Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,085 members, 7,953,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:52 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2449291 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (3652) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
Interesting starting lineup today with Chamberlain, Alexis and Walcott spearheading the attack.

Koscielny is back in the team but Per is still out so Gabriel will be our no 2 CB. Bellerin and Monreal retain their spots.

Cech, Coquelin, Cazorla and Ramsey complete the line up. Mesut Ozil is injured.

Will surely be a very fast front line.

COYG!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2015
proudlysports:
Interesting starting lineup today with Chamberlain, Alexis and Walcott spearheading the attack.

Koscielny is back in the team but Per is still out so Gabriel will be our no 2 CB. Bellerin and Monreal retain their spots.

Cech, Coquelin, Cazorla and Ramsey complete the line up. Mesut Ozil is injured.

Will surely be a very fast front line.

COYG!
yes
COYG
Plenty goals today
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2015
Seems to me like we're short of ideas now that Newcastle are confined to defending.

We need that first goal and must hope and pray Newcastle don't score first
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2015
sod09:
yes
COYG
Plenty goals today
You guys ain't even creating chances.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
bykebyke:

You guys ain't even creating chances.
I tire ooo
It's getting outta hands
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2015
The only consolation and positive from this game is the three points, we lacked creativity and were not incisive in the final third as the absence of Ozil was pretty obvious..

We desperately need an efficient striker, the pressure to score goals might become overwhelming and subsequently detrimental for the midfield to shoulder in future games.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SIRcumalot: 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2015
Roland17:
The only consolation and positive from this game is the three points, we lacked creativity and were not incisive in the final third as the absence of Ozil was pretty obvious..

We desperately need an efficient striker, the pressure to score goals might become overwhelming and subsequently detrimental for the midfield to shoulder in future games.
Those strikers no dey market
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2015
Roland17:

its giroud , he's through on goal...he has to score....oh great save from krul
Same old giroud, Walcott et al
AW we need a goal poacher ooo

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 2:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
Wow what a game!

We definitely need a striker. This is getting too much to bear.

Nevertheless, 3 points in the bag. Clean sheet again.

Ramsey man of the match for me.

Now which thread is hosting the party today? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
Pataki:
Wow what a game!

let me go check d fixtures grin
U never can say...chelshit fit host us
Also man ure is d host tomao
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2015
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger on BBC Sport: "It was not the ideal game for Walcott, he likes space but there was not a lot of space for him.

"The activity will be there in the transfer market, will it be efficient? I can't predict."
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger on BT Sport: "We were always on top. We were mature and intelligent and the win was important so maybe we were a bit cautious.

"They toughened the game up, they decided from the start to make it very physical but we kept our nerve.

"We are out there and working on it (signings). I am optimistic but it is difficult to predict. We have offensive potential but you always want more and more goalscorers. We have not fired offensively, our finishing has been clinical and have to improve on that.
One word for this man
Unbelievable!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2015
sod09:
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger on BBC Sport: "It was not the ideal game for Walcott, he likes space but there was not a lot of space for him.

"The activity will be there in the transfer market, will it be efficient? I can't predict."
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger on BT Sport: "We were always on top. We were mature and intelligent and the win was important so maybe we were a bit cautious.

"They toughened the game up, they decided from the start to make it very physical but we kept our nerve.

"We are out there and working on it (signings). I am optimistic but it is difficult to predict. We have offensive potential but you always want more and more goalscorers. We have not fired offensively, our finishing has been clinical and have to improve on that.
One word for this man
Unbelievable!!!!!

I asked yesterday if Walcoot was a player

Today we can now see the answer
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 3:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
On a positive note, 3 points in the bag, a clean sheet & Gabriel superb. Will be pissed if Per displaces him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2015
Liverpool chopping two goals already from Hammers.

I hope this also marks as a pointer to Wenger that we desperately need a striker.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 4:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
raumdeuter:

I asked yesterday if Walcoot was a player

Today we can now see the answer
dere wasn't özil to give pass na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
So that 2-1 win away from home at Palace, that was labelled a lame result, seems pretty decent now doesn't it?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
sod09:
Pataki:
Wow what a game!
sod09:
Oya na Chelshit dey host today, lets go trolling and please throll hard.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
Spy360:
Oya na Chelshit dey host today, lets go trolling and please throll hard.
I talk am grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
Positive from today's game - Gabriel showed us he may just be ready to keep Per on the bench.

