair to judge them on their best finishes throughout their tenure. This isn't about projections and trajectory because none of that is given. We are talking about what they have achieved thus far.

When Pioli's name came up, your camp acted like it is a sacrilege to include his name but the side by side comparison justifies it and even shows Pioli has achieved more than Arteta has done. I gave Arteta his credits and due and also accorded Pioli his rigfhtful.

At the end of the day, the question is, is a Pioli comparison justified? The facts as shown above have proven that they are justified and infact has bettered Arteta.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 4:04pm On May 14
Emotions and sentiment aside let's just focus on what Roland gave us up there and analyze who's better currently
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 4:05pm On May 14
Roland17:

You can not make this a subjective argument and invent rules off the fly. They both got hired during the 2019/2020 season, it is only fair to judge them on their best finishes throughout their tenure. This isn't about projections and trajectory because none of that is given. We are talking about what they have achieved thus far.

When Pioli's name came up, your camp acted like it is a sacrilege to include his name but the side by side comparison justifies it and even shows Pioli has achieved more than Arteta has done. I gave Arteta his credits and due and also accorded Pioli his rigfhtful.

At the end of the day, the question is, is a Pioli comparison justified? The facts as shown above have proven that they are justified and infact has bettered Arteta.
Not my camp but personally me. And with what you posted up there the only difference is that Milan won the league and arsenal is yet to. That's all and we can actually win that league this year
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 4:07pm On May 14
The comparison is not justified brother. Because no one including yourself believed arsenal would drag the league up to till match day 34 last season because of how shit we used to be
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 4:09pm On May 14
Gattusso finished 6th and 5th with Milan and pioli dragged us down to 8th on his first season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:10pm On May 14
Roland17:

I also remember milan were shiit before his appointment
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 4:10pm On May 14
I watched Milan fans wail and question the sack of gattusso if pioli couldn't give what he gave.

Which Milan was shit?.

Milan missed out on UCL under gatusso with 1 point.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:15pm On May 14
germaphobe:

Not my camp but personally me. And with what you posted up there the only difference is that Milan won the league and arsenal is yet to. That's all and we can actually win that league this year

You probably need to go back and read the pages before this.

Both coaches have had 1 2nd place finishes (current season ongoing)

Pioli's worst finish in the league is 6th, Arteta's worst finish is 8th in consecutive seasons

Arteta's best UCL finish is the Quarter Finals, Pioli's is the Semi-final

Pioli's best finish in the Europa is the Quarter Finals while Arteta's is the semi-finals

We have agreed to not include budgets, since you agree Arteta has had more financial backing.

Once again, based on the above, the comparison is justified and available facts show Pioli has accomplished more
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 4:16pm On May 14
Arteta has EPL experience.
He's going toe to toe with Man city.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:17pm On May 14
iamoyindamola:

I also remember milan were shiit before his appointment

We had gone through nearly 6 coaches, our thread is there for all to see.

All, I am trying to show is that they need to stop wailing and hyperventilating when comparisons come up. Just sit down and look for the facts. They are welcome to choose Arteta, it is a choice but to flat out disrespect other coaches who have accomplished more with fewer resources is what I won't tolerate. When Pioli's name came up, you would think it was Gerard that nearly relegated Villa was mentioned but the facts have shown otherwise.

Acknowledge it, it won't kill you!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:19pm On May 14
Fkhalifa:
grin

My strength has finished...I leave you guys for now

I will soon leave them. But I will make sure they learn to respect other coaches until their MCM betters them. I will make sure they learn to respect the opinions of others.

I deal with facts not tears and wailing....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:22pm On May 14
ObaIgwe1:

There is a very big difference between when Arteta came to Arsenal and now.

When Arteta came to Arsenal, we were struggling between mid table and Top 6. Giving a rookie that learned under one of the best managers an opportunity to see what he can do is not much of a big risk, what is needed is to sack him as soon as the team is about to enter relegation zone and nothing much would have been lost.

But giving a Top-2 team to a rookie to manage is not just foolishness but something close to suicide. Nobody would have allowed an Arteta on us if we were where we are now.

There is an adage in Yoruba that translate "if a god cannot better your situation, let him leave you the way you are". So asking us to gamble on an unproven manager that has no guarantee of bettering us at this level is beyond foolishness my brother. I will rather stick with the upward improving Arteta, with hope of him winning a trophy sooner than gamble on another rookie or an unproven manager.

The fact that Arteta improves both himself and team every season is worth more than experimenting with an unsure manager.

Give me Pep or Klopp or Ancelotti or Zidane then we can talk, otherwise leave me alone jeje with Arteta
. I need to see Alonso for 1 more season before I rate him.
This is 100% facts and undiluted truth being spoken here.

Na exactly this thing we deh talk but dem no wan hear
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:25pm On May 14
Roland17:

I will soon leave them. But I will make sure they learn to respect other coaches until their MCM betters them. I will make sure they learn to respect the opinions of others.

I deal with facts not tears and wailing....
Let us go and employ mourinho then. Oh, I forgot, you once recommended him here.

Your Conte wey you recommend don dey jobless after half and half season with spurs. That's another winner.

We need someone that's in their prime that we're sure of league now that we're a top 2 team in epl. Simple!

Calling Pioli no be am
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:27pm On May 14
Roland17:

I do small research on that word and their camp and my goodness, you will think Arteta is facing a firing squad with the amount of wailing and tears.
Nwanne so you sabi throw away bants 😂😂😂
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 4:27pm On May 14
Roland17:

You probably need to go back and read the pages before this.

Both coaches have had 1 2nd place finishes (current season ongoing)

Pioli's worst finish in the league is 6th, Arteta's worst finish is 8th in consecutive seasons

Arteta's best UCL finish is the Quarter Finals, Pioli's is the Semi-final

Pioli's best finish in the Europa is the Quarter Finals while Arteta's is the semi-finals

We have agreed to not include budgets, since you agree Arteta has had more financial backing.

Once again, based on the above, the comparison is justified and available facts show Pioli has accomplished more

Good analysis.

But if you are giving the job to look for an upgrade to Arteta, judging from our current level, and looking at this your analysis, would you recommend Pioli to take over from Arteta?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:28pm On May 14
Roland17:

League best finishes

Domestic Cups

It is not even close! Pioli beasts Arteta side by side. Should I add expenditure and budget? Respect to you for acknowledging Arteta has had more financial backing.

You guys just need to take a chill pill and respect other coaches. Your MCM is yet to better most of these guys so the comparison is justified.

Like I said, you are welcome to choose Arteta but please don't insult or denigrate other coaches who have achieved more with fewer resources.

Lmaooo.
If this is the stats, the gap is not even wide sef.
Na just one League title separates them and if eventually he wins it which I believe he would, then he'll rubbish everything Pioli ever did.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3511) (3512) (3513) (3514) (3515) (3516) (3517) ... (3543) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: CallTheCops(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.