Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2321561 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (3491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
Pataki:

Your statement implies that Austin is better than Giroud. Is that what you mean?
wow.....I said AW cannot buy striker dat is better Dan giroud
Did I explain better now
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 5:18pm On Aug 31, 2015
sod09:
wow.....I said AW cannot buy striker dat is better Dan giroud
Did I explain better now

No your statement is still not clear. You mentioned Austin in the same sentence as Giroud. It simply implies you are comparing Giroud to Austin. Since you also said that Wenger will never go for a striker better than Giroud.

So the question begs: Is Austin better than Giroud?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
Pataki:

No your statement is still not clear. You mentioned Austin in the same sentence as Giroud. It simply implies you are comparing Giroud to Austin. Since you also said that Wenger will never go for a striker better than Giroud.

So the question begs: Is Austin better than Giroud?
my point is if wenger will buy any striker....its won't be d world class type
So giroud should be better Dan d person(Austin)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
@debosky
Benzema was on the cards. His sale depended on Madrid getting their 'gift' to Benitez. Sadly that didn't happen and we didn't get our man.

@patakisport
No worry @proudlysports can reliably inform you that Arsenal may or may not sign someone before 6pm tomorrow cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
iPopAlomo:

When there would be technology far better than today's...? Hanhan... haba... I'm not in Lagos at the moment... traveling around Nigeria for feasibility studies... been to a few towns I've never heard of... and the football and political knowledge displayed by people here is better than that manure fan akthedream...

if rural people can exhibit this knowledge... the future is brighter fit sure... no one will argue Lampard is a striker except he has a manure fan like akthedream mentality...
We are in the 21st century yet someone comes to where you are watching a top EPL match and asks 'abeg who Nigeria dey play? Abeg Kanu don score?' cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
So odd to be this close to the window and no sorrows about who has left or who we've been forced to sell. . . .I guess that's a positive.

The negative is that we haven't signed as many desired, but hey. . . .still an improvement overall.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 11:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
Adebayour is available cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by cescky(m): 7:14am On Sep 01, 2015
proudlysports:

Very funny and perfect time for such jokes, especially from a so called dependable source of arsenal news!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:37am On Sep 01, 2015
Deal done. PSG accepts 45m bid from Arsenal for Edison Cavani. Wenger off to Paris to seal deal.

Oh no! It's the daily star. Shiit.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 8:12am On Sep 01, 2015
Arsene is actually in Paris. Whatever for, I don't know but trust journalists to put 2 and 2 together and emerge with 5.

If we don't bring in a forward, AW will need to explain his line of thought. Did we win the league last season or did we miss out on winning because our goalkeepers were poor?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:13am On Sep 01, 2015
Spy360:
Deal done. PSG accepts 45m bid from Arsenal for Edison Cavani. Wenger off to Paris to seal deal.

Oh no! It's the daily star. Shiit.
u may be 75% right AW is in Paris ATM
Both rabiot nd cavani
But rabiot may be a loan deal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 8:21am On Sep 01, 2015
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 8:23am On Sep 01, 2015
Update on our young guns

Zelalem is living up to his Ozil MK2 status. He now has 3 assists in two games for Rangers. I personally think this loan move is good for him. He needs to build his muscles though.

Crowley is also doing well at Barnsley. Scored his first goal in the league cup game against Everton last week. He's one player I'm expecting great things from. He's a combination or Wilshere and Rosicky. Not flashy but gets the job done.

Martinez started well at Wolverhampton but had one really poor game and he's been sent back to the bench.

My man Szczesny has been in top form for Roma. He made a fantastic last minute save in last weekend's game against Juventus.

Akpom has withdrawn from the England U20 team due to injury. Hayden who is also on loan at Hull has been a regular player in the center of Hull's midfield
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 8:57am On Sep 01, 2015
proudlysports:

I think he might go on loan to ManU. Those lot are desperate right now. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 9:04am On Sep 01, 2015
PatakiSports reported to you some weeks back that Arsenal is busy to bring in at least two quality additions; while the likes of debosky doubted the credibility of our sources, we at PatakiSports have remained consistent in our Arsenal news reportage. grin

We shall be here to update you firsthand on every saliva droppings that Le Prof spits out in Paris today before 6pm.

Please stay tuned for up to date first class information.

Like our page on facebook and follow us on twitter. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 9:17am On Sep 01, 2015
Galatasaray wants Oxlaide Chamberlain. Do all these clubs think we are still a selling club? That was how the other day Mourinho said if we tried getting Cech, he will get Oxlaide.

Abeg make I read better news jare. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:14am On Sep 01, 2015
If Arsene hits off the Cavani and Rabiot deals, it would be a coup.