Walcott is not a striker especially when you play our kind of formation. He should stick to playing from the wings. Giroud and Welbeck are the only players we've got at the moment who can play that position.

We need to pray that all of Arsene Wenger's "24/7 hard work" before Sept. 1 will not be in vain. We desperately need a striker.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
Tough game
Lethargic

But 3 points Na d main thing
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 8:26am On Aug 30, 2015
Spy360:
So also Welbeck and Walcott. In modern football there are no clearly defined roles, when you see players like Sanchez, Neymar, CRonaldo, Messi, Reus etc.

We now have wing backs and false 9s, even goal keepers as sweepers.

Lampard is the record goal scorer for Chelsea, in years to come people would think he was a striker.

How's Lampard a striker. ..?!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 8:39am On Aug 30, 2015
For all you deluded arsenal fans that wants another defensive midfielder... Coquelin is now the best DM in the league... bar injury or loss of form... in the EPL... none is better... and really there are no exceptional strikers in the market... Benteke is shit... Cavani is not available... Real Madrid can't let Benzema go because there are no replacements... lots of you should stop wobbing and start supporting... 3 points yesterday... enjoy the victory... Chelshit lost, Liverfool lost... yesterday was a good day...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:15am On Aug 30, 2015
I agree with 'enjoying' the victory, as much as a 1-0 victory via own goal can be enjoyed, but not with the rest.

Coquelin the best according to who? You? What happens if he gets crocked/suspended as is bound to happen? Can't we get a decent deputy?

Secondly, we don't need an 'exceptional' striker in my view - we need someone who can credibly provide the same attributes as Giroud to increase competition in that spot. Walcott doesn't and should be a winger, Welbeck's injuries/goal record aren't that encouraging.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 30, 2015
iPopAlomo:

How's Lampard a striker. ..?!
He/She said "Lampard is the record goal scorer for Chelsea, in years to come people would think he was a striker"... May ur brain forgive u for neglecting it purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 10:40am On Aug 30, 2015
debosky:
I agree with 'enjoying' the victory, as much as a 1-0 victory via own goal can be enjoyed, but not with the rest.

Coquelin the best according to who? You? What happens if he gets crocked/suspended as is bound to happen? Can't we get a decent deputy?

Secondly, we don't need an 'exceptional' striker in my view - we need someone who can credibly provide the same attributes as Giroud to increase competition in that spot. Walcott doesn't and should be a winger, Welbeck's injuries/goal record aren't that encouraging.

Has Proudlysport informed you we are not getting a decent deputy for Le Coq? grin

We actually need an exceptional striker. Someone on the same level as Giroud does not increase competition. Rather it increases the tardy striking display we have witnessed thus far.

What do you think of this Leicester striker - Mahrez? Exceptional - no?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2015
Mahrez is average - he was frustrating last season and is actually a midfielder. I'd watch him to see how long he sustains his form before saying more.

Giroud appears too comfortable - he likes to do the exceptional but doesn't seem to do well with basic finishes. That's my main issue with him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2015
Ipopalomo

Seems you have taken paraga with your alomo

Coq the greatest again?!

OK o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AJITERU: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2015
I think I will agree with Debosky. We really dont need exeptional striker. What we need is sopme that will compete with Girould and of which Wac cannot give us. Even the so called bensima is not different from our own girould.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2015
debosky:
Mahrez is average - he was frustrating last season and is actually a midfielder. I'd watch him to see how long he sustains his form before saying more.

Giroud appears too comfortable - he likes to do the exceptional but doesn't seem to do well with basic finishes. That's my main issue with him.

He is actually a winger who can switch roles as he has been doing for Leicester this season thus far. Giroud is the kind of player that needs about 6 chances to convert at least one goal. And unfortunately, Walcott is not a striker. I thought he had the potentials for that role, but it is very easy to shut Walcott out as a striker.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 11:48am On Aug 30, 2015
AJITERU:
I think I will agree with Debosky. We really dont need exeptional striker. What we need is sopme that will compete with Girould and of which Wac cannot give us. Even the so called bensima is not different from our own girould.

No, Benzema is actually a combination of Giroud and Walcott. That is what we need - a dynamic striker that combines and is effectively able to use the different skills that Giroud and Walcott offer us in that striking position. That for me, is exceptional.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
pickabeau1:
Ipopalomo

Seems you have taken paraga with your alomo

Coq the greatest again?!

OK o
dnt mind d guy jare
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
Abeg make person with sharp mouth post this for Chelsea thread
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (3652) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.