Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2318998 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (3491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
We were raped on the left last season against Everton, yet AW deemed it fit to lay Ozil on the left today.

Thank God for 1 point

Looking at the big picture, we beat Palace at home and lost away to Everton last season (i.e. 3pts). We ae 1 pt ahead in those two games now.

Next is Besiktas
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 23, 2014
`Abeg, how much una buy ALEXIS?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ElFenomeno1: 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2014
Roland17:

I doubt Wenger aims to play Sanchez as a CF, Sanchez plays better behind the main striker or any position that grants him license to roam the attacking end of the pitch..

Absolutely.. I was saying this on some other forum the other day.

We can't get away with him being a CF option at all.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kaypumpin2(m): 8:03pm On Aug 23, 2014
ochukoccna: Ozil played from the left flank for Germany at the World Cup na!
Or have you forgotten?

And how effective and efficient was that?

Pataki:
Sometimes I just don't understand Wenger. He made a number of tactical errors today which should never ever happen when playing a team like Everton.
We were simply lucky tonight and Ozil has no business starting from the flanks.
Like keeping Wilshere on for more than hour when he could have been taken off and Ozil drafted to the centre.Sometimes I do feel he is a masochist.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Funpeter: 8:04pm On Aug 23, 2014
People are saying if lose against besiktas which I know it won't happen that we won't be playing in the Europa league. How true is this?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kaypumpin2(m): 8:07pm On Aug 23, 2014
Funpeter: People are saying if lose against besiktas which I know it won't happen that we won't be playing in the Europa league. How true is this?
Trick question??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ElFenomeno1: 8:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
Austeenx: `Abeg, how much una buy ALEXIS?

Google is your friend!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 8:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
Both Everton goals looked fraudulent... Abeg forget the hype, we were the better side today.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2014
proudlysports: We were raped on the left last season against Everton, yet AW deemed it fit to lay Ozil on the left today.
Thank God for 1 point
Looking at the big picture, we beat Palace at home and lost away to Everton last season (i.e. 3pts). We ae 1 pt ahead in those two games now.
Next is Besiktas

Positives yet to account from this match.

In 2012/13 we had 2 points from our first two matches.

In 2013/14 we had 3 points from our first two matches.

In 2014/15 we had 4 points from our first two matches.

The Arsenal of two seasons again would have since resigned to their fate by the 70th minutes of play. Not forgetting that Everton's second goal was clearly an offside.

Nevertheless, I am now of the opinion we need to strengthen our attack, get a DM and at least a utility experienced defender.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 9:16pm On Aug 23, 2014

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Freelancer00(m): 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2014
folahann:
I been think sey Na only me see am
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:23pm On Aug 23, 2014
Giroud is injured now. Maybe AW will sign a striker or just rely on Sanogo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2014
proudlysports: Giroud is injured now. Maybe AW will sign a striker or just rely on Sanogo
We all know Wenger will rely on sanogo.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:48pm On Aug 23, 2014
on Giroud…
[b]I have more strikers than before[/b]so sometimes I can give them a little rest. Giroud has just played one game since the World Cup so I gave him a little breather today but I knew we were dominating the game in the second half and we needed some physical presence up front and he did that very well in the second half.

--- Arsene Wenger
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:07pm On Aug 23, 2014
Pataki:
Sometimes I just don't understand Wenger. He made a number of tactical errors today which should never ever happen when playing a team like Everton.
We were simply lucky tonight and Ozil has no business starting from the flanks.

We were lucky yet it was Everton that scored from a debatable free kick and a pair of downright idiotic decisions by the lino and ref? I'd hate to see what you describe as bad luck. The same Ozil you're yabbing freed up room for Santi's cross by his mere presence.

Simply put, if you want to make the best use of Sanchez as a CF, your build up play must be much quicker to release him and allow Ozil to find him quickly.

I don't buy all the 'down the left' nonsense. How many shots on goal did Everton have all game? Yes Ozil could've done better for the goal but realistically that cross should never have come in with McCarthy in acres of space.

The main problem was in midfield, we just couldn't build moves quickly/accurately enough. Without that, it's difficult to create much against maassed ranks.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 11:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
debosky:

We were lucky yet it was Everton that scored from a debatable free kick and a pair of downright idiotic decisions by the lino and ref? I'd hate to see what you describe as bad luck. The same Ozil you're yabbing freed up room for Santi's cross by his mere presence.

Simply put, if you want to make the best use of Sanchez as a CF, your build up play must be much quicker to release him and allow Ozil to find him quickly.

I don't buy all the 'down the left' nonsense. How many shots on goal did Everton have all game? Yes Ozil could've done better for the goal but realistically that cross should never have come in with McCarthy in acres of space.

The main problem was in midfield, we just couldn't build moves quickly/accurately enough. Without that, it's difficult to create much against maassed ranks.

debosky, let's be honest here - arsene wenger is a complete idïot. seamus coleman is the best right wingback in england & wenger's tactics was to put ozil on the left to stop coleman? does that make any sense to you?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 12:09am On Aug 24, 2014
I'm happy we have four points regardless. Muki I still love you babe cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:31am On Aug 24, 2014
To be honest those who hate Giroud dont understand the technical side of football. Everton game shows that we now have options with Giroud and Alexis.

I think that Arsene wants to build a Sanchez-Ozil partnership, if it works they will be devastating.