Rabiot as backup for Le Coq, Cavani thrown into the first team as our main striker with Giroud as understudy, we will win the league.

Somebody wake me up before I faint for dream. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 11:20am On Sep 01, 2015
Spy360:
If Arsene hits off the Cavani and Rabiot deals, it would be a coup.

Rabiot as backup for Le Coq, Cavani thrown into the first team as our main striker with Giroud as understudy, we will win the league.

Somebody wake me up before I faint for dream. cheesy

Calm down. I think Wenger is a chess player. He has this penchant of diverting attention away from players. Remember when we got Welbeck. It was on the last day of the transfer. Wenger was pictured traveling to Italy on that same day which infuriated a lot of people.

Now there are reports that we might sign Kokorin on a loan.

Lets see what is happening. It might not even be Cavani and Rabiot as it is being reported.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:58am On Sep 01, 2015
Pataki:

Calm down. I think Wenger is a chess player. He has this penchant of diverting attention away from players. Remember when we got Welbeck. It was on the last day of the transfer. Wenger was pictured traveling to Italy on that same day which infuriated a lot of people.

Now there are reports that we might sign Kokorin on a loan.

Lets see what is happening. It might not even be Cavani and Rabiot as it is being reported.
abeg who's kokorin....is he as good as aguero
I think adebayour is better Dan no one ATM
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2015
Pataki:
PatakiSports reported to you some weeks back that Arsenal is busy to bring in at least two quality additions; while the likes of debosky doubted the credibility of our sources, we at PatakiSports have remained consistent in our Arsenal news reportage. grin

Consistent in reporting nada. grin

Stop getting hopes up for nothing. . . .Wenger went to Paris to say hello to Hollande. No signings involved. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 1:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
debosky:

Stop getting hopes up for nothing. . . .Wenger went to Paris to say hello to Hollande. No signings involved. cheesy

grin Siddon look mode for now. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
debosky:

If AW thinks this is the squad that will win the title this season, then he has confirmed himself to be the chief clown of Clown FC.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 2:24pm On Sep 01, 2015
Wenger is more likely to sign Lavezzi than Cavani. There is simply no reason for PSG to sell cavani, but with Di Maria there now, Lavezzi might be freed, Wenger is a scavenger.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
pazienza:
Wenger is more likely to sign Lavezzi than Cavani. There is simply no reason for PSG to sell cavani, but with Di Maria there now, Lavezzi might be freed, Wenger is a scavenger.
he's a chief scavenger
I hated him for dat
Always feeding on opportunities so as to drop lil cash
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
Spy360:
If AW thinks this is the squad that will win the title this season, then he has confirmed himself to be the chief clown of Clown FC.
Our transfer window closed long time ago. You guys just refused to accept it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 3:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
Spy360:

grin grin

See frustration. . . are you a recent Arsenal fan or don't you know how our transfer windows go? cheesy

No manager can say this is the squad that will win, but we do know those that realistically attempt to put together a squad capable of winning. Arsene isn't one of them.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 3:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
I can attribute our lack of signing an outfield player to one of two things

1. Arsene has allowed Mourinho get into his head. Remember Mour accused Arsenal of "buying" the league. Perhaps Wenger wants to show he doesn't need to spend to win

2. Wenger has looked at our performance last season and concluded that we faltered in the early stages because we lacked numbers defensively. Adding Gabriel, Coquelin and Cech, he now believes he's solved the defensive problems and we should now automatically improve.

I'll go for 2 above. However our games so far this season has shown otherwise.

Looking forward, Chelsea finished 15 points ahead of us last season and John Terry said Cech is capable of helping us win 15 points. We can only now hope and pray.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 3:48pm On Sep 01, 2015
Really funny!

Wenger's take on the inflated transfermarket:

'Look, if the price for food double the solution isn't always to buy. Sometimes you have to look in the cupboard and you'll be surprised by how much you really have. I found this two-year old radish in the cupboard this morning, but because I didn't buy it, you say it's not super quality?'
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 3:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
*Breezes into the thread, sees the Wenger Bashing on-going, breezes out, back to the negotiation room*

Siddon look mode reactivated. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ajasa4link: 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2015
Patiently waiting for goodnews b4 6.pm o... Pataki sports abeg u sure say wenger carry money inside d brief case wey him carry go market so? Abi na wallet professor still carry go market?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
ajasa4link:
Patiently waiting for goodnews b4 6.pm o... Pataki sports abeg u sure say wenger carry money inside d brief case wey him carry go market so? Abi na wallet professor still carry go market?

Only Wenger knows what is on his mind. The guy na craze man. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 4:29pm On Sep 01, 2015

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (3491) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.