We may not have won but I saw the spirit of the Vieira era.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 7:30am On Aug 24, 2014
debosky:

Stop slapping yourself debo. You already said it yourself - "the main problem was in midfield". We all saw a much more better better midfield when Ozil got drafted into his natural role. Ask yourself, why would Wenger state that he did not want Fabregas simply because he had Ozil, and yet he threw Ozil to play on the flanks? Facing arguably one of the best right wingback in England? When we are all know how easy it can be sometimes for Ozil to switch off in a match combined with his lazy track-backing?

Wenger made some tactical errors which should never again repeat itself.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:32am On Aug 24, 2014
a central midfielder who can control a game, someone to take Arteta's place with more energy and quality.

a Striker. a central striker able to use his feet and run with the ball, pass, get past at least 1 marker.

without these two additions the league challenge is a pipe dream, it won't happen.

yesterday was proof that the away games woes at decent sides is yet to continue. only difference was Everton lacked the quality, otherwise 1st half would have been 5-0 give how shambolic it was.

The usual wing play woes, players falling over and 5secs later a goal is conceded, same ozil or whoever not marking from the wing, same shit.

Too many players looking like they were involved in an O®gy all night.

Its all entirely identical to those games last year at Goodison, Stamford, Manchester and liverpool.

makes me wonder if this year at Stamford bridge won't be double figures conceded.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nihilist: 10:33am On Aug 24, 2014
More wailing...more tears grin

Lukaku causing misery for Arsenal since 1874

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:37am On Aug 24, 2014
I'm glad for the point to be fair. Their second goal should have been disallowed.

That said, I hope Wenger is not planning to push Ozil to the wings all in the name of giving Jack a chance? Hope not. I began to suspect when Arsene mentioned to an English Journalist a few weeks back that England shouldn't worry, he'll build them a good national team.

As for Giroud, at least now we know he is good coming off the bench. Now go get that main striker Arsene! cheesy

More positives:
1. Per and Ozil have had their first games. They will get sharper as they play more matches.
2. Diaby is available for the next game cheesy

Negatives:
Arsene says Giroud's injury is 'bad' so against Besiktas and maybe Leicester next week, we all have to pray Alexis excels in that position.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
raumdeuter:

na olosho joint you dey find ni? pataki come tell am where Ayilara dey for Jand

grin grin

This guy don kolo oh, Ayilara ni jand ke?

Neways Oxford people don arrange me tire so make i leave matter for mathias. As the game goes, I did not watch it but from the highlights and the match report, it seems to me that attitude issues still linger in the team needless to talk about the defensive midfield cover we all have been craving for.

Why on earth Barry had so much time and space in front of the back four to deliver a delicate cross to the back post bewilders me not to talk of ozil just watching coleman go right past him.(Disgusting for a team supposedly challenging for trophies)

I dunno what Monsiuer has up his sleeves but really, even he can't just stand there and fold his arms thinking we have enough to see us through especially if we are really thinking about trophies and for once he needs to get tough on OZIl. If Podolski can get the hot bucket for not showing enough then ozil needs to get a hiding as well.

The same role everyone keeps on complaining he does not fit in or does not play well is the same freaking role that just got him a world cup medal and he did every bit of offensive and defensive duties required of him. So what's the problem in an Arsenal shirt?

Anyways, wey Pataki sef maybe i fit know one or two extra places from his kabash..... grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
proudlysports: I'm glad for the point to be fair. Their second goal should have been disallowed.

That said, I hope Wenger is not planning to push Ozil to the wings all in the name of giving Jack a chance? Hope not. I began to suspect when Arsene mentioned to an English Journalist a few weeks back that England shouldn't worry, he'll build them a good national team.

As for Giroud, at least now we know he is good coming off the bench. Now go get that main striker Arsene! cheesy

More positives:
1. Per and Ozil have had their first games. They will get sharper as they play more matches.
2. Diaby is available for the next game cheesy

Negatives:
Arsene says Giroud's injury is 'bad' so against Besiktas and maybe Leicester next week, we all have to pray Alexis excels in that position.
You talk reasonably. The players try joor! I doubt if Chelsea can get 1 point from Goodison.

Again, people dont see the tactical part of Wenger's game. Deploying Ozil at left wing was not a defensive plan for good sake. What fans should be thinking is who will cover us as defending midfielder.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by paranorman(m): 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
Funpeter: People are saying if lose against besiktas which I know it won't happen that we won't be playing in the Europa league. How true is this?
you nevr can tell what will happen but there are just two likely outcome in all: either you loose or win. grin grin wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
As we enter the final week of transfer activity, who would you prefer Arsene buys
1. Khedira
2. Cavalho
3. Minolas
4. Cavani
5. Any other
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Funpeter: 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
paranorman:
you nevr can tell what will happen but there are just two likely outcome in all: either you loose or win. grin grin wink
Ya the third outcome is a draw which can still be a loose a or a win but you know how will do it now a win is as such as a win. Tell val Gal abi na Val damme that he aint see nothing yet.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
Please Is Wenger Really Serious To Swap Giroud With Cavani?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 3:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
Le Prof, make this happen:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jun/05/world-cup-2014-portugal-william-carvalho

Hope it is true the rumors flying around that we intend to sign this boy up. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 6:32am On Aug 26, 2014
Oga Ovularia Giroud is out with a suspected broken foot, hmmm. Can the Yoga Sanogo step up to the challenge ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
Wenger still hiding extent of injury to avoid transfer questions. Disgraceful
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 7:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
Manuel Almunia has retired from football with immediate effect for health reasons

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (3491) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: bolu96(m), N2gether, mostob(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.